NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil Vetrano is saying that if you don't want to call the tip line you can message him privately through fb or .
He says he can't speak about certain things because they are a police matter.
Something led him to believe there is a family member that knows something but he can't speak about what it was that led him to believe that.That is to explain his statement about a sister who is in distress.
Sliwa is asking him about the jogger that the Vetrano's were looking for. He replies that there was a jogger that would run the same route and they would see him 4 or 5 days a week for the past 3 years.
They haven't seen him since Karina was killed. 30 to 35, about 150 pounds and not very muscular but very fit looking, black hair parted to the side, extremely well groomed,wears long running shorts and long socks, sometimes shirtless in the summer and black gloves and hat in the winter. He knows he is from the neighborhood and he feels that someone has to know who he is and where he came from.

Phil Vetrano is saying that if you don't want to call the tip line you can message him privately through fb or .
He says he can't speak about certain things because they are a police matter.
Something led him to believe there is a family member that knows something but he can't speak about what it was that led him to believe that.That is to explain his statement about a sister who is in distress.
Sliwa is asking him about the jogger that the Vetrano's were looking for. He replies that there was a jogger that would run the same route and they would see him 4 or 5 days a week for the past 3 years.
They haven't seen him since Karina was killed. 30 to 35, about 150 pounds and not very muscular but very fit looking, black hair parted to the side, extremely well groomed,wears long running shorts and long socks, sometimes shirtless in the summer and black gloves and hat in the winter. He knows he is from the neighborhood and he feels that someone has to know who he is and where he came from.

RBB : This is so interesting. jmo

I listened to Phil Vetrano and find what he said to be very interesting. Also, this loser created a new Karina profile. It does seem he/she is blaming Karine yet this latest status also mentions her dad

that is really creepy.. or maybe its LE in hopes to see who will try and befriend the page?

Originally Posted by x_files View Post

I found that new FB that was just created. wow. That's disturbing.
I'd link but it's against TOS just search her name and it comes up under Howard Beach and her braid photo. Someone created this account in the last 11 hours. Very disturbing. I hope the LE are aware of it's existence.

That's very interesting.
maybe it's the same weirdo who posted fake profiles for the LISK victims in Long Island.

Okay, why is "THE WEEDS" capitalized, and in quotation marks ? Seems like this person is referencing something ...jmo

Isn't that the nickname of that area? The local kids called it The Weeds, I read it on a news article recently regarding this case.

I know in things like the restaurant industry when people say they are "in the weeds" it means in over their head.....perhaps he's saying Karina had gotten into something and was "in over her head" or "in the weeds"

Ps we also know she worked in the restaurant industry so could it perhaps be an indication to in over her head with something involving one of the lounges she worked?

I don't use facebook so I couldn't access the web page, but it is very disturbing to me that someone would make a fake profile for her. It actually made me tear up thinking that her family might see it and has gone through so much torture already, wth. It's just super sad and messed up. In response to what has been posted above, perhaps there was a hit put out on her for something that she saw or knew about, it's a long shot, but who knows. The sexual assault could have been done to make it look as if that were the motive, especially if it was done with a foreign object, I know that some people have suggested that the condom was planted. In an extreme thought, maybe she turned down the advances of someone involved in a criminal enterprise and this was how they "retaliated". I feel so sick even thinking about these scenarios, but wanted to put it out there in case anyone else was having similar thoughts.

I don't use facebook so I couldn't access the web page, but it is very disturbing to me that someone would make a fake profile for her. It actually made me tear up thinking that her family might see it and has gone through so much torture already, wth. It's just super sad and messed up. In response to what has been posted above, perhaps there was a hit put out on her for something that she saw or knew about, it's a long shot, but who knows. The sexual assault could have been done to make it look as if that were the motive, especially if it was done with a foreign object, I know that some people have suggested that the condom was planted. In an extreme thought, maybe she turned down the advances of someone involved in a criminal enterprise and this was how they "retaliated". I feel so sick even thinking about these scenarios, but wanted to put it out there in case anyone else was having similar thoughts.

I also wonder if it could have been someone who knew the dad well (well enough to know his injury would keep him home and what the normal running route was) but perhaps someone with a grudge against the father and took it out where it would hurt him most....

The FB profile is not earth shattering or strange, IMO.
I have followed several MP/homicide cases where some nutcase thought it was witty or funny. It's neither, actually. It wastes time and resources.

The FB profile is not earth shattering or strange, IMO.
I have followed several MP/homicide cases where some nutcase thought it was witty or funny. It's neither, actually. It wastes time and resources.
This person is being mean spirited. Its pretty pathetic.

Here is the audio link:
8-29-16: Curtis Talks with Phil and Cathie Vetrano Parents of Murdered Queens Jogger Karina Vetrano
https://audioboom.com/boos/4988795-...ents-of-murdered-queens-jogger-karina-vetrano

Thank you for this, SeeSeas. Neat nick :).

I just caught the end of the segment.

Another article mentioning the jogger they are interested in talking to:
5'9, 150 pounds, often wears "long running shorts" and "very high socks" with sunglasses, commonly dressed in all black, or shirtless during warmer "fit, extremely fit."

http://www.qchron.com/editions/vetr...cle_4d2a394a-6e04-11e6-8d66-df182d60d0e0.html

Thank you, OldSteve, too.

'Socks up to his shins' because he runs in the weeds sometimes and not on the paths?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3