Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a great article here by a former FBI man who is now a university teacher, academic and author. It's long but contains a really interesting list of dos and dont's. I really hope Jennifer's case is getting the benefit of an excellent investigation like the one outlined. Because people need to know..

What happened to Jennifer?

http://jimfisher.edinboro.edu/forensics/dos2.html

I like this one (8th bullet down)

"Understand that physical evidence is generally used to prove the case after it has been solved. The process of solving a case and proving it are different tasks."

and this one (first bullet under "Leads")

" As you become familiar with more and more investigations, yours and others, mentally catalogue the ways in which cases are solved (not proven) such as a sharp observation, a critical interview, an anonymous tip, the finding of a particular document, a revealing piece of background information, an offhand remark, or a flash of deductive insight (connecting the dots). "

and these ( under "Leads")

"In homicide cases, consult studies that reveal statistical likelihoods..."

"Remember that a large percentage of criminal homicides involving adult victims, are either motivated by anger, sex, or money. "

"Remember that burglars, rapists, arsonists, and killers usually commit their crimes not far from where they live."

"Remember that because criminals are not good at keeping secrets, if you talk to enough people you will likely break the case."

"Remember that killers dumping bodies do so in nearby water or in remote areas in which they have had some familiarity."

If law enforcement is reading here - I sure hope that they are on top of this. This is so sad.

Clearly, they are not announcing that there is an attacker on the loose. WTF is the hold up?

Glad to see Jennifer's family a bit more vocal although, I do understand their reason to be quiet..

Truly - my heart breaks over this and selfishly, my own reaction to an arrest at this point feels diminished by waiting.

I still have the justice for Jennifer sticker on my car and still laugh to myself that people in Florida are probably wondering, who the hell is Jennifer and what happened.

I wish they all knew..

Come on LE - don't you have enough already?

I think it's a great idea to have a sticker on your car, wherever you are. You just never know who or where the people are who may have some information that could help - and the more people that know about Jennifer's case, the better!

If law enforcement is reading here - I sure hope that they are on top of this. This is so sad.

Clearly, they are not announcing that there is an attacker on the loose. WTF is the hold up?

Glad to see Jennifer's family a bit more vocal although, I do understand their reason to be quiet..

Truly - my heart breaks over this and selfishly, my own reaction to an arrest at this point feels diminished by waiting.

I still have the justice for Jennifer sticker on my car and still laugh to myself that people in Florida are probably wondering, who the hell is Jennifer and what happened.

I wish they all knew..

I think the hold up is not the solving but the proving -- goes back to what the FBI man said (from Zweibel's link) -- about solving a case generally precedes proving a case. I'm gathering from the DA's statement ("we're working as fast as we can") that the case has been solved -- it's just a matter of getting all the little forensic pieces of the puzzle together, that, along with motive and circumstantial evidence and gaps in alibi, are enough for an arrest that will stick.

I think the hold up is not the solving but the proving -- goes back to what the FBI man said (from Zweibel's link) -- about solving a case generally precedes proving a case. I'm gathering from the DA's statement ("we're working as fast as we can") that the case has been solved -- it's just a matter of getting all the little forensic pieces of the puzzle together, that, along with motive and circumstantial evidence and gaps in alibi, are enough for an arrest that will stick.

I certainly hope that you're right :(

'Wouldn't you think that the Chenango County, NY Prosecutor would get the spelling of Jennifer Ramsaran's name correct when commenting on her case'?...

Legal/Law
Chenango County District Attorney's Office
5 Court Street, Suite 206
Norwich, New York 13815

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chenango-County-District-Attorneys-Office/482719641784152

Chenango County District Attorney's Office
April 22
Thank you for your comments on the Jennifer Ramsaren case. The matter is foremost on our mind and we are working as fast as we can.

I wish they all knew..

RE: I still have the justice for Jennifer sticker on my car and still laugh to myself that people in Florida are probably wondering, who the hell is Jennifer and what happened.

I wish they all knew..

LivingJuicy, after reading your comment. It got me thinking; why is it important to display a justice for Jennifer bumper sticker on a person's car from another state or country? The answer is Awareness..
Most folks are naturally curious and have 24/7 access to the internet via smart phones, etc.
When 'justice for Jennifer' is searched, this is what they will see;

Justice for Jennifer Ramsaran
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-for-Jennifer-Ramsaran/485680108145366

About
OFFICIAL SITE for Justice for Jennifer Ramsaran. She was a 36-year-old mom, wife, daughter & sister from South New Berlin, NY. She was last seen on 12/11/12 and was found deceased on 02/26/13.
Description
1/21/13 10:35

Jennifer L. Ramsaran, age 36, mother of 3 children, of South New Berlin, NY, was last seen by her husband on Tuesday 12/11/12. Jennifer was wearing a purple/blue shirt and blue jeans. She told her husband she was going to Destiny USA in Syracuse, NY to shop. Jennifer was driving her Maroon 2006 Chrysler Town & Country Mini Van. She was reported missing approximately 8pm the night of 12/11/12 by her husband. Jennifer has blue eyes, brown hair, 5' 5" & approximately 170lbs.
Read More-

Speaking of awareness..

There is a new missing girl in Michigan - Jessica Heeringa. I know you are all awesome sleuthers so maybe you can take a few minutes and try to help her! :) I did start a Help Find FB page if you want to add.. :)

LivingJuicy, after reading your comment. It got me thinking; why is it important to display a justice for Jennifer bumper sticker on a person's car from another state or country? The answer is Awareness..
Most folks are naturally curious and have 24/7 access to the internet via smart phones, etc.

About
OFFICIAL SITE for Justice for Jennifer Ramsaran. She was a 36-year-old mom, wife, daughter & sister from South New Berlin, NY. She was last seen on 12/11/12 and was found deceased on 02/26/13.
Description

Jennifer L. Ramsaran, age 36, mother of 3 children, of South New Berlin, NY, was last seen by her husband on Tuesday 12/11/12. Jennifer was wearing a purple/blue shirt and blue jeans. She told her husband she was going to Destiny USA in Syracuse, NY to shop. Jennifer was driving her Maroon 2006 Chrysler Town & Country Mini Van. She was reported missing approximately 8pm the night of 12/11/12 by her husband. Jennifer has blue eyes, brown hair, 5' 5" & approximately 170lbs.
Read More-

. . . In actuality, we live in a small world and you just never know ...

This is so textbook it has me :scared:

I don't feel safe, feeling safe. Maybe if the question changes, we might not be :deadhorse: and get an answer? Maybe the golden question to be asked instead of putting everyone on the defensive is, "Are we safe?" They will have to answer "yes" or "no" right?

One more week is about to start and although all these excellent articles have put my mind at ease a little ... It is the last week I will remain silent. How are we safe?

This is so textbook it has me :scared:

I don't feel safe, feeling safe. Maybe if the question changes, we might not be :deadhorse: and get an answer? Maybe the golden question to be asked instead of putting everyone on the defensive is, "Are we safe?" They will have to answer "yes" or "no" right?

One more week is about to start and although all these excellent articles have put my mind at ease a little ... It is the last week I will remain silent. How are we safe?

"Without Public Safety for our Families, we have nothing"..

According to the latest statistics issued by the FBI, in 2011 New Berlin had 1 violent crime, 1 aggravated assault, 22 property crimes, 10 burglaries, 11 larceny/thefts and one motor vehicle theft.

No murders, rapes or robberies.

The reports aren't issued until October the next year it seems, so 2012 figures won't be released until October this year.

It does specify New Berlin Town. It would need somebody good at math to compare the New Berlin Town population of 1,661 and its crime figures, with other crime figures for similar-sized towns. To see if it is a high or low rate.

However many crimes there are though, you'd never know from looking at the Sheriff's website!

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc..._to_law_enforcement_new_york_by_city_2011.xls

I may be wrong, but last I knew, the highest crime rate was of a domestic kind (family members hashing things out) In this type of dispute, 10 LE come flying to the scene. I don't have statistics, but I have a feeling there is a high rate of abusive families due to the response (this might even be national?) Have we had a lot of domestic casualties in this area? Or does this stem from outdated protocols? Don't get me wrong, these are serious, just wondering about our area and why LE didn't see a missing mother of three as a reason to be on full alert.

About
Description

Read More-

Those first two links appear in that order if you just google Jennifer's name, too. I can't recall the exact figures, but the percentage of people who actually read to the bottom of the first page of a search page is very small - the number who actually go to a second page is tiny.

Keeping awareness high is very important, imo.

I'm checking in today to say the new week started so lets all hope we have a arrest this week!!! All the awareness for Jennifer is starting to take a faster pace for answers! We are all united by this lovely mother, daughter, woman and want nothing less than Justice for her!!! Fingers are crossed. The locals are tired of no answers so i think this week there will be alot of noise.

Thinking of Jennifer. Frustrated at no arrest yet. Sad how long it is taken. All the time and memories Jennifer lost with her children.... yet the most obvious person to have done something to hurt her has had all this time with them. It's not fair and would be truly unjust if this case goes cold. Right now it feels like its frozen. It's actually irritating to some extent seeing how much attention other missing people get but yet Jennifer's missing got swept under the rug. <modsnip>

I think it would be really nice if there was some sort of vigil in Norwich. Now that the community knows who she is and has some theories as to what has happened, I think there would be a good turn out.

I think it would be really nice if there was some sort of vigil in Norwich. Now that the community knows who she is and has some theories as to what has happened, I think there would be a good turn out.

:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat: love the idea!

<modsnip>

<modsnip>
Living, not only should this happen, but Brian Golden should cover it and make Jennifer the front page news, as she should have been all along. I want to do this!

The fear of this going cold hangs over all of us, we can do so much more as a group than hen pecking our feelings of dismay. We are all going to meet at the trial anyway. Let's break the silence in a way that will make a difference and not allow people to silence us anymore --- If this were me dumped in a ditch, I'd want something positive to remind everyone and my children (most of all) how much I meant!

JMO
:cry:

:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat: love the idea!

:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

Sorry :blushing: I'm so slow :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members