Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes me sad to look through her 325 friends and only 2 have her picture as their profile pic - mind you I didn't look at their cover photo's. I wonder if most of them even know she's missing.

That is exactly what I was wondering! I wish someone that is already a friend/family would post a message and her missing flyer to her on her FB, so that all of them might see that she is missing. And even go one better and PM every single one of them.
Would be interesting if any of them are friends from her presumed online gaming. And speaking of that...any ideas what games she did play?

NOTE: I've been told that there seems to be two sides to the story in this case and it's caused some friction.

Do you have to agree with other posters? NO. Do you have to be kind to other posters? YES.

If you and another poster are having a debate and one says "we have to agree to disagree" - the debate is over with that poster.

If another poster in here just drives you nuts with their information and/or point of view and you can't stand it anymore, you have two choices. You can either pass by their posts without looking or you can use the ignore feature. Please review the rules about the ignore feature here --->Best Practices Dealing with your fellow posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

If you alert a post that is a Websleuths rules violation and then proceed to violate the rules yourself on the thread as a response (or defense), you will also be subject to a possible time out.

The bolded area above is a portion of my blurb that I've used in many cases. The next part is just for this case.

Yes, Lavonda Dulce is a verified insider in this case. For this member's privacy, I am unable to tell you who he/she is, just like any other insider. But it is not unusual for him/her to be involved in crime cases. We'll leave it at that.

Remember, you don't have to believe facts from any verified insider, you just have to respect them and assume the information they are sharing is from their perspective.

Thank you and I hope this helps everyone! :blowkiss:

The public was never informed about whether JR's purse and/or shopping bags were found in her car, were we? I wish we knew one way or the other since it could give us a better idea about when and where her disappearing took place.

I tend to think she never went/made it to Syracuse to shop (whether she intended to or not), simply because if she was abducted after the fact, then there would probably be bags in the car. I imagine that would be made public, and that LE would be more willing to believe she met with foul play.

Trying to be the devil's advocate here and theorize from a different angle than the two main theories.

Okay, let's assume she really intended to go shopping and this was a random act. Assume there were no bags/purse in the car, implying she never made it to Syracuse.
If she was driving in her vehicle and had a full tank (as we are led to believe), then I assume she had no reason to stop at any point before getting to her destination. How then did someone even have the opportunity to take/harm her? Any ideas? :waitasec: Could she have stopped for some reason? Perhaps in Norwich...to get some coffee or breakfast for the road? The only convenient place to stop that I see on streetview of googlemaps on HW 23 would be the Mobil gas station before entering Norwich. But even if she did stop, wouldn't that be a really obvious scene to be taken from?
Just scratching my head to try and make a random act even possible....which I don't think it is. JMO...

The phone records would show if she made it down to the mall. I wonder what would ever take so long to get phone records?

Also I would assume that if she did make it to the mall, we may have heard of them trying to find her surveillance at the mall. Or put out a statement to the public to see if anyone saw her at the mall. I don't think she ever went there.

It would be great to know what was found in her car. Her purse, id's, wallet...and yes shopping bags....

The public was never informed about whether JR's purse and/or shopping bags were found in her car, were we? I wish we knew one way or the other since it could give us a better idea about when and where her disappearing took place.

I tend to think she never went/made it to Syracuse to shop (whether she intended to or not), simply because if she was abducted after the fact, then there would probably be bags in the car. I imagine that would be made public, and that LE would be more willing to believe she met with foul play.

Trying to be the devil's advocate here and theorize from a different angle than the two main theories.

Okay, let's assume she really intended to go shopping and this was a random act. Assume there were no bags/purse in the car, implying she never made it to Syracuse.
If she was driving in her vehicle and had a full tank (as we are led to believe), then I assume she had no reason to stop at any point before getting to her destination. How then did someone even have the opportunity to take/harm her? Any ideas? :waitasec: Could she have stopped for some reason? Perhaps in Norwich...to get some coffee or breakfast for the road? The only convenient place to stop that I see on streetview of googlemaps on HW 23 would be the Mobil gas station before entering Norwich. But even if she did stop, wouldn't that be a really obvious scene to be taken from?
Just scratching my head to try and make a random act even possible....which I don't think it is. JMO...

Great point. And the secrecy really makes me wonder if they have their eye on someone. Otherwise, why wouldn't they want to put it out there. If they had NO leads at all, I would think, IMO that they would want help from the community via searches and/or possible tips. Malls have security cameras-- so do some roads. Was there any footage of her on camera, anywhere? Also, LE never really portrayed to the community from what I understand that there is a threat to the community - a car jacker, a rapist, a kidnapper on the loose.

I don't know..

Just makes no sense.

I read an article online at The Atlantic titled "Not Wanting Kids Is Entirely Normal.

I'm NOT saying JR abandoned her children, I don't know what happened, I just found the psychology in the article interesting.

I read an article online at The Atlantic titled "Not Wanting Kids Is Entirely Normal.

I'm NOT saying JR abandoned her children, I don't know what happened, I just found the psychology in the article interesting.

I personally don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that a mother would abandon her kids, horrible as such a thing might be. We've seen it happen, and worse - some mothers kill their kids (not saying that JR would ever do such a thing, just pointing out that being a mother doesn't make someone incapable of evil or selfish acts).

My feelings in this case go back and forth constantly. Sometimes I still find myself believing that GR really is innocent, and that JR really did take off. And then I find myself feeling the other way. It's so frustrating. It seems like LE could officially drop some little hint about which way they're leaning. If she ran away and she's out there somewhere, it makes it all the more important to share her flier through social media and get the word out all across the country in case someone has seen her - doesn't it? And if she's most likely deceased, then people need to be searching. GAH, I just don't get it, I really really don't.

I, personally, feel like she did leave.

I think that her leaving would explain the lack of searching. If the leads that law enforecment does have point toward her leaving, there's not a lot that they can do other than wait for her to reveal her whereabouts or act on a tip that she's been seen. I feel that due to there being children involved they are hesitant to disclose any information that would expose the children to anything psychologicaly damaging.

It's my understanding that the phone records have to be subpoenaed thru the DA and not thru the local police and that process can take quite a long time. I think that when they finally do come out there will be a lot more answers.

I think the husbands behavior seems strange because he lives in a very small town where there are rampant rumors that he caused his wife harm and he's unsure how to handle that.

These are my thoughts and opinions.

I, personally, feel like she did leave.

I think that her leaving would explain the lack of searching. If the leads that law enforecment does have point toward her leaving, there's not a lot that they can do other than wait for her to reveal her whereabouts or act on a tip that she's been seen. I feel that due to there being children involved they are hesitant to disclose any information that would expose the children to anything psychologicaly damaging.

It's my understanding that the phone records have to be subpoenaed thru the DA and not thru the local police and that process can take quite a long time. I think that when they finally do come out there will be a lot more answers.

I think the husbands behavior seems strange because he lives in a very small town where there are rampant rumors that he caused his wife harm and he's unsure how to handle that.

These are my thoughts and opinions.

The Sheriff and New Berlin Police office's are searching, with dogs and SAR personnel - they are very focused searches. The snow and cold weather are hampering the searches. I know at least four areas have been extensively searched. They wouldn't be searching if she had left. However, their searching has been very QUIET and on the down low for some reason.

The Sheriff and New Berlin Police office's are searching, with dogs and SAR personnel - they are very focused searches. The snow and cold weather are hampering the searches. I know at least four areas have been extensively searched. They wouldn't be searching if she had left. However, their searching has been very QUIET and on the down low for some reason.

Thank you... I have been thinking the reason they keep throwing out the
they "discourage searching due to evidence" to see if the perp will go try and retrieve said evidence

I'm starting to wonder if I just want her to be unharmed so I'm letting my mind go in that direction....

http://www.facebook.com/TownOfNewBerlinPolice?fref=ts

"Members of the Town of New Berlin Police Department assist in search efforts to locate a missing New Berlin woman"

I just went back to "Town Of New Berlin Police Department" Facebook page to check out those photos again and they appear to have been removed?. I know I saw them the other day. Someone actually made a comment under one of the photos identifying the name of the road they thought they were on. Maybe that's why the photos were removed?.

http://www.facebook.com/TownOfNewBerlinPolice

I'm starting to wonder if I just want her to be unharmed so I'm letting my mind go in that direction....

I completely understand this way of thinking, Sharon. <<hugs>> And it's okay to hold out hope. It would be great if she did run away, and she was found, and then we could all be mad at her for causing such a huge upset... but at least she would be alive. I think, too, that it's really hard to let yourself think that someone would actually kill someone, ya know? You don't want to believe that this seemingly nice enough guy/husband/father could have such an evil side. You want to believe him when he says that he's doing everything he can to help LE, and that he's torn up about this and is just trying to protect his kids, and that the truth will come out. It's hard to believe that anyone could lie so blatantly.

Could they/would they possibly be searching for a cache she had made to stash money, clothing or sentimental objects to leave with?
Or for personal effects she may have stashed on her way out?

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the searches were done very early on in the investigation. I don't think that anything has been done recently. The early searches could have been done to follow up on leads. Perhaps since then more information has been developed that suggests to LE that she did leave on her own. I agree that her husband's behavior is sometimes odd, maybe even suspicious, but my gut tells me as well that she left on her own. JMHO of course.

I just went back to "Town Of New Berlin Police Department" Facebook page to check out those photos again and they appear to have been removed?. I know I saw them the other day. Someone actually made a comment under one of the photos identifying the name of the road they thought they were on. Maybe that's why the photos were removed?.

Just went and looked, and I don't see them either. Hmmmmm, weird :waitasec:

Or because someone pointed out they couldn't be recent photos? Seem to remember discussion of that here.

Hey. New to posting here. Been following this case since the very beginning.
I'm glad to see the family has enlisted the help of a missing persons investigator. However, my fear is that they've waited too long. If she doesn't want to be found, she's had plenty of time to make sure that won't happen.

And, yes, I'm holding onto the idea that she is alive. Mostly because that's what I want and also because it was my initial gut feeling. I'll admit, though, it gets harder and harder to hold on to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member