Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i give you tons of credit for continuing to stay at websleuths, lots of locals come and go on here. and beleave me, i know the frustration when people from outside the area, or distractors attempt to insert there opinion, or want for justice as our reality,
my parents house got broke into, as did my brothers, i had 15 k worth of property destroyed, on and on and on, and we dont get calls returned neither. none of our hard earned missing property is listed on the ccs site, nore are the crimes listed as unsolved.
i wish more locals would stay on webslueths with us. i hope our reality don't become the same for jenns family.
im expecting an ignore situation for a awhile more,than a small artical saying the death cant be determined, possible natural causes.
its became hush hush. and im not comfortable with the direction this one is going neither.
imo opinion there ducky's are are already lined up for a dismissible of the case, just need people to become a little more distant from the case as time goes on.
i hope ws users realize lots of locals asked both LE / local media for an update.

BBM
Who was that comment directed at?

I'm quite sure there was some accumulation before this, because my two older kids flew into the Binghamton airport the week before Christmas -- and I recall we were concerned about the snow possibly closing the airport (it's up on a small mountain).

one storm around the 19th hit cny, some accumulation to the north some to the south, but it went away qiuk. i also ride snowmobile. im sure someone will come back, and contradict me, so if anyone can indefinitely settle this one way or the other (possible by local weather archives) it would be awesome to have this issue weather /snow thing decleared.
also did her van have auto lock on the doors when in gear?
what was her van mpg?
i know gr filled it prior, how much fuel was in it when found?
could it be added to a possible dry run, from sheff rd to center rd. i think i would do dry run first, checking to see the route prior to transport of her body if predetermined.i still think he went toward sherburne via sheff rd,king settlement rd, bryant rd then thru north Norwich, to Plymouth,then pigeon or pike hill.
so much road slim on her van,enough to be called mud, it was rainy that week, and orrs video is a paved rd, this way is all dirt and mud rd... absolutely no cameras. and have any of you ever seen some one pulled over or le presence on dirt rds?

i give you tons of credit for continuing to stay at websleuths, lots of locals come and go on here. and beleave me, i know the frustration when people from outside the area, or distractors attempt to insert there opinion, or want for justice as our reality,
my parents house got broke into, as did my brothers, i had 15 k worth of property destroyed, on and on and on, and we dont get calls returned neither. none of our hard earned missing property is listed on the ccs site, nore are the crimes listed as unsolved.
i wish more locals would stay on webslueths with us. i hope our reality don't become the same for jenns family.
im expecting an ignore situation for a awhile more,than a small artical saying the death cant be determined, possible natural causes.
its became hush hush. and im not comfortable with the direction this one is going neither.
imo opinion there ducky's are are already lined up for a dismissible of the case, just need people to become a little more distant from the case as time goes on.
i hope ws users realize lots of locals asked both LE / local media for an update.

The locals are one of the best parts of any thread on WS imo

They give perspective to everyone, we get to know what the local community is like, the weather, the topography, the history of the area. It is really helpful, and I hope the locals remain with us here too.

one storm around the 19th hit cny, some accumulation to the north some to the south, but it went away qiuk. i also ride snowmobile. im sure someone will come back, and contradict me, so if anyone can indefinitely settle this one way or the other (possible by local weather archives) it would be awesome to have this issue weather /snow thing decleared.
also did her van have auto lock on the doors when in gear?
what was her van mpg?
i know gr filled it prior, how much fuel was in it when found?
could it be added to a possible dry run, from sheff rd to center rd. i think i would do dry run first, checking to see the route prior to transport of her body if predetermined.i still think he went toward sherburne via sheff rd,king settlement rd, bryant rd then thru north Norwich, to Plymouth,then pigeon or pike hill.
so much road slim on her van,enough to be called mud, it was rainy that week, and orrs video is a paved rd, this way is all dirt and mud rd... absolutely no cameras. and have any of you ever seen some one pulled over or le presence on dirt rds?

I went back and looked at photos and emails -- my daughter took a photo on the 21st that looked like about 2 inches of snow accumulation, but my friend who lives over by Chobani said she was just having flurries over there, but expecting more over the weekend.

I think Amanda pulled up the Farmer's Almanac, but it had warmer temperatures for the 11th than what Ace pulled up from the weather report for that day.

At any rate, if Jennifer's body was left on Center Road on the 11th, that would have been probably a good week that she was exposed. That concerns me a bit with tox reports. Fortunately, it was quite cold every night, and probably still in the 30's during the days up on Center Road, so I'm hoping her body was well preserved.

I did do a little research and discovered there's an area on (or near?) the eye -- as I remember, it's called the vitreous humor -- and is quite useful for forensic tox studies, as it doesn't decompose quickly.

Tox screens are generally back 4 to 6 weeks after autopsy, so we're nearing the 6 week mark, but if there's something questionable, they may keep it to verify with other experts.

OK, I'm guess you're asking about autolock because it would mean having to stop the van and take out the key before opening the sliding door? Our van has that -- drives me absolutely crazy.

Speaking of the van...is Jenn's van still in LE custody?? Apparently GR's van broke down and he now has a new one. I found that slightly unsettling -- in the event there might be some evidence in that old van.

My van had the lock thing too..as well as our jetta wagon. They can be programmed any way you want them though. It's actually pretty simple and we had a "quick start guide" in addition to our regular manual/book. I have no point really except that the default setting could have been changed...it was the very first thing we did with both of our cars.

http://www.evesun.com/news/stories/2012-12-27/16539/Winter-storm-hits-Chenango-hard-one-fatality/
i work outside every day, i was 20 miles away on the week of dec11th. i drove on rt 23 that day. there was a few small 1 or 2 inch snow falls between the 11th and the 27 , nothing that stuck around thought....no acumlation of anything prior to the 27th

We spent hours at the dump that Saturday looking and then went and did a "U" hike out and back around to the road on both sides of the center road. The center "road" itself was clear, but we couldn't see any ground. There was a significant amount of snow, if you look at your video, was that Coy rd where you passed and did a 3pt turn or whatever, I tried to do the same thing and got stuck. Where the plow came through, that initial toss of snow was probably there until the very last bit of snow melted if it has melted. So you went on Center rd that weekend? I keep quiet over things that I don't think make a difference in Jennifer's case, but don't single me out and doubt what I say. If I said Center rd had snow, it had snow. Thank you Oh And I had cell service on Center road where my friends came and got me out.

Black boxes that have been in some vehicles for 20 years, both scare me, but give me hope in this case!!

Black boxes that have been in some vehicles for 20 years, both scare me, but give me hope in this case!!

I raised this issue a while back. These devices supposedly only record data upon deployment of air bags, but conspiracy nuts feel they may collect much more than that. Heres hoping.

We had minor snow accumulations on 12/6 then not again until 12/21 when the snow fell in copious amounts until 1/2/13. Around the early part of Feb 2013 there was very little snow in the area. Even on Center Rd before the winter pattern reloaded.

The searches in early Jan were mainly east of Norwich with one being near the area where the phone was found. I'm sure these areas were based on what they had to go on at the time. When you have 4-4.5 hour window that's a huge area to search.

At that time there appeared to have been no crime committed as far as we know or don't know. That's just it we don't know what LE had or didn't have but they had ideas.

Sheriff and State Police on Moon Hill and walking both sides of Route 23 this afternoon.

We had minor snow accumulations on 12/6 then not again until 12/21 when the snow fell in copious amounts until 1/2/13. Around the early part of Feb 2013 there was very little snow in the area. Even on Center Rd before the winter pattern reloaded.

The searches in early Jan were mainly east of Norwich with one being near the area where the phone was found. I'm sure these areas were based on what they had to go on at the time. When you have 4-4.5 hour window that's a huge area to search.

At that time there appeared to have been no crime committed as far as we know or don't know. That's just it we don't know what LE had or didn't have but they had ideas.

RE: At that time there appeared to have been no crime committed as far as we know or don't know.

thefox, investigators should have suspected that foul play was involved when GR found her cell phone discarded and JR's dad found her van with a quantity(?) of blood inside, and with excessive mud on the exterior, imo.

In cases originally suspected of being benign as was JR's, when additional information suggests the missing person is at high risk. A sense of urgency should have been recognized by investigators, and appropriate actions taken.. Discouraging volunteer searching for a missing mother of 3 was not an apropriate action, imo..

Imo, the CCSO's media management strategy is nonexistent.. Seems, total silence is their only strategy, which may be the catalyst for the many rumors, speculation, and conjecture in this case..

http://thedailystar.com/localnews/x1503756987/Report-Blood-found-in-missing-womans-van

February 22, 2013
Report: Blood found in missing woman's van
By Joe Mahoney
The Daily Star

Police found blood stains inside the minivan Jennifer Ramsaran was said to be using when the 36-year-old mother of three left her Chenango County home Dec. 11 and never returned, according to a woman assisting Ramsaran’s husband.

Cynthia Caron, president of a New Hampshire-based organization called LostNMissing Inc., provided that detail to The Daily Star on Thursday, confirming she learned it from Ganesh “Remy” Ramsaran, who married Jennifer Ramsaran after the two met at the State University College at New Paltz.

Ganesh Ramsaran said he did not personally see the blood in the vehicle, but was advised by investigators that a quantity of blood was in the van after it was located in Norwich by Jennifer Ramsaran’s father, Thomas Renz, while he was searching for his daughter.

Sheriff and State Police on Moon Hill and walking both sides of Route 23 this afternoon.

We can assume this case because of their location as we have a level 3 sexual offender on the loose as well, if he hasn't been apprehended by now.

Think this is good news or bad news, assuming they were there for Jennifer's case? What thoughts does anyone have on this?

We can assume this case because of their location as we have a level 3 sexual offender on the loose as well, if he hasn't been apprehended by now.

Think this is good news or bad news, assuming they were there for Jennifer's case? What thoughts does anyone have on this?

The level 3 SO was arrested last night.

I know. They were looking for something but i dont know what. Havent heard anything more. Maybe following up on a new tip? Hope so!

The level 3 offender was found last night at the Sherburne Motelnorwich pd

I know. They were looking for something but i dont know what. Havent heard anything more. Maybe following up on a new tip? Hope so!

Maybe they have a COD? Maybe a step in the right direction to catch Jennifer's killer? We can only hope this wait is rewarded before this moves forward! :please:

Forgive me Upstate, but what's a COD?

Side note: Isn't there a sticky note somewhere with lists of abbreviations? I searched the FAQ and did a thread search but found nothing....

Edit: It just hit me, Cause Of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members