Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"How long does it take for a criminal case to become considered an unsolved case, or a cold case?"

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
"There is no time frame. As soon as you run out of leads, and there is nothing else to follow up on, the case goes inactive."
Source(s):
16 years law enforcement

From au.answers.yahoo.com

ETA: LE are consistently quiet in this particular case. Is this an active investigation into a murder yet? Surely this would be information the public can know. COD or no COD, Jen didn't cause her own death.

I agree SA, but as you say they have been consistently quiet - It's only just been over a week. I think we have to assume they know what they are doing, even if they aren't telling us.

Some posters were saying that it sometimes takes months or more for them to let the public in on the COD. I hope that's not the case here.

I agree SA, but as you say they have been consistently quiet - It's only just been over a week. I think we have to assume they know what they are doing, even if they aren't telling us.

Some posters were saying that it sometimes takes months or more for them to let the public in on the COD. I hope that's not the case here.

The virtue of patience doth not resideth here ... :what:

I am sitting here, with my candle lit, thinking about Jen. Sweet lady, you are in so many of our hearts and we will be here until you have justice.

RSBM: I would agree with frugal. There was money available as there seemed to be many out of state races attended, yet the vehicles are 2006 and pre-2000 Chrysler vans.

'The lack of a Reward offered in the Jennifer Ramsaran disappearance speaks volumes, imo'.. For various reasons, seldom do you see a missing person case without a reward offered..

Rewards can be helpful to generate leads and to create a
news story. If you are planning to offer a sizeable reward, increase it incrementally to create an additional news story.
http://www.kristenfoundation.org/cgi-bin/datacgi/download.cgi?file=hw&download=2KM01K2U

"Awareness is the key in missing/murdered persons investigations"..

'The lack of a Reward offered in the Jennifer Ramsaran disappearance speaks volumes, imo'.. For various reasons, seldom do you see a missing person case without a reward offered..

Rewards can be helpful to generate leads and to create a
news story. If you are planning to offer a sizeable reward, increase it incrementally to create an additional news story.
http://www.kristenfoundation.org/cgi-bin/datacgi/download.cgi?file=hw&download=2KM01K2U

"Awareness is the key in missing/murdered persons investigations"..

I read that GR has a new life mission to help LM with donations!!!!! but not funding anything else blows my mind!!

Light the fire of Justice for Jennifer Ramsaran....

[video=youtube;xLyJM7Yb5hg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLyJM7Yb5hg[/video]

it wasn't there today, nana. i specifically looked for it. so LE (or someone else) must have retrieved it.

:what: The tote is gone?? And LE never calls you back?? WOW, unbelievable....

:what: The tote is gone?? And LE never calls you back?? WOW, unbelievable....

:waitasec: thoroughly obvious question....if the tote was that obvious to everyone driving by...why would it not have been taken....10 feet away? Everything from the whole area should have been taken. It could have been an old weather beaten plastic tote already before it was put there.....:twocents:

The silence is deafening.

Remember when LE said they hadn't received phone records yet? Wonder if maybe they have now and are buried deep in those.

Someone must've seen Jen's van that day, somewhere. More than one someone, even.

Yes, but I wouldn't disclose it publicly right now.
But I don't believe it's different from what others here are guessing.

:jail:

:please:please please please don't tell me you are leaning toward some kind of natural cause...I will never believe that! :notgood:

We really have to leave it up to LE now, and trust that they know what they're doing. These cases can take forever to solve, and sometimes they never get solved at all, as in my own sister's case. It sucks but the reality is, we don't all get to know Justice.
Keep the prayers going and hope that LE is onto something.
I keep Jennifer in my thoughts and prayers.... always...

It could have been an old weather beaten plastic tote already before it was put there.....:twocents:
Exactly my thoughts...do they really think it wouldn't be important because it looked old?? Their thinking in order to be part of the case, the perp would have thought, oh gee, this tote is to old and faded, I better go buy a new one??? :rolleyes:
Who is to say that the reason it was all busted up and 10 ft away couldn't have been that the plow hit it?? What if it was originally on the side of the road in one piece??

We really have to leave it up to LE now, and trust that they know what they're doing. These cases can take forever to solve, and sometimes they never get solved at all, as in my own sister's case. It sucks but the reality is, we don't all get to know Justice.
Keep the prayers going and hope that LE is onto something.
I keep Jennifer in my thoughts and prayers.... always...

{{{Hugs}}}}

I am so sorry and cannot begin to imagine...

Exactly my thoughts...do they really think it wouldn't be important because it looked old?? Their thinking in order to be part of the case, the perp would have thought, oh gee, this tote is to old and faded, I better go buy a new one??? :rolleyes:
Who is to say that the reason it was all busted up and 10 ft away couldn't have been that the plow hit it?? What if it was originally on the side of the road in one piece??

Excellent point about the plow hitting it......

you had to stop your car and look over the bank to see the tote. hoping to here from them today.

I'm still waiting for the rock to talk..

I bet the rock doesn't talk...just watches and observes lol:rocker:...seriously...since I saw the husband and his protege, if you will... out together in early December, would that mean that she could possibly be involved...and if so, why would she not do more to help initially? I feel bad for her....glad it is not on my conscious.:twocents:
It must be difficult to be friends with both people in a marriage, when one is missing and now deceased. I know that I was told that the female friend, had anxiety disorder. How do you cope with that in a case like this? So my question is, have any of you ever been involved in a case where you were friends with both partners? How do you deal with it.:waitasec:
Yes, I probably will get this post removed..but I am trying to not get in to too much trouble:blushing:

I bet the rock doesn't talk...just watches and observes lol:rocker:...seriously...since I saw the husband and his protege, if you will... out together in early December, would that mean that she could possibly be involved...and if so, why would she not do more to help initially? I feel bad for her....glad it is not on my conscious.:twocents:
It must be difficult to be friends with both people in a marriage, when one is missing and now deceased. I know that I was told that the female friend, had anxiety disorder. How do you cope with that in a case like this? So my question is, have any of you ever been involved in a case where you were friends with both partners? How do you deal with it.:waitasec:
Yes, I probably will get this post removed..but I am trying to not get in to too much trouble:blushing:

Yes, it seems that the Rock was very patient and wise..

I have never been in the position of losing a loved one via foul play. I can't imagine.

But IF my best friend was harmed, I would sure as heck be the biggest advocate around. No one could keep me from looking for my friend.

In retrospect, it seems that Jennifer's best friend didn't do a whole lot. At least a whole lot of anything positive. I know she was doing a whole lot of......well nevermind. I don't know what she knows regarding Jennifer being murdered (the word hurts to type but it's the truth,) but I do know that she still chooses to be friends with GR.

As a person who has suffered from anxiety and panic, I sure can't imagine how one can cope without a full on nervous breakdown in a position like this.

Yes, it seems that the Rock was very patient and wise..

I have never been in the position of losing a loved one via foul play. I can't imagine.

But IF my best friend was harmed, I would sure as heck be the biggest advocate around. No one could keep me from looking for my friend.

In retrospect, it seems that Jennifer's best friend didn't do a whole lot. At least a whole lot of anything positive. I know she was doing a whole lot of......well nevermind. I don't know what she knows regarding Jennifer being murdered (the word hurts to type but it's the truth,) but I do know that she still chooses to be friends with GR.

As a person who has suffered from anxiety and panic, I sure can't imagine how one can cope without a full on nervous breakdown in a position like this.
My anxiety level would be quite high!!!:panic: Do you think that maybe she just does not grasp the situation, or that she may be choosing to NOT help publicly? I searched for my missing best friend for 35 years...I never stopped...but since I was young, I missed a clue right in front of my face...but I did find her.
If it had been me, even with the alleged trysting or whatever, I think I would have to certainly look out for my bff....the husband had tons of support with other folks...Maybe the song on her page said it all...just waiting :waiting:...I do hope that she has sought some counseling...I would be beside myself...forever. :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member