Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A credit card receipt or a prepaid credit card receipt? I wonder what the date is on this receipt.

It would be nice to know what size the lingerie is; Jen's new size, former size or smaller??

I wonder if someone has checked their mail/bills/accounts for prior purchases made before the 11th.

Can't confirm the date, or size.
It was a prepaid visa card.

GR hadn't slept in his bedroom for weeks after JR disappeared, and tried to avoid the room as much as possible. Approximately 5 weeks. Then he decides to look around and finds some items that he allegedly hadn't seen before. He contacts the police, who had weeks earlier allegedly done a thorough search of the home, as stated numerous times in MSM. The police didn't notice these items. GR called the police and they came to the house and either took the items or logged them in. These items included lingerie boxed and neatly wrapped, and a credit card purchase receipt.

Besides the obvious, what is striking about this is that from what I know, police don't usually clean up after searching, and neatly put things back in their proper place. So why weren't these items noticed before?

Why didn't GR do his own search after the police left...just for good measure?

What made him go back into the room he had mostly avoided for quite some time?

BBM - How strange that "GR hadn't slept in his bedroom for weeks after JR disappeared, and tried to avoid the room as much as possible." I wonder if something happened in in that particular room just prior to JR disappearing?. IMO

I guess the lingerie could be a gift Jennifer had bought for someone for Xmas. She may easily have started Xmas shopping prior to the date she went missing.

I would think that it would be easy enough for LE to determine who the prepaid credit card belongs to and who topped it up with credit, if that is what is in question. Perhaps Jennifer's parents gave her prepaid credit from time to time as a gift, if she didn't have money to call her own?

Should have worded it differently:

RB: Do you know if GR's computer is being analyzed too?

Yes. It was included in the 38 items that were removed and sent out for further testing by LE.

For personal reasons I'll be stepping away from the board, at least for a while.

Again I'd like to thank you for the great job you are doing in helping to bring Jennifer home. Please believe me when I say it is truly appreciated, and thanks for allowing me to participate and contribute what I could.

Hope to be checking in from time to time.....

All the best,
rickblaine

For personal reasons I'll be stepping away from the board, at least for a while.

Again I'd like to thank you for the great job you are doing in helping to bring Jennifer home. Please believe me when I say it is truly appreciated, and thanks for allowing me to participate and contribute what I could.

All the best,
rickblaine

Thank you rickblaine for your insight. Jennifer will be found!! Take care.

All the best,
rickblaine

Totally understand rb. Thank you so much for the info your provided and for being so straight to the point and unbiased.
Hopefully Jennifer will be found safe and sound.
Take care of yourself :grouphug:

Thank you for being here, rickblaine, and for sharing what you could. My thoughts are with you.

GR hadn't slept in his bedroom for weeks after JR disappeared, and tried to avoid the room as much as possible. Approximately 5 weeks. Then he decides to look around and finds some items that he allegedly hadn't seen before. He contacts the police, who had weeks earlier allegedly done a thorough search of the home, as stated numerous times in MSM. The police didn't notice these items. GR called the police and they came to the house and either took the items or logged them in. These items included lingerie boxed and neatly wrapped, and a credit card purchase receipt.

Besides the obvious, what is striking about this is that from what I know, police don't usually clean up after searching, and neatly put things back in their proper place. So why weren't these items noticed before?

Why didn't GR do his own search after the police left...just for good measure?

What made him go back into the room he had mostly avoided for quite some time?

Very interesting.
I would think not sleeping in the room could mean something happened to JR in that room. I would think someone that believes in psychics would also believe in ghosts.
Or maybe it was too painful for him to be in that room without JR.

As for the lingerie - how would police miss something like this unless it was well hidden?
It would be interesting to know what size they were. I would assume JR's size as I believe they were put there to back up the JR met someone online and ran off with them.
If these were a gift from a man JR met and ran away with, why would she not take the beautiful lingerie this man just bought her with her?
If they are running off together surely he would be offended if she left such a nice gift behind?
If they were not there when LE searched and were purchased weeks after JR disappeared. Who would have done this?
I would think GR could have done this with cash at the time as his face wasn't widely circulated.
Now of course it has been, I would think the girl who worked at the lingerie shop and would have assisted him would have remembered him and called LE.
I would think a male purchasing lingerie would be a small amount of the customers.
They also usually need to help and would then be engaged in a conversation with the sales girl.
A woman on the other hand could buy lingerie using cash (if the size was different to hers she could just say they were a gift for her sister etc) and the sales girl wouldn't bat an eyelid.
Perhaps GR asked a female to buy lingerie for JR for xmas as he believed she would be back by then?
Now I wonder what female in GR's life would be willing to do that....

As for the credit card. I'm not sure what a prepaid visa is? I have a visa but it is linked to my bank account. Is it like a prepaid phone, as in it can't be traced?

Very interesting.
I would think not sleeping in the room could mean something happened to JR in that room. I would think someone that believes in psychics would also believe in ghosts.
Or maybe it was too painful for him to be in that room without JR.

As for the lingerie - how would police miss something like this unless it was well hidden?
It would be interesting to know what size they were. I would assume JR's size as I believe they were put there to back up the JR met someone online and ran off with them.
If these were a gift from a man JR met and ran away with, why would she not take the beautiful lingerie this man just bought her with her?
If they are running off together surely he would be offended if she left such a nice gift behind?
If they were not there when LE searched and were purchased weeks after JR disappeared. Who would have done this?
I would think GR could have done this with cash at the time as his face wasn't widely circulated.
Now of course it has been, I would think the girl who worked at the lingerie shop and would have assisted him would have remembered him and called LE.
I would think a male purchasing lingerie would be a small amount of the customers.
They also usually need to help and would then be engaged in a conversation with the sales girl.
A woman on the other hand could buy lingerie using cash (if the size was different to hers she could just say they were a gift for her sister etc) and the sales girl wouldn't bat an eyelid.
Perhaps GR asked a female to buy lingerie for JR for xmas as he believed she would be back by then?
Now I wonder what female in GR's life would be willing to do that....

As for the credit card. I'm not sure what a prepaid visa is? I have a visa but it is linked to my bank account. Is it like a prepaid phone, as in it can't be traced?
Prepaid Visa's are like any other gift card. You can buy one in any CVS or drug store. They come in different $ amounts, and can be reloaded. I think that if you pay for these with cash, they're not likely to trace it to the person using the card.
These prepaid VISA's are great for shopping online, btw!

Funny....not able to sleep in Jenn's bedroom, but I wonder if they weren't sleeping together when she went missing?

O/T - Jillian, are y'all in the middle of the blizzard right now?
Boy did we get snow! And I don't like snow much. It's pretty, but I can't even see our car or see through our windows, which is kind of freaky.
Jilllian loves the snow, so does my kid, so Yaaayyyyy for the snow lovers!

:/ Flip phone user here, btw. I think we're probably the "over 35 group?" Wait, that can't be right. My Mom says that she's 35. :what:

Prepaid Visa's are like any other gift card. You can buy one in any CVS or drug store. They come in different $ amounts, and can be reloaded. I think that if you pay for these with cash, they're not likely to trace it to the person using the card.

Funny....not able to sleep in Jenn's bedroom, but I wonder if they weren't sleeping together when she went missing?

Are prepaid Visa's just like gift cards from a store (like from Barnes and Noble or Hobby Lobby) in that they're anonymous, as long as they're paid for in cash, like you said? Except they can be used anywhere Visa is accepted, rather than for a specific store? I guess my question is redundant, but I just want to make sure I understand. I've never purchased or used one before.

BBM - How strange that "GR hadn't slept in his bedroom for weeks after JR disappeared, and tried to avoid the room as much as possible." I wonder if something happened in in that particular room just prior to JR disappearing?. IMO

This thought is very insightful!! I would think that either a) you're right on target there, or b) he didn't stay away from it to quite the extent that he claims, but saying that he did made for a convenient story as to why he would discover items so long after she went missing.

Jumping back to the topic of hair clippings left either in the sink or in the trash along with the remnants of a hair coloring or lightening it that was discussed way back...

Wondering how plausible it is that the hair clippings were planted in that bathroom after something sinister happened to Jennifer.

Seems if someone were to purposely up and leave, they wouldn't make it look obvious, and would clean up their mess. Also, remember ~ this wasn't discovered until later on that night, if I recall correctly.

Statistically speaking, if Jennifer were one of the 1% (depending on what research you read) of mothers who abandon their children, and start a new life, one would do so in a less obvious manner.

And now knowing that the Friday before she disappeared (I think it was Friday), that she had just gotten a haircut.... must be she didn't like the haircut if she went all and cut it up (someone wasn't thinking too clearly - another pointer to the spontaneity of it all IMO).

Are prepaid Visa's just like gift cards from a store (like from Barnes and Noble or Hobby Lobby) in that they're anonymous, as long as they're paid for in cash, like you said? Except they can be used anywhere Visa is accepted, rather than for a specific store? I guess my question is redundant, but I just want to make sure I understand. I've never purchased or used one before.

Visa Prepaid Card

The Visa Prepaid card is a reloadable Visa card* you load with money to use everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. You can pay bills, shop online and off, get direct deposit, and more. No credit check or prior bank account is typically needed – simply sign up, add money, and start using it. Go open a new world with Visa Prepaid.

http://usa.visa.com/personal/cards/prepaid/prepaid-card.html

Exactly, its just like any other gift card, and you can use them anywhere Visa is accepted.

Very interesting.
I would think not sleeping in the room could mean something happened to JR in that room.

~respectfully snipped~

You and enzeder had the same thought - you might be onto something!

Just a note about the gift card. Where I work we sell a few different kinds. The normal ones, in dollar increments that you can buy and the register activates the purchasing power so to speak. The reloadable ones are almost like regular cc these days with new rules. When you buy the actual card you can load up to $500 on them. You go home and call the company and give them all your personal information including ssn. Then when you buy a reload kit, you go home and add the $ to the card you purchased initially.

I am lurker pretty much on this thread. I do think there are some strange twists and turns and coincedenses so far. I sincerely hope JR is found soon. There needs to be closure for the children. While I have my doubts she ran away with someone on the internet, I always hold out hope the spouse is telling the truth and had nothing to with it.

Kelly

All the best,
rickblaine

Sad to see you go, RB. You've contributed so much here. You're a very strong, diplomatic and helpful voice in this case. You'll be missed greatly. I hope all's well and that you can continue to check in from time to time.

Krey- Sorry to quote myself, but just to add..... I saw on the Bonny Anne Cooner case where her sister was trying to place a craigslist ad in the lost and found of every major city in the country, just in case she was out there somewhere. GR doesn't seem to have done ANYTHING until Lavanda came on board. 6 weeks passed before he did anything at all to try to get the word out about her, aside from fb posters. There was so much more he could have done, if he thought she was out there somewhere. And even if he was pissed off that she left, he should have wanted to find her ASAP for the sake of the kids, kwim?

<RS>

Has he done ANYTHING except flyers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members