GUILTY NY - Jenni-Lyn Watson, 20, Clay, 19 Nov 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Fox News just covered Jenni Lyn's disappearance....not much new in the coverage...just reiterated that there were no signs of a struggle at the home...Jenni Lyn had just completed a grueling week of finals and she was exhausted the day of her disppearance and had no plans to leave the home. They did refer to the ex but said LE would not release any info or comment.

I hope the searching has begun this morning and that they find her phone in those woods, and not Jenni-Lynn...and that she is being held someplace. Maybe all of the national attention will scare whoever took her and he will let her go...trying to think of best possible scenario, though I hate to think of her being locked up somewhere for a week too...

Search resumes in Clay for Jenni-Lyn Watson

Published: Friday, November 26, 2010, 9:17 AM
Updated: Friday, November 26, 2010, 9:31 AM

Clay, NY – The search for Jenni-Lyn Watson resumed at 7:30 a.m. with dozens of law enforcement officials again combing a wooded tract near the missing 20-year-old’s home for clues.

About 60 members of town and village police agencies in Onondaga and Oswego counties were to join Onondaga County sheriff’s deputies in the search, sheriff’s Sgt John D’Eredita said.

more here

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2010/11/search_resumes_in_clay_for_jen.html

If volunteer searchers are permitted, and the person that took Jenni-lyn volunteers and then "finds" the body, forensic evidence found at the scene would become much less valuable as any good defense attorney would say it was left there when the suspect "found" the body.
I'm guessing that LE has a suspect, but doesn't want that individual to know he is suspected and that's why the family doesn't want theories on FB. I am hopeful that LE is doing surveillance on that individual that might lead them to Jenni-lyn.

Only on line for 5 min. due to a meeting, but a professional resource might look into offering their assistance. If anyone on W.S. has information that could be sent to me (privately is fine), the following info. is needed: LE agency in charge; LE contact person (and rank); and telephone numbers, this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Something that stands out to me is there is no mention of footware. They mention socks,presumably,what she had on when she went to bed. I would think a girl coming home for a week would bring a limited amount of shoes. Probably boots,sneakers,and possably another pair of shoes. I don't believe in this weather you would just walk outside without something on your feet,but if you were taken from your home,wouldn't there be evidence some sort of struggle? Was she a jogger? In whch case wouldn't you notice if sneakers were missing? If she is a walker/jogger,then this could be a stranger abduction,but why wouldnt LE release info that she was known to jog?
It really does seem like this must have been someone she knows,but knowing how these kids use thir cell phones,I can't believe that LE can't figure out who were the last people she spoke to or texted. There must have been some arrangement to meet or something, but in that case wouldn't she have on street clothes?
Something is strange to me about the limited information given out.

hmmm....so I just checked out her myspace page.
The fact that Jenni-Lyn was as accomplished as she was in dance (has performed with the Moscow Ballet!), tells me that she's worked VERY hard for a VERY long time. Dancers at that level generally began spending many many hours a week at a very young age. By the time they get into their teens, the majority of their time outside of school is spent focusing on dance - not much time for dating and socializing.
It is very clear from her myspace page, that the boyfriend (ex-fiance?) was a "first love". Almost EVERY single picture is of the two of them kissing. There are no pictures of Jenni-Lyn with girlfriends or family members. Which leads me to believe that she was pretty infatuated with having a boyfriend, and not focusing on much else.
All too often, this type of head-over-heels infatuation leads to very possesive feelings towards each other. Especially if it was the "first love" for both of them.
If he wasn't really on any path towards goals as she was, he may have become very possesive, and if her family and friends didn't really agree with their relationship - it could very possibly have led to her isolating herself from them in favor of keeping him happy.
If I was her parents and my daughter had such amazing talent and had already accomplished so much, I wouldn't love seeing pictures of her in her bed making out with him at college. That means he's going to visit her and taking her away from other things like, dance, her studies, and the opportunity to enjoy new friends and activities at college.
Since her myspace page was published with all the pics of them - she's created her FB page and clearly started to incorporate more people in her life. The fact that he had already asked her to marry him indicates that he knew very well that she was quite a catch. It also put a claim on her finger which means that all of the decisions she makes about her future are supposed to include him. She's verrrry young for that.
It seems that she finally came to her senses and called it off (phew!). But again, he was CLEARLY infatuated and really may have flipped his lid.
He may have had NO idea how to handle the rejection - he wanted her with him for life and he thought he had it.
The one thing I'll say is this - unless he has a violent history, I find it unlikely that he would have ended her life, even by accident.
If he does have her with him, I think he's just begging and pleading for her not to leave him. He may even be threatening to kill himself if she won't change her mind. If this is the first time she's ever dealt with this kind of emotional assault, he might be making her feel horrible with guilt. The thing is, when someone with no violent history snaps over a break-up, what they want MOST is the other person to BE with them - so killing that person would defeat their purpose. He may very well have harmed her, maybe even badly, but I don't think he'd kill her and hide her body.
If he does have her, and she's alive, its possible that they're both scared to death because its gotten so blown out in the open. She might feel very worried that he's going to get into trouble, and she might feel very guilty. I think LE already knows that she's alive and that she's with him - they're just trying to "talk him off a ledge" and get her back safely.
Now if it comes out that he's have a violent history, history of mental illness or instability, or drug/alcohol abuse - that changes things. Those factors make it much more likely that he may have taken her life.

http://uticadailynews.com/utica_dai...e-check-missing-girls-cell-phone-records.html

"Her phone was turned on today around 12:30," wrote a friend of Watson. "I don't know the exact location, I just know it's near Waterhouse Road and Henry Clay Boulevard. Within a half hour of her phone turning on they were searching. ...Phone's not on anymore, I've tried calling her -- straight to voice mail. It could've been anything, but at least it kind of gives us a lead."

http://twitter.com/FindJenni#

She disappeared on Friday, Nov 19th - and her phone was off until Wed, Nov 23rd, when it was turned on for a short time?

In the Steven Koecher case, we have evidence that Steven's phone was turned on once or twice a day, for several days -- to pick up messages. That preserved battery life, because we also have evidence that he wasn't home long enough to charge the phone He made no outgoing calls, but checked voicemails.

In reading about this case, I believe she's left on her own.

I know -- that's the best-case scenario.

But think about this: someone who harmed her, wouldn't want to be traced through that cellphone, nor would they want to be caught with it in their possession.

honestly i wouldn't read too much into the myspace -- not a lot of people use the networking site anymore. i know i have one that i never update, with lots of old pictures. my FB page is totally different, night and day. for the simple reason that i use it more now. people could read into my myspace -- and it would be incorrect, as it's outdated.

this part:

>>>If I was her parents and my daughter had such amazing talent and had already accomplished so much, I wouldn't love seeing pictures of her in her bed making out with him at college. That means he's going to visit her and taking her away from other things like, dance, her studies, and the opportunity to enjoy new friends and activities at college.>>>

i don't know, i think that's kind of unfair, IMHO. she's 20. she's excited to have a boyfriend. it's healthy to have a balance between schoolwork and real life. there were pics on her myspace where she was excited that someone came to see her dance -- that's supportive. kids put up a lot worse online than kissing in a bed. i don't think there's any way to judge -- nor should we -- how the relationship affected her schoolwork. or if it did.

hmmm....so I just checked out her myspace page.
The fact that Jenni-Lyn was as accomplished as she was in dance (has performed with the Moscow Ballet!), tells me that she's worked VERY hard for a VERY long time. Dancers at that level generally began spending many many hours a week at a very young age. By the time they get into their teens, the majority of their time outside of school is spent focusing on dance - not much time for dating and socializing.
It is very clear from her myspace page, that the boyfriend (ex-fiance?) was a "first love". Almost EVERY single picture is of the two of them kissing. There are no pictures of Jenni-Lyn with girlfriends or family members. Which leads me to believe that she was pretty infatuated with having a boyfriend, and not focusing on much else.
All too often, this type of head-over-heels infatuation leads to very possesive feelings towards each other. Especially if it was the "first love" for both of them.
If he wasn't really on any path towards goals as she was, he may have become very possesive, and if her family and friends didn't really agree with their relationship - it could very possibly have led to her isolating herself from them in favor of keeping him happy.
If I was her parents and my daughter had such amazing talent and had already accomplished so much, I wouldn't love seeing pictures of her in her bed making out with him at college. That means he's going to visit her and taking her away from other things like, dance, her studies, and the opportunity to enjoy new friends and activities at college.
Since her myspace page was published with all the pics of them - she's created her FB page and clearly started to incorporate more people in her life. The fact that he had already asked her to marry him indicates that he knew very well that she was quite a catch. It also put a claim on her finger which means that all of the decisions she makes about her future are supposed to include him. She's verrrry young for that.
It seems that she finally came to her senses and called it off (phew!). But again, he was CLEARLY infatuated and really may have flipped his lid.
He may have had NO idea how to handle the rejection - he wanted her with him for life and he thought he had it.
The one thing I'll say is this - unless he has a violent history, I find it unlikely that he would have ended her life, even by accident.
If he does have her with him, I think he's just begging and pleading for her not to leave him. He may even be threatening to kill himself if she won't change her mind. If this is the first time she's ever dealt with this kind of emotional assault, he might be making her feel horrible with guilt. The thing is, when someone with no violent history snaps over a break-up, what they want MOST is the other person to BE with them - so killing that person would defeat their purpose. He may very well have harmed her, maybe even badly, but I don't think he'd kill her and hide her body.
If he does have her, and she's alive, its possible that they're both scared to death because its gotten so blown out in the open. She might feel very worried that he's going to get into trouble, and she might feel very guilty. I think LE already knows that she's alive and that she's with him - they're just trying to "talk him off a ledge" and get her back safely.
Now if it comes out that he's have a violent history, history of mental illness or instability, or drug/alcohol abuse - that changes things. Those factors make it much more likely that he may have taken her life.

Police expanding search area for Jenni-Lyn

Town of Clay (WSYR-TV) - Detectives are ready to expand the area of the search for missing 20 year old Jenni-Lyn Watson. Police say they are finalizing the search in area's already covered, and are looking to move the search area east of Henry Clay Blvd now.

Police have also set up road-side canvassing in the Donegal Way area in hopes to gather information from commuters to aide in their search effort.

more here

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/sto...rea-for-Jenni-Lyn/jyuxyRaWU0qP-WqAU3Q-qw.cspx

I would think if its this particular boyfriend,they must have a good idea of his whereabouts on the day she went missing and up until now. Surely if he doesn't have an alibi for last Friday, they would be looking at him pretty darn close. And if he is holding her somewhere,wouldn't the other people in his life know about it,or notice strange behavior? If he accidently killed her,could he be so calm as to not crack?
I think its imperative to know if she runs or jogs to keep in shape. As a dancer she most certainly likes to keep fit. If this is a stranger abduction,sad to say,she may never be found.
I still think someone may have tossed her phone in the woods and if the on/off is sensative an animal could have picked it up or stepped on it and turned it on.

Isn't a press conference a bit out of character for the way this case has been handled?

I had heard there was one press conference, but haven't actually seen it. It's possible they just haven't been as clearly reported as being press conferences and more statements from LE, so I missed them.

It just seems a bit abrupt and it worries me a bit... but I'm sure they would have seen increased activity or evidence of CSU or ME if they found something during the search...

She disappeared on Friday, Nov 19th - and her phone was off until Wed, Nov 23rd, when it was turned on for a short time?

In the Steven Koecher case, we have evidence that Steven's phone was turned on once or twice a day, for several days -- to pick up messages. That preserved battery life, because we also have evidence that he wasn't home long enough to charge the phone He made no outgoing calls, but checked voicemails.

In reading about this case, I believe she's left on her own.

I know -- that's the best-case scenario.

But think about this: someone who harmed her, wouldn't want to be traced through that cellphone, nor would they want to be caught with it in their possession.

Personally, I don't think she left on her own without taking anything with her from her parents house. That also is a very odd location for her cell phone to be turned on. That doesn't look good at all to me since it is a very woody area. It could be somebody found her phone and turned it on. I wish she could be found safe, but something tells me she won't. I noticed from a map that Clay Park Central is a very large area where something could be hidden easily.

For anyone interested...

On the Verizon LG VX9200 enV3 (which is what Jenni supposedly has) the end button is your power button. Just like on many other cell phones. However as you can see from the link, this cell phone is quite different than the cell phones many are used to.

As the daughter of an owner of a cell phone company... I can tell you two things.

1.) The most common complaint about this phone is that it shuts OFF by itself. Just sitting on the table, nobody touching it at all.

2.) That we have never had complaints about accidentally hitting the power button and shutting it OFF.

We also have to remember that Jenni's phone was turned ON and then turned back OFF.

If if was turned off and then back on I might think it rebooted itself... but cell phones don't turn themselves ON and then go back off.

So it had to be turned ON (power button)

Then a call had to be made (send button if it was the last number dialed in her phone)

Then the call had to be ended and it had to be turned OFF (end/power button).

At least the first two steps are required. It's possible the phone then died both ending the call and shutting it off. If not, then you also have to turn off the phone. Possibly end the call first if there was a length of time between the call and the phone shutting off.

If the call ended and the phone shut off at the same time... I'll entertain the idea that it was an animal and the phone died. Otherwise... I think it had to be a person. I don't think an animal went beyond those first two steps.

All of that is assuming this was a number that was the last called in Jenni's phone. Going through contacts or calling a new number definitely means it was a human.

Knowing who was called and if there was a conversation would be very helpful. Maybe we will hear that at the press conference? I also think releasing that they were tracking her phone was not a great idea... because if the abductor didn't know she had it, he does now. If it was the abductor using it, he won't now.

I would think if its this particular boyfriend,they must have a good idea of his whereabouts on the day she went missing and up until now. Surely if he doesn't have an alibi for last Friday, they would be looking at him pretty darn close. And if he is holding her somewhere,wouldn't the other people in his life know about it,or notice strange behavior? If he accidently killed her,could he be so calm as to not crack?
I think its imperative to know if she runs or jogs to keep in shape. As a dancer she most certainly likes to keep fit. If this is a stranger abduction,sad to say,she may never be found.
I still think someone may have tossed her phone in the woods and if the on/off is sensative an animal could have picked it up or stepped on it and turned it on.

I agree with this. I think right now, with the scant information LE has released, it's really unfair to speculate about the ex-boyfriend's role in this. There's absolutely nothing to suggest he has any involvement at all, as far as I know.

For anyone interested... Knowing who was called and if there was a conversation would be very helpful. Maybe we will hear that at the press conference? I also think releasing that they were tracking her phone was not a great idea... because if the abductor didn't know she had it, he does now. If it was the abductor using it, he won't now.

(gentle and respectful snippage)

Thank you for the details on the phone.

You're right; it's unlikely that the phone was turned on (and then off) accidentally.
The location of where that happened, is vital - although the latest news story says they're continuing to search in the area the phone was at, when she disappeared.

So either that phone call/check on the 23rd was in the same area, or in an area that's linked to a POI.

If that last call was truly an outgoing call or text, that'll provide good information. But a call to voicemail isn't helpful.

I would think if its this particular boyfriend,they must have a good idea of his whereabouts on the day she went missing and up until now. Surely if he doesn't have an alibi for last Friday, they would be looking at him pretty darn close. And if he is holding her somewhere,wouldn't the other people in his life know about it,or notice strange behavior? If he accidently killed her, could he be so calm as to not crack?

If the boyfriend is the POI, didn't they interview him BEFORE the call from her cellphone, on the 23rd? Certainly, if he was suspect at all, there'd be a warrant out for HIS cellphone records....which could also be triangulated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back