Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:banghead:
I'm finding it hard to get past the fact the Jen was an active Catholic and Sunday School teacher, and neither GR nor CC thought to mention that in any infos or profiles that were released.

I mean, if I were trying to get info on a missing person, that's among the most pertinent questions I would ask: did she attend church? was she active in the community? Was she working or had she had a job recently??

But the church thing seems to me most crucial. For instance, if one was seriously considering the proposed theory that she had decided to "get away" for a little while to think, she might have gone to a monastery (I'm thinking of one over between Binghamton and the Catskills -- they make good wine there, but not sure if laypeople can "retreat" there).

Also, as a Sunday School teacher, I think she'd have been going to confession and mass regularly. She may have perhaps gone to counseling with her priest. Anything said in confession or counseling could not be shared, of course, but an interview with her priest could have allowed him to give a general impression of her state of mind in the weeks prior to her going missing, if she was depressed, or afraid, or perhaps anticipating a big change in her life.

But nothing was said at all about her being religous. We heard about her likes and dislikes with regard to condiments and coffee, but nothing about one of the most important areas of her life that could be crucial to locating her.

In my mind, that's paramount to being an accessory after the fact.

Agreed. At the VERY least they could have put word out that Jen might be attending services somewhere.

Looking at that video, and then google maps .. there is a body of water on the same side of the road she was found. I'm wondering if they thought of taking her to the water, but it was too hard and they just left her there.

Jennifer's home was in New Berlin.
Jennifer's car found in Norwich.
Jennifer phone found in Plymouth.
Jennifer found in Town of Pharsalia.

How many counties are involved here?

Wow... What is that term when there are multiple counties/cities involved for the perp to create jurisdictional "confusion"?

I'm finding it hard to get past the fact the Jen was an active Catholic and Sunday School teacher, and neither GR nor CC thought to mention that in any infos or profiles that were released.

I mean, if I were trying to get info on a missing person, that's among the most pertinent questions I would ask: did she attend church? was she active in the community? Was she working or had she had a job recently??

But the church thing seems to me most crucial. For instance, if one was seriously considering the proposed theory that she had decided to "get away" for a little while to think, she might have gone to a monastery (I'm thinking of one over between Binghamton and the Catskills -- they make good wine there, but not sure if laypeople can "retreat" there).

Also, as a Sunday School teacher, I think she'd have been going to confession and mass regularly. She may have perhaps gone to counseling with her priest. Anything said in confession or counseling could not be shared, of course, but an interview with her priest could have allowed him to give a general impression of her state of mind in the weeks prior to her going missing, if she was depressed, or afraid, or perhaps anticipating a big change in her life.

But nothing was said at all about her being religous. We heard about her likes and dislikes with regard to condiments and coffee, but nothing about one of the most important areas of her life that could be crucial to locating her.

In my mind, that's paramount to being an accessory after the fact.
I so agree... Information regarding a missing person is shoddy at best (not referring to LE here... But to responsible reporting orgs.) if ties to the community are ignored...

this is crucial information to include in a comprehensive "picture" of the missing..

JMO

I so agree... Information regarding a missing person is shoddy at best (not referring to LE here... But to responsible reporting orgs.) if ties to the community are ignored...

this is crucial information to include in a comprehensive "picture" of the missing..

JMO
This info would not have served the purpose of having us believe that Jennifer ran off and left her family. It would have gone against that story...thus it was left out.

Yes... "Jurisdictional Linkage Blindness" ...But does that pertain to separate cities... Or counties, only?

:dunno:

Jurisdictional Linkage Blindness can be a factor between city police departments and County Sheriffs depending on their working relationship as well as communication. Many sexual predators/serial killers utilize multiple city, county, and states in their crime/s to prevent investigators from connecting the dots..

The distance between JR's van, cell phone, and remains was a haphazard attempt to confuse investigators, imo..

Public awareness, as was shown in JR's case, diffuses this very effective criminal tool..

Hi all! Another newbie here. Just wanted to post and say hi. Don't have anything to add, but must say that I'm in agreement with many of the possibilities discussed here.

Hi all! Another newbie here. Just wanted to post and say hi. Don't have anything to add, but must say that I'm in agreement with many of the possibilities discussed here.

Hi Emerald - WELCOME!!!

I'd love to hear your personal theories, if you feel up for sharing :)

The biggest issue in not properly describing Jennifer as a person, specifically as a Sunday school teacher, is that a characteristic like that is precisely what attracts the media, i.e. "Sunday school teacher and mom of three missing". That is how to gain attention and interest in a missing person case and the fact that a missing person org. apparently did not know, or make use of Jennifer's lifestyle in this way is very troubling. Even if GR was not telling her these things about Jennifer, I feel sure her parents would have, if given a chance.

'Welcome to the Websleuths Family EmeraldLily'

:wagon: :newbie: :welcome4: :welcome6: :welcome:

The video (thanks for that) helped everyone not from the area see the area and why there are no cameras. Unless the LE speed trap has a mounted camera and were there that day. Did they say if the phone was damaged ...from being thrown? which side of the road if they could tell or estimate if it was thrown from passanger side or driver side? Did they ever say if there were cameras at the Y or in the Y parking lot? Does the route to the Y pass by any banks, gas stations or business that may have cameras in the area? Praying for the family and answers.

Anyone know how the service went today? I hope it was befitting of Jennifer.

That was my thought too. And...also never wearing a dress...I could swear I saw a family photo of Jenn with her kids and in-laws all dressed up, apparently for Valentine's Day -- and I'm quite sure all the ladies were wearing dresses.

Even those of us who NEVER wear dresses will occasionally make an exception.
(To avoid complaints from family members who's priority is "image.") :banghead:

Just about everyone who knows me would describe me as "never wearing dresses."
I wore one to church about 9 years ago. I think that might have been the last time.
That one picture of me in a dress (with my New Balance running shoes on) doesn't prove I've worn one since. :giggle:

Jennifer's home was in New Berlin.
Jennifer's car found in Norwich.
Jennifer phone found in Plymouth.
Jennifer found in Town of Pharsalia.

How many counties are involved here?

Plymouth and Pharsalia are just tiny little communities. Norwich is more of a town, but not large -- maybe just 2 miles from one end to the other. All four "towns" are very close to each other -- 8 miles from New Berlin to Norwich, and you saw on the video how quickly you could get from Pharsalia to Norwich. I had estimated 20 minutes, but I think ORR did it in less than 15.

Looking at that video, and then google maps .. there is a body of water on the same side of the road she was found. I'm wondering if they thought of taking her to the water, but it was too hard and they just left her there.

And...speaking of googling...I'm wondering if LE found that the computers in the Ramsaran home show that someone googled maps of the area on the morning of 12/11 or in the weeks prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip