CONVICTION OVERTURNED NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i couldn't tell if his resolve was weakening much.
he was frustrated by both the DA and his own attorney.
he wanted to talk his way, on his terms.
i think he'll become belligerent on the stand under cross examination and may even shut down.
but now that he's on the stand, he can't refuse to answer questions that he doesn't like.

he will only dig his hole deeper the more he opens his mouth.

he's screwed, IMO!

I just hope this is not a strategy to evoke sympathy from the jury ,ie: Even his own attorney is badgering him. They may feel he is an awful guy but maybe, just maybe his lawyer is hoping a few jurors will feel like he is being treated badly and they will find a little bit of sympathy for him. When McBride gets him he should be gentle but direct and try not to treat him harshly because that is something the jury may not like. IMO.

"I don't recall the exact route," said Remy. "I don't remember to be honest. Those days got blurred, so much stress, the weight of the world is dropping on me like a ton of bricks."

So the stress made him forget some things but specifically remember things that directly contradict his earlier statements and now support his case based on the evidence presented. I'm still unclear on his statement that 'those days blurred together'' does he mean now? Which would mean his testimony now is worthless since he can't remember Dec 2012, or does he mean they blurred then, which means non of his earlier statements are valid but his current statements are true? He can't have it both ways, either the statements he made 2 years ago are accurate or he mysteriously remembers in detail now what he could not get straight at the time it happened. Why testify if you are going to completely confuse every issue...oh wait, I just answered my question.

Also; "In recalling how he located his wife's iPhone in Plymouth using an application called Find My iPhone - a contention that authorities say is bogus - Ramsaran said the device responded to his remote cues to make a sound, allowing him to spot it just as the battery was about to die."

An iphone remembers the last time it was charged. I know mine would not last for days, especially in cold weather, which kills mine in 2 hours if i leave it in the car on a cold day, so when was the phone last charged? Also, if it rained was the phone dirty? Water is the quickest way to kill an iphone, aside from tossing it off a 30 foot bridge onto a pile of rocks.

Ive been married 25 years, live in norwich.my wife goes shoping in syracuse monthly. I would not
expect her home untill 6:00 or later if she lft at 10:30 of 11:30.to me his extreme concern starting much earlier in the day is the biggest and first peace of evidence.
As far as her (changing) starting in april. I believe that a women who knos her marrige is coming to a end , whould change habbits and start putting on makeup dressing differently losing a few pounds.a life change so to speak.
I think he orderd to seprate size lingerie for Xmas gifts. For jen and es.
Question for remy, how for is destiny in syracuse.? My point is mcbide should make him to the math on the stand .on winter rds its 2 hrs. Plus shoping shoping and other stops .makes it a all day trip. So why so worried so soon.
When the LE allegedly missed the lingerie in the search, did they find both pairs, or just the size jen would have worn. If only jens size , he needs to be asked were is the missing lingerie that fits ES.

Es did have some lingerie that Remy bought her. This is from a very reliable source. It was found while her things were being packed up.

he said "there's something important that i just remember that happened at 9:35 am."

he was very specific with times. called police at 7:54 pm. jumped on his oldest child's bed at 8:50 pm.
his oldest daughter saw him crying at 6:34 am or 6:35 am. received call from jason at 8:41 am.

he remembers specifically what he ate for lunch that day, what he watched on tv, etc. but doesn't now remember what route he took on his run?

shocker.

incidentally, he said he was in the sauna the Y for 5-10 minutes, then did some exercises at the Y, but noted that he couldn't do any chin-ups afterward because his hands were cold from running.

karma is just sitting by and watching the show!

except for when jen left to "go shopping." now it's "between 10:00-11:00, sometimes i said 10:30-11:00...(DA objects)

It's as if he's sat through the trial so far, decided he doesn't like how some of it played out and now wants to do a quick rewrite.

Someone somewhere must be writing a Lifetime script for this.

Poor DA is going to have to spend today and all weekend working, I should think. He'll have prepared a cross examination already, of course, in case GR testified. But now he is going to have to base it on the newer Remy version, where timelines and directions have shifted.

GR's lawyer is going to be working hard too. All (!) he has to do is persuade his client not to let the prosecutor provoke him, not to be evasive but not to provide details that are not asked for.....and NOT to qualify any nice thing he says about Jennifer with a 'but', followed by a barb.

Ive been married 25 years, live in norwich.my wife goes shoping in syracuse monthly. I would not
expect her home untill 6:00 or later if she lft at 10:30 of 11:30.to me his extreme concern starting much earlier in the day is the biggest and first peace of evidence.
As far as her (changing) starting in april. I believe that a women who knos her marrige is coming to a end , whould change habbits and start putting on makeup dressing differently losing a few pounds.a life change so to speak.
I think he orderd to seprate size lingerie for Xmas gifts. For jen and es.
Question for remy, how for is destiny in syracuse.? My point is mcbide should make him to the math on the stand .on winter rds its 2 hrs. Plus shoping shoping and other stops .makes it a all day trip. So why so worried so soon.
When the LE allegedly missed the lingerie in the search, did they find both pairs, or just the size jen would have worn. If only jens size , he needs to be asked were is the missing lingerie that fits ES.

His extreme concern far too early; his charting of precise times -as though before he supposedly knew Jennifer was missing, he already knew he'd have to account for his time; his odd behaviour at the Y and just happening to leave his phone at home that morning.

All these little things add up to a lot to me.

I'd love it if someone could find a photo of GR in his running gear, carrying his phone. Because I'm really not convinced that he never took it with him when he ran.

"I'd love it if someone could find a photo of GR in his running gear, carrying his phone. Because I'm really not convinced that he never took it with him when he ran."

Right. How else could he call his wife and mistress 1,000 times a day??

Im not at all concernd about his revised time line. The jury persons were chosen becouse of strong character and none bias. I have faith that all 12 jurors will make a common sense decision that a truth story does not revised. Only lies and deception change.

I also found it strange that GR deleted a whole batch of text messages - but left very private photos of his wife and his mistress and himself on his phone. Like he wanted police to see them?

Or were they retrieved and he had deleted them?

Also; "In recalling how he located his wife's iPhone in Plymouth using an application called Find My iPhone - a contention that authorities say is bogus - Ramsaran said the device responded to his remote cues to make a sound, allowing him to spot it just as the battery was about to die."

An iphone remembers the last time it was charged. I know mine would not last for days, especially in cold weather, which kills mine in 2 hours if i leave it in the car on a cold day, so when was the phone last charged? Also, if it rained was the phone dirty? Water is the quickest way to kill an iphone, aside from tossing it off a 30 foot bridge onto a pile of rocks.

Good point about the rain and the phone.

http://www.evesun.com/news/stories/2014-09-19/20015/About-face-Ramsaran-testifies-on-his-own-behalf/

"This is when he said he acquired various nicknames: G-man, G, Captain G-man and #1 were some that the defendant recalled. His favorite, he said, was Psycho. “I was the smallest out there. I was always playing hard,” said Ramsaran. He said he owns jackets with the nickname embroidered on them, jackets he said Jennifer Ramsaran wore “all the time."

some of GR's former classmates wrote into J4J to say that he gave himself the nickname "psychoG," even though in court he said peers gave him that name. they also said he bought jacket and made it into a varsity jacket by sewing his own patches and things on it.

“I loved her, and I always will,” Ramsaran said. “I loved them both.”

previously he said his love was waning for jen.

Ramsaran said he saw Jennifer come out of the master bedroom at approximately 8:50 a.m. that morning.

“It was not your knowledge she was dead?” asked Garcia.

“Not even close,” said Ramsaran. “My wife was not dead.”

what an odd answer.

With regard to not recalling which exact route he ran that morning, Ramsaran said, “I don't remember, to be honest. Those days got blurred, so much stress. The weight of the world is dropping on me like a ton of bricks. I don’t remember.”

but this he remembers:

Garcia asked if his client took Route 23 home, passing by the apartment complex where Jennifer’s van was found days later by Jennifer’s father.

“I sure did,” said Ramsaran.

Jillian does GR look around the courtroom and at Jen's family at all? Does GR's family look at Jen's family? It must be hard for Jen's family listening to GR on the stand right now. I'm sure they can't wait for the prosecution to start asking questions, although I'm sure all of this is hard on them. My heart just goes out to Jen's family and friends, I can't imagine going through what they have been through. :(

"While he did not file divorce papers, Ramsaran said he discussed wanting a divorce from Jennifer to a handful of people. He said he told them whatever Jennifer wanted from him from the divorce was fine, and he would accommodate her wishes."

http://www.evesun.com/news/stories/2014-09-19/20015/About-face-Ramsaran-testifies-on-his-own-behalf/

Eehh!! More blarney. This is NOT what Solus told us here. He said that in November, GR's plan was to divorce Jen, and he would keep the house and kids -- I think set her up in an apartment in town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3