Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are not allowed, by law, to disclose this information to anyone other than the person who filed the missing person report.

Not true. A boyfriend or girlfriend can file a missing person report and never know anything...only next of kin. And sometimes next of kin may never know. Remember...it's an investigation.

And, once again, it is all about GR!! As the husband of a missing woman, he should expect to have fingers pointing at hime. Because of that, he should be able to let that roll off his shoulders, instead of reaching out to strangers to get his "poor me" point across. I am certainly aware he is busy with his children, but I am a little offended by your "lol." The mother of those children is missing, and that is no laughing matter.

:sigh: Wish there was some new news on Jennifer..... Reading the same old things over and over :deadhorse: is getting really depressing no matter what theory I believe one day to the next

This has me thinking..

If their marriage was not going well and seperation was being discussed - OR - GR wanted to leave her ...WHY WHY WHY - couldn't it have been assumed that she went to a friend's, was taking her time, etc.

Just a thought.

Because maybe there was no such talk of seperation or either person wanting to leave each other. ;)

http://www.policevolunteers.org/pdf/IACP_MissingFINAL_web.pdf "MISSING PERSONS INVESTIGATIONS" section ii – Maximizing resources by utilizing
volunteers in Missing Persons cases
Types of Missing Person Investigations.......................................................................................................................7
Activities for Volunteers to Aid Missing Person Investigations.......................................................................8
Missing Persons Legislation and Policy........................................................................................................................10
Utilizing Volunteers...............................................................................................................................................................15 'Volunteers can assist no matter the circumstances surrounding the disappearance'.
Every missing person report a law enforcement agency receives is
different. But, whether it’s a child, a teenager, an adult, or a senior citizen
who ran away, forgot to call home, wandered away, was abducted, or
disappeared, all missing person investigations share a common element—
the need for manpower to find the missing as quickly as possible. The more
people looking for a missing person, the faster the person may be found.
(Read More)

Not true. A boyfriend or girlfriend can file a missing person report and never know anything...only next of kin. And sometimes next of kin may never know. Remember...it's an investigation.

Actually- as public tax dollars are spent on the investigation, when a lost or missing has been located, it is reported to the public.

ETA: To clarify- it is listed as closed in the record. It may be reported to the media- who may or may not publish it. The information is available at the police department.

Hi folks, new poster here. Just wanted to weigh in with some thoughts on this, which I've been following since the first thread.

As a warning, my post will probably seem a bit devil's advocate (although I'm not 100% sure what I think happened to Jennifer).

1) Why is everyone suddenly leaping to call her husband's quick time on calling the police fishy? I seem to remember that in the last thread - or was it other similar threads on here - I saw people saying "I would be calling my family if they were late by 20 minutes!" It seems as though first people thought he waited too long to call, and now he called too soon, which feels a little unfair. Everyone reacts differently in this kind of situation; personally I don't see too much amiss in this kind of response time.

2) On going to locate the phone without police/without being afraid: if he could see that the phone's location was beside a public road/bridge, is there much cause to be afraid that a dangerous person is there with it almost 24 hours later? I could see staying away if Google Maps showed the location inside a warehouse or something, but in this circumstance he may not have believed there was much risk - more so if he believed at all that she had been accidentally injured rather than the victim of foul play. I can also imagine wanting to confirm the iphone was actually where the app suggested before calling the police.

3) I know this was already discussed by some other members, but I don't think the filling of the gas tank several days before the unexpected trip is suspicious. You don't have to know when you will need the gas in order to get some; you get it because you know you will need it eventually. I think this was being read into a bit much, in my opinion.

This was a long-winded post to 'introduce' myself to the forums, I know! I also know some people favor certain theories or suspects (although I didn't think anyone had technically been named a suspect and thus all of this speculation is against the site's own rules on who can be sleuthed, is it not?) but I see certain things from a different perspective and wanted to offer that.

And if anyone who knows Jennifer reads this, please know that none of my theorizing/debates/questions outweigh my hope that this is resolved as positively and as soon as possible.

You're very wise.

Statistics of our own families that we work with. We track most everything as it pertains to our cases from and including guilt ratios, recovery statistics, even clear to missing loved ones by internet influence.
Also as a parent of a special needs young adult, looking for a missing child who may have wandered or an elderly family member who may have wandered usually has their case resolved within hours to a few days. Horrible fear and stress during that time..but yes....out looking, driving up and down streets...etc...just as Ganesh has done the first days until realized that his wife was in fact...truly missing. Not lost. But missing.

How big was the sample size for the study you did mentioning the 95% rate being representative of families of missing persons NOT looking for their missing loved one? I'm honestly not asking to be snarky. I'm curious.

What level of measurement did you use in collecting that data? Assuming you used both quantitative and qualitative studies, I would be interested to know the results from data collected specific to cases similar to this, ie. with similar variables, especially those involving behavior. How did you measure "internet influence?" I don't know ~ It's just that 95% figure seems astronomically high.

Thanks for you input.

This was a long-winded post to 'introduce' myself to the forums, I know! I also know some people favor certain theories or suspects (although I didn't think anyone had technically been named a suspect and thus all of this speculation is against the site's own rules on who can be sleuthed, is it not?) but I see certain things from a different perspective and wanted to offer that.

The is a large difference between speculation and sleuthing. Sleuthing involves legal documents, records, etc. If there is an issue with a post, alert a mod.

The is a large difference between speculation and sleuthing. Sleuthing involves legal documents, records, etc. If there is an issue with a post, alert a mod.

Thanks for the clarification! I'm not making an issue out of anyone's posts; as a new member, I was trying to understand why types of discussions were okay in this thread that I feel I've seen stopped in other threads. Thanks again.

They have to have a warrant. It's procedure and part of the chain of custody should they happen to have found anything. That is why a warrant. Procedure.

That is NOT true. LE does not need a search warrant if the person whose property is being searched gives the officer a permission to search. A nice little thing called "consent search". Any evidence found during the consent search IS valid in court.

Thanks for the clarification! I'm not making an issue out of anyone's posts; as a new member, I was trying to understand why types of discussions were okay in this thread that I feel I've seen stopped in other threads. Thanks again.

The rules on some threads are on the first page of the thread-if they have been modified. There are threads on WS to ask questions concerning the rules if you have a question

Actually- as public tax dollars are spent on the investigation, when a lost or missing has been located, it is reported to the public.

Again. No. Located missing are not always reported, fact is...unfortunately more than not...they're not reported. (runaways, special needs, elderly missing) I have a department of 3 staff members which that is all they do all day long is call PD to get updates as media doesn't report:( Fact is, we will have PD register a missing and never notify they are located! Worse, we have teen runaways who are confirmed missing and we put a lot of hours into media reporting, making posters, organizing locals to assist, building webpages...and then they are located and we find out by a Facebook post and the family has never bothered to pick up the phone to let us know they were found and we talk to those families every day while they were missing. Oh sigh.

Ok. My lunch hour is up. I have to get to back to work. Will try and catch up this eve.

just jumping off of your post.

If a family member has not been named a person of interest or suspect we do not allow sleuthing or speculation of them as we are a family and victim friendly site.

Some cases may have the rules changed depending on the case.

Caution needs to be used in Discussing Jennifer's family and loved ones.

Hope that helps everyone clarify. Any questions please pm a moderator.

That is NOT true. LE does not need a search warrant if the person whose property is being searched gives the officer a permission to search. A nice little thing called "consent search". Any evidence found during the consent search IS valid in court.

Not factual. A consent search is usually done when an officer wants into a home to do a cursory search, say for a person hiding that is wanted...or to see if marijuana is growing in the home (as example)...these are the only times a police officer may use the consent search...but when it pertains to an investigation that could lead to a criminal trial...they always obtain a signed search warrant by a judge as they are going to do a very thorough examination of the premises which includes luminol, removing electronic equipment and other items from the home, sometimes even removing anything "suspicious" in the home such as a stain on the wall or carpeting and can remove those sections. Remember, a search and seizure without a warrant is presumed by courts to be unreasonable under the Fourth Amendment and will be fought by the defending attorney...causes too many problems down the road...so they cover their behinds.

There are four main circumstances in which a warrant is not required for police to search your house:

1. Consent. If the person who is in control of the property consents to the search without being coerced or tricked into doing so, a search without a warrant is valid. Note that police do not have to tell you that you have the right to refuse a search, but you do. Also, note that if you have a roommate, he or she can consent to a search of the common areas of your dwelling (kitchen, living room), but not to your private areas (bedroom, for instance). On the other hand, the Supreme Court recently ruled that one spouse cannot consent to the search of a house on behalf of the other.

2. Plain View. If a police officer already has the right to be on your property and sees contraband or evidence of a crime that is clearly visible, that object may be lawfully seized and used as evidence. For example, if the police are in your house on a domestic violence call and see marijuana plants on the windowsill, the plants can be seized as evidence.

3. Search Incident to Arrest. If you are being arrested in your house, police officers may search for weapons or other accomplices to protect their safety (known as a "protective sweep"), or they may otherwise search to prevent the destruction of evidence.

4. Exigent Circumstances. This exception refers to emergency situations where the process of getting a valid search warrant could compromise public safety or could lead to a loss of evidence.

read more:http://www.legalzoom.com/everyday-law/home-leisure/can-police-search-your

Not factual. A consent search is usually done when an officer wants into a home to do a cursory search, say for a person hiding that is wanted...or to see if marijuana is growing in the home (as example)...these are the only times a police officer may use the consent search...but when it pertains to an investigation that could lead to a criminal trial...they always obtain a signed search warrant by a judge as they are going to do a very thorough examination of the premises which includes luminol, removing electronic equipment and other items from the home, sometimes even removing anything "suspicious" in the home such as a stain on the wall or carpeting and can remove those sections. Remember, a search and seizure without a warrant is presumed by courts to be unreasonable under the Fourth Amendment and will be fought by the defending attorney...causes too many problems down the road...so they cover their behinds.

just because this feels like it could become a bigger debate than it needs to be- it seems like the relevant point is that the statements about GR allowing a search, and that implying his innocence, is in fact needless, as with a warrant he would have no option to refuse that search.

Because maybe there was no such talk of seperation or either person wanting to leave each other. ;)

Jennifer Renz Ramsaran, the 36-year-old stay-at-home mom missing for a week under suspicious circumstances, had begun discussing the possibility of separating from her husband and had made new online gaming friends through her iPhone account, a family friend said Tuesday.

http://thedailystar.com/localnews/x1423436202/Officials-seek-leads-on-missing-area-woman/print

I could get you some more links and quotes if need be but the main reason this was even suggested initially was by GR - he claimed that he wanted to leave Jennifer but she was begging him not to.

His psyhic friend actually confirmed that but posts were deleted at that point.

just because this feels like it could become a bigger debate than it needs to be- it seems like the relevant point is that the statements about GR allowing a search, and that implying his innocence, is in fact needless, as with a warrant he would have no option to refuse that search.

Point is, he himself offered and begged them to do whatever they needed to do in order to finding Jennifer. His home was open to them. Anything they wanted...they could have...whatever it takes to find his Jennifer and whatever it takes to have them focus on finding her...his whole life, belongings and whatever they needed was an open book and offering to them; he only wants to find Jennifer.

Ok. Now for real I have to leave as late for appts. Be back this eve.

Jennifer Renz Ramsaran, the 36-year-old stay-at-home mom missing for a week under suspicious circumstances, had begun discussing the possibility of separating from her husband and had made new online gaming friends through her iPhone account, a family friend said Tuesday.

http://thedailystar.com/localnews/x1423436202/Officials-seek-leads-on-missing-area-woman/print

I could get you some more links and quotes if need be but the main reason this was even suggested initially was by GR - he claimed that he wanted to leave Jennifer but she was begging him not to.

His psychic friend actually confirmed that but posts were deleted at that point.

BBM- remember that infomercial???
:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members