Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Locals, is it already so dry in Chenango County that it's causing brush fires? I'm confused.

Fire Dept website has lots of info, but the brush fires have occurred in April and this month. I don't think they're likely to be connected?

I can't call up the logs for 2012, but that might just be me and my horrible tablet. Anyone else want to have a go?

http://www.chenangofire.org/autocalls.php
the link you provided was not the area Jennifer lived in. Chenango forks or other villages are south of and not in Chenango County.

Locals, is it already so dry in Chenango County that it's causing brush fires? I'm confused.

Its not that its dry, but things have not yet "greened up" around here. The risk of brush fires are always highest in the early spring.

I will have a paper when I get back on tonight, I hope you don't have to wait until then. Thinking that it won't have much more info. Sorry about not being on much it is a very busy time for us, but Jennifer is always a high priority. The first thing we do in the morning is check for updates and the same follows throughout our day as well as the last thing we do before bed. Jennifer is now a part of all of us and we will see this through until the end.

Just in case no one has checked back in with a full story, how should I post about it here? I refuse to lose faith yet, we are being heard loud and clear! This has to account for something?

I'll do all of the above and thanks guys, but what is the fire department called for Jennifer's area? Does anyone have a link? Or are there lots?

Brush fires in Spring. That really surprises me but....it's made me think. We've got strict rules here in Germany about fires in Spring, so maybe there's the same problem but I just never knew.

http://www.evesun.com/news/stories/...ons-few-answers-forthcoming-in-Ramsaran-case/

Many questions, few answers forthcoming in Ramsaran case

By: Brian Golden, Managing Editor
Published: May 3rd, 2013

NEW BERLIN *– More than four months have passed since Ganesh Remy Ramsaran first reported his wife, Jennifer L. Ramsaran, missing, .......................................................................................etc

The rest of the Article:

“Due to tests that the medical examiner has ordered, we’re still awaiting the results of the autopsy,” stated Lt. Rich Cobb of the Chenango County Sheriff’s Office, “this is still an ongoing investigation.

Cobb added that it’s not unusual for an investigation of this kind to take longer than people may realize. Some have wondered at the district attorney’s early involvement with the case, although Cobb said that is nothing new.

“In a general sense, in a major case such as a missing person or possible homicide, the DA’s office is typically involved early on, it’s not unusual at all,” he added.

Chenango County District Attorney Joseph McBride released the following statement:

“Jennifer Ramsaran’s death is obviously a major concern, for my office and the community. We’re working in conjunction with the Sheriff’s Office and other involved agencies and we’re moving forward with the case. We cannot proceed without certain information and, when we receive that information, we’ll proceed as appropriate. Obviously our hearts go out to Jennifer’s family and she is in our thoughts and prayers while this investigation continues.

The weeks that passed between Dec. 11, when Ramsaran was last seen, and Feb. 26, when her body was discovered, only add to the mystery. On Dec. 12, one day after she went missing, Remy Ramsaran located his wife’s iPhone, utilizing the Find My iPhone application. Days later, Jennifer Ramsaran’s father, Thomas Renz, discovered her 2006 Chrysler Town and Country minivan at the Plank Road Manor, Plymouth Street, Norwich.

According to authorities, Ramsaran’s minivan, cell phone and body were all located within approximately twelve miles of one another along the state Highway 23 corridor.

The Sheriff’s Office – along with the Onondaga County Medical Examiner’s Office – is continuing to investigate the cause of her death. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Sheriff’s Office at 337-1924 or 337-1864. All calls will be kept confidential.

"We cannot proceed without certain information"

????????

A big THANK YOU sleepinoz ... great to read the whole article!

And THANK YOU to the locals who have pushed and pushed for community awareness .. it's working! :)

We shall have to add this to our media links -- perhaps moderator can kindly assist?

I do find it annoying that he mispelled "loose," but not a bad article.

"Is there a murderer on the lose in Chenango County?"

I kinda like the misspelling Abigail ... consider it a Freudian slip ... this murderer on the lose is much better than this murderer on the win!

:)

"Is there a murderer on the lose in Chenango County?"

I kinda like the misspelling Abigail ... consider it a Freudian slip ... this murderer on the lose is much better than this murderer on the win!

:)

Ha ha!! Good point~:trainwreck:

Sleepinoz, thanks for providing the remaining text. :gthanks:

This article is noteworthy in that it's the first media article containing words like "homicide," "murderer," and "possible murder."

I also liked the inclusion of words like "mystery" -- those kinds of words get people interested and thinking and talking and recalling things, and that's what we want.

And, now we wait on Upstate or CJ to inform us as to whether it made the print edition! A photo of the van showing correct color would be nice.

I think LE is still waiting and hoping for a cause and manner of death.

I'll do all of the above and thanks guys, but what is the fire department called for Jennifer's area? Does anyone have a link? Or are there lots?

Brush fires in Spring. That really surprises me but....it's made me think. We've got strict rules here in Germany about fires in Spring, so maybe there's the same problem but I just never knew.

Jennifer's physical address is actually in Norwich, NY. It was the sheriffs dept, state police and fire police from Norwich that worked the crime scene the day Jennifer's body was found. Norwich fire dept might have a page, but I do believe it is pretty much the same person running all of those pages. Chenango Co emergency management page and Norwich, NY fire dept. With all of our little towns, we have a large amount of volunteer firefighters and ems, entire fire depts. and towns ran by volunteers - I see how confusing this can be due to our little communities blending together (schoolwise and sometimes our emergency services as volunteers can't always do anything more than transport a patient to the hospital) I hope this helps

The fire was at a barn located at the intersection of State Rt 23 and County Rt 15A in South New Berlin. Someone might want to check the S. New Berlin fire dept records. I believe they were assisted by the Guilford Fire Dept and Norwich. Guilford is another small hamlet town a few miles away from where the fire was. I heard this fire called out on the scanner so thats how i know. The actual address of the fire was 6275 State Route 23, South New Berlin, NY. Hope this helps!

I think LE is still waiting and hoping for a cause and manner of death.

Cluciano - I don't think they are waiting and hoping - I think that they have alot of evidence and are waiting for the last test - to put the last nail in the coffin (so to speak). Sorry for the bad expression.

I did notice someone pointed out the loose mistake and the ed responded. Took it very well too, because it is awful when you miss a mistake like that. I had a period a while ago where I started writing were for where, or vice versa. Very annoying.

At least online a person can make changes though. Hope it didn't make it to the print edition!

http://www.evesun.com/30seconds/reaction/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member