DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM :)

Main Index: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/index.php

Scroll right down to the bottom of the page and click on "Contact Us"

thread one was pulled for administrative review.. based on social media rules issues. It has been reviewed and restored:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193609&page=23#post8742074

everyone please pay attention to the rules on social media.

Praying for Jennifer that she will be found soon.. She has been gone too long.

Veeeeerrrry quiet in here!
:)

Veeeeerrrry quiet in here!
:)

Thinking of Jennifer.... and am pondering what has happened to the Golden Rule lately...

"It's all about me" seems to be contagious....mothers, children and the disabled; poof :(

Sheriff: Don't inhibit missing mom search

Chenango County Sheriff Ernest Cutting said Friday he is discouraging local citizens from conducting their own searches for Jennifer Ramsaran, the 36-year-old mother of three who has been missing since Dec. 11 under suspicious circumstances.

"They could very well destroy evidence," Cutting told The Daily Star.

snip

Cutting said Ganesh Ramsaran, a marathon runner, continues to be cooperative with investigators.

http://thedailystar.com/localnews/x1746080614/Sheriff-Dont-inhibit-missing-mom-search

Bringing forward from last thread -

“I am not against any searches, that’s the bottom line, but people should work with the authorities,” stated Ramsaran.

snip

Chenango County Sheriff’s Office Lt. Richard Cobb, who is handling the investigation, said while authorities appreciate the interest shown by local residents in helping to find Ramsaran, they will not endorse any search by civilians.

Stated Cobb, “If there is any reason to search an area we would have already searched there or will be searching there. Our greatest concerns with untrained civilians doing this on their own are their safety and the impact they could have on any evidence, if any were found.”

Authorities, of course, have both the proper training and equipment to conduct searches of this kind, he added, while many civilians do not.

http://www.evesun.com/news/stories/2013-01-18/16677/Search-called-off/

Londonrraine, thinking of you, so sorry to hear about your loss.

Chenango County Sheriff Ernest Cutting said Friday he is discouraging local citizens from conducting their own searches for Jennifer Ramsaran, the 36-year-old mother of three who has been missing since Dec. 11 under suspicious circumstances.

I think this is the first time I've seen 'suspicious circumstances'- could just be a journalistic tic (speaking of which, anyone else find the switching between 'the husband' and his name off putting?) but other reports have just said 'missing' as far as I recall.

Also so fed up with this anonymous tipoff about online games with strangers. Hopefully LE is quietly investigating her online profile but it just makes no sense to me that it keeps being included in reports- i could see it being helpful for the public to know if it was a *specific* online game with a call for members of that community to come forward if they played with her, but this just feels odd to me that it keeps cropping up in this nonspecific, anonymous tip way. Unless there really is someone from that field the police are looking at?

Sheriff: Don't inhibit missing mom search

“I am not against any searches, that’s the bottom line, but people should work with the authorities,” stated Ramsaran.

snip

Chenango County Sheriff’s Office Lt. Richard Cobb, who is handling the investigation, said while authorities appreciate the interest shown by local residents in helping to find Ramsaran, they will not endorse any search by civilians.

Authorities, of course, have both the proper training and equipment to conduct searches of this kind, he added, while many civilians do not.

http://www.evesun.com/news/stories/2013-01-18/16677/Search-called-off/
~ respectfully snipped for space

I for one am very glad I didn't wait for LE to say "Hold on. We've got this, everyone. Stay calm, stay quiet, and stay home" before my community banded together to search for my autistic son, who never returned from school one day. He was found safe by one of those very community members. If not, the outcome would have been disastrous, as we live in a very rural area, surrounded by forests, ravines, creeks, a large river, a large lake, and dozens of deep ponds.

I wonder what the statistics are for botched cases involving community members destroying evidence while coming together to search for one of their own? I mean, have there been murder cases thrown out because a civilian found a piece of evidence? Have murderers walked free because community members touched something they shouldn't have?

I think it's a bit insulting for anyone (including LE) to assume that we're all uninformed dolts who are going to go out trampling all over God's green Earth, pick things up that we may think is evidence, wave them in the air and shout out, "Hey! Over here! Look what I found! Check this out!" before stuffing them in our pockets.

I also wonder about the stats involving how many family members, friends, and community members who *didn't* come together to help find their missing family members, who regret that decision, after the worst possible outcome? Sure that data is impossible to come by, but I'm also confident that it wouldn't look good on a spread sheet.

This linked was provided by someone from the Help Find Jennifer FB page. It's very telling.

http://www.theindependent.com/news/...cle_dd02a27e-9a4f-11e1-8ca8-001a4bcf887a.html

(snipped for space)
“The Police Department is overwhelmed with cases, and they can only do so much,” she said. “But if the community comes together, maybe we can get results.”
Nebraska State Patrol Lt. Dennis Leonard has worked a number of missing persons cases. He isn’t involved with the search for Lawson-Arredondo but said most cases such as this have two stages: the period right after the person goes missing and the period after time has passed.
In the week following a disappearance, law enforcement officials use tactics to identify and track where a person was last seen, where she/he has been sighted, where debit and credit cards have been used, etc. Once that trail goes cold, it gets harder to find leads, he said.

~ respectfully snipped for space

I for one am very glad I didn't wait for LE to say "Hold on. We've got this, everyone. Stay calm, stay quiet, and stay home" before my community banded together to search for my autistic son, who never returned from school one day. He was found safe by one of those very community members. If not, the outcome would have been disastrous, as we live in a very rural area, surrounded by forests, ravines, creeks, a large river, a large lake, and dozens of deep ponds.

I wonder what the statistics are for botched cases involving community members destroying evidence while coming together to search for one of their own? I mean, have there been murder cases thrown out because a civilian found a piece of evidence? Have murderers walked free because community members touched something they shouldn't have?

I think it's a bit insulting for anyone (including LE) to assume that we're all uninformed dolts who are going to go out trampling all over God's green Earth, pick things up that we may think is evidence, wave them in the air and shout out, "Hey! Over here! Look what I found! Check this out!" before stuffing them in our pockets.

I also wonder about the stats involving how many family members, friends, and community members who *didn't* come together to help find their missing family members, who regret that decision, after the worst possible outcome? Sure that data is impossible to come by, but I'm also confident that it wouldn't look good on a spread sheet.

This linked was provided by someone from the Help Find Jennifer FB page. It's very telling.

http://www.theindependent.com/news/...cle_dd02a27e-9a4f-11e1-8ca8-001a4bcf887a.html

(snipped for space)
“The Police Department is overwhelmed with cases, and they can only do so much,” she said. “But if the community comes together, maybe we can get results.”
Nebraska State Patrol Lt. Dennis Leonard has worked a number of missing persons cases. He isn’t involved with the search for Lawson-Arredondo but said most cases such as this have two stages: the period right after the person goes missing and the period after time has passed.
In the week following a disappearance, law enforcement officials use tactics to identify and track where a person was last seen, where she/he has been sighted, where debit and credit cards have been used, etc. Once that trail goes cold, it gets harder to find leads, he said.

Yes, Jillian, without the public's help via communication technology, media management, & social sites, many, if not most missing/murdered persons cases would simply grow cold.. as in the past..
The leadership of Law Enforcement organizations that utilizes the same investigative strategies today, that they used yesterday, will not be there tomorrow, imo.

The top law enforcement agency in the world has come to this realization; the FBI. Many high profile cases investigated by the FBI were solved in 2012 due to them reaching out for the assistance of the American public.

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2010/january/social_010710/our-newest-social-media-initiatives

The Portable FBI
Our Newest Social Media Initiatives

01/08/10

A free mobile phone application featuring FBI updates has been downloaded more than 670,000 times in more than 70 countries since last February.
More than 35 million people visited the FBI website last year, but many of you prefer your own corners of the Internet, whether it's a personal webpage, blog, networking site, or some other space.

That's why in recent years we’ve worked to bring our information to where you are in the online world. We've built a series of widgets that let you host our news, fugitives, missing kids, and other content on your website or blog. We’ve laid down roots on popular social media sites—Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and iTunes—and started generating dynamic news feeds that can be plugged into and read through various applications, readers, and webpages. And we've launched an e-mail alert service that now has nearly 150,000 subscribers, bringing our latest information right to your inbox or wireless device.

Today, we’re highlighting three new and improved social media initiatives that take the portable FBI concept a step further.

Video Widget: For months, you've been able to watch our many feature videos on this website or on YouTube. Now, you can watch them wherever you want in cyberspace—thanks to our new video widget.

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011/february/wanted_022211/wanted_022211
To Catch a Fugitive
New Tools to Find FBI's Most Wanted

02/22/11

For more than 60 years, the FBI has created posters to enlist the public's help in capturing fugitives or finding missing persons. Olympic bomber Eric Rudolph, CIA shooter Mir Aimal Kansi, World Trade Center bomber Ramzi Yousef—the captured fugitives were all on FBI wanted posters distributed and shared around the world.

Now, thanks to a recent redesign of the FBI.gov Most Wanted section, the public has more tools to help us close cases of suspected murderers, terrorists, bank robbers, and kidnapped and missing individuals.

“Tips and leads from the public are crucial in fugitive investigations,” said Special Agent Bradley Bryant, who works with local law enforcement agencies on cold cases through our Violent Crime Apprehension Program, or ViCAP

Noted that when husband found his wife's cell phone, he "helped authorities," not impeded nor inhibited the investigation:

Snipped

Ganesh Ramsaran helped authorities find his wife's IPhone on Dec. 12, using a software application designed for locating missing cell phones.

http://thedailystar.com/localnews/x1746080614/Sheriff-Dont-inhibit-missing-mom-search

According to this article, as of Friday, Cutting is still waiting to receive Jennifer's cell phone records. Husband "helped" LE find cell on December 12, 2012:

Snipped

Investigators are still awaiting her telephone records, Cutting said Friday.

What's taking so long for LE to receive Jennifer's cell phone records? It's been over a month.

Is anything impeding or inhibiting release of her cell phone records to LE, or is this long wait common in a missing person's case?

Noted that when husband found his wife's cell phone, he "helped authorities," not impeded nor inhibited the investigation:

Snipped

Ganesh Ramsaran helped authorities find his wife's IPhone on Dec. 12, using a software application designed for locating missing cell phones.

According to this article, as of Friday, Cutting is still waiting to receive Jennifer's cell phone records. Husband "helped" LE find cell on December 12, 2012:

Snipped

Investigators are still awaiting her telephone records, Cutting said Friday.

What's taking so long for LE to receive Jennifer's cell phone records? It's been over a month.

Is anything impeding or inhibiting release of her cell phone records to LE, or is this long wait common in a missing person's case?

Deja vu, epiphany... GA 2009 abduction victim Kristi Cornwell's brother Richard flew in from TN to immediately locate her remains due to a cell phone ping. The GBI knew about the ping location, but delayed the search due to the Christmas Holiday season...Leave it to the professionals, huh?..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-finds-charred-remains-16-month-search.html

Brother finds his sister’s charred remains after 16-month search following her roadside abduction

'We're thankful that Kristi can now have a proper burial that she deserves,' Richard Cornwell told reporters at a news conference, his voice cracking.
He was conducting his own search of a two square mile area based on intelligence given to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation when he found his sister who was last seen on August 11, 2009.

Footnote: Richard Cornwell, also flew in to locate her blue tooth and flip flop, that LE had missed on the original search of the abduction site.. She was the victim of a bump & grab abduction-Union co., GA 09/2009..

I think this trail (the famed Finger Lakes Trail) needs to be a part of the search area too out in the Pharsalia area as it traverses State Route 23 just west of where he cell phone was found.

http://www.cnyhiking.com/FLT-PharsaliaWMA.htm

Oh Gosh....

There are just so many places to go searching for Jennifer!

I can't imagine anyone not wanting help from searchers....

:dunno:

I think this is the first time I've seen 'suspicious circumstances'- could just be a journalistic tic (speaking of which, anyone else find the switching between 'the husband' and his name off putting?) but other reports have just said 'missing' as far as I recall.

Also so fed up with this anonymous tipoff about online games with strangers. Hopefully LE is quietly investigating her online profile but it just makes no sense to me that it keeps being included in reports- i could see it being helpful for the public to know if it was a *specific* online game with a call for members of that community to come forward if they played with her, but this just feels odd to me that it keeps cropping up in this nonspecific, anonymous tip way. Unless there really is someone from that field the police are looking at?

"A friend of the family, speaking on the condition of anonymity, has said that Jennifer Ramsaran frequently played online games with strangers."
http://thedailystar.com/localnews/x1746080614/Sheriff-Dont-inhibit-missing-mom-search --quoted from the most recent article

It really is misleading when they keep talking about the online gaming. In the beginning, it definitely had me imagining a story in which she ran off with some online suitor. And I think that's exactly what GR wants us to think. This "friend of the family" could very well be a *friend of GR*.

"A friend of the family, speaking on the condition of anonymity, has said that Jennifer Ramsaran frequently played online games with strangers."
http://thedailystar.com/localnews/x1746080614/Sheriff-Dont-inhibit-missing-mom-search --quoted from the most recent article

It really is misleading when they keep talking about the online gaming. In the beginning, it definitely had me imagining a story in which she ran off with some online suitor. And I think that's exactly what GR wants us to think. This "friend of the family" could very well be a *friend of GR*.

I believe that's the same "friend of the family" who added this as well:

Snipped

...had begun discussing the possibility of separating from her husband and had made new online gaming friends through her iPhone account, a family friend said Tuesday.

"It sounded like she was developing an emotional attachment to somebody," said a source who spoke to The Daily Star on the condition of anonymity. "If there was somebody showing her an awful lot of attention, I could see her being misled." Meanwhile, Chenango County Sheriff Ernest Cutting Jr. confirmed that investigators have not ruled out the possibility that Ramsaran may have met foul play.

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2012/12/19/6804935.htm

But even husband has asserted that Jennifer would "NEVER EVER" abandon them willingly:

Snipped

"Jen would NEVER EVER leave our kids and I willingly," the posting continued. "She has never left home and not keep in contact within 2-3 hours via phone or text. She would never miss our daughters' Winter Concert last night or her birthday tomorrow. I hate to say this but I have given up hope that she'll be found safe and sound. The kids and I miss her so much, her laugh, her quirkiness, just everything. Today I went to Walmart and I grabbed my cell to call home and ask her a question about which item I should purchase and reality smacked me in the face and I started crying uncontrollably! That was rough! I am strong and I know the kids and I will get through this."

But even husband has asserted that Jennifer would "NEVER EVER" abandon them willingly:

Snipped

"Jen would NEVER EVER leave our kids and I willingly," the posting continued. "She has never left home and not keep in contact within 2-3 hours via phone or text. She would never miss our daughters' Winter Concert last night or her birthday tomorrow. I hate to say this but I have given up hope that she'll be found safe and sound. The kids and I miss her so much, her laugh, her quirkiness, just everything. Today I went to Walmart and I grabbed my cell to call home and ask her a question about which item I should purchase and reality smacked me in the face and I started crying uncontrollably! That was rough! I am strong and I know the kids and I will get through this."

Very weird! That's quite a contradiction, to say on one hand that she would NEVER EVER leave the kids and himself (not only the kids, but himself, he said) willingly, and on the other hand, be giving all these reasons for why she must have done just that. Right at the beginning, he was saying both. Maybe he was throwing both possibilities out there to see what stuck, and then when he realized people were looking at HIM with suspicion, he continued on with the story of her having left.

And if he truly thinks she left willingly, why not make a public plea for her to return? Even Ivy Merck's parents eventually spoke with Jane Valez Mitchell and pleaded with their daughter to come home. Seems like he'd be begging for JR to come home, for many reasons - for the sake of the kids, so that he would no longer be under suspicion, and because he'd be worried about her safety.

He keeps insisting that he's working with authorities, and doesn't want anyone to do anything to hinder the investigation. This statement is very convenient for him, because a) he portrays himself as being fully cooperative, and b) he doesn't have to do anything extra to find her (no PI, no press conference, no public pleas, etc) because it's not what LE wants. Very convenient.

Very weird! That's quite a contradiction, to say on one hand that she would NEVER EVER leave the kids and himself (not only the kids, but himself, he said) willingly, and on the other hand, be giving all these reasons for why she must have dont just that. Right at the beginning, he was saying both. Maybe he was throwing both possibilities out there to see what stuck, and then when he realized people were looking at HIM with suspicion, he continued on with the story of her having left.

And if he truly thinks she left willingly, why not make a public plea for her to return? Even Ivy Merck's parents eventually spoke with Jane Valez Mitchell and pleaded with their daughter to come home. Seems like he'd be begging for JR to come home, for many reasons - for the sake of the kids, so that he would no longer be under suspicion, and because he'd be worried about her safety.

He keeps insisting that he's working with authorities, and doesn't want anyone to do anything to hinder the investigation. This statement is very convenient for him, because a) he portrays himself as being fully cooperative, and b) he doesn't have to do anything extra to find her (no PI, no press conference, no public pleas, etc) because it's not what LE wants. Very convenient.

krey, can you please link me up to where GR says Jennifer left willingly and to where he lists the reasons she must have? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member