Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The majority of forensic testing should have been completed awhile ago- I cannot find an online monthly report for case turnaround for the NYS Crime Lab. However, for reference- Ohio turnaround on DNA on average is 20 days. Basic forensics; blood work, trace evidence , etc. can be completed in 24-72 hours in any state lab.

This thing about finding the hidden lingerie is bizarre. Sounds like something out of a novel...

GR hadn't slept in his bedroom for weeks after JR disappeared, and tried to avoid the room as much as possible. Approximately 5 weeks. Then he decides to look around and finds some items that he allegedly hadn't seen before. He contacts the police, who had weeks earlier allegedly done a thorough search of the home, as stated numerous times in MSM. The police didn't notice these items. GR called the police and they came to the house and either took the items or logged them in. These items included lingerie boxed and neatly wrapped, and a credit card purchase receipt.

Besides the obvious, what is striking about this is that from what I know, police don't usually clean up after searching, and neatly put things back in their proper place. So why weren't these items noticed before?

Why didn't GR do his own search after the police left...just for good measure?

What made him go back into the room he had mostly avoided for quite some time?

So let me get this strait....
I've never had my home searched, but if I did (for a missing spouse and guilt was not driving my actions) after LE left I would be allll up in my rooms. I'd want to know what they took, and what they didn't. I'd want to ensure they didn't overlook things I felt were "important" to the investigation. I'd check to see if they dusted for fingerprints (that dust everywhere would probably drive me bat***** so I'd wanna clean it up right away). I'd want to check to make sure nothing was broken, and for me-I'd want to clean up any mess as quickly as possible. ESPECIALLY if I still had kids in the house-one of the few "easy" things I could do to give them a sense of normalcy.
Assuming she just up and left...he would miss her even if he were disappointed in her. Oftentimes the bedroom is where most married couples talk about the important "stuff", especially if they have kids. That's where he could go to think about her, or even "smell her smell". There are usually good memories in a couples bedroom (not just sexual ones).
So in those 5 weeks, he never once went in there to think, or to feel closer to her, or to check out the "aftermath" of the search? I would be combing through everything my missing spouse had regular contact with , just to try to find something, anything, that might help me find him. He didn't think in those 5 weeks "Maybe I need to go in there and check it out for myself? Maybe I should go see if I can figure out what clothes/shoes she took"...He wants to be so helpful and cooperative to LE, but he never tried to do one of the easiest things he could?
And THEN when he does finally go in there to look around....the only thing he finds of relevance is some lingerie she "secretly" bought? The only thing he finds is something that could further prove the "she was talking to someone else and probably met up with him" story? Really??????
And imo, the idea that she "secretly" bought some lingerie means absolutely nothing. I don't consult my husband when I do that. 9 times out of 10 it's SUPPOSED to be a surprise for him!!!! And the fact that it was gift wrapped also means absolutely nothing. Maybe she was going to give it to him as a "gift". DUH!:banghead:

I wish someone could explain why what shoes she had on have not been identified?
Maybe because she never got to put on the shoes she planned on wearing?
I mean, it's wintertime- surely she does not have 20 pair of boots or warm shoes that would be suitable for mall walking - especially with metal pins in her toes.

If not her husband, her mother or oldest daughter would know what pair is missing.

Good point about why shoes/boots are not listed on missing posters esp since upstate NY.

LD stated Jennifer had so much clothing that it is difficult to know which clothing items, if any, are missing.

It seems unlikely that she had a closet of winter boots/shoes and therefore, no one can figure out which ones she was wearing that day.

Could be she never left the home alive that morning...that's where I'm at.

Boots/shoes are usually the last thing to put on when one's leaving the home.

And imo, the idea that she "secretly" bought some lingerie means absolutely nothing. I don't consult my husband when I do that. 9 times out of 10 it's SUPPOSED to be a surprise for him!!!! And the fact that it was gift wrapped also means absolutely nothing. Maybe she was going to give it to him as a "gift". DUH!:banghead:

Perhaps SHE didn't buy either the lingerie OR the prepaid credit card.
Perhaps it was bought after she went missing...

I can't. I'm sorry. I really want to believe that JR just decided on December 11th, a random Tuesday to lie and say that she was going shopping at a well thought out plan (or so it would seem) to pick up a special gift for her hubby and a dress for her daughter's concert all the while - she just vanished, leaving her life. Sorry for the poor sentence structure. I type how I talk!

I just don't buy it. I would LOVE for her to be alive but nothing im my opinion even points in that direction. I'm open to sleuthing all possibilities but foul play has more credence IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if she was talking to someone she met online or via an online/phone game. Lots of those medieval, sci-fi games out there that require constant interaction. Not my thing, but people love it.

I'm sure she was lonely. From what I heard,<Mod Snip>

Anyways, I'm trying to have an open mind here but it's hard when there are some deceptive players involved.

<Mod Snip>

Yes... The deceptive players are actually working AGAINST themselves.. By CREATING more suspicion than ALLEVIATING it!

JMO

And IF so, may not have even been a gift...for Jennifer.

Jillian, a question for clarification- the prepaid card receipt, was the receipt for the lingerie? or a receipt was found, and the lingerie was found, as unrelated items?

I thought the whole overnight change/pubescent girl theory strange too...

Please forgive me... Could someone enlighten me on where this theory of awakening pubescent girl originated?

somehow I missed it..

TIA. :seeya:

ETA... Oops.. It was linked in the very next thread! :doh:

Jillian, a question for clarification- the prepaid card receipt, was the receipt for the lingerie? or a receipt was found, and the lingerie was found, as unrelated items?

I don't know the answer to those questions.
They were found at the same time though, in mid-January.
ETA: 01/18/13.

I *think* LE would be able to tell the date it was activated (not sure just a guess)

If it was purchased prior to her disappearance, no matter who bought it, the box may have been placed wherever Xmas gifts are "hidden."

Would LE have "opened" all boxed gifts during the search of the home? I don't know.

I have had this thought as well (as horrible as it is). Lavanda has said it was normal for GR to drive the kids to school every day. I would assume this would be because of JR's health issues that may be worse first thing in the morning? Perhaps it was normal for her sleep in while GR got kids ready and took them to school. So the kids seeing her asleep in bed was normal and perhaps they don't go and say goodbye so they don't wake her.
So is it possible she was not alive at this stage and the kids just saw her "sleeping"?
I think it's unlikely scenario though but still possible

Yes... I have not eliminated the "sleeping" (not really sleeping, but something more sinister) scenario, either...

JMO

My thoughts exactly, another last minute "plant". And why the heck would LE not take that?

Furthermore, if he hasn't been in that room in 5 weeks, that just proves to me they weren't sharing a room. Where were his clothes kept?

My thoughts exactly, another last minute "plant". And why the heck would LE not take that?

Furthermore, if he hasn't been in that room in 5 weeks, that just proves to me they weren't sharing a room. Where were his clothes kept?

To clarify, I said he hadn't slept in the room in 5 weeks, and tried to avoid going into the room, not that he "hadn't been in that room room in 5 weeks."

:)

Wasn't there, or wasn't relevant until someone made it so

To clarify, I said he hadn't slept in the room in 5 weeks, and tried to avoid going into the room, not that he "hadn't been in that room in 5 weeks.":)

I am seriously afraid to ask where he has been sleeping

I don't know the answer to those questions.
They were found at the same time though, in mid-January.
ETA: 01/18/13

Jillian, could you please refresh my memory as to when the public search was planned? The big one that you worked so hard on (Thank You for trying your best) and it ended up in a huge hullabaloo, for lack of a better word.
I recall (anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but feel free to back it up with fact) a certain someone's behavior was quite erratic. First it was "I'm not going" and "Please call LE with questions about the search" then it was "Okay, I wanna search" and then it was "LE says we shouldn't do it".

Jilllian, I understand that you said "slept", but if he has BEEN in that room, why did he find the box randomly later in time? Was it hidden? Sorry if I missed that!

Jillian, could you please refresh my memory as to when the public search was planned? The big one that you worked so hard on (Thank You for trying your best) and it ended up in a huge hullabaloo, for lack of a better word.
I recall (anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but feel free to back it up with fact) a certain someone's behavior was quite erratic. First it was "I'm not going" and "Please call LE with questions about the search" then it was "Okay, I wanna search" and then it was "LE says we shouldn't do it".

Search was planned for 01/19.
It was called off on 01/17.
Your account above summarizes accurately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member