Found Deceased NY - Joseph Comunale, 26, Manhattan, 12 Nov 2016 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what if anything pertaining to the murder discovered in safe.

Guessing may be supply of steroids, cocaine.

How much longer can they legally keep questioning him without charging him? Don't they have to release him at some point if they don't charge him?

<snip> On Wednesday evening, detectives continued to search the apartment and were seen rolling a metal safe from the building.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-nyc-party-found-new-jersey-article-1.2875953

I don't understand throwing from a window. How did the body get back upstairs? We know he called for a luggage cart and rolled 2 suitcases out.

JMO... I'm not sure about motive but suspect maybe drugs/money or both? The suspect is the son of a very wealthy man and appears to be quite wealthy himself, why do something so stupid and lose everything you have? Unless maybe they were doing drugs which can make people lose their minds and not think rationally. If I had that kind of money I sure as hell wouldn't want to screw my whole life up & lose it all... But sometimes people with lots of money think they are above the law as well. JMO.

RIP Joseph.. You didn't deserve to have your life cut so short like this.

My guess would be he wasn't the richest among them. Tragic, so young, with so much going for him.

Thoughts and prayers to those touched by Joseph's death. May the truth be known and may he rest in peace.

According to the Daily Mail, James Rackover is not actually the son of Jeffrey Rackover. He is a convicted criminal formerly named James Beaudpin, who moved in with Jeffrey Rackover and changed his name.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-partying-revealed-ADOPTED-jeweler-stars.html

Read this (below) earlier, and thought it was odd:

<snip> The luxury pad, near Sutton Place, was being paid for by jeweler Jeffrey Rackover, who adorns A-listers and helped Donald Trump pick out an engagement ring for his wife Melania, sources said.

Jeffrey lives in another apartment in the same building, but it’s unclear how the pair are related.

http://nypost.com/2016/11/17/police-questioning-suspect-in-bizarre-death-of-missing-partier/

So may have simply changed his name, and is not adopted (in which case he would obvi be elder JR's son).

According to the Daily Mail, James Rackover is not actually the son of Jeffrey Rackover. He is a convicted criminal formerly named James Beaudpin, who moved in with Jeffrey Rackover and changed his name.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-partying-revealed-ADOPTED-jeweler-stars.html

Also from that link: "Neighbors in the swanky building, which is next door to president-elect Donald Trump's son Donald Jr, said they assumed the younger Rackover was Jeffrey's gay lover.'I have seen them working out together in the gym and there is no way they were father and son,' one told the DailyMail.com."

That's where my thoughts went after reading your post. No shame in having a gay lover... why the secrecy? Unless this started when James was under age?

He was born James Beaudoin in Florida

James' criminal history begins in August of 2007, when he was charged with armed robbery, attempted robbery and possession of less than 20 grams of cannabis in Broward County.

Then, in January of 2009 he was charged with burglary of an unoccupied dwelling, again in Broward County. For that arrest he was also charged with violating his probation.

He left Broward County and his criminal past behind however to travel north to New York, where he found a new home in Jeffrey Rackover's multimillion dollar apartment.

James was later given his own apartment in the same building

Jeffrey treated James as the son he never had and allowed him to formally use his name.

'Jeffrey never had children, he developed a relationship with this young man and introduced him to his family,' said private detective Bo Dietl, a friend of 30 years.

'Jimmy was a troubled young man and Jeffrey hoped to get him back on his feet.'

Jeffrey even got James a job at Willis Towers Watson insurance company along with his own apartment.

'Jeffrey was on the 32nd floor and James on the fourth floor,' said Dietl.

'They first met, I believe, at a health club about three-and-a-half years ago. Jimmy moved into the apartment about a year ago. Jimmy changed his name to James Rackover because Jeffrey liked this kid so much.'

Neighbors in the swanky building, which is next door to president-elect Donald Trump's son Donald Jr, said they assumed the younger Rackover was Jeffrey's gay lover. 'I have seen them working out together in the gym and there is no way they were father and son,' one told the DailyMail.com.

'Another friend saw them at a wedding and that was definitely not an appropriate father son relationship. '

: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aled-ADOPTED-jeweler-stars.html#ixzz4QI1CpsJy

Whoa. Just catching up with the details. I figured this was going to be a complicated story with more to it than meets the eye - not simply a night of partying gone wrong.

The perp might be lawyered up, but a juicy story in the partying crowd is going to get leaked.

So sorry for Joey. Justice will be served, I truly hope.

jmo

Sorry edited to remove link not allowed on WS.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

That is a good possibility (James being underage when he met Jeffrey)! Going by the timeline the DailyMail gives, they could have met when James was just 18.

However, once he was of legal age, it wouldn't matter. No one in Jeff Rackover's social circle would bat an eyelash if he had a younger male lover.

(Edited)

The latest Daily Fail article extensively quotes Jeffrey Rackover's longtime friend Bo Dietl.

In my opinion, Bo unknowingly implicates Jeffrey as an accessory after the fact:
'Jeffrey went to sleep on Saturday night, then at 10am he went down to Jimmy's apartment to walk to dog. The place looked fine,' he explained.

The description of the crime scene by NYPD describes a half *advertiser censored* clean-up job and liquor bottles and red plastic solo cups around the apartment. Clearly Jeffrey knew something was amiss.

One would be wise to examine if Jeffrey Rackover did business with Foggia Florist located in Oceanport, New Jersey.

This is getting stranger and stranger!!!! Wow.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

The name change could be a result of 1) avoiding being outed as an ex-con; 2) being adopted by Jeffrey, or; 3) marriage

The name change and insinuation that James was the "son" of a very prominent, respected businessman also would serve to allow James to avoid a pesky background check when obtaining employment with Willis (a position that Jeffrey recommended him for).

The fact that James was arrested for driving without a license is significant as it is likely that James was never able to circumvent the NY DMV to obtain an ID with the Rackover name.

The name change and insinuation that James was the "son" of a very prominent, respected businessman also would serve to allow James to avoid a pesky background check when obtaining employment with Willis (a position that Jeffrey recommended him for).

The fact that James was arrested for driving without a license is significant as it is likely that James was never able to circumvent the NY DMV to obtain an ID with the Rackover name.

Great to see you again, HC! You'd be surprised how often you come to mind, and your great posts.

Great to see you again, HC! You'd be surprised how often you come to mind, and your great posts.

You're far too sweet; thanks for the kind words. It's wonderful to see you again as well. :)

That is a good possibility (James being underage when he met Jeffrey)! Going by the timeline the DailyMail gives, they could have met when James was just 18.

However, once he was of legal age, it wouldn't matter. No one in Jeff Rackover's social circle would bat an eyelash if he had a younger male lover.

(Edited)

According to Bo Dietl: 'They first met, I believe, at a health club about three-and-a-half years ago. Jimmy moved into the apartment about a year ago,' said Dietl.

The same article claims that James Arthur Beaudoin [Rackover] is 25 years old.

NY Daily News latest article:

A blood-spattered East Side apartment provided damning evidence in the savage slaying of a Connecticut man stabbed 15 times and buried in a shallow grave, a top NYPD official said.

Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce provided the most detailed description yet Thursday of the post-mortem scene inside the home of suspect James Rackover &#8212; son of a prominent celebrity jeweler.

Joseph Comunale, 26, of Stamford, Conn., was stabbed repeatedly inside the luxury 36-story building before his body was driven to New Jersey and dumped in the ground, sources had told the Daily News.

The killers also attempted to burn his body after dousing the victim with gasoline, said Boyce. Though no suspect was yet arrested, Rackover and a second man were in custody at the 13th Precinct.

The second man has cooperated with police, while Rackover &#8212; who was arrested Tuesday evening &#8212; hired an attorney and has remained silent.

The motive for the vicious attack remained under investigation, although sources indicated the killing occurred after Comunale rejected the advances of one of the men inside the apartment.

Wow... I used to walk to the Tj Maxx on 59th and First from my apartment all the time when I lived in the City. This is not how I wanted to be reminded of that.

It is such an awful waste of a life. :(
I hope this &^%* will be put away for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper