Found Deceased NY - Joseph Comunale, 26, Manhattan, 12 Nov 2016 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://abc7ny.com/news/wake-being-held-for-connecticut-man-murdered-on-ues/1616318/

Updated reporting from Mr. Solis of ABC7 Eyewitness News from outside yesterday's day long service for Joey, with family friends and his coach remembering him.

Physical exam for suspect in Hofstra grad’s murder, attorney says
By Anthony M. DeStefano, NEWSDAY

Nov 22 2016 6:40 pm

[...]

A spokesman for Vance said Dilione’s attorney Tuesday surrendered his client’s passport, an indication that he may be close to posting bail.

[...]

~
Re: Funeral
http://longisland.news12.com/news/funeral-to-be-held-for-hofstra-graduate-murdered-in-nyc-1.12657986

http://connecticut.news12.com/news/...comunale-of-stamford-killed-in-nyc-1.12657888

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...abbing-recalled-friend-wake-article-1.2883921

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...to-Be-Mourned-at-Stamford-Wake-402400555.html

Re indictment:
http://newjersey.news12.com/news/gr...t-party-slaying-of-joseph-comunale-1.12652728

[video=youtube;uJtQ9qXPg8A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJtQ9qXPg8A[/video]

So they are taking photographs of James NOW? Did they not check him and LD for injuries when they were arrested?

I would think scratches and bruises may have healed by now.

So they are taking photographs of James NOW? Did they not check him and LD for injuries when they were arrested?

I would think scratches and bruises may have healed by now.

My guess is that James' attorney intervened before LE had time to get anything out of/from him, including taking photos for investigative/prosecutory purposes (IIRC, James retained the attorney even before he was arrested). Other than taking James into custody, LE probably has had very little access to him, if any at all.

It sounds like this kid, James, is really, really bad news. While it is entirely possible that Jeffrey was simply too smitten to see that, it may also be possible that James had threatened to blackmail Jeffrey somehow if the latter stopped supporting him financially. Or perhaps James was already starting to show his true colors, and Jeffrey was afraid that James would harm him if he didn't do as he was told (by James). I don't know, James just comes across as such an evil being.

Imo, their booking photos show no facial lacerations/bruises, any pictures now will show none as well. Self defense can't be used now, or it would be harder to prove self defense. I'm not sure what the purpose of the photos are for.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

My guess is that James' attorney intervened before LE had time to get anything out of/from him, including taking photos for investigative/prosecutory purposes (IIRC, James retained the attorney even before he was arrested). Other than taking James into custody, LE probably has had very little access to him, if any at all.

It sounds like this kid, James, is really, really bad news. While it is entirely possible that Jeffrey was simply too smitten to see that, it may also be possible that James had threatened to blackmail Jeffrey somehow if the latter stopped supporting him financially. Or perhaps James was already starting to show his true colors, and Jeffrey was afraid that James would harm him if he didn't do as he was told (by James). I don't know, James just comes across as such an evil being.

He found a diamond in the rough, lied about it to his friends it seems, his building coop probably to get approval, to be able to move him in to Sutton Place. Found him a job. Why would he start to tell the truth now, if ever? This high end jeweler enabled the suspect in a certain lifestyle. Let him have use of his car, which was used to dispose of a brutally murdered young man. He provided him cover possibly for most of Sunday, watching football together as it was reported in MSM and attributed to the suspect. He is most likely paying for his lawyer, hosting the suspects family in Florida, seems like trying to control the flow of information, obviously pushing a certain impression of being a betrayed or let down surrogate Dad, but nothing more to him. He's a very wealthy man, much older, as well connected as a jeweler could be, so to assume naivety or vulnerability on his part is a stretch for me. He's on the defense and covering all his bases with lots of leverage with the suspect, is my impression.

If they threw his lifeless body from a part of the building not seen on cameras, then called for the baggage cart to the suspects floor, it seems completely possible they dropped the body from another floor, and the whole dance with the cart, the car, the bags, while all the evidence was carelessly ditched or planted inside and around the building, which all happened toward the end of the day, may have been orchestrated to limit suspicion and obfuscate as well, it seems. One can understand why LE is waiting on the murder charges. We know very little of what was found where inside exactly. The surrogate Dad was reported in MSM to be holed up at some luxury hotel in the city. The suspect would have had plenty of time to call a lawyer to mitigate the damage as much as possible, but would he leave his surrogate Dad in the dark? Would that have even been possible? Is there security cams setup between the two apartments or was there before? Isn't that the first thing that would come to mind in a situation like this, where self-defense would be hard to prove, to call a lawyer and play it cool and blissfully ignorant?

The whole story has the feel of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, a bait and switch cover up. It just doesn't fit together with any iota of credibility from the defense side of things, no matter how much of the distancing spin ensues. Let see where it goes from here, as there is so much room for speculation given what it known about the resident of Sutton Place Joey had the misfortune to get to know. Maybe given time, and a chance to consider his own interests, the suspect will turn and we'll know more.

From early on in this story, it's been reported that one POI/suspect was uncooperative. I'm assuming the uncooperative person was James, since LD told the police where the body was.

According to this DNA info article, it seems Jeffrey was having some trouble with James, and probably realized he was in over his head. I'd guess that Jeffrey was smitten and probably would have felt guilty about "abandoning" James. My feeling is that he really did want to help him and was also smitten. I have a smidgen of sympathy for Jeffrey. But the rest goes to the Comunale family. I can't imagine the heartbreak and anger they must be feeling.

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20...-rackover-joseph-comunale-sutton-place-murder

Does anyone know what JR does for a living....actually I should rephrase -does anyone know what he does for his "legal" employer ? I read he worked for an insurance company but I have to believe it was not selling insurance given his previous arrests. His ex-girlfriend said he didn't graduate high school and so I'm curious what position he held at the insurance company. His ex also stated that he used to repair yachts when they dated so that doesn't really translate to office work.

She commented that he started making trips to New York and those became more frequent and he returned with wads of cash. Based on her comments, I can only think of several jobs that would pay that well and in cash. If I rule out long distance bartender/waiter or construction worker - I am left with two highly profitable possibilities both illegal. I highly doubt he was on his way up the corporate ladder with the insurance company but was just curious if a

To me, this was a kept man living off of others' vices and/or desires. His ex said his entire appearance changed after moved to NYC and if this entire new life was a facade, I can see how he would have jealousy and anger issues if challenged and cornered - one misstep and he would be back in Florida without financial backing.

According to LinkedIn, James Rackover was a "Client Manager" with Willis Tower Watson. It was most likely a sales position, and according to Glassdoor.com, that position pays around $87,000. It sounds like a lot of money, but it would barely cover the rent of his apartment (which was likely paid by Jeffrey, anyway). I theorize that it was more of a sales-oriented position, because I don't believe he had the education to do more analytical or applied work).

He does seem to have graduated from high school, though. There's a photo of him in cap and gown, with his aunt.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/1...after-buried-body-is-found-in-new-jersey.html

Jeffrey must have had considerable influence to have landed him that job with WTW. Not only to bypass the usual HR background checks, but to bypass the usual college degree requirements that most corporations have!

Like you, I suspect he was kept, and by more than just one person.

Seems like people are looking to blame Jeffrey. Which I find offensive.

For whatever reason, he took this loser in and helped him.

We don't know that Jeffrey lied about their relationship to anyone. Actually, I don't know anyone that considered James his son. And even if he did, it does not make him complicit in this or any other crime.

I blame James and Larry. And whomever else. They are the ones who brutally murdered Joey.

So, until I hear that Jeffrey had a hand in or knowledge of this murder, Jeffrey gets treated like any other family of victim or suspect on WS, by me.

From early on in this story, it's been reported that one POI/suspect was uncooperative. I'm assuming the uncooperative person was James, since LD told the police where the body was.

According to this DNA info article, it seems Jeffrey was having some trouble with James, and probably realized he was in over his head. I'd guess that Jeffrey was smitten and probably would have felt guilty about "abandoning" James. My feeling is that he really did want to help him and was also smitten. I have a smidgen of sympathy for Jeffrey. But the rest goes to the Comunale family. I can't imagine the heartbreak and anger they must be feeling.

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20...-rackover-joseph-comunale-sutton-place-murder

My smidgen disappears as I see how convenient an image is being skillfully constructed through such tales, that's not for free, he has an interest in spreading that impression, as he did in making people believe this was his son, at the time. Cutting it very close, is my impression.

[video=youtube;rfRB8yCEiLQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfRB8yCEiLQ[/video]

There has been a lot of discussion around sexual advances and drug induced rages but one theory I have been thinking is this.... they had been up all night, now I don't know about you guys but when I have an all-nighter and I stay up until gone 7am... I am asleep for hours, until the afternoon. Hence why when Jeffery came round earlier in the day, everything was fine at that point.

Maybe it was friendly after the girls left, the boys invited Joey to stay instead of heading back as they were all tired. Joey stays, no hidden agenda by any of them. Wakes early before anyone else, has a mooch around the apartment, we've seen the photos, it is a very plush place. As Jeffrey is a jeweller, maybe some expensive pieces are around, maybe in an open safe? It could have been opened the night before if Jimmy was showing them off to the group (he strikes me as an arrogant person who would boast of his new life, links and lifestyle). He could have walked in on Joey looking around, started accusing Joey of theft, of taking advantage to stay and then steal from him. An argument ensues, they are both big lads and maybe it got violent quickly. A side effect of drug come-downs (if that happened) can be mood swings. LD hears and comes to see what is happening but too much damage has already been done...

I wonder the proximity of that safe to a kitchen counter where knives could be kept etc.

Maybe that could explain 2 things - the guilt of LD in revealing information so soon, maybe he was pressured by JR to help him cover up? The safe being such significance that it is removed from the apartment - if it has Joey's DNA on this could be why?

Just a theory and my opinion but it's a differing one to the sexual advances and a more bulked up theory on the argument. From what I have read - JR has a history of theft, he recognises the signs and how it 'can be done' - he is threatened by this and flies into a rage?

Pure RAGE!

Now why is the question.
And these two are not talking .

Now that was terribly sad to watch.

There has been a lot of discussion around sexual advances and drug induced rages but one theory I have been thinking is this.... they had been up all night, now I don't know about you guys but when I have an all-nighter and I stay up until gone 7am... I am asleep for hours, until the afternoon. Hence why when Jeffery came round earlier in the day, everything was fine at that point.

Maybe it was friendly after the girls left, the boys invited Joey to stay instead of heading back as they were all tired. Joey stays, no hidden agenda by any of them. Wakes early before anyone else, has a mooch around the apartment, we've seen the photos, it is a very plush place. As Jeffrey is a jeweller, maybe some expensive pieces are around, maybe in an open safe? It could have been opened the night before if Jimmy was showing them off to the group (he strikes me as an arrogant person who would boast of his new life, links and lifestyle). He could have walked in on Joey looking around, started accusing Joey of theft, of taking advantage to stay and then steal from him. An argument ensues, they are both big lads and maybe it got violent quickly. A side effect of drug come-downs (if that happened) can be mood swings. LD hears and comes to see what is happening but too much damage has already been done...

I wonder the proximity of that safe to a kitchen counter where knives could be kept etc.

Maybe that could explain 2 things - the guilt of LD in revealing information so soon, maybe he was pressured by JR to help him cover up? The safe being such significance that it is removed from the apartment - if it has Joey's DNA on this could be why?

Just a theory and my opinion but it's a differing one to the sexual advances and a more bulked up theory on the argument. From what I have read - JR has a history of theft, he recognises the signs and how it 'can be done' - he is threatened by this and flies into a rage?

This is good thinking - I'm stuck on the drugs and/or sex theory, but we need to keep other theories in mind.

The safe was taken from the apartment for a reason. It plays a role somehow.

I don't picture Joey trying to take anything of value - he doesn't seem the type, and he has a good job, apt, car of his own. But, maybe he was accused by the others.

Or maybe the others offered him a "job" in something illegal and Joey turned them down, which offended them enough that a fight broke out?

Someone wisely mentioned upthread that neighbors haven't mentioned hearing a commotion. Then again, maybe they have talked to LE about noises and wisely haven't talked to the press about it. The people in that building, I imagine, are not the type to want their 15 minutes in the press (at least not in connection to this).

I don't know what to think about Jeffrey. I do think he was wising up to James. In any rate, he's a victim and that's that.

jmopinion

http://pix11.com/2016/11/23/suspect...mped-in-shallow-grave-in-nj-released-on-bail/

Suspect in slaying of Hofstra grad dumped in shallow grave in NJ released on bail
How do you deny wrong doing if you're the one who called the police to say where the body was?!?!?!

Why can't prosecuters find enough evide nce to charge them and deny bail. This is ridiculous. Everything points to the both of them imo. Especially Rackover if his car was seen going in Holland Tunnel then back to NYC hours later. Blood inside his car. But innocent. Surveillance at the tunnel of James driving the vehicle. Oh okay. But they are innocent :::sarcasm:::

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

According to LinkedIn, James Rackover was a "Client Manager" with Willis Tower Watson. It was most likely a sales position, and according to Glassdoor.com, that position pays around $87,000. It sounds like a lot of money, but it would barely cover the rent of his apartment (which was likely paid by Jeffrey, anyway). I theorize that it was more of a sales-oriented position, because I don't believe he had the education to do more analytical or applied work).

He does seem to have graduated from high school, though. There's a photo of him in cap and gown, with his aunt.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/1...after-buried-body-is-found-in-new-jersey.html

Jeffrey must have had considerable influence to have landed him that job with WTW. Not only to bypass the usual HR background checks, but to bypass the usual college degree requirements that most corporations have!

Like you, I suspect he was kept, and by more than just one person.

Thank you! Yes now that you mentioned the cap and gown picture - I do remember that one. I agree - insurance firms especially the big ones usually have extensive background checks, Some require certification/licenses as well depending on what is being sold,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver