Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your work with covering Jenn's case. We would all be lost without your dedication to her and her family! I can say the day I was at court, no one spook out to Eileen, but many were heart broken that Remy could do this with her best friend!!! How can either live with this loss of a beautiful woman for a roll in the hay! Sorry ment to say to Jillian

The actual question during the trial was Mr. Garcia saying isn't it correct that when I spoke to you a few months ago that you stated you still love him. Then repeated did you not say you still loved him. The answer was left. Then look at what she said after your bold. She stated she said it to find the truth in so many lies. She wanted to be able to get answers from him. However you still read it the way you want because of your view of her.

Solus, when I read this statement: ""One question that bothered me that I could not finish my reply to was 'if I still loved him,' and my answer was yes," Sayles wrote. "And if able to finish my answer, I would have told them that regrettably I used those words 'I love you' to find the truth in so many lies." it sounded to me (since she just wrote it several days ago) that she meant it in the present tense.

Your explanation that she was describing that it was actually how she felt several months ago makes a little bit of sense, I suppose. But, that was just a few months ago -- after Garcia took the case. And, she wasn't telling GR she loved him, she was wanting to tell the court that she loved him (up until at least a few months ago). So, if she still loved him through the first year that he was imprisoned, what made her stop loving him? You are implying (I think?) that she was deliberately deceiving GR -- telling him she loved him, so she could find how much she'd been deceived? And what did she find? How did he deceive her? Is it just a matter that she found out he was coming on to other women, or did she come out of denial enough to realize he's a killer?

And, quite frankly, the only reason I'm bringing this up is for her safety! I'm pretty confident that the jury will convict GR, and that he'll go away for a very long time. But I was also pretty confident that Casey Anthony would be convicted. Reality is, there's a slim possibility that GR will go free. And if he does, what then? Does Eileen have enough sense to stay away, or will she let him charm his way into her life again? If you're really a friend to her, you better make sure she stays out of harm's way.

no - just that she always signed off or said goodbye, and that is was very unusual for her to just leave the game like that.

garcia tried to stress that jen was involved with other online gamers. she may have been in contact with them via gaming as is natural, right?

he's saying that police were incompetent in that they didn't interview other men, presumably gamers.

that's really reeeeeeaching.

You know, I was thinking of Jen's mother's testimony, in the week prior to Jen's murder, Mrs. Renz was skyping with the kids, and then they disappeared and Jen came on the screen, and then Remy walked by and said, "OK, that's it," and the screen went blank -- the call ended suddenly, without warning.

We're assuming that Jen died soon after 8:15, when she abruptly left the game. And that is probably what happened. But what if he just told her to get off the damned phone? Maybe that escalated into an argument and he went into a rage and killed her? Or, maybe he told her to get off the phone and give him some attention, and that's when they had sex (if they really did) -- not out of love on his part, but of exercising control. And then maybe she got into the shower, and he killed her then.

I find it a bit significant that she called to make the appointment for the divorce attorney on Dec. 6, just 5 days before she died. GR had asked her for the divorce about a month earlier -- texted her from out of town in fact. Why did she wait that long to make the appointment? Had things been coming to a head in that last week of her life? GR increasingly angry, resentful of her? Or, perhaps she was realizing, from the attention of her gamer friend, that GR wasn't the only fish in the sea -- if they really did get divorced, she might have a better life?

http://www.wbng.com/news/local/Jennifer-Ramsaran--274673111.html

Posting this link here -- WBNG's story about today's testimony. However, I take issue with the first line -- that Jennifer was actively seeking a divorce at the time she went missing. Yes, she did make an "matrimonial" appt., but she may have just wanted a consultation -- wanting to know what her options were if Remy were to force a divorce.

It seems to me that if she were planning to go through with a divorce, she'd had told someone -- her gaming friend Rob Houston, her parents, her sister, even Eileen (if she really was unaware of the affair).

But, today, Mr. Houston didn't testify anything of the sort.

"Houston told the jury Jennifer signed off mid conversation -- something she had never done before.
"She always told me what she was leaving to do," said Houston. "She was always clear and precise as to why she was leaving."
He never heard from her again, and the money was never picked up. He eventually cancelled the wire."

The article also says that no surveillance cameras along the route Remy told them he took show him running from his home to the Y on the day and time he'd have been there. Instead, DA McBride is saying he will show footage of Remy arriving from a different direction.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has kept Jennifer's thread updated with info about the trial over the past few days! You all make it so easy to catch up with what has happened so far, especially for someone like me who has no idea how to use twitter!

Good find. How he was physically able to make so many phone calls is hard to understand. It's also curious that he was allowed to make so many phone calls to a material witness.

Guess he was making phone calls instead of working out... KWIM?...:waitasec:

I'm wondering if the Valero tape has something to do with getting gas. Wasn't something said about the gas tank being full or she had gotten gas, or he did when she was reported missing?

Oh... that is right...

GR tried to make himself out to be such a wonderful husband by reporting that he filled Jennifer's car with gas right before she disappeared...

(I cannot remember now what day exactly, though)

Oh... that is right...

GR tried to make himself out to be such a wonderful husband by reporting that he filled Jennifer's car with gas right before she disappeared...

BBM - Here you go Clue. According to GR "two days before his wife vanished". That would make it Sunday 9th of December 2012.

"In one of his last postings pertaining to the case, Ganesh Ramsaran recalled that two days before his wife vanished, he visited a local grocery store and filled up the gasoline tank of the minivan that she would use.

Cutting said investigators are trying to corroborate that information."

Officials seek leads on missing area woman
Wednesday, December 19, 2012: http://www.thedailystar.com/news/local_news/article_ddfe0031-88ce-5041-9802-d02dcf91a498.html

Oh... that is right...

You're correct that he said he filled Jen's gas tank a couple days prior to her disappearance. He may have been implying what a great guy he was, or he could have also been implying that with a full tank of gas, she could have traveled quite a distance before being reported missing.

However, yesterday's surveillance video was of the day she went missing. GR said that he jogged from home to the YMCA, and he gave his route to the police. So, the tapes from the Valero gas station, Rite Aid pharmacy, Howard Johnson and the bank are all places he should have passed on the route he gave to the police. But no tapes caught him on his route, at the time he'd have been running to the Y.

Yesterday was meant to show that Remy wasn't where he said he was (approaching the Y from his house). Next, the prosecution is planning to show other surveillance tapes to show that he actually approached from the direction of the Plank Road apartments (where the van was left).

Joe's article for yesterday's testimony: http://www.thedailystar.com/news/local_news/article_f8ce3607-2f32-50cd-a6bf-f7880d4a7b5d.html

From Houston's (gamer friend) testimony: "He also said that, earlier, she had advised him that she planned later that day to go to a local Western Union office to pick up $150 he had wired to her. She had also expressed concern with the mechanical condition of her van, and pointed out that when she would go Christmas shopping later in the week with Eileen Sayles, they would go in Sayles’ vehicle, Houston added."

video: Jurors spent more than an hour watching the security tapes made by a Valero convenience store, the NBT bank and a Rite Aid store (with four different cameras aimed at different directions). None of the videos showed Ramsaran, according to staffers from those establishments who furnished the tapes to police.

McBride has contended the cameras would have picked up Ramsaran running had he approached the Y from the north, as he had advised police. Another camera, located at the Y, did capture his image, McBride has said.

That video, expected to be entered into evidence today, shows Ramsaran approaching the Y from the west, the direction he would have been traveling from had he just ditched his wife’s van at Plank Road Manor Apartments in Norwich, the district attorney told the jury in his opening statement last week.

another lead? During Wednesday’s testimony by Detective Powell, Garcia, who has been trying to show that police failed to exhaust all leads while concentrating on Ganesh Ramsaran, inquired as to whether the investigator followed through on information supplied in September 2013 by a Chenango County Jail inmate named John Hunt regarding the suspected homicide. Ramsaran was also an inmate at that time, as he is now.

According to information released by police in September 2013, a man identified as John Hunt, 26, of Norwich was arrested that month for stealing a John Deere tractor from Norwich Meadows Farms.

The district attorney’s office reported in November 2013 that Hunt was sentenced to two to four years in state prison in connection with the theft.
Garcia, in a brief interview, declined to elaborate on what information Hunt had about the investigation. He said it has not been decided whether Hunt will be called as a defense witness.

Powell testified he did meet with Hunt during the investigation.

OK guys, if you could blank out all the information we all had prior to the trial, and just take the info presented so far to the jury, where do you think you'd be right now if you were on the jury? And why?

OK guys, if you could blank out all the information we all had prior to the trial, and just take the info presented so far to the jury, where do you think you'd be right now if you were on the jury? And why?

Great question! McBride is doing an excellent job, showing how the accused is a manipulative and controlling person. The kind of person that most definitely could kill his wife. Calling someone that many times, taking it upon himself to change his girlfriend's address to his own (the house he allegedly murdered his wife in). From my stand point, the DA's office is doing their job. This is just the tip of the iceberg, a lot of DNA presented and the fact it was GR, himself, that found most of the evidence ... Garcia can try and make LE look bad for GR doing their job, but truth be told, IMHO, they let him hang himself! Doing great McBride, keep it up!

'Jennifer Ramsaran was actively pursuing a divorce less than a week before she went missing, according to testimony Wednesday in the murder trial of Ganesh Remy Ramsaran.'

'The appointment was scheduled for Dec. 21, but Jennifer went missing on Dec. 11.
Jennifer's online gaming friend Robert Houston testified via video chat from England.
Houston described his relationship with Jennifer as intimate, and said the two were in contact five to six hours every day for the few months he knew her.'

Great question! McBride is doing an excellent job, showing how the accused is a manipulative and controlling person. The kind of person that most definitely could kill his wife. Calling someone that many times, taking it upon himself to change his girlfriend's address to his own (the house he allegedly murdered his wife in). From my stand point, the DA's office is doing their job. This is just the tip of the iceberg, a lot of DNA presented and the fact it was GR, himself, that found most of the evidence ... Garcia can try and make LE look bad for GR doing their job, but truth be told, IMHO, they let him hang himself! Doing great McBride, keep it up!

Anyone getting a read on the jury (that's in the courtroom)?

I think so far, clear and compelling motive has been proven. I was a bit disappointed that (when on stand) Jason wasn't asked about what he shared w/ us here -- that Remy had told Jen he wanted a divorce, but wanted to keep the house and kids. She'd have fought him for the kids, probably won, and then he'd have had to pay child support (and maybe also alimony?). He may have told Eileen that he'd have provided for Jen if they divorced, but just how far would his money go, if he was having to maintain two households? Weren't they already in financial arrears? I'm hoping testimony about their financial situation will be brought forward, so the jury can understand why Remy chose murder over divorce (esp. since Jen was seeking out an attorney, probably to protect her rights).

Plenty of testimony from family, friends and lover that he was a controlling, manipulative, obsessive jerk that was besotted w/ ES.

And now, evidence that he wasn't where he said he was on that fateful day.

'Jennifer Ramsaran was actively pursuing a divorce less than a week before she went missing, according to testimony Wednesday in the murder trial of Ganesh Remy Ramsaran.'

'The appointment was scheduled for Dec. 21, but Jennifer went missing on Dec. 11.
Jennifer's online gaming friend Robert Houston testified via video chat from England.
Houston described his relationship with Jennifer as intimate, and said the two were in contact five to six hours every day for the few months he knew her.'

I'm miffed that both WBNG and Daily Star said she was "actively" planning a divorce, just because she made that appointment. It was GR actively wanting to divorce, but wanting to keep the house and kids. Solus has told us that Jen didn't want the divorce (at least back in early November 2012). Jen may have simply been wanting to make sure her rights were protected. No one in her family gave testimony that she was actively seeking a divorce, and neither did Mr. Houston.

I do think, however, that making that appt. may have been what put GR over the edge, (if he found out about it). I think he was wanting her to agree to a simple divorce, with him calling all the shots on the terms, and then Jen took the step of seeking out legal counsel. He'd have known that if she got a lawyer, that a divorce would have been quite expensive for him.

Solus, when I read this statement: ""One question that bothered me that I could not finish my reply to was 'if I still loved him,' and my answer was yes," Sayles wrote. "And if able to finish my answer, I would have told them that regrettably I used those words 'I love you' to find the truth in so many lies." it sounded to me (since she just wrote it several days ago) that she meant it in the present tense.

Your explanation that she was describing that it was actually how she felt several months ago makes a little bit of sense, I suppose. But, that was just a few months ago -- after Garcia took the case. And, she wasn't telling GR she loved him, she was wanting to tell the court that she loved him (up until at least a few months ago). So, if she still loved him through the first year that he was imprisoned, what made her stop loving him? You are implying (I think?) that she was deliberately deceiving GR -- telling him she loved him, so she could find how much she'd been deceived? And what did she find? How did he deceive her? Is it just a matter that she found out he was coming on to other women, or did she come out of denial enough to realize he's a killer?

And, quite frankly, the only reason I'm bringing this up is for her safety! I'm pretty confident that the jury will convict GR, and that he'll go away for a very long time. But I was also pretty confident that Casey Anthony would be convicted. Reality is, there's a slim possibility that GR will go free. And if he does, what then? Does Eileen have enough sense to stay away, or will she let him charm his way into her life again? If you're really a friend to her, you better make sure she stays out of harm's way.

I can't imagine friend's and family members watching the estranged ex best friend of GR and estranged ex girlfriend of GR were too impressed over this new found friendship? Just my opinion of course. It worries me, could two people so much like the accused, even give a truthful testimony? JMO, but way to slap your friend's, family and supporters right in the face. They must be so proud!

I am surprised that they haven't brought forth evidence we have seen on these threads, like GR's sm postings after Jennifer's disappearance, how he reacted to Jillian's planned search and the inconsistencies relayed by Lavande Dolce from him. Seems like an awful lot more circumstantial evidence that he was not trying to find his missing wife!

Julianne Peixoto ‏@julespeixoto 3m
A juror in #RamsaranTrial fell and broke her wrists; two hour delay, trial will commence at 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeybadger503