NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You really think parents would have been creeping on their 30 year old daughters social media or insisting they know everyone she hangs out with? That seems unlikely. Perhaps if she was 13 but at 30 I don't know any parents that would keep an eye on their kids like that....it would actually seem like a really unhealthy and controlling relationship at that point if they did.

mayne since the murder but I highly doubt before.

I don't think they were creeping on her social media. But I get the feeling that she didn't feel the need to hide anything from them, she probably shared a lot of her life with her parents. JMO

You really think parents would have been creeping on their 30 year old daughters social media or insisting they know everyone she hangs out with? That seems unlikely. Perhaps if she was 13 but at 30 I don't know any parents that would keep an eye on their kids like that....it would actually seem like a really unhealthy and controlling relationship at that point if they did.

I thought Periwinkl meant after she was murdered, not before.

Yes they were, even some walking within the crowd I also saw a plain clothed officer walking as well. They were also there too to help with traffic and closing down the streets. I'm sure they were watching as well to see who showed up.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yes, I agree LE was paying attention to everyone that attended.
Her best friends were all there and everyone was very hands on, greeting people and helping with things like handing out water and balloons to the crowd. I noticed that they were not walking with her family, instead they moved around through the crowd and alongside the crowd, I think they were also on alert for anyone that seemed suspicious or out of place.

I don't think they were creeping on her social media. But I get the feeling that she didn't feel the need to hide anything from them, she probably shared a lot of her life with her parents. JMO

I'm sure she did, but that still doesnt mean they knew everything about her life. Or knew every person in her life.

Regarding what I heard on local news that - Her dad is now offering, if the killer turns himself in, to then give the reward whomever the killer names to give it to. -
I don't see this being reported in print in MSM, so please disregard till this can be verified, sorry.

In my local newspaper: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11696209 this article says:

Phil and Cathy Vetrano, whose daughter Karina Vetrano was brutally murdered while out jogging in broad daylight on August 2, offered an undisclosed sum of money raised privately so far to the unknown killer, to be given to the person of his choice

Turn yourself in. I will make sure that reward money goes to the person of your choice. The sister, your mother, your brother. It's a life-changer," Mr Vetrano, a retired firefighter, said. "You will be caught, so take advantage of that."

Hopefully this acts as an incentive.

I'm sure she did, but that still doesnt mean they knew everything about her life. Or knew every person in her life.

Oh I agree, I just don't think they were creeping on her social media before her death. Now, after is a different story.

They had a beautiful, single, petite freespirited daughter who still lived nearby and was particularly close to her parents. She might have brought this guy around at some point, and maybe they had a feeling about him. I'm sure they felt protective of her. They wouldn't necessarily have been creeping on her SM, but maybe they looked at his, or ran a background check on him. In a close-knit neighborhood with a good number of cops/firefighters/construction workers, with easy availability these days to online background checks? If they didn't like a guy? Absolutely. 30 or not.

I creep on all my daughter's boyfriends and even potential ones; in fact, I sleuth them like crazy. It's a messed up world with a lot of creeps.

I creep on all my daughter's boyfriends and even potential ones; in fact, I sleuth them like crazy. It's a messed up world with a lot of creeps.

Same. I sleuth and background check every girl my boys bring home. The struggle is real.

Thanks for posting this! I've heard about him before, and have even seen him up on the bridge fishing with his chicken. I meant to mention him in the beginning when we were discussing the homeless encampment. I'm sure he agreed to the DNA testing.

Yes I heard of him also and my brother reminded me and I found this article about him.

Investigation in jogger’s slaying shifts to Brooklyn, NYPD says

<snip>

The case is taking detectives away from the western border of Howard Beach to areas around the Belt Parkway, Erskine Street and Fountain Avenue, all places in Brooklyn, Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce said in a news conference on an unrelated matter.

http://www.newsday.com/news/new-yor...-karina-vetrano-increases-cops-say-1.12189720

Investigation in jogger’s slaying shifts to Brooklyn, NYPD says

<snip>

The case is taking detectives away from the western border of Howard Beach to areas around the Belt Parkway, Erskine Street and Fountain Avenue, all places in Brooklyn, Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce said in a news conference on an unrelated matter.

http://www.newsday.com/news/new-yor...-karina-vetrano-increases-cops-say-1.12189720
I was hoping they looked that way in the beginning. I always had a strong feeling the killer came from the mall area, near Erskine street. I hope they went over there and looked at surveillance videos from day 1 and not just now.

I was hoping they looked that way in the beginning. I always had a strong feeling the killer came from the mall area, near Erskine street. I hope they went over there and looked at surveillance videos from day 1 and not just now.

Yes, I remember talking about the mall area. It should be full of video too.

jmopinion

Yes, I remember talking about the mall area. It should be full of video too.

jmopinion
Also, come to think of it, I went to the mall (home depot) this past Saturday and didn't even see the posters up on that side. The NYPD is great, so I'm hoping they checked that area that night KV was found. I'm worried they never even went that way until recently. Ugh.

Also, come to think of it, I went to the mall (home depot) this past Saturday and didn't even see the posters up on that side. The NYPD is great, so I'm hoping they checked that area that night KV was found. I'm worried they never even went that way until recently. Ugh.

Maybe I need to resurrect my theory that the perp were a couple (or more) teens biking through the park to or from the mall.

Sigh...I was so hoping someone would going to turn in someone else by now. I don't think the reward will be incentive, but was hoping someone would have the good sense to call in a tip about a boyfriend, friend, neighbor. But...nothing.

I really hope they did! IIRC it was the day or two after her death they said they had no one on home surveillance coming or going from there. They probably started looking right away into other access points/escape routes (I mean heck we've been doing it here) and have been checking cameras. Fingers crossed they come up with some leads!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sigh...I was so hoping someone would going to turn in someone else by now. I don't think the reward will be incentive, but was hoping someone would have the good sense to call in a tip about a boyfriend, friend, neighbor. But...nothing.

I hope something happens soon - someone turns someone in if someone knows something. My stepsister and her boyfriend were murdered here in Houston in 1990 and no one ever came forward despite heavy media attention and rewards. To this day the anniversary is usually aired hoping someone comes forward. We even have a composite since the DNA left at scene matched a rape. I am praying it works out differently for Karina and something happens very soon.

I wonder if the monster was on a bike.

The tips increased to about 70 as the reward increased.

According to the article, about dozen tips are still open.

<snip>

... an assailant could have gone west along the Belt Parkway to Fountain Avenue or Erskine Street.

&#8220;So that is where part of our investigation is right now, into that area . . . you would have to walk, you couldn&#8217;t drive a car, you could ride a bicycle, there is a parallel bicycle path that runs along the Belt Parkway at that point,&#8221; Boyce said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214