NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
300K is a lot of money. Why hasn't that made a difference thus far?
^^ Good Question^^^

JMO… I think the information about the REWARD $$ hasn’t been conveyed in a manner that promotes trust. If someone has information about the perp, ideally it would be reported regardless of reward payment. But ‘ideal’ is often not ‘real’.
and Posters and News Articles all differ in describing the reward amount and the circumstances for payment.
Is the reward $235,000? Or is it $300,000?
Is the reward paid for information? For arrest? For arrest and conviction?
I can’t find confirming specifics.

http://a056-crimestoppers.nyc.gov/crimestoppers/public/index.html
NYPD Crime Stoppers
SUBMIT A TIP
Do you have information about a crime?
Provide it anonymously and receive up to $2000 for a tip that leads to an arrest and indictment.

You raise good questions. The message does seem inconsistent and slim on detail.

Following your link to the NYPD Crimestopers site, I got to this screen reporting a $10,000 reward:

Screenshot 2016-10-12 at 2.14.01 AM.png

The https://www..com/2javwd7g site for Karina has "... we seek to raise here is to supplement the $20,000 reward currently offered by the NYPD."
And that's all the page said about a reward. (I confess that I didn't read thru all of the comments section).

There have been press reports of a $35,000 reward from the NY City government. Katie Honan of DNAInfo.com puts it this way:

"The mayor's office has added $10,000 to the reward to help find Karina Vetrano's killer, as the family's own fundraiser tops more than $260,000. The NYPD announced the additional money from the mayor's office late Tuesday, which brings the law enforcement reward total to $35,000."

CBS New York and several other sources have similar reports lumping the funds in with the overall reward, but only link to the NYPD Crimestopper's site.

Here's the only image, from an Aug. 8th story, that I was able to Google up.

Screenshot 2016-10-12 at 3.21.29 AM.png

New update from PV on page.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well, I'll have to admit, yesterday's news was disappointing. I'm sure MF was interviewed re why that place, why no clothes and shouting, "The father did it".

Say he took some drugs that caused this psychotic break (if that's what is was) does the truth come out in these rants?

I'd like to know why the cops think this was a random attack? It doesn't make a lot of sense.

But say someone watched Karina and her father run everyday and then one day she's running alone. I mean, who is going to sit in the weeds day after day waiting for her to run alone? It makes more sense if she was viewed from a home. And they only had surveillance tape from 165th Ave and none for 164th which led right into the park. It could have been anybody.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

The GoPro kid, if he were from the Howard Beach area, maybe he would not be from this specific area, thus unrecognized, so where would be the most likely part of town he could be from, to retreat to without being seen on or stand out on security footage along the park?

The GoPro kid, if he were from the Howard Beach area, maybe he would not be from this specific area, thus unrecognized, so where would be the most likely part of town he could be from, to retreat to without being seen on or stand out on security footage along the park?

Is the Go-Pro'er a kid?

I missed that (but I've been hit or miss on the thread lately).

Clue me in!

Interesting..perp gave up and took phone...black male, scruffy beard....hmmm wonder if they will show the victim police sketch of man LE is looking to talk to in KV case

http://nypost.com/2016/10/11/jogger-sexually-assaulted-while-running-in-central-park/

Did you catch this bit, from the article? BBM

"The man ripped her pants down to her ankles and tried to rape her, but could not get an erection, so he got up and walked away, according to the sources."

Hasn't it been speculated that KV's perp couldn't get an errection???

And the Central Park perp beat the victim violently.

At first I thought the two crimes were too far apart to be related, but....worth considering?

jmo

"The man ripped her pants down to her ankles and tried to rape her, but could not get an erection, so he got up and walked away, according to the sources."

At first I thought the two crimes were too far apart to be related, but....worth considering?

jmo

Yes. Noticed same.

jmo

He's been arrested.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...attempted-rape-central-park-article-1.2829010

MANHATTAN — A man previously convicted for rape was arrested again Wednesday afternoon to face charges for dragging a jogger into a wooded area of Central Park and trying to rape her three days earlier, law enforcement sources said.

Forest Richardson, 26, grabbed the 28-year-old woman from behind in a bear hug about 9:30 p.m. Monday night and dragged her from East Drive into the woods, NYPD officials said.

He pulled off some of her clothes and tried to rape her, but grabbed her phone instead and fled without completing the act, police said.

He's been arrested about 30 times on charges including assault, grand larceny and criminal contempt, the spokesman said.

Many of those arrest records are sealed, however, he said.

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20161013/central-harlem/central-park-jogger-rape-attempt-arrest

MANHATTAN — A man previously convicted for rape was arrested again Wednesday afternoon to face charges for dragging a jogger into a wooded area of Central Park and trying to rape her three days earlier, law enforcement sources said.

Forest Richardson, 26, grabbed the 28-year-old woman from behind in a bear hug about 9:30 p.m. Monday night and dragged her from East Drive into the woods, NYPD officials said.

He pulled off some of her clothes and tried to rape her, but grabbed her phone instead and fled without completing the act, police said.

He's been arrested about 30 times on charges including assault, grand larceny and criminal contempt, the spokesman said.

Many of those arrest records are sealed, however, he said.

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20161013/central-harlem/central-park-jogger-rape-attempt-arrest
Horrible. Previously convicted of rape...and out on the streets...sigh. yet a person caught with drugs in jail for life.

Eta- 30 other convictions...out freely walking the streets. What the hell.

Horrible. Previously convicted of rape...and out on the streets...sigh. yet a person caught with drugs in jail for life.

30 priors. Unreal. Sends a very scary message to others.

Arrested 30 times but many records are sealed. I'm guessing that means they happened when he was a juvenile. Well, at his age with 30 convictions, he would have had to start young.

REALLY scary.

jmo

We're allowed to sleuth this Central Park perp, aren't we? Can anyone find a connection to Howard Beach? Is that too far of a stretch??

Similarities between Central Park and Howard Beach attacks:

* Happened about the same time of day
* Happened in a park
* Grabbed jogger from behind
* Viciously beat victim, especially to head
* Attempted rape, but couldn't complete (no erection). This is confirmed with Central Park attack, but only speculated with Karina's attacker...or has it been confirmed?
* Central Park perp has ties to Queens - he lived in the Rockaways (where he beat and raped his pregnant girlfriend)

Problem: wouldn't the Central Park attacker's DNA be in the database????

just thinking aloud...jmo

Here's a map of where the Central Park perp lived in Queens. (I don't have the exact address, just the street named in MSM). It's right across from the park where Karina was attacked. Doesn't the A train go across that channel? I hope LE is checking camera at the A train station for the date Karina was killed.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/B...25edc8c140b5996!8m2!3d40.5929021!4d-73.795151

speculation only, jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member