Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite frankly, Amanda, I don't think the community is safe. Someone killed Jennifer. That person is still roaming free, most likely in Chenango County.

How could the community possibly be safe??

I don't feel that the community is safe either. I am in Onondaga County but I still feel unsafe going out alone. Between Jennifer and the other murder which received a ton of media coverage.... :facepalm: Thankfully, the other guy is in jail. Jennifer's murderer too deserves to be. I find it odd that there is such strong suspicions of GR innocence, yet LE has nothing to tie him to the murder. :jail: JMO

Not to say that it WILL happen, but if there's a long period of time with LE being so silent in regards to this case... I fear that there is a slight possibility of vigilantism.

The least one can do is keep the public in the loop, and assure that they're doing everything possible.

Come out and warn the public if there is reason to believe that a murderer is walking among them.

Engage the community in some aspect, and at least inform the community on whether they're investigating a homicide.

I'm not sure if many people outside of the Chenango County or the surrounding region are familiar with the Loomis Gang.

Back in the 1800's the Loomis Gang were horse thieves and petty criminals in the region (based out of Nine-Mile Swamp/Waterville area of Sangerfield, in Madison County [the county directly north of Chenango]).

Their criminal enterprise stretched all the way north into Canada, east into New England, south into Virginia, and west into the Ohio area.

The song "Camptown Races" by Stephen Foster mentions "betting his money on the bob-tailed nag." The bob-tailed nag in that song was Flora Temple, a horse that was sired by Bogus Hunter, one of the horses that the Loomis Family had stolen.

Many people related to or descended from the Loomis clan will deny some aspects, yet embrace their family heritage.

Right after the Civil War ended in 1865, the head of the "gang" (George Washington Loomis Jr.) was killed when a mob of locals from Sangerfield and other parts nearby, attacked the Loomis family farm.

A year after that, another mob attacked the Loomis farm, and nearly lynched Amos "Plumb" Loomis, who went around for the rest of his life with rope burns on his neck.

People in those mobs came from all over the region. Norwich, New Berlin, Hamilton, Smyrna, Plymouth, Sherburne, Waterville, Sangerfield, etc.

I don't think that we'll see this happen in regards to Jennifer's case, but the Sheriff should keep that case in mind, knowing that that has happened in the area in the past.

The people of the region are of a civil nature, and will welcome you like family.

Crimes of this type don't happen often in that area. When they do, it's usually someone the person knows, and odds are, somebody somewhere will know someone or something.

It's a close knit region.

Many (like myself) are related to many in the area, and probably can't throw a rock (preferably not THE ROCK) in the whole of Chenango County without hitting a first, second, third, fourth, or fifth cousin or the kin related to them, or someone that one of them knows or works with, or whose children go to school together.

That's why there's a grapevine or rumor mill in Chenango County, because of that network of relation.

When one steps out of bounds, or does something inhumane or atrocious... the people of Chenango County will go into a heightened state of vigilance, and keep a close eye on things, and especially watch out for their family, as well as their neighbor's family.

That's the type of people that make Chenango County a great place.

That's why I'm proud of where I'm from, and why I remain optimistic through hope and prayer that Jennifer's family will soon see Justice for Jennifer.

But in Mickey's case, LE always knew they were looking for a white truck, which helped considerably. And the killer helped even more, by his ridiculously stupid acts afterward, IMO. Yes, there were lots of community searches, but Mickey would not have ever been found if he did not eventually give way.

I agree LE made mistakes in Jennifer's case, most glaringly in requesting that people not search. And that mistake may end up being too large to overcome, if cause of death cannot now be determined.

cluciano63, due to the tremendous awareness created in Mickey Shunick's abduction, as opposed to JRs. An aware citizen provided LPD with a very valuable tip identifying Tier 3 RSO Brandon Lavergne as the white truck owner.. LA Has a brazillian White Extended Cab Trucks(DWT-Damn White Trucks) running around town..
In contrast to the perp in Jennifer Ramsaran't case, BS Lavergne used multiple police jurisdictions in an effort to evade detection.

Unfortunately, it is often the case that serial offenders will rely on these jurisdictional boundaries to hamper investigations and cause confusion & linkage blindness in their crimes....This common strategy by sexual predators/SKs is one of the signs that is missing in JR's case that points to someone attempting to portray themselves as a predator...

"Jurisdictional Linkage Blindness calculated by RSO Serial Killer BS Lavergne, in Mickey Schunick's abduction/murder and during the aftermath"

Imo, there is only one investigative tool that LE has that prevents jurisdictional linkage blindness; the American public via the MS Media...

BSL's Residence - 1 LE Jurisdiction

Mickey Shunick's Abduction - 2 LE Jurisdiction

MS Bike Disposal - 3 LE Jurisdiction

Hospital NO/LA - 4 LE Jurisdiction

Opelousas General - 5 LE Jurisdiction

BSL'sStolen DW Truck Report - 6 LE Jurisdiction -Texas

BSL's Burned/Stripped DW Truck Located - 7 LE Jurisdiction - Texas

Mickey Shunick's body dumped - 8th LE Jurisdiction

Mickey Shunick's remains buried - 9 th LE Jurisdiction

I've been following here for about 2 months but just registered. I used to live and work in Chenango Co. but was relocated by my company about 4 years ago. I'm dumbfounded by all that I've read regarding how this has been/is being handled by both the local authorities and media. I'll admit that when I read the first reports on Jen missing via Facebook (WBNG-Binghamton news and Evening Sun) I dismissed them thinking this lady took off on her own...the emphasis on the online games/new 'friends', 'she's changed' and especially the super confusing 'may have colored her hair' info. being the reason(s). I know from reading here that I wasn't the only one. I'm so saddened by this but also really angry!! Again, I know I'm not alone based on posts here but can anyone speak to the general feel of the community?!? Are people okay with this?!? Do people just not care because it may not impact them directly?!? This is one heck of a story...if you are of the opinion that GR is the guilty one...I can't believe how quiet it all is?!? I'd stop my channel surfing if I heard a reporter say...well the hubby didn't correct the van color (which was incorrect), he didn't clarify the possible dying her hair before she left was not accurate, he had an affair with her BFF, etc. etc.

Some random thoughts i've had as I've been reading here and hope this format is acceptable (versus finding all the old posts and replying to them?!?) It was a few days ago (I think) when someone commented here that perhaps the whole hair coloring story was thrown out there in case someone w/different color hair was driving her van...I agree! Also, in response to previous posts about GR being very bold and spending time with his trysting partner...maybe he knows his days as a free man are numbered so he can't afford to waste any time. The comment GR made about her losing weight in a dangerous or unhealthy way...but saying how proud he was of her in the same sentence...WTH?!? Noticed how it was not acceptable for Jen to have spent $300 on clothes 'all for herself' but he was apparently fine with her spending $400 on a special Christmas gift for GR ($500 minus the cost of her daughter's (assumption here with the math)). I assume the gift was going to be 'all for him'?!?

Ace85FL original quote snipped for focus:
The people of the region are of a civil nature, and will welcome you like family.

Crimes of this type don't happen often in that area. When they do, it's usually someone the person knows, and odds are, somebody somewhere will know someone or something.

It's a close knit region.

Many (like myself) are related to many in the area, and probably can't throw a rock (preferably not THE ROCK) in the whole of Chenango County without hitting a first, second, third, fourth, or fifth cousin or the kin related to them, or someone that one of them knows or works with, or whose children go to school together.

That's why there's a grapevine or rumor mill in Chenango County, because of that network of relation.

When one steps out of bounds, or does something inhumane or atrocious... the people of Chenango County will go into a heightened state of vigilance, and keep a close eye on things, and especially watch out for their family, as well as their neighbor's family.

That's the type of people that make Chenango County a great place.

That's why I'm proud of where I'm from, and why I remain optimistic through hope and prayer that Jennifer's family will soon see Justice for Jennifer.

While sleuthing the Mickey Shunick case, we had the Lafayette, LA Cajun Net They were instrumental in providing important clues, cultural, and other information in her abduction/murder.. They had the news long before it was released by MS Media, imo. I must add that the local LA MS Media such as KATC TV were not afraid to ask the hard questions and report it...Kudos to them for providing transparency...

Locals, especially verified locals are an invaluable resource when searching for the truth and insuring Justice for innocent victims and their families, imo..

Thanx for sharing Ace85FL...

Locals, how do you feel about The Chenango County Sheriffs Dept? Do you feel they do a good job? Do you feel they use their power appropriately? I'm just curious about the general feeling surrounding your elected official.

One thing that stood out to me, and I don't mean to be rude here, but from photos I've seen none of then seem to be terribly physically fit, made me wonder about searching on foot.

Am I out of the penalty box now - Thank You

So true. We have had the same concerns. I saw an ADT truck (alarm systems) up by GR's house a few weeks ago. I worry because of the kids being in the middle of everything. The party I referred to GR/ES attending together, they didn't have a very warm welcome. Those kids must have had to deal with GR's anger all the way home, I am sure - jmo, but I can only imagine how he is acting at home - he has been a little short with them when at other functions.

I was having nightmares imagining him being pushed too far - getting backed into a corner. I wonder if OR has similar concerns, wouldn't that make some sense of the silence? IMO

The silence of the LE can be looked at as a possible psychological tactic of conscience.

I liken it to an analogy of a kid that steals a dollar one day at school...

Despite the fact that he may know that stealing is wrong, he steals it and spends it (i.e. getting rid of the evidence).

Let's say that he bought a Matchbox car or a yo-yo with that dollar. That will then be a constant reminder to him that he stole that dollar, and spent it.

The guilt of that could lead him to confess... but let's say he doesn't feel any remorse whatsoever.

To throw suspicion off of him, he may accuse someone else of stealing it, or possibly even say it's the victim's fault that their dollar was stolen in the first place.

Let's say the teacher goes up to the front of the class and says "Someone stole 'So and So's' dollar," then just leaves it at that. No mention that she's going to find out why it was stolen, who stole it, where it was stolen, etc.

Perhaps the teacher remains silent because she doesn't want to come across as accusing, but mentions it in a broad sense saying that there's a potential that it's someone in the classroom.

Perhaps she remains silent, but knows who did it, or has a general idea of who did it, but doesn't have the necessary proof.

Perhaps she remains silent, knowing that eventually either the person that stole it will come forward out of guilt, or they'll do something that will implicate their guilt.

Perhaps she remains silent because she wants the culprit to think of the unspoken potentiality (i.e. her finding out why it was stolen, who stole it, where it was stolen, etc.) that she'll eventually find out, and they'll be in trouble.

It'll lead to paranoia, and perhaps either a break down, or a confession. If not out of remorse for the crime, out of remorse of themselves for discomfort the paranoia brought, or the fact that their reputation is ruined.

Let's say that the little boy had an accomplice, or accomplices that benefited from him having stolen and spent that dollar.

That's the potentiality of one or more people to tell the teacher who the culprit is.

That'll further contribute to the paranoia of the culprit. Not only is he then contending with the possibility of being found out, but the potentiality that his co-conspirators may bring proof against him, or themselves may crack under the pressure, and implicate him.

The silence of the LE can be looked at as a possible psychological tactic of conscience.

I liken it to an analogy of a kid that steals a dollar one day at school...

Despite the fact that he may know that stealing is wrong, he steals it and spends it (i.e. getting rid of the evidence).

Let's say that he bought a Matchbox car or a yo-yo with that dollar. That will then be a constant reminder to him that he stole that dollar, and spent it.

The guilt of that could lead him to confess... but let's say he doesn't feel any remorse whatsoever.

To throw suspicion off of him, he may accuse someone else of stealing it, or possibly even say it's the victim's fault that their dollar was stolen in the first place.

Let's say the teacher goes up to the front of the class and says "Someone stole 'So and So's' dollar," then just leaves it at that. No mention that she's going to find out why it was stolen, who stole it, where it was stolen, etc.

Perhaps the teacher remains silent because she doesn't want to come across as accusing, but mentions it in a broad sense saying that there's a potential that it's someone in the classroom.

Perhaps she remains silent, but knows who did it, or has a general idea of who did it, but doesn't have the necessary proof.

Perhaps she remains silent, knowing that eventually either the person that stole it will come forward out of guilt, or they'll do something that will implicate their guilt.

Perhaps she remains silent because she wants the culprit to think of the unspoken potentiality (i.e. her finding out why it was stolen, who stole it, where it was stolen, etc.) that she'll eventually find out, and they'll be in trouble.

It'll lead to paranoia, and perhaps either a break down, or a confession. If not out of remorse for the crime, out of remorse of themselves for discomfort the paranoia brought, or the fact that their reputation is ruined.

Let's say that the little boy had an accomplice, or accomplices that benefited from him having stolen and spent that dollar.

That's the potentiality of one or more people to tell the teacher who the culprit is.

That'll further contribute to the paranoia of the culprit. Not only is he then contending with the possibility of being found out, but the potentiality that his co-conspirators may bring proof against him, or themselves may crack under the pressure, and implicate him.

That brought back memories for me lol In year 4 I had a friend who was sitting at the desk next to me. She had taken her watch off and put it on her desk, so I decided to play a joke on her and hide it in my desk drawer. Well, I forgot about it, UNTIL, as we were standing behind our desks at the end of the day, the teacher announced that the watch was missing :what: I just about had a heart attack on the spot and then my mind rushed, as to what the hell I was going to do with the watch, as I knew that I was a gonna if it was found in my desk.

I very sneakily (not) got the watch out of my desk and threw it onto the floor and away from me. Of course other kids saw it and dobbed me in and I was caught. I was a very well behaved child, so I was horrified and of course, nobody believed my prank story. The school called my parents and I had to talk to a police officer and I never did anything like that again!

So yep, I totally implicated myself and got caught. Here's hoping that GR turns out to be just as dopey as a 9 year old me :great:

That brought back memories for me lol In year 4 I had a friend who was sitting at the desk next to me. She had taken her watch off and put it on her desk, so I decided to play a joke on her and hide it in my desk drawer. Well, I forgot about it, UNTIL, as we were standing behind our desks at the end of the day, the teacher announced that the watch was missing :what: I just about had a heart attack on the spot and then my mind rushed, as to what the hell I was going to do with the watch, as I knew that I was a gonna if it was found in my desk.

I very sneakily (not) got the watch out of my desk and threw it onto the floor and away from me. Of course other kids saw it and dobbed me in and I was caught. I was a very well behaved child, so I was horrified and of course, nobody believed my prank story. The school called my parents and I had to talk to a police officer and I never did anything like that again!

So yep, I totally implicated myself and got caught. Here's hoping that GR turns out to be just as dopey as a 9 year old me :great:

I can already think of a few examples of GR doing just that! He tried so hard to convince everyone that she ran off that it became almost absurd. "Discovering" the missing clothes and lingerie 5 weeks after Jennifer went missing (and right after his scare about the searching) is almost begging LE to consider him a suspect.

krey, you just reminded me, I told them that I found it on the floor and had kicked it away so that I didn't get into trouble for something I didn't do (even though I did do it)!!!

"Without Public Safety for our Families and Loved Ones, we have Nothing"..

"Imagine, if there was an arsonist or even a bear in our midst, we would be warned, yet news of the obvious presence of a murderer is silenced"..

We know that men that cheat on their wives are highly likely to continue this behavior with future wives and girlfriends.

The same holds true for men who kill their wives:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10728611

"For women caught in these relationships, what initially seems flatteringly loving devoted attention can very quickly become terrifying as their lives become restricted and isolated under a regime of constant monitoring, rules, suspicion and punishment," Ms Drumm said.

"Obsessed offenders" viewed partners and children as possessions to control.

"The most dangerous time for these women is when they attempt to leave or in the months, even years, following, with stalking, threats and serious assaults more likely to occur."

I've been following here for about 2 months but just registered. I used to live and work in Chenango Co. but was relocated by my company about 4 years ago. I'm dumbfounded by all that I've read regarding how this has been/is being handled by both the local authorities and media. I'll admit that when I read the first reports on Jen missing via Facebook (WBNG-Binghamton news and Evening Sun) I dismissed them thinking this lady took off on her own...the emphasis on the online games/new 'friends', 'she's changed' and especially the super confusing 'may have colored her hair' info. being the reason(s). I know from reading here that I wasn't the only one. I'm so saddened by this but also really angry!! Again, I know I'm not alone based on posts here but can anyone speak to the general feel of the community?!? Are people okay with this?!? Do people just not care because it may not impact them directly?!? This is one heck of a story...if you are of the opinion that GR is the guilty one...I can't believe how quiet it all is?!? I'd stop my channel surfing if I heard a reporter say...well the hubby didn't correct the van color (which was incorrect), he didn't clarify the possible dying her hair before she left was not accurate, he had an affair with her BFF, etc. etc.

Some random thoughts i've had as I've been reading here and hope this format is acceptable (versus finding all the old posts and replying to them?!?) It was a few days ago (I think) when someone commented here that perhaps the whole hair coloring story was thrown out there in case someone w/different color hair was driving her van...I agree! Also, in response to previous posts about GR being very bold and spending time with his trysting partner...maybe he knows his days as a free man are numbered so he can't afford to waste any time. The comment GR made about her losing weight in a dangerous or unhealthy way...but saying how proud he was of her in the same sentence...WTH?!? Noticed how it was not acceptable for Jen to have spent $300 on clothes 'all for herself' but he was apparently fine with her spending $400 on a special Christmas gift for GR ($500 minus the cost of her daughter's (assumption here with the math)). I assume the gift was going to be 'all for him'?!?

:welcome6: to ILoveNY!!

Yes, I also initially dismissed Jennifer's disappearance as she ran off. I'm afraid many people did, who simply read a quick blurb in the newspaper or saw something on TV.

It was comments of GR's like you mentioned (losing weight) -- sort of passive aggressive -- along with his "performance" in one of the interviews -- that made me think differently.

And so would have known about any dead spots in cell reception along their 'same running pattern'.

I wonder if they usually took their phones with them on their runs? I guess we can assume GR didnt take his that day as he possibly called ES for a ride from Y? Or was it pre-arranged that she pick him up?

Locals, how do you feel about The Chenango County Sheriffs Dept? Do you feel they do a good job? Do you feel they use their power appropriately? I'm just curious about the general feeling surrounding your elected official.

One thing that stood out to me, and I don't mean to be rude here, but from photos I've seen none of then seem to be terribly physically fit, made me wonder about searching on foot.

I can say that i have seen things and lived things that was not handled well thats why i'm so into this case. I did post awhile ago about my nephew that was shot with a shotgun by his girlfriend and her son, that did not get charged with the murder by them. So with that being said I do worry with this case taking so long, for a arrest!

as a life long local,,, ace hit on the head when she said, one cant throw a rock without hitting family or a friend or freind of a freind in chenango county. that is spot on ace,
unfortunately i only know what i know because of websluths. and my experiences with ccs . made me aware that this would not be handled as needed.
i speak with everyone i come across on a daily basis, they are always surprised to find out details such as , he is a jogger ,the ride home on the 11th, the tryst, Sunday school teacher,blood in the van, and ever detail we know the general public DOES NOT KNOW.
as for myself being asked what the locals i speak with say about ccs, the local saying for a long long time is (they dont give a ****)....they ignore things until they go away......thats my, and my family's, and friends and neighbors experiences.. you can say i have bad luck say im full of ****, but i am just a chenango county resident,as luck would have it.
look on the ccs webpage under unsolved crimes,and stolen/missing property, the list is not at all accurate.LOL. it is very very miss leading as to how well the ccs does there job and the true level of crime in the area
everyone on here has not yet realized that ccs and cc/ld are cut from the same cloth..
my prediction from the start of this has a very bad out come....
one witch i have reached from a algorithm if you will, of my own personal past observation of ccs

I can say that i have seen things and lived things that was not handled well thats why i'm so into this case. I did post awhile ago about my nephew that was shot with a shotgun by his girlfriend and her son, that did not get charged with the murder by them. So with that being said I do worry with this case taking so long, for a arrest!

the sherburne homicide. and i say (homicide) imo
i also think Ron finch was handled wrong aswell... but what to hell huh?
one cant police the police can they

the sherburne homicide. and i say (homicide) imo
i also think Ron finch was handled wrong aswell... but what to hell huh?
one cant police the police can they

I know in his case you can't hold a shotgun above your own head and pull the trigger and blood all threw the house when he was outside? Many questions that my brother never got answered. And CCS never went to hospital to even See him or his condition! Thats why i'm so hoping this case gets solved soon!!! J4J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roberts1979