Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Clayton! Lots of unanswered questions.

IMO if GR was not involved in JR's disappearance, let's get some facts out there so we can move past it and find out what happened!

I could not agree with you more!!! :rocker:

<modsnip>

Lavanda, can you help us out with any of these points?

I'd also like to repeat a question that I believe I asked earlier in the thread -- why have there been no public pleas to Jennifer to come home? If she's out there, why not speak directly to her, letting her know that her family misses her and that she will be welcomed home with no questions asked (per your previous example of another missing woman)? Serious question, and TIA for your reply.

Folks:

the posts that were removed were facebook comments which are considered rumor. Please let us not go there again.

Also reminder: the husband has not been named a person of interest or a suspect so discussing him in that manner is not on the table right now. If something changes this can, of course, be revisited.

folks:

The posts that were removed were facebook comments which are considered rumor. Please let us not go there again.

Also reminder: The husband has not been named a person of interest or a suspect so discussing him in that manner is not on the table right now. If something changes this can, of course, be revisited.

thank you!

I agree, 100% with all that you wrote with an exception to your last line in how the public can assist. The problem that was brought to light was when groups of people were formulating a plan to conduct searches themselves. It is law enforcement who asked that NO organized searches by the public be conducted. The same group of people can help by getting a group together and go out and plaster her poster in every gas station, convenient mart from here to Syracuse and beyond though! That would be a tremendous help. Someone has information and needs to come forward...someone who may not even realize they could hold the key. There is also no law saying one cannot search their OWN property to see if anything may seem amiss. Nobody is banning the public from helping to look for Jennifer. Quite the opposite. We've asked those that have connections to helping obtain a billboard, please step up...those who can print and hang posters..please do...etc. The one and ONLY "do not do" given was...no organized search parties...let's leave that to the professionals.

: BBM: Please provide a link that states "cannot" search. People have the legal right to search public lands, parks, community areas and private land with owner permission.

The Chenango County Sheriff is discouraging people from conducting their own searches for Jennifer Ramsaran.

http://www.wbng.com/news/local/Sheriff-Discourages-Private-Searches-for-Missing-Woman-187806481.html

I'm lighting a candle for Jennifer tonight.

I'm not sure I understand why there isn't a vigil in the area for her. If it's to keep the children sheltered from this horror, what do they think about seeing her posters plastered all over town?

MHO

I'm lighting a candle for Jennifer tonight.

I'm not sure I understand why there isn't a vigil in the area for her. If it's to keep the children sheltered from this horror, what do they think about seeing her posters plastered all over town?

MHO

I hope to never be in the position of losing someone.

IMO, a vigil sounds like a nice, respectable, and hopeful way to honor JR. If GR believes she had a breakdown and left, I'm sure a vigil showing how much she is loved could do nothing but help. I also gives hope to all those searching.

Wait, Nevermind. GR told the media he gave up hope a week later. Another conflicting story now that I think about it.

hello hello! :seeya:
i'm a new poster, but long time sleuther on a few different cases, this being one that just this week i've done some digging on. i'm going to tread lightly while i post until i get all of the rules & ettiquete down.

but here's my own (gut-wrenching because of those darling kids) honest opinion of what i think has happened. I think there was an accident. not a car accident. but maybe an argument (the gaming? the affair?) between spouses, that quickly turned into an escalated accident (again i'm unsure how much i am allowed to elaborate).

i think guilt are huge factors playing into how a certain party is reacting with the OVER HYPING declaration of innocence.

I think confusion, worry & maybe just simply the unknown of all of this uncertanity surrounding their daughter/sibling going missing in the first place.... maybe even its the personality or nauture of her family, to simply follow by the rules (NOT meant as a bad thing in any regards), but to be fully trusting to LE that they are doing everything that they can to solve this case.

but what i do feel is (of course) MOO is that this is not as cut & dry as a stop, drop & leave case. Just from the few pictures of JR that i've seen via social media, she was a very close & loving Mom to her kids. Though i would absolutely be ELATED to learn sooner rather than later, that she just needed some time away to figure things out or clear her head, etc.

hopefully to someone i made some kind of sense? :blushing: or :silly:

Her van was recovered by her dad (how I'm not sure?). I drive by here everyday getting the kids at school. Here are some photos of where the van was found. When going into town, Bldg D is the first Bldg you come to. Bldg C is next. As you can see, the parking lot is VERY close to the road. The third picture, where the gray Bldg is located across the road, is the usual place where the city police sit trying to nab speeders.

Attachments

• Bldg c 1.jpg
    Bldg c 1.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 58
  • Bldg C.jpg
    Bldg C.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 59
  • Bldg C 2.jpg
    Bldg C 2.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 56
IF Jennifer left to start a new life somewhere, I don't believe LE would be so concerned with "evidence" being "destroyed" during personal searches.

As horrendous and tragic it is for those left behind, one cannot be charged with a crime for up and leaving without notification.

http://thedailystar.com/localnews/x1746080614/Sheriff-Dont-inhibit-missing-mom-search

"They could very well destroy evidence," Cutting told The Daily Star.

Are those apartments as creepy as they look (I know everything looks twice as dismal this time of year around here)? I'm hoping the police have questioned ALL residents.

Her van was recovered by her dad (how I'm not sure?). I drive by here everyday getting the kids at school. Here are some photos of where the van was found. When going into town, Bldg D is the first Bldg you come to. Bldg C is next. As you can see, the parking lot is VERY close to the road. The third picture, where the gray Bldg is located across the road, is the usual place where the city police sit trying to nab speeders.

Thank you for taking these pic's...much appreciated!

IF Jennifer left to start a new life somewhere, I don't believe LE would be so concerned with "evidence" being "destroyed" during personal searches.

As horrendous and tragic it is for those left behind, one cannot be charged with a crime for up and leaving without notification.

http://thedailystar.com/localnews/x1746080614/Sheriff-Dont-inhibit-missing-mom-search

"They could very well destroy evidence," Cutting told The Daily Star.

I feel like they needed to give the public a reason to dissuade them from searching...

My heart goes out to the entire community....it appears to me that this case has caused a lot of division.

Thanks so much, ORR! That really helps put things into perspective; they are MUCH closer to the road than I was thinking.

I think the car was left at that location because someone wanted it to be found asap! Sitting so close to the road like that, and especially being at a place where cops habitually hang out..... yep, they wanted it to be found right away. Now the question is, WHY did they want it found so quickly? The phone was found very quickly too. Perhaps to go ahead and get people thinking that JR ran away? The sooner people can accept that she left, the sooner people can move on with their lives, if you know what I mean.

WELCOME, pinkshoemama!! Glad to have you here with us!

And yes, you made perfect sense :) Great first post :)

I feel like they needed to give the public a reason to dissuade them from searching...

My heart goes out to the entire community....it appears to me that this case has caused a lot of division.

I could be totally off-base, but if a county Sheriff has stated that evidence could be destroyed, then I figure it is likely a crime is believed to have been committed, rather than someone left voluntarily without incident.

Just MO.

Let's go with the theory that she met with foul play - by a stranger or possibly someone she was going to meet from online.

If this perp. left her car in plain view and her phone was found relatively easy, then all we are missing is a body.

Now why is that so hard to find? IMO, careless, random criminals do not go through the time to hide a body. They either don't think they will get caught or maybe committ the crime and leave town to make it harder to track them down. (Obviously this is a generalization)

People that hide bodies, have things to lose and more things to hide. IMO JMO MOO and all that jazz.

Let's go with the theory that she met with foul play - by a stranger or possibly someone she was going to meet from online.

If this perp. left her car in plain view and her phone was found relatively easy, then all we are missing is a body.

Now why is that so hard to find? IMO, careless, random criminals do not go through the time to hide a body. They either don't think they will get caught or maybe committ the crime and leave town to make it harder to track them down. (Obviously this is a generalization)

People that hide bodies, have things to lose and more things to hide. IMO JMO MOO and all that jazz.

A point I failed to make but meant to is that the phone/van being found so quickly and in plain sight doesn't correlate to a crime of a body not being found.

I would expect a body to be found in the van. Then I'd think, wow, someone car jacked her. Someone targeted her. Someone robbed her.

moo

If they believe there could be evidence out there to be "destroyed" by careless searchers, what good does it do if that evidence is never found? Or Jennifer?

Good morning All.

I'd add a photo of the vehicle to the new JR site.

I agree. There should be photos of JR's car everywhere. It's quite possible that someone saw her car around the time she went missing being driven by someone other than JR herself. Maybe it was noticed in some out of the way place at some point. If a member of the public did see JR's car around the time she went missing hopefully they have already called in the tip.

1zoxkbt.jpg

Missing: - Album: New York & New Jersey
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f....309689499051391.74183.212865135400495&type=1

100% agree with cluciano.

I wonder - and this might be pretty far-fetched - but I wonder if LE feared for the safety of the searchers? Maybe they feel like a certain potential perp is capable of freaking out if he feels like searchers are getting close to real evidence. Or maybe they fear that he might harm himself in such a situation. So they're trying to control the searches, and either not let him know where/when they're searching, and/or keep an eagle-eye on him during said searches, just in case.

Does that make any sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member