Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed there is a section here on WS just for printing and downloading flyers. I've posted one for Bob and put the link in my sig, (below) because I post on his thread every day. It makes it easy for people who want to print or share a poster.

I did notice Jennifer's old, missing person flyer is there, but not her new one appealing for info. I don't think the original poster will be updating because it is a former member. Maybe someone else who visits this thread everyday could upload Jennifer's new poster, and have the link in their sig?

The thread is here:
Search & Flyer Distribution Notices - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

That brought back memories for me lol In year 4 I had a friend who was sitting at the desk next to me. She had taken her watch off and put it on her desk, so I decided to play a joke on her and hide it in my desk drawer. Well, I forgot about it, UNTIL, as we were standing behind our desks at the end of the day, the teacher announced that the watch was missing :what: I just about had a heart attack on the spot and then my mind rushed, as to what the hell I was going to do with the watch, as I knew that I was a gonna if it was found in my desk.

I very sneakily (not) got the watch out of my desk and threw it onto the floor and away from me. Of course other kids saw it and dobbed me in and I was caught. I was a very well behaved child, so I was horrified and of course, nobody believed my prank story. The school called my parents and I had to talk to a police officer and I never did anything like that again!

So yep, I totally implicated myself and got caught. Here's hoping that GR turns out to be just as dopey as a 9 year old me :great:

'The truth will come out in Time, huh?'... ;)

Lost time is never found again.
Benjamin Franklin

Not to say that it WILL happen, but if there's a long period of time with LE being so silent in regards to this case... I fear that there is a slight possibility of vigilantism.

The least one can do is keep the public in the loop, and assure that they're doing everything possible.

Come out and warn the public if there is reason to believe that a murderer is walking among them.

Engage the community in some aspect, and at least inform the community on whether they're investigating a homicide.

That's why there's a grapevine or rumor mill in Chenango County, because of that network of relation.

When one steps out of bounds, or does something inhumane or atrocious... the people of Chenango County will go into a heightened state of vigilance, and keep a close eye on things, and especially watch out for their family, as well as their neighbor's family.

That's the type of people that make Chenango County a great place.

That's why I'm proud of where I'm from, and why I remain optimistic through hope and prayer that Jennifer's family will soon see Justice for Jennifer.
RSBM BBM

I'm not seeing or hearing this, Ace.
I see no community outrage.
Besides a few posts on the CCSD website asking for updates (and mostly by people here at WS), I see NO public outrage.
But you can bet on seeing people picketing against fracking up and down Broad St. on Saturdays.
In Jen's case, I see apathy, acceptance and moving on.
Just my take.

:banghead:
RSBM BBM

Besides a few posts on the CCSD website asking for updates (and mostly by people here at WS), I see NO public outrage.
But you can bet on seeing people picketing against fracking up and down Broad St. on Saturdays.
Just my take.

I think many in the community feel that pushing the issue will not get results. It is unfortunate that so many people feel that way to. If it was there own family member they would do all they can, and its sad there is 3 kids without a mother! If it hit the news different like just missing, etc the results would be different. GR and ES set the tone for running off. Like i said before i heard that in a grocery store at the beginning. I sure hope some charges come real soon don't want another cold case. :banghead:

RSBM BBM

Just my take.

Again odd! I am living it and I can't describe it. We are stifled. By who? I can't say because no one is stifling me, I just feel like if I speak out, I will be in the wrong

Ace, I agree we still have a sense of this chivalry. I just mad a call to friends and family, they would be out in the woods (or digging me out of ditches I backed into). They took time out of their hunting to search for Jenn (huge deal to these people) People are angry, but we feel stifled!

23 posts before getting snipped :great: My apologies! I will be more careful! :rocker:

Imo, the Chenango County community's outrage will come out in time.. The lack of awareness, misinformation, and deflective seeds planted in the initial days of Jennifer Ramsaran's disappearance were taken as fact by the ms media, and the community mislead.
Now, with the factual reporting by Joe Mahoney, other ms media outlets will hopefully follow suit..
In the last couple of weeks the Justice For Jennifer Ramsaran FB Page has increased in Likes by 30%.. A salute to Jillian and others who have provided transparency, awareness, and have been persistent in their efforts to insure that the truth concerning JR"s character is known...

http://thedailystar.com/reportersno...ssing-woman-case-was-cracked-by-sawmill-owner
8 COMMENTS

March 30, 2013
Missing woman case was cracked by sawmill owner
By Joe Mahoney
The Daily Star

RSBM BBM

Just my take.

A lot of people are being denied coverage.

I think cjwoods pointed it out a few days ago that most locals there, especially in the Norwich area, tend to rely on the Evening Sun for their news coverage.

The Evening Sun has very sparsely covered this case, due solely to the fact that they're depending on the Sheriff's Department, and the Sheriff's Department has been utterly silent.

All the media focus that has been put on the case has been, in terms of facts and actions, has been in newspapers outside of the county that many locals don't read, like the Daily Star.

Another reason why people may not be reluctant to talk openly about it is because they might feel that if they did, they may feel that they may implicate themselves as a potential suspect.

I alluded to this and a few other things, a few weeks back, in a post I made:

The longer they go without asking questions, the more likely people are to forget what they may have seen.

While it's easier to say "If you may have seen something, please call our tip-line;" sometimes people are hesitant to do so.

Maybe they're not sure if what they saw was something that was important, and don't want to waste LE's time.

Some may have a prior conviction, or have had some run in with the law in the past, and feel that if they get involved in a case, that it can implicate them as a POI.

Some remain silent because they don't want to be called to witness in the event of a trial.

Maybe the Sheriff and/or the local media needs to inundate the local area with constant reminders that Jennifer was somebodies daughter, mother, and sister... something that will weigh on the minds of potential witnesses to get over whatever fear they may have, and report to the tip hotline.

Another factor to consider is the effect that the Sheriff's Department prohibiting searches may have played.

People were reluctant to help search, as upstate pointed out.

I had cousins that were going to help search, who were later angered that they were forced by order of the Sheriff not to do so.

I think when things come to light, more people will be outraged. Especially when they learn that the information they were given in the beginning was wrong (i.e. maroon van, the fact that they were led to believe she had ran away, etc.).

That's why what we're doing here, and what you've been doing on the Facebook page, is setting, or will set that grapevine alight. The more locals that come here and talk about it, the more apt they'll be to spread that info to the community.

When I look at this board and see who is online, I often see members, and then guests, and guests tend to outweigh the members at times.

My hope is, these guests are locals that have been following along.

One way or another, it will get out there. Once it does... there'll be hell to pay.

Jillian, did the Sheriff's Dept. order you all not to search for Jennifer?

As for the Sheriff's Dept. what do you all expect them to tell the news media? or even the locals? I'm not sure I understand, other than it is frustrating when it seems like LE is not doing anything, it certainly doesn't make that the case imo.

As for the Sheriff's Dept. what do you all expect them to tell the news media? or even the locals? I'm not sure I understand, other than it is frustrating when it seems like LE is not doing anything, it certainly doesn't make that the case imo.

http://www.evesun.com/news/stories/2013-01-18/16677/Search-called-off/

Chenango County Sheriff’s Office Lt. Richard Cobb, who is handling the investigation, said while authorities appreciate the interest shown by local residents in helping to find Ramsaran, they will not endorse any search by civilians.

Stated Cobb, “If there is any reason to search an area we would have already searched there or will be searching there.

Chenango County Sheriff’s Office Lt. Richard Cobb, who is handling the investigation, said while authorities appreciate the interest shown by local residents in helping to find Ramsaran, they will not endorse any search by civilians.

Stated Cobb, “If there is any reason to search an area we would have already searched there or will be searching there.

Thank You! I haven't attempted any files on here yet. It was put out on CCS internet site as well as GR sharing it on his site. We were told not to.

I do have to say, we crossed paths with LE and other vested people we didn't recognize their uniforms. We had this happen twice, so LE was doing searches, as well.

I can say that i have seen things and lived things that was not handled well thats why i'm so into this case. I did post awhile ago about my nephew that was shot with a shotgun by his girlfriend and her son, that did not get charged with the murder by them. So with that being said I do worry with this case taking so long, for a arrest!
Nanababes, i'm so sorry about your nephew.

What I would like to see is an article in The Evening Sun (because it is the local paper and they've done VERY LITTLE on this case) where a reporter talks with Jen's sister and parents and tells us what Jen was like - a human interest story that gives us a glimpse into Jen's personality and what family meant to her, especially her children. And that she would never leave her children voluntarily (as we've heard from others including GR). Then a few lines about where the case stands...currently waiting on tox results; the probability of foul play so ANY info out there should be called into the sheriff and will be kept confidential.

ETA: Human Interest Story: In journalism, a human interest story is a feature story that discusses a person or people in an emotional way.[1] It presents people and their problems, concerns, or achievements in a way that brings about interest or sympathy in the reader or viewer.

http://cnynews.com/sheriff-discourages-private-searches-for-missing-jennifer-ramsaran/

Sheriff: Don’t Privately Search for Missing Jennifer Ramsaran
By Daniel J. Cassavaugh January 22, 2013 6:22 AM

The Chenango County Sheriff’s Office is urging people not to privately search for New Berlin’s Jennifer Ramsaran, who has been missing since Dec. 11, 2012.

The Sheriff’s Office said that doing so could destroy crucial evidence in the missing persons case still open.

Thanks Bear, I do remember the articles, but I was going by a post from Jillian responding to Lavanda. Here...

01-29-2013, 12:35 AM
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
user_offline.gif

Verified Insider - Jennifer Ramsaran Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavanda Dolce
Jillian, what do you mean LE did not halt the search? Who halted it then? Just trying to understand.
In answer to your questions. My responses:
1. No. Once my loved one was located I would expect justice if it were not an accident and I would not want that chance to be ruined. (By the way, prior to working in the field I would have said yes. But with knowledge now? no.)
2. Absolutely. However I know many families that do not and could not and they depend on others to do it for them.

It's okay ~

The police didn't stop our search. *I* stopped it. Someone threw a snit fit about the search and encouraged a bunch of people to call LE to have them stop it. As a result, the police department was inundated with phone calls asking if the search was on or off, and whether they could or couldn't search.
In addition, I had recently found out that the husband was going to be there, as well as the media, not so coincidentally, in my opinion. Since I didn't know how Jennifer's mother, father, or sister would feel about being caught off guard with a camera in their face, it was ultimately cancelled (but with rescheduling at the forefront of our minds, where it remains right now).

Thanks for answering the questions, Lavanda.
I'd like to see what everyone else's answers are.
That would be interesting.

Link to post...
Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #2 - Page 27 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Not to bash anyone, but there should have been 'reason to search' Center Road where she was found. Yet it took a local land owner to locate her just off a secondary road less than 4.5 miles from where the phone was found 3 months after she was missing? If they are that short handed why discourage public searching. The van covered in mud really points to a secondary or tertiary road being involved. I mean draw a 10 mile radius around the van and there she is. There are not that many miles of roads and it seemed clear from the evidence that she was close by.

Again odd! I am living it and I can't describe it. We are stifled. By who? I can't say because no one is stifling me, I just feel like if I speak out, I will be in the wrong

Ace, I agree we still have a sense of this chivalry. I just mad a call to friends and family, they would be out in the woods (or digging me out of ditches I backed into). They took time out of their hunting to search for Jenn (huge deal to these people) People are angry, but we feel stifled!
Help me understand this? You are a community with a murderer(s) living among you!

To stifle yourself is a choice that you make. So help me understand WHY you and other locals would choose to be quiet about a murder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roberts1979