Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that, nanasbabes. I imagine provoking a journalist into writing a story isn't such a serious crime, even in Chenango County. I hope that anyone who gets mad, forgives just as quick. It's all for Jennifer, after all.

Update on Friday! Yes! Thank you, Evening Sun. Let's quote it and link it as much as possible when it appears, to encourage more.

What happened to Jennifer?

Just as I suspected, a rude response as usual. That type of response from the evening Sun is unacceptable! This attitude is why Jennifer has been on the back burners this entire time! What a load of carp!

Why wait until Friday? Surely if he has something to say he could say it now. :stormingmad:

Just as I suspected, a rude response as usual. That type of response from the evening Sun is unacceptable! This attitude is why Jennifer has been on the back burners this entire time! What a load of carp!

Rude, but defensive. I'm pondering what might put an editor on the defensive.

This story has absolutely no connection with Jennifer's case, except they too are awaiting COD, but I think it's an excellent example of a 'no news is newsworthy' story. It is even in the headline; 'No new developments..'

It breaks all the rules, but from that unpromising start, the journalist writes a lengthy, credible and entirely legitimate article, as far as I can see. Even though a COD is still awaited, and the husband could not be reached for comment.

http://www.courier-journal.com/arti...new-developments-Clutter-death-investigations

Well we all got a reply from Ed in the evening sun. He stated on 30 seconds there will be a Update in Fridays paper! I don't think they like being called out. The locals are making the noise they need to even if it makes others mad! Way to go locals.

Well, that's good to hear -- the more awareness, the better!! :great: There's comments going in to 30 seconds about Jennifer that aren't getting put on the site -- only 1 of the 3 that I sent in got accepted (the one about the vigil:candle: was accepted) -- the other 2 (something about Daily Mail getting the scoop on the story and why didn't the Sheriff's request for tips NOT make the print edition) didn't make it.

But whether they make it to 30 seconds or not...the end result was accomplished (or at least I hope it's been -- will have to see what Brian comes up with for tomorrow). :findinglink:

I just noticed that someone linked the vehicle and map/timeline pic on the J4J fb to the Evening Sun's fb page. That seems like a good idea.

When locals talk about 'the hill', what area do they mean?

When locals talk about 'the hill', what area do they mean?

Can you use "the hill" in a sentence? I would guess across from the high school unless it is referring to a certain location. CC is in a valley, so there are a lot of hills. If you say what it was in reference to, we would be able to figure out which hill.

Umm, it was a local discussion on the ES fb page about a find of interesting plant material, and a local remarked that 'everyone on the hill already knew' who the article was deliberately not referring to.

No news about Jennifer yet. It's probably far too early. There was a big barn fire off Highway 23 Wednesday - I hope everyone's okay. It wasn't near any places of interest for us, was it?

I just don't see why LE have to wait for a COD to announce what kind of investigation they're conducting, in the vast majority of cases. 'Police are investigating this a possible homicide', for example. Or, 'Police are/are not investigating the circumstances of the death as suspicious'.

This can do a lot to reassure people that the right things are been done, without compromising an investigation or showing their hand too much. Or at least let people know where they stand. I can understand LE saying nothing if the circumstances of someone's death are really unclear, but LE are secretly certain that person may have been a homicide victim and have a good idea who the perp might be. Then the silent treatment is understandable, if they don't want to alert any POI that they are on to them.

But in Jennifer's case? Can there be anybody out there who knows the circumstances in which she was found, who doesn't think it's suspicious? At the very least.

It must make Jennifer's loved ones and members of her community feel very uneasy and unsupported. It's such a shame, because it looks such a lovely place to live. I blame the person who did this to Jennifer for any and all damage, hurt, fear and anger that has been caused.

I wouldn't get to excited because you won't even get a bone.

I must be missing something...didn't even see a bone...chip...fragment....it there a mention in the offline edition? :facepalm:

I must be missing something...didn't even see a bone...chip...fragment....it there a mention in the offline edition? :facepalm:

I can't find anything either BearAngel.

Well .. I guess he didn't say which Friday :shakehead:

Ahh!! Here tis...
http://www.evesun.com/news/stories/...ons-few-answers-forthcoming-in-Ramsaran-case/

"NEW BERLIN *– More than four months have passed since Ganesh Remy Ramsaran first reported his wife, Jennifer L. Ramsaran, missing, the mother of three allegedly last seen leaving the couple’s 473 Sheff Road home to shop at Destiny USA in Syracuse on Dec. 11. The subsequent discovery of Ramsaran’s body, located Feb. 26 down an embankment adjacent to Center Road in the Town of Pharsalia, has only led to more speculation in what many are calling the area’s most recent homicide. In fact, a number of people have repeatedly asked the same question in recent weeks, be it on the street or online via social media: Is there a murderer on the lose in Chenango County?"

We shall have to add this to our media links -- perhaps moderator can kindly assist?

I do find it annoying that he mispelled "loose," but not a bad article.

Ahh!! Here tis...
http://www.evesun.com/news/stories/...ons-few-answers-forthcoming-in-Ramsaran-case/

"NEW BERLIN *– More than four months have passed since Ganesh Remy Ramsaran first reported his wife, Jennifer L. Ramsaran, missing, the mother of three allegedly last seen leaving the couple’s 473 Sheff Road home to shop at Destiny USA in Syracuse on Dec. 11. The subsequent discovery of Ramsaran’s body, located Feb. 26 down an embankment adjacent to Center Road in the Town of Pharsalia, has only led to more speculation in what many are calling the area’s most recent homicide. In fact, a number of people have repeatedly asked the same question in recent weeks, be it on the street or online via social media: Is there a murderer on the lose in Chenango County?"

The online version only provides a portion of the article. Does anyone local want to share the rest of the article from the print copy?

FYI, there is a connection (six degrees of separation ?) between the fire and the case here but due to "rules" cannot sleuth people not named as suspects or persons of interest. I am not saying that there was a criminal connection at all, just the small town , who knows who connection.

:twocents:

The online version only provides a portion of the article. Does anyone local want to share the rest of the article from the print copy?

FYI, there is a connection (six degrees of separation ?) between the fire and the case here but due to "rules" cannot sleuth people not named as suspects or persons of interest. I am not saying that there was a criminal connection at all, just the small town , who knows who connection.

Well...that is not even a kibble...never mind a bone...hoping someone has the offline version...am always grateful when her name hits the news, and you can bet that everyone knows....up there in them there hills:rockon:

Well...that is not even a kibble...never mind a bone...hoping someone has the offline version...am always grateful when her name hits the news, and you can bet that everyone knows....up there in them there hills:rockon:

I suppose CJ will be around soon enough to inform us as to whether it even made it into the print edition. But that means we have to wait for him to go to the grocery store or somewhere where it's available for sale.:findinglink:

I've got to say, US publications are the hardest publications to give money to in the world. I've spent more hair-pulling days trying to pay for online access than I care to think about.

When zip codes and US states are required fields to register and pay, it just doesn't work if you don't live in the country! Drives me crazy, it really does.

It will infringe copyright for anyone to post the entire remainder of the story for us, but if someone can summarise in their own words, that should be okay.......pleease.

I like and appreciate what I've been able to read of Mr Golden's article so far. Better late than never and he's being a voice for the community now in mentioning the questions some are asking. That's the job of a local newspaper, imo.

Thanks. The reason I am interested in any fires before and after Jennifer was discovered was because I was thinking about the possibility of someone burning her clothes, or other evidence. I'm not suggesting at all that anyone who had a fire on their property was in any way involved in her death - just that someone who was involved may have made use of an isolated barn or outbuilding.

I don't have any details on this recent fire though, and the only other one I could find was in Sunbury on Feb 20th, where someone lost six piglets :( That sounds very much like it was a faulty furnace though.

Reports of small brush fires might be more useful, but I haven't found any. Maybe I'll search for the fire dept log, see if there's anything.

http://dailyitem.com/0100_news/x503...e-in-barn-fire-near-New-Berlin?mobRedir=false

Fire Dept website has lots of info, but the brush fires have occurred in April and this month. I don't think they're likely to be connected?

I can't call up the logs for 2012, but that might just be me and my horrible tablet. Anyone else want to have a go?

http://www.chenangofire.org/autocalls.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member