Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely love this post and all the more reason that I love you, momrids6!:blowkiss:

Thanks Smooth... I learned to write mini WS novels from the master :loveyou:
- too bad you missed what I was replying to....

( I found some pretzels before I need my teeth capped )

Thanks Smooth... I learned to write mini WS novels from the master :loveyou:
- too bad you missed what I was replying to....

( I found some pretzels before I need my teeth capped )

Who is this WS Master? And need we be concerned? ;) :whipper:

We revised the poster today. Yes. I felt that was extremely important to have placed on the poster. Absolutely. We want people to look for a living Jennifer. Considering we came into the case nearly a month after missing I made the decision to include that due to numerous beliefs that many invariably feel, automatically, as it pertains to a missing wife and a husband "the last to see her." So yes...very customary with our organization. Many do not put "circumstance" on posters...we started this about 6 years ago with hoping to capture more interest to get those to read them...as well as using multiple photographs.
JenniferRamsaran36MISSING-NewBerlinNY-11Dec2012-MissingPoster.jpg

I agree with the comments on here regarding the need to include "the husband is cooperating with police" in the poster. It is also the first thing that popped out at me, as I like most others here, haven't seen that before. It doesn't appear as though the husband needs another PR disaster at this point. Following the logic of the husband "being the last to see her," (ie. an attempt to paint him in a good light) why leave out that he took a polygraph and says he has "an airtight alibi"? Seems like that would be helpful as well, following that line of thinking.

I do think this poster is beautifully done. Nice placement of photos. As for the photos, I'm wondering of all the pics of Jennifer that are out there, why include an unflattering one of her looking down at her phone? Is this a purposeful attempt to help substantiate claims that Jennifer may have met someone she formed a relationship with online, as has been reported numerous times in the media?

TIA for your answers, Lavonda.

Let's go with the theory that she met with foul play - by a stranger or possibly someone she was going to meet from online.

If this perp. left her car in plain view and her phone was found relatively easy, then all we are missing is a body.

Now why is that so hard to find? IMO, careless, random criminals do not go through the time to hide a body. They either don't think they will get caught or maybe committ the crime and leave town to make it harder to track them down. (Obviously this is a generalization)

People that hide bodies, have things to lose and more things to hide. IMO JMO MOO and all that jazz.

I totally agree. Since she hasn't been found I think, if something has happened to her, she must have been taken elsewhere or at least semi well hidden- which surely implies a local. I'd be surprised if she managed to meet someone online who happened to live nearby and also happened to be a maniac- odds of that seem very slim. IMO.

BBM -- Totally agree. People aren't going to believe it unless it's coming directly from LE. Which, again, makes it seem more like a PR move... which, in turn, makes people wonder what the husband has to hide/prove.

I agree about the poster and the blog. I also wonder- the plea for information- if I had a piece of info, if I read the blog and poster and my info was in some way related to GR- had I, say, seen him somewhere that day or heard him say something- I might think 'well, they say he's not a suspect' and thus not call it in. Or, I might feel strange about doing so. Whether or not he's a POI, to me the focus should be on getting all possible information about those few days- who knows what will be helpful to the case.

I'm still boggled by the lack of support from the family and friends - no massive push to get her info out there, no vigil, no reward, no plea for her return, no plea for information from anyone that might know what happened....

I just ran across the Vicky Moon Erickson thread and then looked at the Find Victoria Moon fb page that was set up by friends....she's only been missing DAYS and their action is massive compared to what's been done for Jennifer.

Well said. The division I've seen in the past regarding missing persons, where one person seemingly has the power as next of kin (husband or wife) has the upper hand and control. This division, as evidenced by hiring different PR folks, signing on with different agencies, one hiring a PR and one not, among many other things, leads me to believe that power and control are two very important factors at play here.

In this case we have two grandparents and a sister who were on board with a search for Jennifer, as long as LE was aware, and the rules were followed, and a husband who was very public with NOT wanting any searching to take place at all, claiming that he wanted community members to allow LE "do do their job." Which also begs the question other people asked, "If she left willingly, perhaps to meet someone she met online, why the snit fits about public searches, as there would be no evidence to tamper with" (which is apparently LE's concern as stated in the newspaper)? Doesn't add up.

So, it seems to me that any family members who act against the wishes of that one person who holds the most control, could suffer the most consequences, and have the most to lose. I'm thinking that the person who has control over access to the children, with whom I'm sure parents, aunts, etc. would wish to remain in contact with, could easily and likely pull that one specific control card with anyone who dares to disagree, if this hasn't happened already.

Not a criticism of the poster, but I find this part unusual:
"Jennifer's husband is fully co-operating with police officials"

Is that sort of info. usually included in missing posters? I thought they usually just include pics and info to help locate the person. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Highly unusual.. or highly paranoid.

I'm still boggled by the lack of support from the family and friends - no massive push to get her info out there, no vigil, no reward, no plea for her return, no plea for information from anyone that might know what happened....

This probably is one of those "goes without saying" type of comments, as it seems like most people here have a good grasp regarding the mysterious reactions/inaction in this case.

It needs to be noted though that "the family and friends" are divisive, so we can assume who IS pushing for action(s) to find Jennifer and who actually is NOT, IMO. When the word "family" is mentioned, depending on context, I think of certain people. In another opposing context, I think of one person in particular.

Jennifer's mother, father, sister, etc., are on board, are in full speed ahead mode with CUE and others working the case.

Jennifer's mother, father, sister, etc., are on board, are in full speed ahead mode with CUE and others working the case.

For readers that may not know:

CUE: Community United Effort Serving Missing Persons Nationwide

http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/jennifer-ramsaran/

“It's amazing how much you can get done if you don't worry about who gets the credit.”
― Dallin H. Oaks

Re: this poster ~ again, very nice and well done.
I apologize if this sounds nitpicky, but it seems like the below information is always included in missing persons' posters:

Why isn't the following included?: 1. Her last known location; 2. Who saw her last; 3) Who found her cell phone, as the poster mentions who found her car (although that wasn't accurate, as JR's father found the car); 4) that she is considered an "endangered" missing person, as she has left without her prescribed medications.

Thanks, Lavonda!

I'm wondering if JR is the only one that has access to her FB page, the photo's have been heavily edited. As much as I want it to be her - I don't think it is.

I'm wondering if JR is the only one that has access to her FB page, the photo's have been heavily edited. As much as I want it to be her - I don't think it is.

Whoever is editing, they're doing it right now- if it is JR, I wonder if there's any way of having Facebook track an IP. Probably unlikely I guess.

if someone who isn't JR has access to her Facebook, I would've thought they'd change her profile pic to the missing poster, or put a public post up asking for help- seems like a good way to reach those closest to her, and, if she's out there somewhere, show her that she's missed. Maybe not everyone thinks that way though.

Sorry for the million posts. GR is so 'built'. Like, really. I'm sort of amazed that amongst a full time job, a family, and jogging, he has time to build muscle like that- its not the usual marathoners physique, or not in my experience anyway.

Whoever is editing, they're doing it right now- if it is JR, I wonder if there's any way of having Facebook track an IP. Probably unlikely I guess.

In what way are they being edited? removed?

Looks like pics have been deleted or the access has been changed. The front page had photos on it, they are now not there. Other albums were visible and now aren't. Clearly someone who perhaps shares a pc with JR is doing this.

Not in the Missing posters I-ve seen. That is truly disturbing. That guy cannot stop including himself into everything. Ugh.

He does not design, advise nor work for LostNMissing. We do that with all of our missing posters. And nearly always include the family plea, as well.

if someone who isn't JR has access to her Facebook, I would've thought they'd change her profile pic to the missing poster, or put a public post up asking for help- seems like a good way to reach those closest to her, and, if she's out there somewhere, show her that she's missed. Maybe not everyone thinks that way though.

Fringles, I like your idea of changing her profile photo to a missing poster. That is an excellent idea and I thank you for that. All those that personally know her on her friend list are aware. I also asked him to tag the poster to her page but to wait until I was done with the revised poster. But I really like your idea. Fact is we've always made contact with our missing through friend lists and we put posters on their wall...however, never thought to change the actual profile photo itself. This is a great thought and help to start doing for all of our families of missing!! Again, thank you.

Fringles, I like your idea of changing her profile photo to a missing poster. That is an excellent idea and I thank you for that. All those that personally know her on her friend list are aware. I also asked him to tag the poster to her page but to wait until I was done with the revised poster. But I really like your idea. Fact is we've always made contact with our missing through friend lists and we put posters on their wall...however, never thought to change the actual profile photo itself. This is a great thought and help to start doing for all of our families of missing!! Again, thank you.

Thank you! Im glad you like the idea and hopefully it'll help in some small way- whether on this or another case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member