Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What time does the grand jury hear his statements? Will we know anything? Does he go back into custody?

Believe the Grand Jury began at 1:00 PM.

We don't know whether or not GR will give a statement to the Grand Jury.

No, not unless he does not abide by any stipulations and restrictions that may have been placed upon him under his bail agreement. (He's free on bail.)

Unless they bring additional charges against him?

Kidnapping? Unlawful disposal of a body? Interference with an investigation? Just throwing these out there - wondering if additional charges could get him back locked up? Anyone know? Curious.

:jail:

Kidnapping? Unlawful disposal of a body? Interference with an investigation? Just throwing these out there - wondering if additional charges could get him back locked up? Anyone know? Curious.

I mean this guy cant even be honest with his employer, wife, reporters. He is a liar, hopefully his lies are seen for what they were, interference.

I thought the state had asked for no bail originally? If so, I doubt they wanted him out for any reason.

What time does the grand jury hear his statements? Will we know anything? Does he go back into custody?

I was wondering the same thing.

Drove through the courthouse area in Norwich this am around 11:45. There seemed to be the typical amount of traffic and cars parked in the area, but didn't see any people out and about near the courthouse or any news vehicles, etc. I did see 3 sheriff's cars parked on Court Street in front of the old sheriff's station (which is right across a small side-street from the courthouse).

Not an attorney, but I would say No to Kidnapping charges: Likely deceased when her body was removed from the home.

Unlawful Disposal of Body and Interference w/Investigation: he's been charged with Second Degree Murder---quite high enough charge. Common for many defendants to lead LE on wild goose chases, as well as to remove body from home, rather than leave her body there. No to both of these, IMO.

I am guessing that no additional charges will be brought against GR as a result of the Grand Jury.

Overcharging has its drawbacks. Personally, very very satisfied with Second Degree Murder charge.

Will the public be notified if they decide to proceed to trial? Does the grand jury have the authority to return him to custody?

I hope IBM docks him the days pay

Is adultery illegal in NY? How about littering by dumping the phone, and of course assault and battery of the 'rock'. Abandoning a vehicle, tresspassing? False reporting of a missing person?

Will the public be notified if they decide to proceed to trial? Does the grand jury have the authority to return him to custody?

After reading few of the links OPs provided, below is my understanding only:

The public will learn whether the Grand Jury voted to indict GR on the felony charge or voted to dismiss the charge against him.

No, the Grand Jury does not have power to return GR into police custody>He has posted his bail (terms and amount decided upon by the judge), and is out now. They are a body of citizens.

The grand jurors are not like trial jurors. They are not formed to decide whether GR is innocent or guilty of the charge before them.

Their job is to decide whether or not there is reasonable cause to believe that this felony charge before them has been committed by GR, and to either indict or dismiss charges against him. If they cannot reach a decision, I believe another GJ would be formed.

If indicted, case proceeds to trial.

I hope IBM docks him the days pay

Is adultery illegal in NY? How about littering by dumping the phone, and of course assault and battery of the 'rock'. Abandoning a vehicle, tresspassing? False reporting of a missing person?

Recall that the DA stated that GR's alibi of being in his home working was a lie.

Likely employer looked into whether or not GR was indeed working at home from his computer during whatever hours he is expected to be working at home for IBM.

Dock him? He'd be lucky if he didn't have to look for freelance work soon!

Many firms won't tolerate such nonsense when discovered these days. Probably wasn't the only day he wasn't busy working those amount of hours for IBM in front of his computer. Plenty of other applicants available to vie for GR's mid-level position. No reason IBM would tolerate this behavior if true.

From WBNG: Binghamton) Ganesh "Remy" Ramsaran, 38, has been indicted by a grand jury for murder in the second degree at three in the afternoon in the Chenango County Court.

Ramsaran was arrested last week for the murder of of his wife, 36-year-old Jennifer Ramsaran.

(BBM)

It says in that article 'There are no conditions' on his bail release. :(

Pretty unbelievable. I would have thought that at least there should have been a no-contact list for certain people.

I'm confused about the arraignment Tuesday? Wasn't this already done and he was granted bail. How will this be different and does this mean its a new arraignment so there is a possibility that he will not get it this time?

Anyway either way I'm sure he will plead not guilty....even if he gets offered a plea it won't be now it will be later.

Either way I am in town Tuesday hopefully I can make it if J4J needs representation. It's a couple hours away so depending on what time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody