NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a Vetro Restaurant (part of Russo Restaurant Group) only blocks away from the path this guy ran (84th & 165th). I wonder if this is their restaurant? Did he know here from there? This is complete speculation, but the page for Vetro is empty at this time.

http://vetronyc.com/giardinos
Yes, Vetro is the restaurant she worked at in the Rooftop part in 2015. I thought it was odd they closed for a full week.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The mystery jogger has been clear apparently. But it sucks that some news are behind and they're just reporting about the mystery jogger as we speak and then tomorrow those slow news outlets will report the clearing -_-

There we go.. at least the father can get that one man out of his mind... but now we are back to no/few leads.

Amazing how fast they tested his dna and cleared him.

Sorry if this was already posted. DNA profile of the killer
http://abc7ny.com/news/dna-profile-of-howard-beach-joggers-killer-developed-nypd-says/1491052/

From Laura's link:

<snip>

Chief Robert Boyce told reporters Tuesday that detectives collected DNA from three different parts of the investigation - Vetrano's cellphone, touch DNA from her neck and DNA from other parts of her body.

^^ BBM

That's different from what was originally reported. I still believe they found his semen...don't believe he is literally impotent.

<snip>

Boyce said the investigation is now focusing on people who might have been in jail before 1998, when the nationwide database was first started, or on someone younger who might not have done jail time.

"As you can imagine, that's quite an undertaking," Boyce said...

http://abc7ny.com/news/dna-profile-of-howard-beach-joggers-killer-developed-nypd-says/1491052/

From Laura's link:

<snip>

Chief Robert Boyce told reporters Tuesday that detectives collected DNA from three different parts of the investigation - Vetrano's cellphone, touch DNA from her neck and DNA from other parts of her body.

^^ BBM

That's different from what was originally reported. I still believe they found his semen...don't believe he is literally impotent.

<snip>

Boyce said the investigation is now focusing on people who might have been in jail before 1998, when the nationwide database was first started, or on someone younger who might not have done jail time.

I noticed that too..

No offense, but that's a *really* unlikely theory imo.

Many runners these days wear compression knee socks because they believe it helps with leg fatigue. Also, even way back when in the 90s many of the male runners I ran with wore knee socks regardless of how little else they were wearing in the summer. Not to mention the socks would protect a runner who runs on trails from poison ivy and weed lacerations.

Shin splints are common too. I can run, but I'd rather cross dress. It was late :)

Yes, Vetro is the restaurant she worked at in the Rooftop part in 2015. I thought it was odd they closed for a full week.

Did u ever get your cc corrected there? Maybe this was a "habit"
they had and were overcharging customers. Maybe KV knew this was going on and.....

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Did u ever get your cc corrected there? Maybe this was a "habit"
they had and were overcharging customers. Maybe KV knew this was going on and.....

Never did. I recently called as well. I think I'll just have to send it certified in the mail.

Never did. I recently called as well. I think I'll just have to send it certified in the mail.

Someone said they are no longer on the web! And they closed for a week during KV's death. Something not right about this place!#

Sounds from what LE has shared, that the restaurant is not in the realm of suspicion.

Great to have more news and verified information.

Sounds from what LE has shared, that the restaurant is not in the realm of suspicion.

Great to have more news and verified information.
Hi HG- where did see they are not interested in the restaurant?

Or maybe he worked there with her.

I'm leaning towards the same thought. Btw the "in the weeds" comment on the Facebook page last night, and the fact the restaurant shut down for a week after her murder...and now permanently? .... Seems like someone running the restaurant was very very closely effected by her death, and it makes me wonder if it's cause they were involved. In the weeds is usually resturant lingo for being in over your head, or swamped.

Could the resturant have a "side business" ?

From Laura's link:

<snip>

^^ BBM

<snip>

Sorry this is funny to me that they are saying they want to look at people who were in jail back that far since their DNA might not be in the system....the CODIS is back logged by YEARS and YEARS!!!!! Personally the backlog is a more logical reason why the perp wouldn't have popped up as a match in the system rather then it being do to the perp being arrested decades before.

Hi HG- where did see they are not interested in the restaurant?

I surmised from what was mentioned by LE in the most recent report. Restaurants open and close a lot. Trolls like attention a lot which the site seems to be.

I surmised from what was mentioned by LE in the most recent report. Restaurants open and close a lot. Trolls like attention a lot which the site seems to be.

Here's one link:

<snip>

BBM

Detectives also have gone through Vetrano&#8217;s social and work life &#8212; she worked at Vetro Restaurant & Lounge and was involved in filmmaking &#8212; but have found nothing of note, the official said. Some investigators said Vetrano&#8217;s last run was a random event which any killer wouldn&#8217;t have known about in advance.

&#8220;The wrong time, wrong place,&#8221; the official said.

http://www.amny.com/news/solving-de...etrano-may-take-a-while-police-say-1.12211266

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member