NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From police reports and media coverage, it's pretty clear he's either psychotic or had a psychotic break. It's also been widely reported that there may be a drug issue. I don't see that type of person planning out a crime and taking down Karina, who was strong, smart and athletic. If it was unplanned and he saw her running then left the house to follow her (or if even he left earlier to hide in the weeds), the dogs would have tracked that.

Also, the police have interviewed him and checked him out, regardless of the DNA. They've dismissed him as not even a POI. They would have checked alibi, looked for evidence of a bite mark (which would very likely still be there if she bit him that hard). Even with reason to keep things under wraps, I don't think they would have made public statements of that nature if they thought there was a chance he committed the crime.

I believe the perp was heading in the direction of the beltway and dropped the phone, either intentionally or accidentally. Try to throw a phone 132 feet or even 80. I think he left the body and started through the weeds then dropped the phone. That is the opposite direction from the house.

I thought he lived in Ozone Park and not at S's house. Police would have established if he was there to see her run that night.But they have disregarded him.

Why?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I wonder if this is the S who went to PV on the day of the walk to honor KV and said she thinks her brother did it.......

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Wait. What? Somebody actually told PV (Karina's father?) said that she thinks her brother killed KV? And this person owns a house which provides a clear view of the crime scene, houses from PV/KV's home? And her brother was just found naked and screaming, about KV's murder, in that same place?

Possibly? If that's what you're saying, wow!

Wait. What? Somebody actually told PV (Karina's father?) said that she thinks her brother killed KV? And this person owns a house which provides a clear view of the crime scene, houses from PV/KV's home? And her brother was just found naked and screaming, about KV's murder, in that same place?

Possibly? If that's what you're saying, wow!
I'm not saying this is the same sister, but was just piecing it together and wondering if this could be the sister.

I thought he lived in Ozone Park and not at S's house. Police would have established if he was there to see her run that night.But they have disregarded him.

He does but he was at someone elses house that night, possibly his gf. He wouldn't be able to run from Ozone Park to the weeds without being noticed naked and not getting caught. It's a distance away...he had to be at a home in HB that night.

I think he tried to strangle her with the earbud cord. That's why the earbuds are in different locations.

From police reports and media coverage, it's pretty clear he's either psychotic or had a psychotic break. It's also been widely reported that there may be a drug issue. I don't see that type of person planning out a crime and taking down Karina, who was strong, smart and athletic. If it was unplanned and he saw her running then left the house to follow her (or if even he left earlier to hide in the weeds), the dogs would have tracked that.

Also, the police have interviewed him and checked him out, regardless of the DNA. They've dismissed him as not even a POI. They would have checked alibi, looked for evidence of a bite mark (which would very likely still be there if she bit him that hard). Even with reason to keep things under wraps, I don't think they would have made public statements of that nature if they thought there was a chance he committed the crime.

I believe the perp was heading in the direction of the beltway and dropped the phone, either intentionally or accidentally. Try to throw a phone 132 feet or even 80. I think he left the body and started through the weeds then dropped the phone. That is the opposite direction from the house.

Here is an article about that incident. It only indicates he is not a Suspect at this time. And the timing of this incident was extremely bizarre.

http://m.qchron.com/mobile/editions...cle_386d8921-8483-55c7-98dc-6d660dfe9e60.html

New article
http://www.ny1.com/nyc/queens/news/...ing-for-answers-more-than-2-months-later.html

"He said someone captured a photo of a biker entering the park shortly before Karina the day she was killed.

Vetrano believes that biker was running a go-pro camera at the time, and says the video could contain evidence.

"The interesting part is that person never came forward, or said yeah I was in there 20 minutes before this happened, and I need to find out who that person is," said Vetrano.

All police will tell us is that the investigation is ongoing."

A search on fb for KVs name and clicking on latest post shows an intersting post from PV saying that PD(NYPD-LE) won't let him see the photo of the person using the GoPro....hmmm.

A search on fb for KVs name and clicking on latest post shows an intersting post from PV saying that PD won't let him see the photo of the person using the GoPro....hmmm.

Why does PV want to see the photographer of the biker, and not the biker who was filmed?
A bike makes for a quick getaway.

Why does PV want to see the photographer of the biker, and not the biker who was filmed?
A bike makes for a quick getaway.
Sounds like he wants to talk to the biker to see the gopro video. But what I don't understand is why anyone took a photo of a person on a bike with a GoPro?

Sounds like he wants to talk to the biker to see the gopro video. But what I don't understand is why anyone took a photo of a person on a bike with a GoPro?

Right. That's two too many cameras.

A search on fb for KVs name and clicking on latest post shows an intersting post from PV saying that PD(NYPD-LE) won't let him see the photo of the person using the GoPro....hmmm.

I'm not understanding why PV thinks LE needs to share details from the investigation with him. I do feel for the father - totally - but LE needs to handle the investigation, not the father of the victim.

jmopinion

New article
http://www.ny1.com/nyc/queens/news/...ing-for-answers-more-than-2-months-later.html

"He said someone captured a photo of a biker entering the park shortly before Karina the day she was killed.

Vetrano believes that biker was running a go-pro camera at the time, and says the video could contain evidence.

"The interesting part is that person never came forward, or said yeah I was in there 20 minutes before this happened, and I need to find out who that person is," said Vetrano.

All police will tell us is that the investigation is ongoing."

I'm sorry but that is just too much of a coincidence, IMO.
A random person took a random photo of a random person riding a bike wearing a gopro at the same time that KV was running.

And LE know about it and told PV about it.

Am I the only one who finds this extremely odd?

It sounds like a coincidence - like the photographer took the picture and there was the bike and GoPro.

How difficult would it be to find the biker though, even if he had the image?

A random person took a random photo of a random person riding a bike wearing a gopro at the same time that KV was running.

I find it a little odd, but I think it's possible. I just doubt it means anything.

Didn't police say that the surveillance tape from the neighbors camera did not reveal anyone going in before or after Karina entered the park?

Didn't police say that the surveillance tape from the neighbors camera did not reveal anyone going in before or after Karina entered the park?

The surveillance was only from 165th Ave, not 83rd st and 164th Ave where the enterance was that she entered in. There is no surveillance of her entering the park, only jogging on 165th Ave.

ETA: unless there is and we have not seen it and they only released this part of it, but it would have to be from a different home's surveillance on 164th and 83rd Street.

The surveillance was only from 165th Ave, not 83rd st and 164th Ave where the enterance was that she entered in. There is no surveillance of her entering the park, only jogging on 165th Ave.

ETA: unless there is and we have not seen it and they only released this part of it, but it would have to be from a different home's surveillance on 164th and 83rd Street.
So then, there is another, unemcumbered entrance to the park?!

So then, there is another, unemcumbered entrance to the park?!

The red is where she was seen on surveillance (the footage that was shown to public)..green is the rest of the route she took and entered park. I'm guessing houses located around the perimeter with surveillance did not caputure. Boyce stated they reviewed tapes from the perimeter of the park and did not see anything...not sure who captured what with this bike gopro stuff. It has me perplexed
ca05a49b4769a5f3d4f61ed2e3a1fa50.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members