GUILTY NY - Jenni-Lyn Watson, 20, Clay, 19 Nov 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just can't stop thinking about Jenni-Lynn and hoping she is not suffering right now while most people are enjoying their holiday...

A number of people on the FB page are saying they would help search anytime, as long as LE allows it...are they not allowing it?

A number of people on the FB page are saying they would help search anytime, as long as LE allows it...are they not allowing it?

Currently, LE is asking civilians not to search but they said that they may allow them to help with the search this weekend.

IIRC, they said hold off for now and they may ask for volunteers this weekend.

Scroll down to No ground searches today. Its a video.

http://www.9wsyr.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=283430@wixt.web.entriq.net&navCatId=5

I would have thought they would done some search today to and Im sure they would have found alot of people to help out but they do not want anyone searching for her but the rescuers. :steamed:

Sheriff's Dept. Says to Stay Clear of Search Area
Authorities are urging people to call if they have information but not to look for Watson on their own, saying it would interfere with the investigation.

Jenni-Lyn's mother, Jackie Watson, delivered the same message in a written statement: "Thank you for all of the offers of help and assistance. It is greatly appreciated. At this time, we ask that you respect the advice of the Sheriff's Department and do not go near the designated search area. Professionals are covering that part of the search. However, what you can do is check any property you own, to include buildings, basements, sheds or places that you do not normally spend time in."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/search-halted-missing-student-jenni-lyn-watson-20/story?id=12244752

Does anyone know why LE would NOT want searchers? I don't understand.

Does anyone know why LE would NOT want searchers? I don't understand.

There could be many reasons, depending on the circumstances. LE may believe that they are dealing with a potential crime scene that they do not want compromised. They could be concerned that having a large number of amateur searchers may make subsequent searches more difficult. They could be concerned about the safety of searchers.

I can't see how the family could bear not having the searching being on-going while there is a chance she is out there and possibly alive...what on earth does LE expect to find, that they won't allow others to search but are not searching themselves today either? This is very frustrating...I don't know that I could abstain, if Jenni-Lynn were one of my family members...I can't stop thinking about her from thousands of miles away...I can't imagine being there and not able to go out and look for her.

I can't see how the family could bear not having the searching being on-going while there is a chance she is out there and possibly alive...what on earth does LE expect to find, that they won't allow others to search but are not searching themselves today either? This is very frustrating...I don't know that I could abstain, if Jenni-Lynn were one of my family members...I can't stop thinking about her from thousands of miles away...I can't imagine being there and not able to go out and look for her.

Me too cluciano, I think I would go out of my mind.

The trend the past couple of years is to not allow civilian searches. They are more problematic than helpfull.

Yet all kinds of people were out searching for the two women and the child murdered in Ohio...half the town, it seemed...

Yet all kinds of people were out searching for the two women and the child murdered in Ohio...half the town, it seemed...

And LE in that case discouraged it for many reasons. Those searches were not LE sanctioned. In some cases they help, but rarely.

Well, aside from trying to figure out what happened, there is nothing anyone can do. Just saying, "Jenni-Lyn is missing!," doesn't really accomplish much. The speculation on theories, etc, helps people to discuss and better understand what may have happened...and it keeps people open to all kinds of ideas and helpful clues.

I have seen other missing persons pages on FB that say, "Don't discuss anything here because it upsets the family." I would say the family is pretty upset already and they have my sympathies related to the sadness of missing their loved one. That being said, the family probably shouldn't be manning the FB page.

I was reading an article about Jenni Lyn's disappearance where the author was analyzing the information that was given so far and someone had commented about not spreading theories, facts not confirmed by media, etc. It seems like they are totally against saying anything besides, "I hope Jenni Lyn is found." I can understand wanting to keep the FB page positive with no speculation but the rest of the net is fair game.

What did they think would happen when Jenni Lyn got national media attention; where they worked very hard to get? It's a mystery to why she disappeared and it's natural for people to comment with their theories. This happens in every missing person case and every murder case. And you can't censor thousands of comments about the case across the Web.

It also seems that whenever someone posts on the FB page about a possible tip in the case, it gets deleted very quickly.

And I also agree that family should not be reading the FB page or the comments on news stories about this case as people tend to not have a filter when they are behind the screen.

There are over 20,000 people attached to that FB page, I think, so really, there is no way to keep opinions and theories from creeping in...and I would not think that keeping on top of that page would really be a priority right now. But sometimes, we've seen things on those pages and in comments in newspapers that turn out to be true...you never know where a lead could come from.

It would be hard, though, not to sit there and read that page if you know her and can't do much of anything else to help...and probably hurtful to read some of the theories, etc...

Kind of a Catch-22...

I'm afraid that the national attention is going to be beside the point...that Jenni-Lynn is very close to home...

There are over 20,000 people attached to that FB page, I think, so really, there is no way to keep opinions and theories from creeping in...and I would not think that keeping on top of that page would really be a priority right now. But sometimes, we've seen things on those pages and in comments in newspapers that turn out to be true...you never know where a lead could come from.

It would be hard, though, not to sit there and read that page if you know her and can't do much of anything else to help...and probably hurtful to read some of the theories, etc...

Kind of a Catch-22...

I'm afraid that the national attention is going to be beside the point...that Jenni-Lynn is very close to home...

I can definitely see how reading comments like, "I don't think this will end well," could be very upsetting for friends and family of Jenni Lyn. Therefore, they should refrain from reading user-submitted comments online about the case.

National media attention is a double edged sword.

I also agree that when LE finds Jenni Lyn; she will be found very close to her home.

In the case with Tina Hermann, her poor son Kody and the family friend... the facebook page was taken over by horrible people who posted upsetting pictures, and really disgusting posts.

Perhaps that might in some way have contributed to the facebook stance the Watsons are taking?

Also... my gut tells me they have a suspect...it's someone known to the family and police... and they're being extra careful as to what is released.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back