Found Deceased NY - Joseph Comunale, 26, Manhattan, 12 Nov 2016 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
mom of two young men (22 and 18) here. they refer to other guys as "that kid" frequently. its just like saying "that guy" it can refer to peers a little older or younger.

Yes same here - I am now leaning towards JC being in the city with a few friends from college and them leaving while he continued on with the wo suspects. Maybe he had interest in one of the women and she invited him to the party. He may have stepped on some toes if JR was interested and after he got back to the apartment anger ensued,

I have been reading every article online to catch up and I don't get JR referring to JC as "that kid" in the most recent one I read. JC was older than JR but I guess if he didn't know him he could have appeared much younger.

mom of two young men (22 and 18) here. they refer to other guys as "that kid" frequently. its just like saying "that guy" it can refer to peers a little older or younger.

I hear you, but I think in this case James' narcissism may be leaking.

That "kid," (used the word several times)

meaning that naive, not very street smart guy. That sucker who was so silly to trust individuals like me/like us.

Many who Are street smart and Not naive have been taken in by highly manipulative narcissists

Maybe they did know each other prior. Of course James would want to distance himself from Joey in light of what transpired. Maybe Joey had info on him that he did not want exposed. Joey isn't here to say whether they knew each other prior.

No friends have come forward to say they went out with Joey that night. Maybe he was meeting James out that night and they brought the girls home together.

Do we know yet if those 3 girls have come forward or being questioned on what occured prior to them leaving?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

[video=youtube;ByCnDvscdho]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCnDvscdho[/video]

Eva Pilgrim speaks with Mr. Comunale about his son, ABCNEWS Nov 20, 2016
Joey Comunale went to NYC for a night of partying and his body was found days later in a shallow grave.

Seen that morning,

'Coming out to help the ladies into a cab...'

At about 40/41 second marker in this video, LE is seen searching in the planters for any evidence. Next, video shows LE pointing to window/apt above, presumably James' apt.

Then, network covers the next shots with a rectangular bail insert. Following that, we see LE placing an umbrella type marker where poss evidence might land.

Of course, I could be imagining all of the above

Do we know yet if those 3 girls have come forward or being questioned on what occured prior to them leaving?

We don't know what they have said, but Yes, investigators have spoken to all of them:

<snip> The People With Him

Comunale was with at least five people &#8212; two men and three women &#8212; in the apartment at some point Saturday night into Sunday morning, according to the NYPD.

"We've spoken to each one of them," NYPD Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce said at a press conference Wednesday. "Right now, we're piecing together stories that each one has given us."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/men-charged-murder-stabbing-death-joseph-comunale/story?id=43604105

We don't know what they have said, but Yes, investigators have spoken to all of them:

The People With Him

Comunale was with at least five people — two men and three women — in the apartment at some point Saturday night into Sunday morning, according to the NYPD.

"We've spoken to each one of them," NYPD Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce said at a press conference Wednesday. "Right now, we're piecing together stories that each one has given us."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/men-charged-murder-stabbing-death-joseph-comunale/story?id=43604105
Thank you! I must of missed that &#128522;

They went to interview the roommate of LD. He wasn't home, said he retained attorney and that he was at the apartment that night. For some reason they cut all of that off the internet. IMO the timeline does not give enough time to travel to the burial site, get gas and shovels etc and return to the apartment. Maybe JR dropped LD off and went home.

Egos, drugs, alcohol, good looking athlete who's successful, good looking. Jealousy...sad sad

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

I hear you, but I think in this case James' narcissism may be leaking.

That "kid," (used the word several times)

meaning that naive, not very street smart guy. That sucker who was so silly to trust individuals like me/like us.

Many who Are street smart and Not naive have been taken in by highly manipulative narcissists

As a southerner who watched a lot of Jersey Shore, it seems northern Yankees from the NY/NJ area use kid as we southerners use dude or man. Jmo

They went to interview the roommate of LD. He wasn't home, said he retained attorney and that he was at the apartment that night. For some reason they cut all of that off the internet. IMO the timeline does not give enough time to travel to the burial site, get gas and shovels etc and return to the apartment. Maybe JR dropped LD off and went home.

Interesting comment; you've peaked my curiosity.
Can you please expand on this?

This is the most accurate timeline I've seen but it might be incorrect.

9:45 P.M. SUNDAY
License plate readers indicate that the Mercedes traveled from the Upper East Side of Manhattan onto the FDR and through the Holland Tunnel to New Jersey.

3 A.M. MONDAY - NOV. 14
A little more than five hours later, a vehicle with the same license plate as the Mercedes is recorded coming back through the Holland Tunnel. It heads north on FDR Drive.

3:15 A.M. MONDAY
Surveillance video from a parking garage on East 58th Street in Manhattan shows where the Mercedes went next.

Why such overkill? That's what I don't get. It's not like these guys knew each other so there wouldn't be long-time rage or revenge or hate. And it's not like Joey is known to be a jerk who would instigate a fight - everyone says he's a nice guy, very likeable and popular.

Joey was beaten, stabbed, suffered broken pelvis, burned, and buried. That's A LOT of violence. And the perps don't appear to have injuries themselves, at least not to their faces and hands. (James had to be photographed today to capture any injuries he may have as evidence.) How did they manage that against a big, athletic guy like Joey?

If it were a fight that got out of hand, a drug deal that went bad, a sexual advance that was rebuffed....why SO MUCH violence in response? Why not just kick the guy out? And what prevented Joey from leaving when things got bad?

Baffled.

jmo

I've never killed anyone and the last fight I got in occurred when I was 14 years old; the fight was broken up by an 80 year old nun so clearly I am not an expert...

That being said, I imagine that if you get to the point that for whatever reason you decide to kill them in the moment, your adrenaline and rage probably takes control and you don't stop until there's a pause in the rage. [That being said, the pelvis remains a mystery]

One of the more curious things about this incident is that to our knowledge none of the neighbors reported loud yelling/screaming after 7am (when Comunale returned) and before 10am (when Jeffrey Rackover took the dog for a walk). As far as I know Comunale's throat was not slashed so one would assume that he would have been able to yell/scream when the attack began until he was overcome by his injuries.

So many questions, so few answers. Unless one of the suspects cuts a deal I imagine that the public will not learn much more information before Rackover's next court date in mid-December.

Why such overkill? That's what I don't get. It's not like these guys knew each other so there wouldn't be long-time rage or revenge or hate. And it's not like Joey is known to be a jerk who would instigate a fight - everyone says he's a nice guy, very likeable and popular.

Joey was beaten, stabbed, suffered broken pelvis, burned, and buried. That's A LOT of violence. And the perps don't appear to have injuries themselves, at least not to their faces and hands. (James had to be photographed today to capture any injuries he may have as evidence.) How did they manage that against a big, athletic guy like Joey?

If it were a fight that got out of hand, a drug deal that went bad, a sexual advance that was rebuffed....why SO MUCH violence in response? Why not just kick the guy out? And what prevented Joey from leaving when things got bad?

Baffled.

jmo

YES - the amount of violence is what I have not been able to grasp . I would think if one of the two accused went off the deep end the other would have stopped it when the knife was introduced. This is almost like a revenge reaction ....and like you said ...with someone whom you just met and been hanging out with for a bit. I have heard of road rage induced murders but what the heck drove tempers up that much???

The amount of unbelievably violent abuse that poor man took from those two had me considering other possibilities like maybe a jealous lover appeared on the scene while all were asleep and got the wrong impression and perhaps murdered JC in his sleep but that would make no sense for the two to try to help cover it up and take the fall for that person. This was totally an act of rage in my opinion but over what???

I have some catching up to do since I was at work and didn't see this latest report about JC being thrown from the 4th floor. I hope that is not true but I have two pages to go.

YES - the amount of violence is what I have not been able to grasp . I would think if one of the two accused went off the deep end the other would have stopped it when the knife was introduced. This is almost like a revenge reaction ....and like you said ...with someone whom you just met and been hanging out with for a bit. I have heard of road rage induced murders but what the heck drove tempers up that much???

The amount of unbelievably violent abuse that poor man took from those two had me considering other possibilities like maybe a jealous lover appeared on the scene while all were asleep and got the wrong impression and perhaps murdered JC in his sleep but that would make no sense for the two to try to help cover it up and take the fall for that person. This was totally an act of rage in my opinion but over what???

I have some catching up to do since I was at work and didn't see this latest report about JC being thrown from the 4th floor. I hope that is not true but I have two pages to go.

That is what I think is very possible that a jealous lover turned up and did this to Joey.. All this violence and both men appear to look picture perfect without any defense wounds. Maybe Joey was killed in his sleep. Why the cover up then?? Money,fear,connections to possibly get off.

Does anyone know what JR does for a living....actually I should rephrase -does anyone know what he does for his "legal" employer ? I read he worked for an insurance company but I have to believe it was not selling insurance given his previous arrests. His ex-girlfriend said he didn't graduate high school and so I'm curious what position he held at the insurance company. His ex also stated that he used to repair yachts when they dated so that doesn't really translate to office work.

She commented that he started making trips to New York and those became more frequent and he returned with wads of cash. Based on her comments, I can only think of several jobs that would pay that well and in cash. If I rule out long distance bartender/waiter or construction worker - I am left with two highly profitable possibilities both illegal. I highly doubt he was on his way up the corporate ladder with the insurance company but was just curious if anyone knew.

To me, this was a kept man living off of others' vices and/or desires. His ex said his entire appearance changed after moved to NYC and if this entire new life was a facade, I can see how he would have jealousy and anger issues if challenged and cornered - one misstep and he would be back in Florida without financial backing.

<snip> The People With Him

Comunale was with at least five people — two men and three women — in the apartment at some point Saturday night into Sunday morning, according to the NYPD.

One article states that JR claims that he stayed home the entire night and that the group came to his apartment . I would think the women could verify that claim not to mention the cameras in the building and club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver