GUILTY NY - Jenni-Lyn Watson, 20, Clay, 19 Nov 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
perhaps out of jealousy and curiosity he was checking through the phone's call history to see what phone numbers she had previously called and received calls from. Perhaps he was wondering what guys she had been talking with and if she had called the other guy more than she had called him.

I thought this exact same thing, too. Thing is, if this is the case, and he/she realized the error, not too sure if he/she would stick with that area...

I am trying really hard to stay positive, so forgive me for steering myself into a negative area of thought for a second.

This poor girl reminds me so much of my niece it gives me the shivers. It certainly seems to me that LE has a pretty good idea what's going on here. Otherwise, I would have expected a lot more information to be released. It would be interesting to know where the former love interest has been spending his time. Has he been away at school as well and recently returned home for Thanksgiving himself? Or, has be been "stuck" in Liverpool while she was off making a new life without him? I think the phone records probably contain all the information they need to resolve the case.

I am hoping that Jenni-Lyn was the one that turned on her phone. Perhaps she was able to conceal her cell when she left her house and turned it on briefly when she had the opportunity to safely do it. Because it hasn't been turned back on, I suspect that she was discovered doing this and it was taken away. Perhaps the battery went dead.

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-at...ni-lyn-watson-cell-phone-key-to-finding-jenni
Profiling the disappearance of Jenni-Lyn Watson--Cell phone key to finding Jenni

"The fact that Jenni was removed from the scene the way she was screams planning and not a random crime. Planned crimes involve people you know or that know you. Jenni-Lyn's abductor didn't just happen into her neighborhood, find her home alone, and convince her to open her door to a stranger and then get her to leave without a struggle.

Jenni-Lynn most likely knew her abductor. She may have known him well enough to acquiesce to his request to leave her purse behind."

I agree with the author's assessment that Jenni-Lyn knew her abductor. I believe that the police know who this party is from speaking with friends and relatives.

Praying for Jenni! I am glad to see so many people looking and praying for her! I also think she was taken by someone she is familiar with. I really would look into this ex that I am hearing about! Maybe she broke off with him and he was not going to let her do that! This is worrisome!

Oh dear, she is still missing...my internet was down since last night and I just got back on and hoped so much she had been found...are they searching now, does anyone know? What a horrible way to spend the holiday...

Search crews gather after police check missing girls cell phone records
Authorities searched near Jenni-Lyn Watson’s home Tuesday based on cell phone records, authorities said late that afternoon.
More...

Search for Jenny-Lyn Watson to resume Friday
Onondaga County Sheriff's Dept. spokesman Sgt. John D'Eredita tells CNYcentral the search for Jenni-Lyn Watson in a wooded area in Clay will not be conducted today and will resume tomorrow. Investigators are still working, however, on leads that come into the department.
Through interviews with friends and family members, deputies now believe they may know what Jenni-Lyn was wearing on Friday - the last day she was seen. Deputies believe she was last seen and could possibly still be wearing a tan sweatshirt, a pair of blue, green, and white colored pajama pants with white socks.
More...

No full scale search for Jenni-Lyn Watson today
There will not be a full-scale search for Jenni-Lyn Watson today. The Sheriff's Department says search teams will return to action Friday.
Sheriff John D'Eredita says search and rescue crews were not available on the holiday, but he says detectives are working, following up on leads that the department continues to receive. Meanwhile, investigators are attempting find the driver of a pickup truck seen near the Watson home the day the 20-year-old disappeared. A tip about the pickup truck was phoned in to the Sheriff's Department tip line, leading to Undersheriff Warren Darby calling it, "a vehicle of interest."
More... Video's included...

Sheriff releases clothing description for Jenni-Lyn Watson
The Onondaga County Sheriff's office has released a description of the clothing Jenni-Lyn Watson might have been wearing the last time she was seen: a tan sweatshirt, a pair of blue, green and white colored pajama pants with white socks.
More...

Oh dear, she is still missing...my internet was down since last night and I just got back on and hoped so much she had been found...are they searching now, does anyone know? What a horrible way to spend the holiday...

No searches today, they could not get any rescuers being it was the holiday but the Detectives are still working hard on the case.

Yes it is sad Cluciano, very very sad.

Can someone post the link to her myspace page? I'm having trouble finding it. Muchos gracias.

<snipped>

On a Facebook page dedicated to the search for Jenni-Lyn, Kinahan posted to following message:

“We are requesting that all individuals STOP & REFRAIN from posting any forms of conspiracy theories, accusatory comments or any other forms of accusations on Facebook and any other forms of media platforms to which we may not be currently aware of. It is deeply upsetting The Watson Family, Close Friends of The Watson Family and us. Please respect the wishes of The Watson Family by abiding by this request. We ask that you stick to the basics by: handing out fliers, getting the word out about the disappearance of Jenni-Lyn and making people aware of what is currently going on. Thank you abiding by our request.”

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/sto...help-printing-and/jyuxyRaWU0qP-WqAU3Q-qw.cspx

The following message is on this site: http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2010/11/search_continues_for_missing_c/978/comments-3.html

What is the description of the dark pickup??? Is it a black Ford King Cab by any chance??? Because I was a victim of a married sex psycho who was/is preying on hundreds of women in CNY area both on the internet, at Onondage Lake Park over the summer, and he owns two black King Cabs and I have pic of one of them. He is very very intelligent at duping intelligent, good looking women and I have tons of evidence of his behavior, cell phone records(he is an absolute wiz at texting/calling many women at once. Lives in Altmar and is very very sick-I tried to get him arrested but police would not listen to me as this behavior is perfectly legal in New York State.

The following message is on this site: http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2010/11/search_continues_for_missing_c/978/comments-3.html

What is the description of the dark pickup??? Is it a black Ford King Cab by any chance??? Because I was a victim of a married sex psycho who was/is preying on hundreds of women in CNY area both on the internet, at Onondage Lake Park over the summer, and he owns two black King Cabs and I have pic of one of them. He is very very intelligent at duping intelligent, good looking women and I have tons of evidence of his behavior, cell phone records(he is an absolute wiz at texting/calling many women at once. Lives in Altmar and is very very sick-I tried to get him arrested but police would not listen to me as this behavior is perfectly legal in New York State.
Anyone with any information is asked to call investigators at 435-3081.

<snipped>

On a Facebook page dedicated to the search for Jenni-Lyn, Kinahan posted to following message:

“We are requesting that all individuals STOP & REFRAIN from posting any forms of conspiracy theories, accusatory comments or any other forms of accusations on Facebook and any other forms of media platforms to which we may not be currently aware of. It is deeply upsetting The Watson Family, Close Friends of The Watson Family and us. Please respect the wishes of The Watson Family by abiding by this request. We ask that you stick to the basics by: handing out fliers, getting the word out about the disappearance of Jenni-Lyn and making people aware of what is currently going on. Thank you abiding by our request.”

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/sto...help-printing-and/jyuxyRaWU0qP-WqAU3Q-qw.cspx

Well, aside from trying to figure out what happened, there is nothing anyone can do. Just saying, "Jenni-Lyn is missing!," doesn't really accomplish much. The speculation on theories, etc, helps people to discuss and better understand what may have happened...and it keeps people open to all kinds of ideas and helpful clues.

I have seen other missing persons pages on FB that say, "Don't discuss anything here because it upsets the family." I would say the family is pretty upset already and they have my sympathies related to the sadness of missing their loved one. That being said, the family probably shouldn't be manning the FB page.

Well, aside from trying to figure out what happened, there is nothing anyone can do. Just saying, "Jenni-Lyn is missing!," doesn't really accomplish much. The speculation on theories, etc, helps people to discuss and better understand what may have happened...and it keeps people open to all kinds of ideas and helpful clues.

I have seen other missing persons pages on FB that say, "Don't discuss anything here because it upsets the family." I would say the family is pretty upset already and they have my sympathies related to the sadness of missing their loved one. That being said, the family probably shouldn't be manning the FB page.

This is so well-said that it deserves a personal "thank you" beyond just clicking the thanks button.

They really could not get a search party today? That is so sad...I know it is a holiday but how can they just possibly leave her out there?

Lots of people work on holidays...I guess it just seems extra sad that she might be laying out in the cold and no one is looking for her...is LE allowing the family to search?

This is so well-said that it deserves a personal "thank you" beyond just clicking the thanks button.

double thanks.......how is anyone suppose to help without any info and the locals and friends of the girl and the other who "may" be involved who may have some info...any info.....how many times I have seen someone post something on a comments of a news site or facebook and people have said go to the police with that info.....alot of time people are scared to go to the police or just really dont know what to do with info they may have.

I thought I read yesterday that a smaller search party would be out today, due to the holiday...

I think it is a shame that it takes almost a week for LE to get cell ping records when a person is missing and could be trapped in a wrecked vehicle or otherwise in need of rescue. We need to take advantage of the technology we have available to almost everyone much sooner.

Privacy laws are an issue, but that could be taken care of with a simple waiver which a cell phone owner could use to specify to whom and under what circumstances their information could be released in an emergency situation. Maybe one of those websites that people can go to for legal documents should offer such a document which could be made available free to the public. They could promote it as a public service and draw new customers to their site.

Awesome idea!!!

Snapped a cell phone pic today at KMart in Mattydale. There were several more fliers around the store, and some family we had Thanksgiving dinner with on the opposite side of Syracuse have also seen fliers around. I'm so glad that Jenni-Lyn's case is getting so much attention.

Attachments

• jenni-lyn.jpg
    jenni-lyn.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 47

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads