NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil Vetrano is saying that if you don't want to call the tip line you can message him privately through fb or .
He says he can't speak about certain things because they are a police matter.
Something led him to believe there is a family member that knows something but he can't speak about what it was that led him to believe that.That is to explain his statement about a sister who is in distress.
Sliwa is asking him about the jogger that the Vetrano's were looking for. He replies that there was a jogger that would run the same route and they would see him 4 or 5 days a week for the past 3 years.
They haven't seen him since Karina was killed. 30 to 35, about 150 pounds and not very muscular but very fit looking, black hair parted to the side, extremely well groomed,wears long running shorts and long socks, sometimes shirtless in the summer and black gloves and hat in the winter. He knows he is from the neighborhood and he feels that someone has to know who he is and where he came from.

I initially felt suspicious about said runner reading that, but now it just seems likely that he doesn't run there anymore out of fear for becoming a victim as well. IMO the perp here is not going to be another runner, at least not one from the area. Someone organized enough to have a routine like that would probably never do anything like this close to home.

Another article mentioning the jogger they are interested in talking to:

5'9, 150 pounds, often wears "long running shorts" and "very high socks" with sunglasses, commonly dressed in all black, or shirtless during warmer "fit, extremely fit."

http://www.qchron.com/editions/vetr...cle_4d2a394a-6e04-11e6-8d66-df182d60d0e0.html

there's a YouTube video that was posted on this thread where a guy comented and tried profiling the killer and it reminded of Phil Vetrano's description of this jogger

Ps we also know she worked in the restaurant industry so could it perhaps be an indication to in over her head with something involving one of the lounges she worked?

There's a new Facebook post about Bea Arthur and the LGBT center on the fake Karina page

I initially felt suspicious about said runner reading that, but now it just seems likely that he doesn't run there anymore out of fear for becoming a victim as well. IMO the perp here is not going to be another runner, at least not one from the area. Someone organized enough to have a routine like that would probably never do anything like this close to home.
I too do not see someone who is an ardent runner doing this (perhaps because I used to run, I'm biased)... interesting about Karina and her dad seeing this fellow even in the winter... would think they would at least have begun exchanging hellos, after all that time.. Never knowing anything about the regulars, the Mrs and I would come up with nicknames for them... I imagine we'd call the guy being mentioned here, "socks" or "man in black"....

I wonder how long Karina jogged alone - it's one my "Colombo" questions that not been answered....

http://nypost.com/2016/08/29/man-who-ran-same-trail-as-slain-jogger-has-gone-missing/

A man who used to jog “four or five days a week” on the same Queens trail that Karina Vetrano was on when she was murdered has apparently gone missing — and now investigators are trying to track him down, her parents said Monday.

WHAT THE HECK?!!!
Here's another news article
http://nypost.com/2016/08/29/man-who-ran-same-trail-as-slain-jogger-has-gone-missing/

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I too do not see someone who is an ardent runner doing this (perhaps because I used to run, I'm biased)... interesting about Karina and her dad seeing this fellow even in the winter... would think they would at least have begun exchanging hellos, after all that time.. Never knowing anything about the regulars, the Mrs and I would come up with nicknames for them... I imagine we'd call the guy being mentioned here, "socks" or "man in black"....

I wonder how long Karina jogged alone - it's one my "Colombo" questions that not been answered....

Mhm. When it first happened, I recall Mr. Vetrano saying that he'd rather Karina not to jog there alone. That's a path they'd take when they ran together. It was in some MSM, I don't know which one, but I'm sure the threads been all over this.

Could the Mr. Shin Socks have noticed something? Many people try to get away the last two weeks of August. Maybe some jogger reported being mugged, but in another neighborhood.

The Vetrano's sounded so strong. Was good to hear them. Thanks again, SeesSeas and chrissybk

I hope it jogs a lot of memories around the park, especially.

Mr. green shin socks. Could this guy shave his legs, maybe cross dress? As woman, all those cuts and bruises could go away? Well groomed shirtless, in the summer. thin built. Strange stride, short choppy stride, used to heels?

I can't imagine a man would be concerned about being another victim though? Do men think that way? Could be he just thinks it's creepy to go there? With the pretty detailed description of him, I'd be surprised if he's not identified by somebody very quickly and he can come forward.

there's a YouTube video that was posted on this thread where a guy comented and tried profiling the killer and it reminded of Phil Vetrano's description of this jogger

Yeah, his profile was really close to this. And frankly, this is how I imagined the killer looking as well.

the high gym socks is a not uncommon trend thats been going for a few years amongst youngish men. Some dudes in the nba wear their socks like that.

Seeing someone everyday for three years is a long time; thats how long this man has seen Karina around.....in her athletic gear.....and he's not much older than her. He knows he should have come forward. The fact that he didnt is very peculiar.

Yeah, his profile was really close to this. And frankly, this is how I imagined the killer looking as well.

the high gym socks is a not uncommon trend thats been going for a few years amongst youngish men. Some dudes in the nba wear their socks like that.

Seeing someone everyday for three years is a long time; thats how long this man has seen Karina around.....in her athletic gear.....and he's not much older than her. He knows he should have come forward. The fact that he didnt is very peculiar.

Agreed. I wouldn't read too much into his outfit. My son looks like a psychotic leprechaun when he goes to the gym. I couldn't even begin to describe!

I don't know.... the mystery jogger....Just as news coverages begins to dissipate, I'm a bit skeptical... why hasn't LE asked for him to come forward? Passing each other for three years and no "hello", no "thumbs up" when going by, did they always run opposite directions, how long had she run alone, did she run with him, etc...

Maybe, maybe not. Since there was a murder at the park, I can imagine some regulars not returning for a while or maybe never again. Sounds like the family is getting impatient since the father is doing the talking and police are more hush hush right now.

I don't know.... the mystery jogger....Just as news coverages begins to dissipate, I'm a bit skeptical... why hasn't LE asked for him to come forward? Passing each other for three years and no "hello", no "thumbs up" when going by, did they always run opposite directions, how long had she run alone, did she run with him, etc...

BBM

EXACTLY!!!
LE is not shy. If they wanted to speak to this jogger...they would put the word out.

The guy may have a new jogging route but if no one sees him anywhere in the neighborhood jogging, I guess that could be seen as suspicious. A 3-4 year pattern is hard to break or push aside. I would think he is still jogging somewhere if he had nothing to do with the crime.

Maybe, maybe not. Since there was a murder at the park, I can imagine some regulars not returning for a while or maybe never again. Sounds like the family is getting impatient since the father is doing the talking and police are more hush hush right now.
Especially if that trail was closed for crime scene investigation for a few days. He would have had to take a different route, and maybe kept with the new route.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

A man who used to jog “four or five days a week” on the same Queens trail that Karina Vetrano was on when she was murdered has apparently gone missing — and now investigators are trying to track him down, her parents said Monday.

WHAT THE HECK?!!!

ETA: I wish we had enough info to start a thread for him! :scared: This is incredible!
:eek:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members