GUILTY NY - Jenni-Lyn Watson, 20, Clay, 19 Nov 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
wfgodot - all I could think while reading your post is precious time has been wasting away....wasting away.....tick tock.

*sigh*

How can discussing things on FB be so upsetting to family and friends of this missing young lady? I am speaking as a mother of a young son who went missing six years ago. Fortunately, we had a good ending but only after 72 hours of not knowing. During this time, LE came to our home on numerous occasions, telling us of their efforts to locate our son. Some of the information they gave us was unknown to us and upsetting....but they were honest, while being kind. They told us upfront that as a result of what they had learned, there was a possibility that our son had met foul play and might be deceased. As hurtful as this was to hear, I had to know what happened. I personally contacted some loathesome individuals, pleading as a mom for them to tell me where my son was located. It wasn't very helpful but I tried because LE asked me to do so.

I say this to point out that this family has to know that, with the passing hours, the likelihood of their daughter being found safe is very low. Either way, safe or not safe, we must find this victim....now, how is this to be done without speculation, research, public help, and theory development?

I was astonished that no searching took place on Thursday...holiday or not, it was already day 6. Something is wrong with this case OR LE is in way over their heads and does not want to admit it. The family is too worried about theories, etc. or seem to be, when with so little known, anything might be useful...I'd like to think she left on her own and that is why the seeming lack of urgency. The only thing LE seems to be urgent about is discouraging help from the community...

How can discussing things on FB be so upsetting to family and friends of this missing young lady? I am speaking as a mother of a young son who went missing six years ago. Fortunately, we had a good ending but only after 72 hours of not knowing. During this time, LE came to our home on numerous occasions, telling us of their efforts to locate our son. Some of the information they gave us was unknown to us and upsetting....but they were honest, while being kind. They told us upfront that as a result of what they had learned, there was a possibility that our son had met foul play and might be deceased. As hurtful as this was to hear, I had to know what happened. I personally contacted some loathesome individuals, pleading as a mom for them to tell me where my son was located. It wasn't very helpful but I tried because LE asked me to do so.

I say this to point out that this family has to know that, with the passing hours, the likelihood of their daughter being found safe is very low. Either way, safe or not safe, we must find this victim....now, how is this to be done without speculation, research, public help, and theory development?

I agree with you Shefner - and bow to your most unfortunate experience in dealing with a missing child (((((hugs girl!))))). I imagine that things are hard to hear and can be devastating - but truth & facts have to be faced and are what will move things along and gets a case closer to a resolution.

Theory about the cell phone:

I think that perhaps it was losing battery power and cut off. Most phones will do this to conserve the battery. Perhaps the perp turned the phone back on to check for numbers that had been dialed....and text messages. Sounds like someone might have been jealous....

I read a comment on FB pertaining to this:

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2008/06/clay_votes_to_abolish_its_poli_1.html

So, I am not too sure how this plays into the missing womans story, but it has been brought up via FB. Some of the comments are startling (and these were posted 2+ years ago!)

The best Police Departments in the country do not have to be large, well-funded, or highly trained in every field. They simply need to know when crimes are beyond their ability to resolve them.....and how to make one phone call: "Hello, FBI? We need you."

i live a half hour from where this happened and my cousin is close friends with this girl. i have only heard that my cousin is very upset. no one is sharing any information. its so sad.

From the way LE is acting, I feel this is more of a recovery effort than a search and rescue. They do not want civilians to be searching the wooded areas; It is possible they believe her body to be located within the parameters and are afraid of how people could respond if they come across that situation. I'm not just talking about touching the body but also getting footprints all across the crime scene that could interfere with the investigation. I just feel like LE is being so lax about finding her, especially if they think she is being held by someone and in danger since I doubt someone kidnapped her to have a conversation. I am hoping I am wrong.

I'm not sure what LE's reasons are, but I'm completely underwhelmed by their actions thus far - no searches on Thursday? Mind-boggling. That's a day wasted. And the day before, on 24 November, it was reported that LE had only twenty-two people searching - twenty-two searchers, five+ days after Jenni-Lyn went missing.*

The powers that be seem more concerned with discouraging the public's natural inclination as citizens to help than they do with providing information which might lead to more, and more helpful, tips and leads from the public - let alone utilizing that public to search for Jenni-Lyn.

And if the powers that be are truly this bereft of information, it's time to call in another agency or agencies for much-needed assistance in the matter. Saying they now have plenty of searchers begs the question: Why did it take you a week to raise a sufficient amount of searchers for a missing girl?

The lack of transparency in this investigation thus far, raises many questions. And to assume that the public are not competent to assist in an investigation is woefully to underestimate the intelligence of that public.

Earlier today, WSYR-TV reported this: "A meeting is scheduled for Friday between the sheriff’s department and [Watson family spokesperson Kelly] Kinahan, where she says they’ll be discussing plans for volunteers to help in the search. After the meeting she expects to have details on how people can get involved."* We now know the result of that meeting, if it was actually held; and that result, after one week, is not at all satisfactory.

*http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/sto...-needed-as-search/jyuxyRaWU0qP-WqAU3Q-qw.cspx

Awesome post. The thanks button wasn't enough!

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2010/11/more_than_100_police_and_searc.html

A canvas of drivers today is being conducted near Watson’s Donegal Way home, D’Eredita said. Deputies stopped every car coming into or going out of the two roads that access the Kennedy Park neighborhood off of Bear Road to ask if they saw anything that might help searchers last Friday.
Yellow ribbons and a search flier are attached to the both the Kennedy Park signs on Bear Road and every pole, sign post and many trees in the neighborhood sport yellow ribbons, as well.
There were marked police cars from more than a dozen police agencies Friday afternoon in the parking lot of the Moyers Corners fire station on Henry Clay Boulevard, headquarters for the search.
Besides the Onondaga County Sheriff’s Officers, members of the U.S. Marshals Office, state police, Oswego County Sheriff’s Office, the Onondaga County major felonies unit and the Syracuse, Camillus, Jordan, East Syracuse, Baldwinsville, Manlius, Geddes, Liverpool, Solvay, DeWitt police departments are involved in today’s search.

and at least six search and rescue dog organization......

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2010/11/more_than_100_police_and_searc.html

A canvas of drivers today is being conducted near Watson’s Donegal Way home, D’Eredita said. Deputies stopped every car coming into or going out of the two roads that access the Kennedy Park neighborhood off of Bear Road to ask if they saw anything that might help searchers last Friday.
Yellow ribbons and a search flier are attached to the both the Kennedy Park signs on Bear Road and every pole, sign post and many trees in the neighborhood sport yellow ribbons, as well.
There were marked police cars from more than a dozen police agencies Friday afternoon in the parking lot of the Moyers Corners fire station on Henry Clay Boulevard, headquarters for the search.
Besides the Onondaga County Sheriff’s Officers, members of the U.S. Marshals Office, state police, Oswego County Sheriff’s Office, the Onondaga County major felonies unit and the Syracuse, Camillus, Jordan, East Syracuse, Baldwinsville, Manlius, Geddes, Liverpool, Solvay, DeWitt police departments are involved in today’s search.

and at least six search and rescue dog organization......

Seems to me it's too little too late. JMO

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2010/11/police_maintain_hope_for_missi.html

Darby said police have been able to speak with Watson’s local friends and expected to speak with her college friends after the weekend when students return to the Erie, Pa., college.

more..
Watson’s disappearance continued to move people. Yellow ribbons and a search flier could be scene on posts in the subdivision where Watson’s family lives. Every pole, sign post and many trees in the neighborhood sport yellow ribbons, as well. At Friday night’s tree lighting ceremony at Syracuse’s Clinton Square, young women handed out fliers asking for help finding Watson.

According to Kelly Kinahan, family spokesperson, Good Morning America will have a segment on Jenni Lyn's case on Saturday, November 27 at 7-8 a.m.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2010/11/police_maintain_hope_for_missi.html

Darby said police have been able to speak with Watson’s local friends and expected to speak with her college friends after the weekend when students return to the Erie, Pa., college.

more..
Watson’s disappearance continued to move people. Yellow ribbons and a search flier could be scene on posts in the subdivision where Watson’s family lives. Every pole, sign post and many trees in the neighborhood sport yellow ribbons, as well. At Friday night’s tree lighting ceremony at Syracuse’s Clinton Square, young women handed out fliers asking for help finding Watson.

How sad that they haven't spoken to her college friends by now. :( We're 8 days out from this crime.

How sad that they haven't spoken to her college friends by now. :( We're 8 days out from this crime.

I agree. Even if they were out of school last week for the holiday, surely school officials could have given them the students' home phone numbers, right?

I agree. Even if they were out of school last week for the holiday, surely school officials could have given them the students' home phone numbers, right?

Or they could have taken 2 minutes to look at her Facebook friends list and contacted people that way!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie
Back