NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

From what I understand she was coming from the house on 84th and entered the park at 83rd and 164th. Please correct me if I am wrong. The picture I posted earlier matches the street markings in the video coverage. Then if you go further up to the corner of 83rd and 165th there is a chain fence. So the first part of the video seems to be where I posted earlier and as she runs a little further you see the chain link fence that seems to cover the corner.

Attachments

• KVVid2.jpg
    KVVid2.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 238
I'm not sure, I have only seen the footage from the news and the Crime watch. I never saw any fences or overpasses.

I am correcting my previous post. The footage is from 83rd Street where she entered the path, not 165th. Apologies. And if I'm correct in remembering the park in the area only has the metal barrier along it. No fences.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Chief Boyle, in one edit of the CWD report, mentions that Karina was found holding onto weeds, he assumed as she was dragged away and fought her murderer. Her bruises, he thought, were a result of that struggle: Karina being dragged from behind as dramatized one may assume? She was not raped, as reported IIRC, the one ear bud shown in the weeds seemed intact, in the same report, so another one could be another one of significance? I hope this brave home owner sees no trouble as a result of trying to help.

Chief Boyle, in one edit of CWD report, mentions that Karina was found holding onto weeds, he assumed as she was dragged away and fought her murderer. Her bruises he though was a result of the struggle. She was not raped. IIRC, the one ear bud shown in the weeds seemed intact, in the same report. I hope this brave home owner sees no trouble as a result of trying to help.
I heard those were not the actual crime scene photos just for show of how the crime took place. According to his map there are two sections where earbuds were found, headphone cord and the volume control. That is what I could read from the map.

I heard those were not the actual crime scene photos just for show of how the crime took place. According to his map there are two sections where earbuds were found, headphone cord and the volume control. That is what I could read from the map.

Great to know, thank you, Lauranyc83. I'll look again, for this and the other points you note upthread.

Way to go mocity!!..

I also went on bing and google maps last night and found the white car and in one of the areal views you can see what looks like the grey SUV that is in the video also (where the red car is parked in this shot). I noticed a security camera attached to the house which is prob where the video came from.
I figured it out but could not load the photo from the map onto websleuths.. again thank you mocity!!.

After seeing where the video was taken. It made me think the Perp could of had a car and could of seen she was alone and already knew her route. Followed her and parked his car at the other entrance and walked in ahead of her. I also noticed Not all the houses have cameras that face out into the street so it would be easy for someone to commit the crime in the woods then come out and hop in to a car and leave in a blink of an eye and nobody notice a thing. JMO

If you do a search on Bing maps of 83rd and 84th st in Birds Eye view, you will see that there were numerous houses being built right around the Vetranos home. Makes me wonder if the Perp was one of the workers watching her every day. If they were building the houses on 83rd they would have a clear view into their windows and their backyard all day long..Its kind of creepy. I realize the homes were built a couple of years ago. But there is one on 83rd that is the most recent...and the perp could of come back because he was obsessed with her from afar. Again JMO which struck when I started looking at the map last night.

I was trying to figure out where the video was taken from (what part of her route). I think this may be it based on the markings on the road. Also there is a white car parked in front of the house like the video. Also, given its not a long distance from where her Dads house is and where she entered the park. There also been alot of discussion about her looking over at the weeds in that video. If this is the area it would be quite a distance from where she was killed.

attachment.php

attachment.php

From what I understand she was coming from the house on 84th and entered the park at 83rd and 164th. Please correct me if I am wrong. The picture I posted earlier matches the street markings in the video coverage. Then if you go further up to the corner of 83rd and 165th there is a chain fence. So the first part of the video seems to be where I posted earlier and as she runs a little further you see the chain link fence that seems to cover the corner.

I agree, or almost. If you back up about twenty yards from your screenshot, you can see cracks in the street that match in the Crime Watch Daily video and in Google Streetview. I've tried to show her route in a Google My Map (click here). Here's a screen shot of it.

Screenshot 2016-09-13 at 5.16.52 PM.png

You have the location exactly right, I believe, in the in screen shot in your post: #1061 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...s-3-Aug-2016-Thread-2&p=12802385#post12802385

I agree, or almost. If you back up about twenty yards from your screenshot, you can see cracks in the street that match in the Crime Watch Daily video and in Google Streetview. I've tried to show her route in a Google My Map (click here). Here's a screen shot of it.

View attachment 101304

Mocity shows the correct location in screen shot in post: #1061 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...s-3-Aug-2016-Thread-2&p=12802385#post12802385
This is great. Was trying to put together something similar. Thank you! !!

I was trying to figure out where the video was taken from (what part of her route). I think this may be it based on the markings on the road. Also there is a white car parked in front of the house like the video. Also, given its not a long distance from where her Dads house is and where she entered the park. There also been alot of discussion about her looking over at the weeds in that video. If this is the area it would be quite a distance from where she was killed.

attachment.php

It looks as if there is a little path leading from inside the grassy area to the street, through the tall weeds. Maybe someone was crouched there watching, even snapping pictures, and she sensed it or heard it. I know that sometimes I have an instinct to turn a certain way and someone is taking a picture in my direction, not of me, but I can still feel it.

Also with regards to the exercise attire, what do people expect her to wear while running the humid August heat? It doesn't look inappropriate to me at all, in any case, they are missing the point. Even if she were running naked it doesn't give anyone a pass to violate her in any way. But, to me, these clothes look like normal attire for a runner in the summer, especially for a very fit woman.

I should stay away from SM comments on news pages. Oh my lord people commenting on what she is wearing. Seriously?? I hate victim blaming and I hate the fact that women victim blame. Why is it okay for a man to walk half naked and women never rape them. What a person wears has nothing to do with the crime commited!!! The only issue is the person commiting the crime. Ok end rant. =)

The vitriol towards a murder victim is just sad. I feel a lot of anger when I read comments with victim blaming, misogyny, and even *advertiser censored* shaming in them. People who say that stuff are very unhappy and hate themselves. They are projecting onto Karina their own insecurities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Forager and Madamx! I am re-posting the screenshot from google match showing the marks on the street that appear to match the markings on the street in the video. I also took a screenshot from the video to show what I am looking at.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• KVVid.jpg
    KVVid.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 160
  • KVVid3.JPG
    KVVid3.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 155
Chief Boyle, in one edit of the CWD report, mentions that Karina was found holding onto weeds, he assumed as she was dragged away and fought her murderer. Her bruises, he thought, were a result of that struggle: Karina being dragged from behind as dramatized one may assume? She was not raped, as reported IIRC, the one ear bud shown in the weeds seemed intact, in the same report, so another one could be another one of significance? I hope this brave home owner sees no trouble as a result of trying to help.

I thought it was confirmed she was raped but the perp didn't "complete"?? I read an article that said raped "x2" at one point. I know they said there was no DNA collected based on rape but I didn't think they said she wasn't raped. Does anyone know what has been confirmed?

I thought it was confirmed she was raped but the perp didn't "complete"?? I read an article that said raped "x2" at one point. I know they said there was no DNA collected based on rape but I didn't think they said she wasn't raped. Does anyone know what has been confirmed?
Correct. She was raped but perp did not complete or if he did he used a condom and took it with him. No semen was found.

Another thing to consider. KV lived on a flight path to JFK. On Aug 3rd, wind speed was 8-20 mph. Any time wind speed is over 5 knots, a protocol is followed as to which runway will be used. On that day Runway 13 would have been used for arrivals That puts the jets landing over Howard Beach, meaning those jets would have been less than 300 ft over her head at afternoon peak time for JFK. Maybe not as loud as departing aircraft, but still noisy enough to impede what she/anyone else could hear. ie. ruffling in the weeds, screams, footsteps behind her, etc. even without her earbuds in.

https://www.wunderground.com/histor....zip=11414&reqdb.magic=1&reqdb.wmo=99999&MR=1

https://www.planesense4li.org/jfk-and-runway-selections/

Edit. Post wasn't meant to be in response to quote

Another thing to consider. KV lived on a flight path to JFK. On Aug 3rd, wind speed was 8-20 mph. Any time wind speed is over 5 knots, a protocol is followed as to which runway will be used. On that day Runway 13 would have been used for arrivals That puts the jets landing over Howard Beach, meaning those jets would have been less than 300 ft over her head at afternoon peak time for JFK. Maybe not as loud as departing aircraft, but still noisy enough to impede what she/anyone else could hear. ie. ruffling in the weeds, screams, footsteps behind her, etc. even without her earbuds in.

https://www.wunderground.com/histor....zip=11414&reqdb.magic=1&reqdb.wmo=99999&MR=1

You are correct. They fly directly over the park. I recently posted a photo back thread of a screenshot of a video from a passanger fying over the park. You can visibly see the patch they cut down where Karina was found. You can also visibly see the path going in both directions. So if a perp was running out into the path and towards the Belt parkway or even towards the shore, it is possible if someone was filming from their flight or really looking they may have seen something. But I am sure that person could not possibly see what is exactly happening, or will pass it off as a runner on the path.

The noise would definitely block out any noise around her even if her headphones were off and music was on. My brother's in laws live on the other side of the park and the planes are extremely low and loud. I still don't understand how they sleep through it =)

Great post! Wonderfully obscure information that adds real value.

I'm not sure, I have only seen the footage from the news and the Crime watch. I never saw any fences or overpasses.

I am correcting my previous post. The footage is from 83rd Street where she entered the path, not 165th. Apologies. And if I'm correct in remembering the park in the area only has the metal barrier along it. No fences.

Could the metal barrier be what I thought looked like a fence?

Great info Rocky.. got my wheels turning.. another thing that would of blocked any noise from anyone hearing her scream (if she did) would be the highway right across the park. The time it happened was around rush hour when there is a lot of traffic. And yet another thing that dawned on me that August day was really hot here in NYC so prob the people that were home were inside with the windows closed and the air on. There is the water right on the other side which makes noise as well as the wind blowing through the reeds and trees..

Please forgive me! There is in fact a fence at the end of the metal barriers. Here is street veiw of where Karina was seen in camera. The home shows a camera on it. I did not screenshot it, as I wanted to keep the homeowners home private. But you may do your own street view to see. At the end of this road is the entrance Karina entered.

12fa4095d306092b1b9c0972b6c0b250.jpg

And this is where she entered.
873c5c51de0e4bae4f8524f0632b24ea.jpg

So maybe it was the fence I saw.. Ugh!.. I wish I had the video

attachment.php

So I did see a chain link fence

So as we have discovered the footage is from the home on 165th Ave. The corner house on 83rd St and 165th Ave (front of house on 83rd street) has a camera above their front door. I'm sure Karina was also seen on that one as well. They only show footage of her running on the street with the double yellow line. She turned onto 83rd St. Maybe they only released one video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members