NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to figure out where the video was taken from (what part of her route). I think this may be it based on the markings on the road. Also there is a white car parked in front of the house like the video. Also, given its not a long distance from where her Dads house is and where she entered the park. There also been alot of discussion about her looking over at the weeds in that video. If this is the area it would be quite a distance from where she was killed.

attachment.php

Attachments

• KVVid.jpg
    KVVid.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 199
Great work hg......I think if she got spooked she would not have ran into the weeds....

Kimi...maybe it is a "ring" doorbell/motion camera....I have one......I get a motion alert and video

every time a car goes past...thanks goodness I'm on a slow street.

I still believe someone who saw her enter the park alone.....took a short cut to the trees and waited for her to pass.

View attachment 101269
from CWD CH report posted here

Then these were edited from one when Karina turns her gaze back to the road again, from the end of the series above.

I am so terrible at seeing images like this. (You know those books were you're supposed to see hidden images within an image? I can never see them! I get a headache trying.).

Can some put a circle on what to look for, or an arrow, or a label?

Thank you!

attachment.php

from CWD CH report posted here

Then these were edited from one when Karina turns her gaze back to the road again, from the end of the series above.

Im so annoyed that I can't find the full original video anywhere. When I first saw the video on the 4 o'clock news yesterday it showed her running but the video also showed what Looked liked an overpass or something which is right past the parked car. There also seems to be a chain link fence and more brush and it was in that spot that I had originally spotted what I believed could be movement and looked like a person in a white t-shirt. Nothing in that video was blocked out so why now are they only showing snippets of the video and blocking out that section? Maybe someone saw what I originally saw and called in a tip. I find it odd that the original video is no where to be found now

Im so annoyed that I can't find the full original video anywhere. When I first saw the video on the 4 o'clock news yesterday it showed her running but the video also showed what Looked liked an overpass or something which is right past the parked car. There also seems to be a chain link fence and more brush and it was in that spot that I had originally spotted what I believed could be movement and looked like a person in a white t-shirt. Nothing in that video was blocked out so why now are they only showing snippets of the video and blocking out that section? Maybe someone saw what I originally saw and called in a tip. I find it odd that the original video is no where to be found now

Something to hope for, Bklyngrl007. I think I know what you mean and may have seen the same video, but I don't remember the top portion (~ hmm maybe just trees but not at all sure ~). It may have been on the most early broadcast (preview) on PIX 11 News NY, which in watching I noted had a high resolution too, at the time, but no speed control. I'm not able to do the labeling, but if anyone else would like to, please don't hesitate.

Are you sure it was the clip of her running you saw the overpass and chain link fence? I know they showed that during the episode. But the only footage of Karina is her running past the white car. Everything else was recorded footage for the episode.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

And to clarify (sorry if it was already stated, leaving work and just catching up to the thread)..the footage came from the security camera on a home. This is the only footage of Karina that LE has. They received this footage from the home owner either the night of her murder or the morning after. LE is just releasing it now. I have a security camera just like this in front of my home. Its a wide view camera, LE probably used software to show it a little clearer and consistent. So this is why it looks like the camera is "following her" but in actuality it isn't.

Are you sure it was the clip of her running you saw the overpass and chain link fence? I know they showed that during the episode. But the only footage of Karina is her running past the white car. Everything else was recorded footage for the episode.

Did you happen to see my post a couple back. I think that is where the footage of her running is. The markings (cracks maybe) on the street match exactly.

Something to hope for, Bklyngrl007. I think I know what you mean and may have seen the same video, but I don't remember the top portion at all. It may have been the most early broadcast on PIX 11 News NY, which in watching I noted had a high resolution too, at the time.

I know it was 4 o'clock news just can't remember if I watched abc7ny or nbc4ny. i had dvr'd it so that I could replay it..I didn't know when crime watch was on or that it was on pix11.. But if crime watch has the rights to the video then whatever news station I was watching probably goofed by playing the whole video. I'm annoyed now that I deleted the dvr'd clip I had.. Ugh

Maybe someone, as an accomplice, shouted to her, or at her, which was a signal to someone ahead that she just passed him and that readied him for his attack.

Did you happen to see my post a couple back. I think that is where the footage of her running is. The markings (cracks maybe) on the street match exactly.
Hmm because there is no overpass or chain linked fences on the street the footage of her running was taken. It is on 78th street and they did show that too but not from the security footage. The footage was from a home on 165th, then she turned the corner to enter the path.

The clip from the news showed the SUV across the street which was to her left and just past that was where I saw what looked to be movement.. I'm almost positive it looked liked a chain linked fence and overpass.. I deleted what I had dvr'd thinking it would be easy to pull up from the internet but obviously I was wrong since I can't find it anywhere now

I am disgusted by people's reactions to KV's attire. The day of her murder and prior.
It seems that many are looking to place blame. On the way she was dressed, on her SM, on the NYPD, on her father!
When, in actuality, the only blame should be placed on her "impotent" cowardly murderer!

As for the amount of attention this case is getting, maybe its the fact that her family won't let up! They are hounding the detectives and the media. They are relentless. They lost their baby!
I agree. I can't even go read the comments. That stuff makes me angry! I do think that people sometimes say things like, "She shouldn't have been dressed that way," as a way to tell themselves it couldn't happen to them. Of course, it's ridiculous, but I do think that's part of it, sometimes. It's still disgusting.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

So, based on the CW interview, LE is not ruling out the possibility of someone or something in K.'s life being involved ? Also, the DNA was touch DNA on her neck , touch DNA on her phone, and the perp's blood/skin cells under her fingernails ? No semen ? yet it was reported in the beginning that she had been violated twice.. Looking at the video carefully, K. was powerfully built, and looked fairly agile and strong. did she do crossfit, I wonder ?
The thing that always stood out to me about this murder is that K. was found only about a half mile from her parents' home. Brutally killed that close to the safety of her family...jmo

The clip from the news showed the SUV across the street which was to her left and just past that was where I saw what looked to be movement.. I'm almost positive it looked liked a chain linked fence and overpass.. I deleted what I had dvr'd thinking it would be easy to pull up from the internet but obviously I was wrong since I can't find it anywhere now

Maybe it's not an overpass maybe its the bike path. It's hard to tell for sure especially without the original clip but its def right past the parked SUV and if you look close there is a fence

Maybe it's not an overpass maybe its the bike path. It's hard to tell for sure especially without the original clip but its def right past the parked SUV and if you look close there is a fence

So, based on the CW interview, LE is not ruling out the possibility of someone or something in K.'s life being involved ? Also, the DNA was touch DNA on her neck , touch DNA on her phone, and the perp's blood/skin cells under her fingernails ? No semen ? yet it was reported in the beginning that she had been violated twice.. Looking at the video carefully, K. was powerfully built, and looked fairly agile and strong. did she do crossfit, I wonder ?
The thing that always stood out to me about this murder is that K. was found only about a half mile from her parents' home. Brutally killed that close to the safety of her family...jmo
Correct, she was raped but the perp did not "finish" or if he did he had a condom and was carful with bringing it with him away from scene. No semen was found.

I'm not sure, I have only seen the footage from the news and the Crime watch. I never saw any fences or overpasses.

I am correcting my previous post. The footage is from 83rd Street where she entered the path, not 165th. Apologies. And if I'm correct in remembering the park in the area only has the metal barrier along it. No fences.

Please forgive me! There is in fact a fence at the end of the metal barriers. Here is street veiw of where Karina was seen in camera. The home shows a camera on it. I did not screenshot it, as I wanted to keep the homeowners home private. But you may do your own street view to see. At the end of this road is the entrance Karina entered.

12fa4095d306092b1b9c0972b6c0b250.jpg

And this is where she entered.
873c5c51de0e4bae4f8524f0632b24ea.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors