Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does scare me on it being there but the picture wouldn't be a problem. I did leave a message for them to call me back. I just hope LE doesn't or didn't get pulled into the theroy of a sex offender story!

<Mod Snip>
I think the article said late 2011 she started working so she could have been working part of the summer and stopped July/August depending on when the 8 months started. Oh and yea the photo in August...she doesn't know then I agree!

My daughter and I went to the sight she was found today and as we were looking we saw a broken tote the bottom of it was left there by a tree. We were wondering with it being so close to the sight why LE DIDN'T TAKE IT IN WITH THEM. I was frusterated about that but maybe they had a reason not to ,but i can say the bottom seemed to be big enough for a body! I left there hurt and mad at the same time!!!

Thats the first thing that occurred to me when i read the account of the person who found her. When he described seeing a big broken container or tote or barrel or whatever, near the body. That could have been why she wasnt found earlier. People are used to seeing old barrels, tubs, bins and junk thrown out along side the back roads and no one would have ever thought to link the two together. But it was strange that LE didnt take it with them, just in case there were evidence on it! And i couldnt help but think back to when i read the comment on her FB that someone wrote, that mentioned to check in barrels!!

I always wondered why it wasn't made clear on her missing posters which photos were current. Some are so dramatically different. I wonder what the story is with this photo that is posted as November 1, 2012 here in this Facebook attachment. (This is a missing poster with 8 pictures of Jenn but with the dates under each one.) It is the picture of her slimmer, with red hair, looking downward and sad? Did Jenn take this herself and was she using it as a profile pic? Was it more of a fun,artsy pic to take for her and Remy was able to use it as what a terrible person she has become pic instead? Why also no info on what color she made her hair the day that she was missing? Wasn't there box of hair color to say it was Loreal #whatever? How much hair length was cut? Trimmed the ends a half inch or 8 inches cut off? Those details were never said either that I have seen.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4894864022760&set=a.2720555666410.129205.1632611304&type=1

Thats the first thing that occurred to me when i read the account of the person who found her. When he described seeing a big broken container or tote or barrel or whatever, near the body. That could have been why she wasnt found earlier. People are used to seeing old barrels, tubs, bins and junk thrown out along side the back roads and no one would have ever thought to link the two together. But it was strange that LE didnt take it with them, just in case there were evidence on it! And i couldnt help but think back to when i read the comment on her FB that someone wrote, that mentioned to check in barrels!!

I would think LE would have collected any items that were around the body to test them. Very strange they didn't

Just wanted to post some info on the new thread, for any newbies dropping in who want to know a bit more about Jennifer.

Obviously, you'll have noticed by now she was lovely-looking, with a self-deprecating smile.
She was a home-carer for someone with severe health problems.
She was a scout leader.

I would post more, but I'm hoping some other posters could chip in with who Jennifer was - it'll be coming up on google guys, and you've got the time, at the moment......we are coming up seventh on google at the moment, if you google Jennifer Ramsaran.

I Love the fact that she taught Sunday School!

Just curious what age group she taught? Do any of the locals know? Did she teach adults, as in her peers? Was it young children or teenagers?

In My Opinion......I feel that she was very serious about her Religious Faith. I also feel that her Strong sense of Faith would affect her feelings toward Divorce. If she in fact knew about GR's affair(s)???....I wonder if she could have refused to consider leaving her marriage. Wondering if she would want to forgive and forget...to keep her family intact. Perhaps that may have Not been the path that GR and ES (?) were planning!

Dear God...Please Bless Those Three Innocent Children and Jennifer's Parents, Sister & Her Family!

I think it goes without saying how loved Jennifer was by people, as here we are 8 threads later, without even a formal press release or an arrest. I can't speak for everyone but I'm almost positive that from thread one, we resigned to be Jennifer's voice.

Jennifer's life was cut short by a monster, no doubt. When I first found out about Jennifer missing and found her Facebook page, I quickly formed an opinion of who Jennifer was. She was bright, WITTY, creative, domestic, motherly, nurturing, artistic, motivated, supportive, kind, sincere, and the list goes on. In other words, I don't think that there's a person reading here who wouldn't have welcomed her into their life with open arms.

She would have been an amazing big sister, if she were mine.

While we wait for answers, I remind myself to have respect for her family (namely her parents and children) and am trying to limit the negativity and questions. People are reading here and right now, it is of my opinion that we will get all the answers later.

Remember, what happens in the dark, always comes to light. I am a firm believer in karma, in the golden rule, & and in justice.

I think of Jennifer often and am reading here but just stepping back a bit..

RIP Jennifer - I hope to know you in another lifetime.

thanks for putting my thoughts into words. Sometimes in the heat of it all, people forget this is a forum - which anyone can read anonymously.

I just got a chance to watch ORR's video, and wanted to give a great big THANK YOU to you for filming it!!! You did an awesome job, and it really gives a good visual of all the sites and distances.

:yourock:

I always wondered why it wasn't made clear on her missing posters which photos were current. Some are so dramatically different. I wonder what the story is with this photo that is posted as November 1, 2012 here in this Facebook attachment. (This is a missing poster with 8 pictures of Jenn but with the dates under each one.) It is the picture of her slimmer, with red hair, looking downward and sad? Did Jenn take this herself and was she using it as a profile pic? Was it more of a fun,artsy pic to take for her and Remy was able to use it as what a terrible person she has become pic instead? Why also no info on what color she made her hair the day that she was missing? Wasn't there box of hair color to say it was Loreal #whatever? How much hair length was cut? Trimmed the ends a half inch or 8 inches cut off? Those details were never said either that I have seen.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4894864022760&set=a.2720555666410.129205.1632611304&type=1

The one photo that was fairly recent was the one taken with E - that was taken the last week of August -- so about 3 1/2 months before she died. In that photo, it looks like her hair is sort of a dark blond shade, worn past her shoulders.

With regard to temperatures -- the high was in the 50's on Dec. 11 -- the day she went missing. I think that was the warmest temperature. That night it got down to 30, so that would have begun to freeze the outside part of her body, or get it down to really cold temps. The nights for the next 5 days are so were down in the 20's, so that would have gotten her body really cold during the night. It started snowing on Dec. 17 -- (I know that the precip on your chart was snow because of an email I got from a friend who lives out there -- she mentioned it was snowing, and that they were expecting accumulations of up to 2 feet in Rochester). The chart doesn't mention any accumulation, but the chart was for the community of Pharsalia, which is actually a few miles from that hill on Center Road where her body was found. If you looked at the video, you could see that it is at a higher elevation, and there was much more snow accumulation up there than in the lower elevation where Pharsalia is (and the temps would probably be about 5 degrees colder). So, I'm thinking she was covered by a light covering of snow on the 17th or 18th - maybe just an inch or so at that point. But the next week -- Christmas week -- there was a LOT of snow -- I have photos sent by relatives. I think the snow covering would have preserved her from the elements and from animals, and kept her body at freezing temp or close to freezing.

Apologies to Betty and Peek if I made you think you'd posted the wrong stuff! It was just an entirely personal feeling - like LJ I'm just stepping back a bit. So much new info about Jennifer has come out that since she was found and almost all of it should have been out there from the get-go.

I've only been over to the US once, in the early 90s when I was on an exchange to SUNY New Paltz. It was before Jennifer attended, so I know our paths didn't cross, but knowing she also went there is one of the things that made this feel close to me.

I believe the info we have is there WAS some decomp, but she was still recognizable.

But yes, there are tons of meat freezers, deep freezers all over Chenango. Hunting is very popular, and a lot of the ladies grow and freeze veggies.

I Love the fact that she taught Sunday School!

Just curious what age group she taught? Do any of the locals know? Did she teach adults, as in her peers? Was it young children or teenagers?

In My Opinion......I feel that she was very serious about her Religious Faith. I also feel that her Strong sense of Faith would affect her feelings toward Divorce. If she in fact knew about GR's affair(s)???....I wonder if she could have refused to consider leaving her marriage. Wondering if she would want to forgive and forget...to keep her family intact. Perhaps that may have Not been the path that GR and ES (?) were planning!

Dear God...Please Bless Those Three Innocent Children and Jennifer's Parents, Sister & Her Family!

That could indeed be a powerful motive

Ok, so today I was skyping with my friend, the seal, who is also a long-distance runner (he does marathons and triatholons and all those kinds of things) (they have to keep a delicate balance between having muscle for strength, but not so much that it impedes running or swimming speed).

Anyway, I asked him some questions about running, and getting chilly, etc. Here tis:

The weather was in the upper 40's, low 50's. Rainy. Do you think you would be chilled after running about 8 miles in those weather conditions?

yeah if you're wet in cold weather you'll probably be a little chilled, mainly around extremities like hands and feet, maybe shivering

And...how long would it take to run that far, not a hard run, just an easy run?

an easy 8 mile is typically done at a 10 minute pace, so probably about an hour and twenty minutes

Would it be advisable to get in a hot tub or sauna or do a workout after an 8 mile run?

most people run at the end of their workout, not before

Why would you run at the end of the workout and not before?

running temporarily weakens your whole body, so to make any real gains in actual fitness it is better to lift or whatever first and then run

i usually jump into a hot tub after a swim, not after a run

I believe that if GR is the culprit, the motive has to do with custody, more than anything else. If Jennifer asked for a separation or a divorce she would want the children, and she would get them, as a stay-at-hime Mom, more or less, especially if the reason for divorce was infidelity on his part. And he would of course have to support two households.

Hello Pob I can see your here - I know everyone wants to know - did you call LE? And what happened?

Just a reminder...members are not permitted to tell other members what or how to post.

Oh, I hope this case doesn't end up as one of those where, two years down the line, LE are still saying they have no named suspects and any trace of evidence is vanishing with time. I don't know, sometimes it seems to me that so much attention is paid to gathering enough evidence for an airtight prosecution, the prosecution never actually takes place.

I am sure of one thing though - if I had any information about Jennifer's disappearance at this point, I would be positively running to LE now. And I never run. To borrow a quote from someone else, in this particular race, first one to the DA wins.

Yes, ORR, I think the route you demonstrated on the video (thanks, fox, for pulling that over) is quite likely. I can't remember where you started on SR23, but from that point to where Jenn's body was left and then on to the apartments was what...19 minutes? And the phone was "discovered" right on that route.

Do you know how long it would take to get from Sheff road to where you started the taping on SR23?

In my scenario, I had estimated about a 50 to 60 min. trip starting at Sheff Road, going down to Center Rd, then on to Norwich and the apartments. It appears from your video, it might have been even less, esp. with no snow on the road.

Abigail,

The start of the video was just west of the Plymouth Firehouse, right before the location where Jennifer's phone was found (Moonhill Road) and the sand pile.

Thanks!

ORR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members