Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if we have this 'neighbours are not surprised' article.

http://centralny.ynn.com/content/to...rs-not-surprised-by-ramsaran-arrest/?ap=1&MP4

Thanks Zweibel. I did see that article, but didn't include it in the summary of new info from Friday media because it didn't provide any info related to the case that the other papers didn't. (I think we all already knew that anybody in Chenango County who was following the case had already formed an opinion as to how Jennifer died and who did it).

On further thought, however, I think it's a noteworthy article. Because when you take into context the reaction of the immediate neighbors, plus all the comments made on all the news articles (from locals), plus all the comments on both of the FB pages (from locals) -- it just seems like at least 90% of people who knew GR believed he did it!

How on Earth has he managed to carry on with his day to day life in a town full of people who 'knew' he had murdered his wife.? He is either one really tough cookie, or has been panicking and looking over his shoulder constantly.

:scared::scared:

I wonder what he will say or do if his dinner is not ready on time now? :twocents:

Will take a slice of crow pie.....I was wrong that the CSD were dropping the ball. They took there time, found the truth, and hopefully it will be rewarded with Justice for Jennifer. Great job CSD!! Now to the DA - go get him!

:jail::jail:

Have fun Remy. I'm sure your new roommates will appreciate your physique as much as you do.

I read of the arrest last late night and,to be honest, I felt a tad ashamed at how joyful I was.
I truly feel for those poor children who have lost their beautiful mother and now will lose their father also.
But I am so pleased that Jennifer will have some justice. And that the truth will come out.

:moo::moo:

IMO, I don't think the children losing their father is necessarily a bad thing. I think they have been mistreated in the past few months -- they have not been permitted to go over to their grandparents, they have had to hear their father bad-mouthing their dead mother, they have had his mistress flaunted in front of them, and they no doubt have been bearing the brunt of his narcissistic rages.

And a relatively young and healthy Buster the dog, much beloved by the children, has apparently perished -- what happened there?

I suspect that the teenage daughter has been putting two and two together, and has probably figured out on her own what happened to her mother, and I can't imagine the feelings of terror and rage that must have been engendering in her.

Plus, as we all know, GR is precisely the type to pull a Josh Powell -- the lives of those children have been in peril. The farther they can get away from their mother's killer, the better. I'm sure Jennifer is breathing a sigh of relief from heaven that they are finally with her parents and sister.

Abigail, I agree entirely with your post.

The oldest child must have been able to put 2 and 2 together. She lived in the house. She knows what went on behind closed doors. Even if Jen and GR thought the children did not know about any marital difficulties, they did for sure.

I do feel for these 3 young people who have to live their whole lives with this knowledge.

:moo::moo:

How on Earth has he managed to carry on with his day to day life in a town full of people who 'knew' he had murdered his wife.? He is either one really tough cookie, or has been panicking and looking over his shoulder constantly.

:scared::scared:

I wonder what he will say or do if his dinner is not ready on time now? :twocents:

No...I don't believe he's a tough cookie in the least. The neighbors did say that they tended to keep to themselves, before the murder, and probably that hasn't changed.

He was probably mostly holing up at home (where he works) in various states of :panic:, with the school run in the morning being the main excursion into public. Wonder if he still kept going to the Y? Probably kept up with the running and working out (he has a gym at home). Of course, never knowing when that knock was going to come on his door, he had to consistently wear lycra outfits best designed to show off his physique.:floorlaugh:
picture.php

:jail::jail:

Have fun Remy. I'm sure your new roommates will appreciate your physique as much as you do.
:floorlaugh:

I read of the arrest last late night and,to be honest, I felt a tad ashamed at how joyful I was.
I truly feel for those poor children who have lost their beautiful mother and now will lose their father also.

i've been thinking about this too. about the kids losing their father.
but i was reminded by someone that "less is more" in this case.
they could have been next.
and now i don't feel bad at all about that - except for knowing that the kids may be hurting and conflicted.
who knows? maybe they're relieved and feel safe now. if he's even a bit of a tyrant toward the kids as he was to their mom, maybe they were already afraid of him. who knows what the oldest girl (and the others too) saw and heard? maybe she put the puzzle pieces together in her head when she began to process her mom's death. maybe she's now put it altogether.
maybe there's a feeling of peace. i know that sounds crazy. just thinking out loud.
god give them strength for what's coming.

I thought we were assured by a local a while back that the kids were able to be with their grandparents, etc. and now it seems this was not true...:(

I thought we were assured by a local a while back that the kids were able to be with their grandparents, etc. and now it seems this was not true...:(

they were able to have contact with jen's family at one time.
it didn't last.
until now.

Any way you slice it they are better off not being raised by him.

Safety
Preservation of their mothers memory
Exposure to his future girlfriends (or current g.f.)
They won't have to feed his narcissism (or literally feed him)
Freedom from his controlling nature
They won't have to wonder if they'll be next...

Don't get me wrong, my heart breaks for them and everything they are being forced to endure but I hope, in time, they will begin to heal. The sooner they are away from him the better. Who knows what he's already put in their heads?

I believe they knew more and saw more about their parents relationship than we'll ever know.

He must have been sweating. Looks like they debunked his 'working at home' alibi from his computer right off , so he was suspect number 1 right from the start, probably well before Jen was even found. So he had indeed murdered and disposed of his wife and mother of his children when he went to the Y and saw his police 'aquaintance', then got a ride home from his 'running partner'. A true psychopath.

It seems to be a NY state thing, with first degree used mostly for killing of officers.

Yes, people are trying to get the laws in NY changed.
Right now the premeditated murder of a child does not even fall under 1st degree murder.

Also, you can be found “not responsible by reason of mental disease.”
Which can result in a sentence of a "minimum of one year in a mental hospital."
Which means you can do a year in a mental hospital... be cured and be released right back into society.

This happened in Lauren's case (there is a thread about Lauren here.)
Her killer also claimed that one of his mental issues... was PTSD...
From HIS brutal murder of 6 year old Lauren, HE has PTSD from killing HER. :waitasec:
(If Remy ever admitted it, I could totally see him pulling that...)

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2012/02/mother_of_murder_victim_lauren.html

There are issues in the laws everywhere... but this is one people are working on. :seeya:

I hope that if he is convicted, as the children grow up, they all see his guilt the same way, i.e not split amongst the siblings with some feeling he was wrongfully convicted. There have been a few terrible cases like that, where the siblings ended up never speaking again. Some children will never believe their father killed their mother.

Any way you slice it they are better off not being raised by him.

Safety
Preservation of their mothers memory
Exposure to his future girlfriends (or current g.f.)
They won't have to feed his narcissism (or literally feed him)
Freedom from his controlling nature
They won't have to wonder if they'll be next...

Don't get me wrong, my heart breaks for them and everything they are being forced to endure but I hope, in time, they will begin to heal. The sooner they are away from him the better. Who knows what he's already put in their heads?

I believe they knew more and saw more about their parents relationship than we'll ever know.

Sharoneonta, you hit the nail on the head about feeding HIM -- I'd completely forgotten about that aspect of things. But now I recall Mr. Wilcox mentioning that GR would get irritated when Jennifer was working, and the kids got home and wanted a snack or something -- and she wasn't there to tend to them. He couldn't even get off the couch to get them some milk and cookies. I think we heard from at least one insider that when Jennifer was alive, she did all the housework, all the cooking, most of the child care -- even when she was working herself. GR, who was working at home, wouldn't even take out the trash.

So...who's been taking care of the kids the past 5 months? Have they been left to fend for themselves? Have they been getting healthy meals? Has someone been making sure they're brushing their teeth and have clean clothes? Has someone been helping them with their homework? Who's been taking care of them when they're sick? I just can't imagine someone as egocentric as GR being able to actually care for someone else on a daily basis.

This link got posted before, but I just think Dave Greber's lead-in comment in this "Mourner to Accused Murderer" video is priceless:
"The man whose tearful pleas with the community to help find his wife then find her killer have turned into a not-guilty plea to 2nd degree murder. Tonight, Ganesh Remy Ramsaran is locked up!"

I'm just loving this video!!

http://www.wbng.com/news/local/Remy-Ramsaran-Mourner-to-Murderer-207965801.html

Sharoneonta, you hit the nail on the head about feeding HIM -- I'd completely forgotten about that aspect of things. But now I recall Mr. Wilcox mentioning that GR would get irritated when Jennifer was working, and the kids got home and wanted a snack or something -- and she wasn't there to tend to them. He couldn't even get off the couch to get them some milk and cookies. I think we heard from at least one insider that when Jennifer was alive, she did all the housework, all the cooking, most of the child care -- even when she was working herself. GR, who was working at home, wouldn't even take out the trash.

So...who's been taking care of the kids the past 5 months? Have they been left to fend for themselves? Have they been getting healthy meals? Has someone been making sure they're brushing their teeth and have clean clothes? Has someone been helping them with their homework? Who's been taking care of them when they're sick? I just can't imagine someone as egocentric as GR being able to actually care for someone else on a daily basis.

Do you think he had his girlfriend come over and take over that roll?

Do you think he had his girlfriend come over and take over that roll?

Well, the Daily Star said he was "constantly" inviting her over, when the children were there...

:stormingmad:

Well, the Daily Star said he was "constantly" inviting her over, when the children were there...

:stormingmad:

I can't imagine that he changed overnight. I believe he thinks"the children" are women's work..as is cleaning the house etc. Maybe that is why she was there all the time, to cook and clean etc?

Will take a slice of crow pie.....I was wrong that the CSD were dropping the ball. They took there time, found the truth, and hopefully it will be rewarded with Justice for Jennifer. Great job CSD!! Now to the DA - go get him!

CSD still discouraged public searches that might have found Jennifer sooner and issued a statement suggesting she had changed her hair color and ran off. And Jennifer's car and body (not to mention her phone) were found by others, not CSD.

While the arrest and charge are important, they're only the first step in a long, difficult process. We should avoid the temptation to spike the ball on the 50-yard line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV