NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. green shin socks. Could this guy shave his legs, maybe cross dress? As woman, all those cuts and bruises could go away? Well groomed shirtless, in the summer. thin built. Strange stride, short choppy stride, used to heels?

No offense, but that's a *really* unlikely theory imo.

Many runners these days wear compression knee socks because they believe it helps with leg fatigue. Also, even way back when in the 90s many of the male runners I ran with wore knee socks regardless of how little else they were wearing in the summer. Not to mention the socks would protect a runner who runs on trails from poison ivy and weed lacerations.

I can't imagine a man would be concerned about being another victim though? Do men think that way? Could be he just thinks it's creepy to go there? With the pretty detailed description of him, I'd be surprised if he's not identified by somebody very quickly and he can come forward.

If I was him I wouldn't want to run that trail now either, for a variety of reasons:
1.I'd be afraid someone might hit *me* over the head with a rock too, even if the attacker wasn't interested in sexually assaulting me
2.I'd feel like I was on display and under surveillance if kept running there
3. And lastly, the main reason I wouldn't run there is because I would have started running there in the first place because I found it tranquil, a place to forget the cares of the city; a place to spend meditative time in nature. Running in nature is good for the spirit and feels completely different than running on roads. After this episode it would no longer be a "happy place" for me where I could relax and forget my cares, but instead a place fraught with anxieties.

BBM

EXACTLY!!!
LE is not shy. If they wanted to speak to this jogger...they would put the word out.

Why hasn't LE put out a forensic sketch of this man ? Did Mr. V. state that he thinks this guy is from the neighborhood ? If so, it is likely that he would be identified quickly from a police sketch...and why wasn't this mentioned right away , I wonder ?

If I was him I wouldn't want to run that trail now either, for a variety of reasons:
1.I'd be afraid someone might hit *me* over the head with a rock too, even if the attacker wasn't interested in sexually assaulting me
2.I'd feel like I was on display and under surveillance if kept running there
3. And lastly, the main reason I wouldn't run there is because I would have started running there in the first place because I found it tranquil, a place to forget the cares of the city; a place to spend meditative time in nature. Running in nature is good for the spirit and feels completely different than running on roads. After this episode it would no longer be a "happy place" for me where I could relax and forget my cares, but instead a place fraught with anxieties.
Don't post much on this thread but I wanted to say how much sense your post makes. Ty. I see many joggers wearing tube style socks, for 1: among the younger set it has been in fashion the past few years (see Nike sandals and long socks everywhere) for 2. Among those of us that are older, our husbands won't let go of that 70s style, and for 3: you hit the nail on the head who would want to jog where such a tragedy struck? How can that be healthy? I bet dozens of runners have avoided that trail since. I think dad is grasping. It keeps him going. What happens when the day comes and nothing left to pursue? Crushing grief.

Anyway, good post![emoji4]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

http://pix11.com/2016/08/30/karina-...uld-talk-to-mystery-jogger-not-seen-in-weeks/

Karina Vetrano’s father says police should talk to missing mystery jogger

Snip

The NYPD says there are no suspects or persons of interest in custody in the case. They also could not confirm Vetrano's claim of a suspicious jogger.
I'm getting that uneasy feeling. Why wasn't this jogger mentioned at the onset?

There was surveillance video of her entering the trail. No one came out or followed her into the trail.

Did Dad think it not important to mention the same jogger they passed by on the same trail for the past 3 years?!

It almost feels like there are 2
investigations going on at once.
I can"t imagine the police are at all happy about this.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

They need to find out who has recently moved out of the area or had their mail stopped or forwarded, etc. If I'm not mistaken, the houses in the area are on the more expensive end, and he could have money. That would allow him to freedom to take off and be gone for long periods.

I suppose it could be the opposite too. If there are rentals in the area, he could have bailed on his lease. Without knowing the area, I suppose either could be true. Either way, sounds like he left abruptly.

I don't know what to think about this "missing jogger" story.
Could be something. Could be nothing.
He could be visiting family. He could be injured. He could be anything. If he even exists.

I just want an arrest. Or a wanted poster/sketch released by the NYPD.

I found a Vetro Restaurant (part of Russo Restaurant Group) only blocks away from the path this guy ran (84th & 165th). I wonder if this is their restaurant? Did he know here from there? This is complete speculation, but the page for Vetro is empty at this time.

http://vetronyc.com/giardinos

The mystery jogger might be completely unrelated and has decided to jog elsewhere for his own safety (there is a killer out there) or to avoid someone seeing him drawing conclusions as I'm sure ALL males in the area are getting stared at and speculated about.

I found a Vetro Restaurant (part of Russo Restaurant Group) only blocks away from the path this guy ran (84th & 165th). I wonder if this is their restaurant? Did he know here from there? This is complete speculation, but the page for Vetro is empty at this time.

http://vetronyc.com/giardinos
Oh Wow!!!! The heebee jeebies one. They said they were closing for a week in memory of Karina.
Lunancy, I hope you got your credit card resolved. Could be this was a "habit" the restaurant
practiced. Jmo

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

He had to live nearby and perhaps he was a patron of the restaurant.

Since they have her on camera from the restaurant, they have to have him too. It seems that is the route he took. If anything, they need to ask all local homes for any security footage they have. Maybe they can pinpoint where he lives by the route he took.

I think the father has a point since the guy could have at least showed up at Karina's memorial/wake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody