Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we ever determine if her parents had a garage?

2c- She dies at home. Wrapped up and put in van which is hidden near home- maybe her parents garage since they are out of state. Realizing he needs an alibi and to clear his head from what just happened, he runs to Y. Wasn't dressed for a run since it wasn't planned and calls TP for ride....giving his alibi reinforcement. She saw him therefore he couldn't have done anything. :what: the next day he takes her phone to where it w found and calls LE. In the evening sometime before her parents due back he moves the body out to Center Rd muddying up the van- or muddying it before he left to camouflage it. Then moves van to the apartments and runs home. All evidence planted. Wonder when the dumpster was taken away....IMO a stranger wouldn't have gone through so much trouble. Jenn would have been found in the van with her cell nearby. :moo::twocents:

Good thoughts -- your 2C makes better sense than my 2B. This scenario would be in keeping with an unpremeditated crime of passion, I suppose.

As far as the parents home, I googled a map of the property to see what the houses on both sides were like. The one to the south of the Ramsaran home is a trailer. So, I think that must belong to the gentleman that was interviewed early on, when they were searching the house, because he was standing in front of a trailer during that interview.

To the north of the Ramsaran home is another house -- and so that must be the parents -- especially since there's no trees between those two property, and mowed grass - to allow easy passage back and forth without having to go all the way out to the road. Anyway, there is a detached building from the house that appears to be a garage or workshop -- can't tell if there's an attached garage to the house or not.

With regard to the dumpster at Norwich apartments -- I've been trying to look that up, and haven't gotten anywhere. I was assuming that the city would have some sort of dumpster pickup, but it looks like it's all private constractors. And there appears to be more than one company doing it, so have no idea who the apartments are using. Perhaps a current local could fill us in.

Good thoughts -- your 2C makes better sense than my 2B. This scenario would be in keeping with an unpremeditated crime of passion, I suppose.

As far as the parents home, I googled a map of the property to see what the houses on both sides were like. The one to the south of the Ramsaran home is a trailer. So, I think that must belong to the gentleman that was interviewed early on, when they were searching the house, because he was standing in front of a trailer during that interview.

To the north of the Ramsaran home is another house -- and so that must be the parents -- especially since there's no trees between those two property, and mowed grass - to allow easy passage back and forth without having to go all the way out to the road. Anyway, there is a detached building from the house that appears to be a garage or workshop -- can't tell if there's an attached garage to the house or not.

With regard to the dumpster at Norwich apartments -- I've been trying to look that up, and haven't gotten anywhere. I was assuming that the city would have some sort of dumpster pickup, but it looks like it's all private constractors. And there appears to be more than one company doing it, so have no idea who the apartments are using. Perhaps a current local could fill us in.

I dont know much, but i do live locally and i do know that depending on the company, if it was Holdens Haulers that did garbage pickup there, it is usually on a Tues. Holdens Haulers also has a depository where you take your garbage to their dumpsters on their property to dispose of it yourself for a small fee. Its located on Rt 12 North just before the landfill. This does not require a permit to dump garbage at like the county landfill does. Anyone with a dump permit can take garbage to the landfill themselves.

I tried to do a property search - every county has one, most are free but some do require registration and/or a fee - unfortunately, Chenago County requires both so can't find the home specs: https://cotthosting.com/nychenango/User/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/nychenango/Index.aspx

Have you tried zillow? They often list if a house has a garage or not, if you click more under the details.

I thought about the same thing with the parents property and if they had a garage. It's pretty risky but I guess if he told them her parents were out of town they might not search over there, they may have not known her parents lived next door. No idea if they have a garage. I think maybe he wouldn't risk it. Maybe hide it one place in the woods and later moved it. I do think he would want it to be found.
The phone and van may have been together some place remote with the phone turned off, that had muddy roads. It would be interesting what the last ping on her phone was that day. Wish they would release some information.

I hope they didn't just think Jennifer was hiding there deliberately. But I fear they could have done.

Storage facilities.

Anyone think any of these are likely to have been places where Jennifer's car could have been stored?

http://www.thestoragecenterllc.com/

There are also two others but I can't post links.

Markham moving and storage, 125 New York 12, Chenango Forks

Afton Self Storage, 37 Academy St, Afton (40 mins drive from Jennifer's house)

I wonder if they have cctv?

Here is boat storage. You could fit a car into a boat unit, couldn't you?

http://www.yellowpages.com/chenango-bridge-ny/boat-storage

I'm thinking that it was parked in the opposite of where people were directed to look. What about Oneonta? There are two colleges there and a lot of student vehicles so it really would not have been noticed if parked at one of the colleges or public lots. The parking garage has cameras so I don't think that would be risked.

Oh dear, I was searching for the name of that scientist who can pin down locations to a very small area, from soil samples. I didn't find her, but I did find this academic paper by the FBI, saying palynology is a very underutilised resource in the USA. I do hope the Sheriff's office has retained soil samples from the car, even if they have not been analysed yet. And I hope they took them before the car was moved.

http://projects.nfstc.org/trace/docs/Trace Presentations CD-2/Korejwo_paper.pdf

If, in fact GR is part of this, I personally think he would have disposed of JR and the car (and any other evidence) that day (and ASAP) before calling LE to report her missing. He was anxious to call them, as well .. so I'm sure everything was "put away" neatly, and he was ready for his performance. I doubt he would have risked having her or any evidence left hanging for them to find. Which, also may lead to premeditation .. unless he's a very, very quick thinker.

The phone, he could have very well kept behind and disposed of it a few seconds before he "found" it and called LE. Perhaps he even left it in the van to be stolen, right along with the van - since the keys were there for anyone to see - and when it wasn't stolen, he went back and retrieved it and went with plan B.

I liked your point, Amanda, about it being someone known to her, because if it wasn't, everything - including JR - would have most likely been left in the van and left somewhere.

snipped by me
....IMO a stranger wouldn't have gone through so much trouble. Jenn would have been found in the van with her cell nearby. :moo::twocents:

It all just seems so neat and tidy, like a script doesn't it? Sometimes I wonder if it's too obvious .. then other times I think GR didn't realize how obvious it was.

I hope that the ME took some time to see if she in fact did suffer from having a bloody nose and if she did, was it recent.

I wonder if that van had any sort of 'black box' in it? These devices are in 96% of vehicles now. They can record a lot of data. I wonder if they could tell where the van went, if it really drove 150 miles after GR 'filled' the tank. Could it tell how long the car sat there? These devices have sensors all over the car, including seat monitors that can tell how many passengers were in the vehicle. Theoretcally they are used to analyze an air bag-deploying event, but in actuality they nay be recording all the time, according to conspiracy nuts.

It would be ironic if the van was left somewhere to be stolen with the keys in it and it ended up so close to home by some joyrider.

The new flyer is posted on the Jennifer Ramsaran - Missing Person FB site and blogspot. first post in some time! Hope it stays up and answers come in! Negative comments posted are being removed. I think it would be good to have it shared there but it may get removed if people keep commenting. JMO and everyone is entitled to theirs. The more it gets shared, posted, physically posted the more likely a lead may come in. https://www.facebook.com/MissingJenniferRamsaran?fref=ts#!/MissingJenniferRamsaran?fref=ts

blogspot http://jenniferramsaran.blogspot.com/p/events.html

If, in fact GR is part of this, I personally think he would have disposed of JR and the car (and any other evidence) that day (and ASAP) before calling LE to report her missing. He was anxious to call them, as well .. so I'm sure everything was "put away" neatly, and he was ready for his performance. I doubt he would have risked having her or any evidence left hanging for them to find. Which, also may lead to premeditation .. unless he's a very, very quick thinker.

The phone, he could have very well kept behind and disposed of it a few seconds before he "found" it and called LE. Perhaps he even left it in the van to be stolen, right along with the van - since the keys were there for anyone to see - and when it wasn't stolen, he went back and retrieved it and went with plan B.

I liked your point, Amanda, about it being someone known to her, because if it wasn't, everything - including JR - would have most likely been left in the van and left somewhere.

It all just seems so neat and tidy, like a script doesn't it? Sometimes I wonder if it's too obvious .. then other times I think GR didn't realize how obvious it was.

BBM

Not to make a red herring out of it, but that could be a clue.

I know family of mine that live in the more rural areas of Chenango County, who tend to leave their cars unlocked, and leave the keys in the ignition all the time.

It tends to happen in secluded areas, and not in the more heavily populated parts like Norwich or Sherburne.

It could be an indication of habit. One would think that one would throw away the keys in the process of getting rid of evidence, and not leave them in the van.

It could implicate a local.

If GR is in the habit of leaving keys in the ignition because of the secluded area he lives in (or if he keeps his vehicle in the garage with keys in the ignition), it's possible that it could implicate him.

Just an idea to throw out there :)

The new flyer is posted on the Jennifer Ramsaran - Missing Person FB site and blogspot. first post in some time! Hope it stays up and answers come in! Negative comments posted are being removed. I think it would be good to have it shared there but it may get removed if people keep commenting. JMO and everyone is entitled to theirs. The more it gets shared, posted, physically posted the more likely a lead may come in. https://www.facebook.com/MissingJenniferRamsaran?fref=ts#!/MissingJenniferRamsaran?fref=ts

Noticed a clarification on the hair dye, at the above blog link. "She showered and applied a shampoo in hair rinse. (did not color her hair, nor dye it as media incorrectly reported.) "

Noticed a clarification on the hair dye, at the above blog link. "She showered and applied a shampoo in hair rinse. (did not color her hair, nor dye it as media incorrectly reported.) "

Gotta wonder if she made it out of that shower alive.

Yet another variation of the hair story.

I don't buy it. :twocents:

Oh I thought that was taking me to the justice for jennifer page. I see they have taken the flyer made by that page. I'm sure the Justice for Jennifer page wouldn't mind, but its only polite to ask is it not?:what:

http://jenniferramsaran.blogspot.com.au/p/blog-page_27.html

Interesting timeline there - "Presented to and by LE" - Funny I don't remember LE releasing much info at all let alone a whole timeline. Perhaps I missed it though?
I'm confused by the section where it says LE gave permission to GR to go search for the phone. Has this happened before, that LE have given a potential POI permission to go and collect evidence?

It’s nice of them to use the Justice for Jennifer Ramsaran poster on their site … but that timeline?

"Timeline as presented to and by Law Enforcement"

Just another attempt to show LE support of their story/timeline - I never saw LE present this timeline
Just like LE supposedly took down the JFJ FB page
Just like they didn't have info about Jen changing her hair colour written on their own missing posters
And just like LE telling GR it was okay to go and search for the phone on his own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08