NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone said they are no longer on the web! And they closed for a week during KV's death. Something not right about this place!#

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

http://vetronyc.com/

I think the other link went to the wrong page. This link worked fine for me. I also went back to their facebook page when she died. They closed the rooftop bar for a week - not the restaurant.

I surmised from what was mentioned by LE in the most recent report. Restaurants open and close a lot. Trolls like attention a lot which the site seems to be.
Thank you. But I'm not buying it.
Something not quite right.

http://vetronyc.com/

I think the other link went to the wrong page. This link worked fine for me. I also went back to their facebook page when she died. They closed the rooftop bar for a week - not the restaurant.

Yes, and likely many of the Rooftop employees would be grieving, would be attending her wake etc and likely would have requested time off from work anyway.

Who knows, it could have been something as decent as not wanting to serve a gawking crowd when their friend was brutally killed, during a high profile moment? We may never know, but can take our guesses.

Yes, and likely many of the Rooftop employees would be grieving, would be attending her wake etc and likely would have requested time off from work anyway.

I wonder how many people who she worked with in 2015 would still be there. From my experience restaurants, especially night clubs have a high turnover for staff. I'd be surprised if many of the peers she worked with then, would still be employed there in large numbers at the time of her death. But you never know.

I certainly wouldn't rule out a restaurant connection at this point.

Back to square one!

This is horrible. Her family must be besides themselves.

Chief of Dets Boyce today:

<snip>

BBM

Chief Boyce said detectives still believe the killing was "a random attack." He reiterated the current investigative theory that the suspect retreated through the weeds and emerged along the belt parkway in Brooklyn.
Detectives have traced all possible escape routes with no suspect on camera, and no evidence indicating any one person. They have talked with known shoplifters and panhandlers in the area.

http://abc7ny.com/news/dna-profile-of-howard-beach-joggers-killer-developed-nypd-says/1491052/

I'm leaning towards the same thought. Btw the "in the weeds" comment on the Facebook page last night, and the fact the restaurant shut down for a week after her murder...and now permanently? .... Seems like someone running the restaurant was very very closely effected by her death, and it makes me wonder if it's cause they were involved. In the weeds is usually resturant lingo for being in over your head, or swamped.

Could the resturant have a "side business" ?

Could the restaurant name Vetro be a contraction of Vetrano?

Vetro is owned by Russos on the Bay, a very big weddding venue in Queens.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sorry this is funny to me that they are saying they want to look at people who were in jail back that far since their DNA might not be in the system....the CODIS is back logged by YEARS and YEARS!!!!! Personally the backlog is a more logical reason why the perp wouldn't have popped up as a match in the system rather then it being do to the perp being arrested decades before.

I wish they could set up a account to get caught up! Everyone chip in.

I dont fault the dad for being overzealous. He's lucky his daughter even got this much attention, when you consider the ratio of homocide dectectives compared to the number of homocides. They can only spend so much time on one person, and he knows that. If he's got some gut feelings, he should speak on it. He knows the area, and you just never know about hunches.

I dont fault the dad for being overzealous. He's lucky his daughter even got this much attention, when you consider the ratio of homocide dectectives compared to the number of homocides. They can only spend so much time on one person, and he knows that. If he's got some gut feelings, he should speak on it. He knows the area, and you just never know about hunches.

He's not just a random father of a murder victim though. He was a NY firefighter in an old school neighborhood where police officers and firefighters tend to be close knit...so I'd think he had more of an "in" then most fathers of murder victims would have.

He's not just a random father of a murder victim though. He was a NY firefighter in an old school neighborhood where police officers and firefighters tend to be close knit...so I'd think he had more of an "in" then most fathers of murder victims would have.

Yes to this. Also, K. was found with the help of a police captain friend and neighbor of K.'s father. PV is a 911 first responder, and LE / FD in NYC don't forget. jmo

Right. But they will have to move on to new murders, unfortunately. His "in" can still only go so far.

&#8216;Mystery jogger&#8217; ruled out in Karina Vetrano&#8217;s slaying, police say
By Anthony M. DeStefano, Newsday
Aug 30 16, 5:43 pm

"was ruled out as a possible subject in the investigation of the killing of Karina Vetrano after the person voluntarily talked with police Monday night, a top NYPD official said Tuesday."

[...]

&#8220;unknown person or persons,&#8221; police have said.

[...]

"the jogger went to the precinct after hearing the broadcast and was quickly discounted as a subject in the probe."

[...]

the bike and jogging path at the north end of the park along the Belt Parkway. The path runs west to Brooklyn and east to South Ozone Park. However, there is a lack of video coverage in part of that area, which includes a shopping mall on Erskine Street,"

[...]

&#8220;We don&#8217;t think this has anything to do with Karina&#8217;s background at all,&#8221;

[... NYPD Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce states]

&#8220;We still maintain it was a random attack... There is nothing that suggests anybody in her past would do this to her.&#8221;

A great New Yorker. So good of him to do so fast.

Right. But they will have to move on to new murders, unfortunately. His "in" can still only go so far.

If the investigators on this case know the father well, they would look at his daughter like their own, and it would make this case intensely personal....meaning not one to be overshadowed or detracted from even in the face of other cases. (Jmo of course)

.Right.

I do think he had an "in," but going to the media with stories that don't mesh with LE is going to be tiring for them. They don't want to have to manage him, so I suspect they will keep info to themselves to protect the investigation.

I'm sure it's very hard for him to let LE take the lead on this.

jmo

.Right.

I do think he had an "in," but going to the media with stories that don't mesh with LE is going to be tiring for them. They don't want to have to manage him, so I suspect they will keep info to themselves to protect the investigation.

I'm sure it's very hard for him to let LE take the lead on this.

jmo
I agree with you. At some point he's going to have to let the NYPD do their job. But I also understand how tough it would be to sit back and do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members