Found Deceased NY - Joseph Comunale, 26, Manhattan, 12 Nov 2016 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"A grand jury on Monday voted to indict Rackover, 25, a Florida ex-con who became a surrogate son to celebrity jeweler Jeffrey Rackover. But prosecutors won’t reveal what charges he’ll face until he’s arraigned in Manhattan Supreme Court on Dec. 13."

Same link as post above, from NY Daily News.

<snip> The grand jury’s charges against James Rackover were not revealed, as Monday’s indictment was sealed, and he was ordered to be in court on Dec. 13.

<snip> No announcement has been made on whether Dilione would be indicted.

http://nypost.com/2016/11/22/man-charged-in-death-of-party-goer-wont-testify-for-grand-jury/

Why did Larry reveal where the body was?

LD told a detective that he & James drove the victim's body to NJ, but then his atty walked in and the conversation ended.

Am I right to assume that surrogate dad is footing the bill for the defense atty?

He's $$$ and I doubt Jimmy has anywhere near what he charges.

Lawyer Maurice Sercarz, who’s also representing Rackover, questioned Monday whether prosecutors have enough evidence.

It wasn't clear if he'd spoken with Jeffrey Rackover, his adoptive father.

Asked if the elder Rackover hired him, Sercarz said "I'm retained as counsel. That's all I'm prepared to say."

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...pect-submit-evidence-photos-article-1.2882820

some updates:

He was last seen entering a building on 59th street around 7:30 a.m that Sunday. &#8220;At 4 a.m. he went to 518 E. 59th Street with people he met that night, not people he came from Connecticut with,&#8221;

Investigators said someone inside the apartment led them to the grisly scene.

Rackover denies any involvement in Comunale&#8217;s murder and his lawyer said the case has &#8220;serious problems&#8221; and will be &#8220;vigorously&#8221; contested.

Dilione&#8217;s attorney couldn&#8217;t be reached for comment.

Communal will be laid to rest on Wednesday in Stamford.

Westhill High School will also hold a special tribute ceremony for him on Saturday at Terry Connors Ice Rink in Stamford. That ceremony will take place at 3:30 p.m. before the Westhill alumni hockey game. Those who played hockey with Communale at Westhill are especially encouraged to sign up this year and play in his honor, according to the alumni Facebook page.

http://fox61.com/2016/11/22/suspect-indicted-in-connection-with-slaying-of-stamford-man/

Thanks. The reason I wanted to share the earliest reports from when it was a search for a missing person is because the details shared in the missing persons report were provided by Pat Comunale, the victim's father (same as the interview you shared). At that point the "news" had not turned their reporting into a game of telephone as they tend to do... :)

And now the latest report (Above post) quoting the COD.... so what was reported first may have changed based on more information. This case is evolving so I have a feeling many details will come forth such as how JR came to make such a great new life In NYC and what the argument was over. Until then, all of the discussion here is open to theories and opinions. Yes the safe may also provide details and it's not being ignored but no details were released except the photos.

At 4 a.m. he went to 518 E. 59th Street with people he met that night, not people he came from Connecticut with,&#8221; NYPD Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce told reporters Wednesday.

<snip> "We're treating this case as a homicide. Both of these defendants were seen in the basement adjusting the surveillance camera. Dilione is the last person who saw Joseph Comunale alive.&#8221; [ADA A. Carter]

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-partygoer-stabbed-15-times-article-1.2877608

Also, seeing reference to body was bludgeoned for first time ("police said").

Could that explain the broken pelvis? Body, whether in luggage/duffel bag or not, thrown from window or balcony is hard for me to believe.

COD was multiple stabs wounds to the torso according to ME.

Above is the link to a police source stating that the body also had been bludgeoned which prob led them to investigate whether it could have been thrown from the apt.

Reported late last night:

<snip>

Assistant District Attorney Antoinette Carter asked Judge Gerianne Abriano to allow investigators to photograph Rackover, to check for signs of a struggle or other injuries.

&#8220;Injuries to the victim are consistent with blunt force trauma," Carter said.
&#8220;We believe the defendant should be photographed."

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...pect-submit-evidence-photos-article-1.2882820

I don't think they found the murder weapon or the object which caused the blunt force trauma. Hope I'm wrong

some updates:

He was last seen entering a building on 59th street around 7:30 a.m that Sunday. &#8220;At 4 a.m. he went to 518 E. 59th Street with people he met that night, not people he came from Connecticut with,&#8221;

Investigators said someone inside the apartment led them to the grisly scene.

Rackover denies any involvement in Comunale&#8217;s murder and his lawyer said the case has &#8220;serious problems&#8221; and will be &#8220;vigorously&#8221; contested.

Dilione&#8217;s attorney couldn&#8217;t be reached for comment.

Communal will be laid to rest on Wednesday in Stamford.

Westhill High School will also hold a special tribute ceremony for him on Saturday at Terry Connors Ice Rink in Stamford. That ceremony will take place at 3:30 p.m. before the Westhill alumni hockey game. Those who played hockey with Communale at Westhill are especially encouraged to sign up this year and play in his honor, according to the alumni Facebook page.

http://fox61.com/2016/11/22/suspect-indicted-in-connection-with-slaying-of-stamford-man/

Okay, so it can be put to rest that Joey wasn't at the apartment with his friends that he came into the city with. I was thinking he knew the three women, but now we know he didn't.

I sure wish that when the females left the party, that Joey did too - without returning.
:(

My two guesses at this point:

* dispute over drugs (and/or money for drugs)
* sex encounter gone wrong

Could also be a regular ol' argument that got out of hand?

IDK.

jmo
Alcohol, drug fueled, possibly declined advances. Just off hand guess. Very sad.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Here is a link to the Crime Watch Daily video:

http://crimewatchdaily.com/videos/0-spgwd9vp/

According to this, Comunale's body was thrown from the 4th floor, but the cameras were not trained on that angle, so it wasn't caught on surveillance video. I have a hard time believing that a body goes out a window and no one notices. Although that block of E. 59th is not as well-traveled, there are always people around! Joggers, people walking their dogs, etc. Not to mention that a man of Joey's size and weight would have made a considerable thud -- and possible mess. What do you guys think?

Pat Comunale also talks about seeing surveillance video of the building porter taking out the garbage bags and telling the police they needed to check the bags. According to the NYC.gov website, trash collection for that building is on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Guess they hit it just right, or the evidence would have been sent to a landfill!

According to this, Comunale's body was thrown from the 4th floor, but the cameras were not trained on that angle, so it wasn't caught on surveillance video. I have a hard time believing that a body goes out a window and no one notices. Although that block of E. 59th is not as well-traveled, there are always people around! Joggers, people walking their dogs, etc. Not to mention that a man of Joey's size and weight would have made a considerable thud -- and possible mess. What do you guys think?

Pat Comunale also talks about seeing surveillance video of the building porter taking out the garbage bags and telling the police they needed to check the bags. According to the NYC.gov website, trash collection for that building is on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Guess they hit it just right, or the evidence would have been sent to a landfill!

If Joey were thrown from the window, what did the perps wheel out on the cart?? I'm not seeing the sequence of events - how did the body get from the apartment to the car?

They bludgeoned him, stabbed him, threw him out the window, burned him, and buried him? Some guy they just met at a bar?

I am thinking (as someone else suggested above) that it was the doorman who called 911 about suspicious package movement at the building. That makes the most sense, imo. Good for him (or for whomever made the call).

jmo

If Joey were thrown from the window, what did the perps wheel out on the cart?? I'm not seeing the sequence of events - how did the body get from the apartment to the car?

They bludgeoned him, stabbed him, threw him out the window, burned him, and buried him? Some guy they just met at a bar?

I am thinking (as someone else suggested above) that it was the doorman who called 911 about suspicious package movement at the building. That makes the most sense, imo. Good for him (or for whomever made the call).

jmo

Right?! If you're trying to get a body out of a building with surveillance, you do what I *thought* they did -- call a luggage cart and wheel it out in a suitcase. It's certainly less ostentatious than throwing a stabbed-to-death corpse onto a major Manhattan street!

I thought the "thrown from the fourth floor" theory was old news/discredited, but this segment aired today!

Thank you very much, Starkville, for this news. Good to see Mr. Comunale is being heard.

Prayers and thought continue for Joey's family, friends, community and all those touched by this

Justice for Joey

Right?! If you're trying to get a body out of a building with surveillance, you do what I *thought* they did -- call a luggage cart and wheel it out in a suitcase. It's certainly less ostentatious than throwing a stabbed-to-death corpse onto a major Manhattan street!

I thought the "thrown from the fourth floor" theory was old news/discredited, but this segment aired today!

What if, the body did go out the window, the cart went out the door with luggage on it, the luggage (just props) accompanied the cart to where the body was thrown, where he was then loaded (while in a large duffel bag) onto the cart with the luggage and wheeled to a vehicle.

That's all I can put together based on the scattered bits of info. Just haven't figured out the basement part. Maybe a service elevator that goes to the fourth floor. Maybe he was killed in the basement. Not sure where to go with this piece of info.

What if, the body did go out the window, the cart went out the door with luggage on it, the luggage (just props) accompanied the cart to where the body was thrown, where he was then loaded (while in a large duffel bag) onto the cart with the luggage and wheeled to a vehicle.

That's all I can put together based on the scattered bits of info. Just haven't figured out the basement part. Maybe a service elevator that goes to the fourth floor. Maybe he was killed in the basement. Not sure where to go with this piece of info.

You mean the items that were found in the trash in the basement? I think I read the trash chute on each floor goes to the basement.

Or, is there another basement reference I'm missing?

jmo

^^RBBM

I wonder when they interviewed him, though. Anyone know?

You mean the items that were found in the trash in the basement? I think I read the trash chute on each floor goes to the basement.

Or, is there another basement reference I'm missing?

jmo

Yes, the trash chutes on ea floor would go to a basement room where the trash is sorted, etc.

Is that why they were altering the camera in the basement? May have been seen on the screen behind the front desk just prior to or when fiddling around with the basement camera.

Did they have to use a basement exit door? Not exactly easy, but can be done. May have been left open by an employee while working in and out of the basement.

Why such overkill? That's what I don't get. It's not like these guys knew each other so there wouldn't be long-time rage or revenge or hate. And it's not like Joey is known to be a jerk who would instigate a fight - everyone says he's a nice guy, very likeable and popular.

Joey was beaten, stabbed, suffered broken pelvis, burned, and buried. That's A LOT of violence. And the perps don't appear to have injuries themselves, at least not to their faces and hands. (James had to be photographed today to capture any injuries he may have as evidence.) How did they manage that against a big, athletic guy like Joey?

If it were a fight that got out of hand, a drug deal that went bad, a sexual advance that was rebuffed....why SO MUCH violence in response? Why not just kick the guy out? And what prevented Joey from leaving when things got bad?

Baffled.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members