Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One case that came to my mind is Linnea Lomax, she was found by her mother very sad story. They had a search area set up very early on. LE worked with volunteers daily.

I must say I'm a little confused as to why LE wouldn't work with volunteers wanting to help find Jennifer. Volunteers help on many cases, I don't see why this case would be or should be any different.

Ima

What about Bryan Glenn, Kevin Fry..

granted, they were younger but still - family/friends/volunteers helped lead searches.

Marianne Lomax made the horrific discovery while searching in the area of Glenn Hall Park with volunteers from the KlaasKids Foundation. (Again... with a professional team.)

Lavanda,

I did say with LE's help. I don't recall when KlaaseKids came in but there were volunteers helping even before KK got involved, and like I said LE and or a professional did help the volunteers.

I don't think anyone is arguing that they should be searching on their own. The questions is why aren't searches being planned either thru LE or a professional search team.

So very little info on Jennifer, I can certainly understand the questions everyone has here.

Ima

I do not think suicide, but it cannot be ruled out. Do you know that last year we held a Shining Hope Event in Texas for a missing young man in a very rural area. The best location was a small grocery store parking lot. A couple of my staff, his mother and family and a scant few from the community came and attended. His body was found 2 months later hanging from a tree in the back of the very grocery store that we held the event.

If there would have been a 'search party' rather than an 'event', don't you think they would have found him that day instead of two months later? Not trying to be snarky, and we so appreciate your care for the missing, but I can't understand how you can find someone without looking KWIM?

jmo

Marianne Lomax made the horrific discovery while searching in the area of Glenn Hall Park with volunteers from the KlaasKids Foundation. (Again... with a professional team.)

Whitney Heichel's friends and family searched for her before LE was even involved. It was due to what they found that LE became involved. They were looking hours after she went missing and were looking for a live Whitney. I don't think searches necessarily have to mean looking for a deceased person.

If I may ask...where are they supposed to do this search? Just curious. Because the majority of the PD we work with will not authorize even professional SAR teams to do any searches without a tip or lead or direction to search. Even professional SAR teams will not search without police approval and assistance. They will not come in and do a search without it. Remember, PD did conduct initial searches in the area the cell phone was found with dogs, on foot and helicopters.
The problem that I have...truly...with all these talks of searches is that it says the community has already decided that a body is to be found? That is not going to help the cause of wanting the public to share information to hang her missing posters in store front windows...because if a lot are convinced she is not alive...then she could literally be right next to someone and they are not going to pay any mind:( The community needs to look for a LIVING Jennifer and let the PD, the professional searchers, CUE, or whomever otherwise the PD chooses...to do the searching. Everyone else is free to search their own property...every inch of it. (possible contamination is narrowed down to one or two people as opposed to 15-30 people in a group search by nonprofessionals)

Sorry, but if people never organized searches for their loved ones, a lot of the missing that are truly deceased would have never been found.

One case that came to my mind is Linnea Lomax, she was found by her mother very sad story. They had a search area set up very early on. LE worked with volunteers daily.

I must say I'm a little confused as to why LE wouldn't work with volunteers wanting to help find Jennifer. Volunteers help on many cases, I don't see why this case would be or should be any different.

Ima

Also Michelle Le.

I do not think suicide, but it cannot be ruled out. Do you know that last year we held a Shining Hope Event in Texas for a missing young man in a very rural area. The best location was a small grocery store parking lot. A couple of my staff, his mother and family and a scant few from the community came and attended. His body was found 2 months later hanging from a tree in the back of the very grocery store that we held the event.

This seems to reaffirm many on this board's belief that bodies, and also live missing persons, are not found without a search.

How unfortunate for the family of that individual that there wasn't a search rather than an "event".

I don't know the answer to the cooking question but I do know that there were quite a bit of pictures on her FB of meals and recent holidays. She took pride it seemed on her domestic abilities. Anyone else see them? I want to say as recent as Thanksgiving.

Yes, I saw all the photos of the lovely meals and platters of food that JR posted this past Thanksgiving. I went through her photo albums quite a few times and from memory one of the very last photos that JR posted, this past December, was a beautifully decorated Christmas tree in her home.

IMO

Yes, I saw all the photos of the lovely meals and platters of food that JR posted this past Thanksgiving. I went through her photo albums quite a few times and from memory one of the very last photos that JR posted, this past December, was a beautifully decorated Christmas tree in her home.

IMO

Sort of didn't go with the whole idea that she stopped cooking months prior to her disappearance, right?

I just can't help shake the notion that a lot of the "facts" put out into the media, assumingly from GR seem to try to portray her in a light that really doesn't depict who she REALLY is.

What's bothersome to me is the painting a picture (IMO) to set the stage of an emotionally fragile, struggling with her weight, SAHM, into a secrecy of online gaming, who up and left her beloved family - all the while, GR claiming she would never leave.

Nothing flows ...

Again, this is just my opinion.

Any word locals on this new update of GR going to be interviewed? When, where?

According to WBNG noon news, it was reported an interview was being done today at the home of GR.

You mentioned Lavanda, "where are they suppose to search, without a tip, or lead or direction." Refer to post 472 by OffRoadRunner. He refers to several areas that need to be searched which I agree. LE should start with those areas, cross them off, and continue to another area. If Jennifer is deceased, how will she be found if there are no searches involved? We can't just assume she left, because in my opinion she did not.

You mentioned Lavanda, "where are they suppose to search, without a tip, or lead or direction." Refer to post 472 by OffRoadRunner. He refers to several areas that need to be searched which I agree. LE should start with those areas, cross them off, and continue to another area. If Jennifer is deceased, how will she be found if there are no searches involved? We can't just assume she left, because in my opinion she did not.

How many trials have we watched where the defense team says they didn't look into this or that, then the prosecution puts LE on the stand and they tell about the different teams they had looking into different leads.

It is fine and wonderful even to have people searching and "sharing" only for an alive Jennifer, but IMO it doesn't do anyone any favors to pretend that there isn't a chance she is already deceased. There can (and SHOULD) be another division of the team searching for a deceased Jennifer. Each division of the team is still on Team Jennifer.

ETA: I agree with the above quoted post.

I just don't understand why there weren't large scale searches at the time Jennifer went missing. but there's no point wondering that now I guess.

Looking forward to seeing the interview.

The snow is almost all melted.. going to be near 60 tomorrow so that will really help. This is what the dog teams need!! And it'll make all the searches that much more effective for sure. I know I'm for one going to be out in the local area looking for her!!

Lavonda - see my post like Clayton states on 472 for areas to check. I would add on Cooley Road / Lower Chenango Lake Road down near State Route 23 to the list as there is a deep ravine off that road as well.

I have a hard time replying to the question "Where would you search??" - from someone missing their wife??? Seriously... the question is "Where would you NOT search?"

All forensics are still in the testing stages and has not been released to the husband as to any results, if completed, as yet. Again..probably will not release those results as many investigations do not want info leaked. As in all cases I am sure luminol and fingerprinting have been done as well as DNA testing on anything that may have seemed like it could be a spot of something, etc. All routine. Nobody knows if she indeed made it to the mall. That would certainly help to know that information. Nor does anyone know exactly when the van was truly left in that location. Only by what a witness stated as to how long she believed it was there.

BBM - How long does the witness believe it was there??

(Catching up, please forgive if this has already been asked and answered)

ETA: I see that it was already asked :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member