Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(BBM)
It's clear that the GF does not think GR is involved, which makes me wonder what she thinks.

~respectfully snipped for space~

IMO, anyone who would sleep with their best friend's husband is severely lacking in morals and decency. Therefore, I wouldn't put it past such a person to simply choose to turn a blind eye if they at all suspected that foul play had occurred. Also, it might feel very convenient and relieving to have a certain "nuisance" out of the way -- it would lessen the guilt/worry, and also free things up for a continuance of the affair. I, too, have wondered if more than one person was involved here (treading carefully). But even if not, then I wouldn't doubt that she'd be happy to just assume that JR ran away.
:furious:

You all are making great comments and observations!!! Sorry that I haven't been around as much the past 2 days - I'm trying to multi-task between being here, watching Jodi Arias drone on and on on the witness stand, and getting some laundry done. But I'm reading every post, and agree with most of what you're all saying!!

OffRoadRunner, thanks for the info about school times, and yes the 10:30 statement is true - I was replying to the post from Dillysmom asking where we are if we remove all reference to the trip to the mall, as as far as we know it is only GR who's said that was happening - which as far as I know leaves us with no info after the kids leave for school. Not sure if that was what she meant, but that's what I was looking at!

Helicopters over Plymouth Reservoir and state land there today.

~respectfully snipped for space~

IMO, anyone who would sleep with their best friend's husband is severely lacking in morals and decency. Therefore, I wouldn't put it past such a person to simply choose to turn a blind eye if they at all suspected that foul play had occurred. Also, it might feel very convenient and relieving to have a certain "nuisance" out of the way -- it would lessen the guilt/worry, and also free things up for a continuance of the affair. I, too, have wondered if more than one person was involved here (treading carefully). But even if not, then I wouldn't doubt that she'd be happy to just assume that JR ran away.
:furious:

You all are making great comments and observations!!! Sorry that I haven't been around as much the past 2 days - I'm trying to muti-task between being here, watching Jodi Arias drone on and on on the witness stand, and get some laundry done. But I'm reading every post, and agree with most of what you're all saying!!

I know what you mean and I completely agree about lacking in morals and decency. However, I do think there's a line between having an affair with someone, and covering up a murder. I think it's definitely possible that it is as you say, but I also think that it would take a pretty sick or frightened bunny to be that way.

I don't think it's impossible at all that she knows what happened, or that she's merely as susceptible to his charms as some others have seemed to be and so doesn't think he's anything to do with it, but I think a normal person, no matter what they'd been doing prior, if they DID suspect physical harm, wouldn't be swayed by whether or not they'd been sleeping with someone.

iPhone, sorry about lack of link.

If GR's time of reference to JR's "change" is 6-9 months, doesn't that correlate with RB's time frame of affair?

Can we pull out the mall and go the same direction withOUT the mall in play? Since GR is the only one who has stated that is where JR was headed. I'd like to see what happens without it...

I agree that the affair is the reason JR is missing. My personal opinion is that she confronted one or both parties.

MOO

I think we may want to keep the mileage to and/or from the mall: the mall story may be trying to explain the mileage and/or gas usage of the van????

Reminds me of the Long Island Lolita/ Joey Buttafuco from looooong ago.

RB-I know it's been said many times before, but thank you so very much for being here.

As far as JR's weight loss and behavior: It's very likely, imo that she might have had an idea about the affair, but maybe didn't want to try confirming it until her Mom and Dad were gone. It's a very painful and private matter.
I don't think for one minute she tried to lose weight to make herself more appealing to GR. I think most women know that once the affair is happening, there isn't much she can do as far as that goes. And if it were as simple as wanting to look appealing to GR, wouldn't she have done it years ago?
I think she felt there was an affair, and that made her lose weight and maybe even made her resentful/spiteful/ or just plain not give a frick about what he thought anymore. That would explain her "changes" and the comment about the kids missing their old mom, not the mom she had been recently.

I'm also thinking LE knows what's going on. I wasn't so convinced before, but now that it's blatantly obvious what was going on behind closed doors I'm sure LE knows about the affair, which would make it down right impossible for them to not want to look at GR long and hard.
As another poster stated above-if they thought she had ran off they probably would have at least put it out there as a possibility.
The fact that they don't want people searching for fear of destroying evidence tells me they feel strongly that a crime has been committed.
Also with the van-it would be hard to find evidence of a suspect in that van if it were someone who was in the van previously/often.
We haven't heard anything about "forensics" from the computer because odds are there isn't anything on there regarding running off with some online beau, or just running off period.
Same thing with the phone...weren't there "pages and pages" of texts and information that they were going to have to go through? Pretty sure that it would be done by now, two months later. So why no news release or press conference saying "hey, we now know for sure she was talking to this online beau A LOT, anybody have any additional information about this?"
I'm not saying that LE usually publicly spills everything they learn in these investigations. I'm just saying that if they really are at a loss as to what happened to somebody they will usually slowly put out information to see if it rings a bell for someone.

Great to hear! That is a great place to search. How much snow do you guys have up there? tia

jmo

Ground is just barely covered to 2" in spots.. .not alot! Plymouth Resevoir runs in front of the CCC Truck Trail up in the State Lands on my route I posted yesterday. Great news that they are up in that area!

Living ten minutes from Destiny it just doesn't seem like someone would go the for a few hours. If it took her til 11:30 to get there... why would she even be expected home early.. The mall is enormous. I frequent there a lot and find it impossible to even visit more than one level over several hours. Especially during the holiday rush.

Well, without the mall, I think we have:

- Morning (maybe 8-8:30?): Kids say bye to Jennifer and GR drives kids to school.

And apparently after that we have nothing.

Rick, do you happen to know if anyone aside from GR and her kids spoke to Jennifer that day, saw her, or heard from her at all?

Fringles - I have not heard of anyone aside from GR and the kids who spoke to Jennifer on that particular day. Of course it's possible LE knows of someone and is not revealing that info, not even to the family...

I know what you mean and I completely agree about lacking in morals and decency. However, I do think there's a line between having an affair with someone, and covering up a murder. I think it's definitely possible that it is as you say, but I also think that it would take a pretty sick or frightened bunny to be that way.

I don't think it's impossible at all that she knows what happened, or that she's merely as susceptible to his charms as some others have seemed to be and so doesn't think he's anything to do with it, but I think a normal person, no matter what they'd been doing prior, if they DID suspect physical harm, wouldn't be swayed by whether or not they'd been sleeping with someone.

I get what you're saying, and you're probably right. Thanks for offering a different perspective on it :) I can admittedly be pretty harsh about certain things.

The thing is, though, that an affair is one thing (and is bad enough in and of itself) - but an affair with your BEST FRIEND'S husband is quite another. It really says a lot about what kind of person she is, IMO.

ETA: I guess what I'm trying to say is that maybe she's chosen to bury her head in the sand and not even entertain the suspicion that GR could have harmed JR, because it better suits her selfish purposes. Otherwise, she'd have to wonder if their affair was in any way a factor, and then she'd have to face a certain amount of guilt, etc etc, and I just don't think she'd be wanting or willing to go there.

I get what you're saying, and you're probably right. Thanks for offering a different perspective on it :) I can admittedly be pretty harsh about certain things.

The thing is, though, that an affair is one thing (and is bad enough in and of itself) - but an affair with your BEST FRIEND'S husband is quite another. It really says a lot about what kind of person she is, IMO.

It's true, and I definitely see what you're saying - I don't think it's too harsh, necessarily, at all.

And yeah, especially recently, some things confuse me - a level of activity that we haven't seen before that I don't know what to make of. Do people feel 'safe'? Or is it distancing? Something else? I don't know.

I guess I'm just on the fence as to her involvement - if she's not involved and he is, then she's been taken in, in the worst way, by someone very scary, and in that case I'd feel quite sorry for her. On the other hand, if she does have something to do with it, or knows, given her and Jennifer's relationship.... well.

"According to the Chenango County Sheriff's Office, Jennifer Ramsaran has had no contact whatsoever with family or friends, and there has been no activity on any of her financial or social online accounts."

bbm
http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_268748/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=aFcpEPlv

---------------------
I guess I'm just on the fence as to her involvement - if she's not involved and he is, then she's been taken in, in the worst way, by someone very scary, and in that case I'd feel quite sorry for her. On the other hand, if she does have something to do with it, or knows, given her and Jennifer's relationship.... well.

Imo- it would be an excuse to blame being "taken in", "under a spell" etc.- to excuse her own sorry behavior... there are 5 kids involved, and these folks are not teenagers. Some how they have already rationalized their betrayal- not a far leap to delude oneself as reality is much harder to deal with. The Land of Denial is a much easier place for some to reside.

Imo- it would be an excuse to blame being "taken in", "under a spell" etc.- to excuse her own sorry behavior... there are 5 kids involved, and these folks are not teenagers. Some how they have already rationalized their betrayal- not a far leap to delude oneself as reality is much harder to deal with. The Land of Denial is a much easier place for some to reside.

(snipped)

I was just doing the dishes thinking about what I said, and came back and you'd posted this. You're right. Besides - unless he is significantly different in person (or, the opposite person) from every statement I've seen him make, then it's quite hard for me to believe the GF wouldn't be suspicious.

Yuck.

Living ten minutes from Destiny it just doesn't seem like someone would go the for a few hours. If it took her til 11:30 to get there... why would she even be expected home early.. The mall is enormous. I frequent there a lot and find it impossible to even visit more than one level over several hours. Especially during the holiday rush.

Hi Amanda79:

I agree it seems like a fairly long trip to such a large mall and it makes me wonder why JR didn't leave the house earlier than 10:30. Unless it was just the two specific items she was shopping for that day - her daughter's dress and GR's gift - and nothing else. That seems like a bit of a stretch though....and I agree to be expected home by suppertime is also somewhat optimistic IMHO.

The reason I'm commenting: I was informed that the trip actually takes closer to one and a half hours one way, not one. Is that correct? Does anyone know the actual driving time involved from Jennifer's house to Destiny? Was also told that it was not uncommon for JR to shop at that particular mall, often going alone. Let's just say I have my doubts...

Hi Amanda79:

The reason I'm commenting: I was informed that the trip actually takes closer to one and a half hours one way, not one.

I live 15 minutes closer to the mall than JR. If you go the short direction (SR23, CR16, SR26/80, SR80, SR13, SR20, SR92, SR5, I481, I690, I81 to mall, and are on the gas, you can get there in an hour from here. Normal driving - 75 minutes. If you go the long way (SR23, SR26, SR41 to I81 north via Cortland) it is AT LEAST 1.5 hours from her house one way.

I live 15 minutes closer to the mall than JR. If you go the short direction (SR23, CR16, SR26/80, SR80, SR13, SR20, SR92, SR5, I481, I690, I81 to mall, and are on the gas, you can get there in an hour from here. Normal driving - 75 minutes. If you go the long way (SR23, SR26, SR41 to I81 north via Cortland) it is AT LEAST 1.5 hours from her house one way.

Thanks ORR. I should have guessed you'd be right there with an answer! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inquisitiveone2024