NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Exactly. Movement expands any figure, light effects, etc. There are great programs that clear it up to a crisp image available to LE and plenty of angles and time of him passing by, then a witness also exists.

Whatever his eyes say, I'm curious as to his posture and his gait. What do you make of that?

The way he breaths when he starts to run, panting, is that how long time runners breath? He looks more like he cycles, to me.

His belly area protrudes just a touch (and it seemed wet on the street side above his hip where that white patch seems to flap, in high contrast). He may have layers on if you play with the area around his neck. So is that a un-tucked cotton shirt out on the side he may have used to dry something?

Where was he in a rush to go, and why did he to want to carry so much to get there? So drop off his kit, get to work? Get to work with is kit? Does he work outdoors, maybe live rough? Gah

Nothing about him really stands out to me. He looks like an average young NYer. Dressed like an average young guy. Walks like an average guy. Looks like he could be any of my kids friends.

It may have been dry or scaled around his lips, on the side of his face toward the camera. I tried to capture the discolored effect in the earliest caps.

Don't meth users get scabs on their faces and or/lip area?

Going back to a shelter? Some kind of temporary housing intermittently, if meth use is the case?

Thanks Laura for the link. You're amazing.
I humbly admit I am becoming overwhelmed with who's who and who might be connected to what crime. I'd be most grateful for a wrap on:
How many perps still at large? How many arrested? Which perps might be tied to which crimes? We're talkin' perps with socks, hoodies, alien eyes, naked, red shirt, blistered lips, should bags, impotent;
perps who might possibly be related to crimes including: KV, the multiple recent NYC attempted and sexual assaults & VM in Princeton Mass.

Thank you! I missed you guys during our 24 WS hiatus. I guess there could be worse obsessions. :)

Hmm, found this in a search, has the same type of bag similiar build?
http://www.scoopnest.com/user/katcreag4NY/614354362681397248

(Don't mean to veer off from KV, but just hoping her attacker strikes again sadly, so that he can get caught this time)

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

attachment.php

Screenshot 2016-10-28 at 6.40.06 PM - Edited (1).jpgSourced previously here: CBS New York 4th top rowScreenshot 2016-10-28 at 7.08.27 bb - Edited.jpg just focusing on the eye area bbxx - Edited (1).jpg posted above

attachment.php

I have a theory about a revenge/retaliation angle as the reason KV was brutally attacked and murdered.
It’s a long shot, but something to at least think about………. so please humor me and feel free to poke holes.

May 29, 2013, on the same street (84[SUP]th[/SUP]) in the same neighborhood (Howard Beach), a house was destroyed after it exploded and burst into flames, severely burning a woman inside the home. The house had recent repair work, some of which was reported to have been done by WDF Inc., contracted through Rapid Repairs (a NYC post-Hurricane Sandy repair service). FDNY quickly concluded, within one week, that the explosion was not caused by fixes from the city’s post-Sandy repair service.

The woman survived her critical burn injuries.
The house was condemned.
I don’t find an update to this investigation beyond one week after the explosion and fire.
What was the final determination of the FDNY investigation?
Who was on the FDNY investigative team?
Are there connections between KV’s family and WDF Inc or other contractors referred by Rapid Repairs?
Did the homeowners (burn victim and her husband) dispute the outcome of the explosion investigation?
………..
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/queens/qns-house-collapse-gas-explosion-article-1.1357653
Woman badly burned in Queens house fire, explosion
Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 2:31 PM
A possible gas explosion gutted a Queens home on Wednesday — and left one woman inside badly burned, authorities said.
Theresa Pepitone, 49, was alone inside her 84th St. home near 163rd Ave. in Howard Beach when a sudden blast tore through the house around 2 p.m., authorities and neighbors said.
“Just shoot me! Just shoot me!” the scorched Pepitone wailed as she sprinted out of the burning two-story house.
“She came out on her own, all burned, all skin peeled back,” said Joseph Noll, 48, who ran over to the house when he heard the explosion. “Her face (and) her hair was burned. You could see her scalp.”

http://www.qchron.com/editions/sout...cle_7b5ba188-c93d-11e2-a6d7-001a4bcf887a.html
Howard Beach fire sends 1 to hospital
Sandy-ravaged house’s gas line replaced days before incident
Thursday, May 30, 2013 10:30 am
Days after repairs were made to a Howard Beach home’s gas line, it exploded, partially collapsing the house with its plume and sending one woman to the hospital, according to fire officials.
The house at 162-39 84 St. erupted into flames at 2 p.m. on Wednesday.
“We heard a large tremendous boom,” a neighbor who wished to remain anonymous said. “When we looked outside a woman was hanging outside of her window.”
Theresa Pepitone, who lives there with her husband Joseph, was brought to Jamaica Hospital Medical Center with second degree burns on half of her body. She was then transferred to the Cornell Medical Center’s burn unit.

http://qns.com/story/2013/06/05/fdny-rapid-repairs-not-behind-howard-beach-house-blast/
FDNY: Rapid Repairs not behind Howard Beach house blast
Wednesday, June 5, 2013 / 1:36 PM
A gas explosion that destroyed a Howard Beach house last week was not caused by fixes from the city’s post-Sandy repair service, an FDNY spokesperson said.

http://www.qchron.com/editions/sout...cle_379b7593-94ae-50c7-a6b5-822cf9d97513.html
Howard Beach home explosion a mystery
Thursday, June 6, 2013 10:30 am
The gas line work was approved on May 23 and included installation connections for a new furnace and water heater, but the work that was actually done is still in question.
The contractor, WDF Inc., has been used by Rapid Repairs to do similar work in at least a half dozen homes in Howard Beach. In at least two of the homes, the work was done in February and March, but the permits were issued in May, according to DOB records.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/recovery/html/resources/rapid.shtml
Rapid Repairs
Rapid Repairs was a first-of-its-kind pilot program to provide free, government assistance to thousands of homeowners left without heat, power and hot water after Hurricane Sandy. No other city has ever responded to a natural disaster by offering emergency repairs to allow homeowners to shelter in their own homes. Rapid Repairs restored essential, emergency services and served as a critical first step in helping residents rebuild their homes more quickly.

If the equipment installed by Rapid Repairs is no longer working.
Rapid Repairs provided free, emergency heat, hot water, and electricity so that homeowners could shelter in place while making more permanent repairs to their homes. When Rapid Repairs completed work on your home, an independent quality inspector verified that the installed equipment was working properly. All maintenance and repairs are now the responsibility of the homeowner.

Thanks FindHG.
Oh yeah, he's definitely got something either clipped onto his hood or glasses or headset for infrared and/or night vision. I've been googling and found they sell this stuff. Originally designed products were for snippers. Protects their eyes from harm and provides clear vision in darkness.

I agree this perp looks like the same perp in red shirt posted in LauraNYC link.

Nightmare's tonight looking at those perp eyes x 32.

QUOTE=FindHG;12897970]
attachment.php

attachment.php
Sourced previously here: CBS New York 4th top row
attachment.php
just focusing on the eye area
attachment.php
posted above

attachment.php
[/QUOTE]

I have a theory about a revenge/retaliation angle as the reason KV was brutally attacked and murdered.
It’s a long shot, but something to at least think about………. so please humor me and feel free to poke holes.

May 29, 2013, on the same street (84[SUP]th[/SUP]) in the same neighborhood (Howard Beach), a house was destroyed after it exploded and burst into flames, severely burning a woman inside the home. The house had recent repair work, some of which was reported to have been done by WDF Inc., contracted through Rapid Repairs (a NYC post-Hurricane Sandy repair service). FDNY quickly concluded, within one week, that the explosion was not caused by fixes from the city’s post-Sandy repair service.

The woman survived her critical burn injuries.
The house was condemned.
I don’t find an update to this investigation beyond one week after the explosion and fire.
What was the final determination of the FDNY investigation?
Who was on the FDNY investigative team?
Are there connections between KV’s family and WDF Inc or other contractors referred by Rapid Repairs?
Did the homeowners (burn victim and her husband) dispute the outcome of the explosion investigation?
………..
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/queens/qns-house-collapse-gas-explosion-article-1.1357653
Woman badly burned in Queens house fire, explosion
Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 2:31 PM
A possible gas explosion gutted a Queens home on Wednesday — and left one woman inside badly burned, authorities said.
Theresa Pepitone, 49, was alone inside her 84th St. home near 163rd Ave. in Howard Beach when a sudden blast tore through the house around 2 p.m., authorities and neighbors said.
“Just shoot me! Just shoot me!” the scorched Pepitone wailed as she sprinted out of the burning two-story house.
“She came out on her own, all burned, all skin peeled back,” said Joseph Noll, 48, who ran over to the house when he heard the explosion. “Her face (and) her hair was burned. You could see her scalp.”

http://www.qchron.com/editions/sout...cle_7b5ba188-c93d-11e2-a6d7-001a4bcf887a.html
Howard Beach fire sends 1 to hospital
Sandy-ravaged house’s gas line replaced days before incident
Thursday, May 30, 2013 10:30 am
Days after repairs were made to a Howard Beach home’s gas line, it exploded, partially collapsing the house with its plume and sending one woman to the hospital, according to fire officials.
The house at 162-39 84 St. erupted into flames at 2 p.m. on Wednesday.
“We heard a large tremendous boom,” a neighbor who wished to remain anonymous said. “When we looked outside a woman was hanging outside of her window.”
Theresa Pepitone, who lives there with her husband Joseph, was brought to Jamaica Hospital Medical Center with second degree burns on half of her body. She was then transferred to the Cornell Medical Center’s burn unit.

http://qns.com/story/2013/06/05/fdny-rapid-repairs-not-behind-howard-beach-house-blast/
FDNY: Rapid Repairs not behind Howard Beach house blast
Wednesday, June 5, 2013 / 1:36 PM
A gas explosion that destroyed a Howard Beach house last week was not caused by fixes from the city’s post-Sandy repair service, an FDNY spokesperson said.

http://www.qchron.com/editions/sout...cle_379b7593-94ae-50c7-a6b5-822cf9d97513.html
Howard Beach home explosion a mystery
Thursday, June 6, 2013 10:30 am
The gas line work was approved on May 23 and included installation connections for a new furnace and water heater, but the work that was actually done is still in question.
The contractor, WDF Inc., has been used by Rapid Repairs to do similar work in at least a half dozen homes in Howard Beach. In at least two of the homes, the work was done in February and March, but the permits were issued in May, according to DOB records.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/recovery/html/resources/rapid.shtml
Rapid Repairs
Rapid Repairs was a first-of-its-kind pilot program to provide free, government assistance to thousands of homeowners left without heat, power and hot water after Hurricane Sandy. No other city has ever responded to a natural disaster by offering emergency repairs to allow homeowners to shelter in their own homes. Rapid Repairs restored essential, emergency services and served as a critical first step in helping residents rebuild their homes more quickly.

If the equipment installed by Rapid Repairs is no longer working.
Rapid Repairs provided free, emergency heat, hot water, and electricity so that homeowners could shelter in place while making more permanent repairs to their homes. When Rapid Repairnns completed work on your home, an independent quality inspector verified that the installed equipment was working properly. All maintenance and repairs are now the responsibility of the homeowner.
Interesting theory.

Thinking...Perp's body nearly 100% covered between the creepy gloves, hood and lightbulb eyes. Wonder if he was dressed to hide his race, color, ethnicity. That bag is key tho. For several reasons. Maybe that's his crime toolbox complete with disguise, change of clothes, objects, tape, rope, bleach, knife, wipes, etc. We gotta nail this guy. That kind of crime bag spells serial to me.

I think that hand freaks me out more than the eyes. I know you guys talked about this and settled on rubber gloves or something, but it looks like one of those rubber arms and/or hands you can buy for Halloween. argh
FindHG;1289668You're welcome said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjjlVJNdDS4[/video]

The Weeds is such a strange place, with an appropriately grisly history. For example, in August of 2015 a construction iron worker named Anthony Russo was found there, hanging from a tree. He actually lived near KV, around 92nd Street, I think. I believe his death was ruled a suicide, following a " bad break up" with a GF. And starting in the 1930's, the Weeds was supposedly a kind of mass grave, a dumping ground for victims of the Gambino organized crime family... So. there is an eerie vibe to the Weeds. jmo

The Weeds is such a strange place, with an appropriately grisly history. For example, in August of 2015 a construction iron worker named Anthony Russo was found there, hanging from a tree. He actually lived near KV, around 92nd Street, I think. I believe his death was ruled a suicide, following a " bad break up" with a GF. And starting in the 1930's, the Weeds was supposedly a kind of mass grave, a dumping ground for victims of the Gambino organized crime family... So. there is an eerie vibe to the Weeds. jmo

I remember reading about him when this case first broke. I think his name he went by was "Gary Russo" and he became famous because he sang like Frank Sinatra. He's the one they called the "2nd Avenue Sinatra" because he sang during lunch to people on the street. Very talented and sang in some clubs, etc too. But, I read lots about him when this case first began and it seems like he killed himself because of the bad break up with his gf (he sang with her too). But, his ex-wife and two daughters were very close to him, loved him and were devastated when someone found him in Spring Creek Park..hanging on a tree. Here's an article I saw months ago: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/10/n...gary-russo-construction-and-suicide.html?_r=0. Very sad. Great singer...I listened to some of the clips on You Tube of him singing. Somewhere online it said that the "weeds" is a place where prostitutes are dropped off at after their pimps beat them up for whatever reason. It probably was a comment someone made on article about Gary Russo because it was when I was reading about him that I saw it....12 weeks ago.+

It’s really unfortunate the Crime Stoppers website doesn’t match the poster published by PV.
$200,000 REWARD
OR
$10,000 REWARD
I don’t think anyone can trust the details of the REWARD.

There is a long post on Phil's FB site under the $200k reward poster (posted by TT) that I saw a few days ago that might explain the confusion in the reward money from /TD Bank, NYPD etc. The TD Bank account was supposed to be for the reward and had $50k in it the day it was opened on August 9th, but no one but PV and the committee of 5 (if they still exist) knows how much is in there now and it's supposedly being used for the "foundation now and not the reward". I think I've only seen that TD Bank Account mentioned one time in the newspaper the whole time it has existed and one time in a comment (now disabled) that a member in the committee posted when this all began. It's all hush-hush and they don't want donors to know that that account exists too- its for locals to donate to without paying the fee.

Anything over $200k in the is being used for the foundation too...but if PV wants to hire PIs, or a psychic detective, etc...he should go ahead and use that extra $84k (minus whatever takes out) and not wait for donations that are not coming in as quickly as they once were. It's probably because of this confusion that many people are not donating as quickly and as much as they were before. PV raised the goal of the from $200k to $400k many weeks ago...supposedly for more money for the foundation.

I know the reward from is $200k. The NYPD is $35k. A LE person told me many weeks ago that the NYPD can't have their poster ($35k that they haven't updated in pics I've seen in articles) on the same lightpost/telephone pole that Phil has his reward posters on. Probably they can't have it on the same website.

The media makes it appear like the reward from PV is the whole $284k in the . It's very confusing and like TT says in that long post it would be great if the " story page" was updated and clarified so the confusion of what money goes where is put to rest. The page is very misleading and needs to be more transparent. I know TT and another person who have been following this from the start and it's been confusing the whole 11 weeks+ since it started (August 9th). It was made into a non-profit "Karina Vetrano Memorial Foundation" (not same as memorial reward fund as stated on that poster) just 3 days after it started according to one update by PV. They should have started a separate or website for the "memorial foundation" and made the for the "reward only." Now, they are mingled together and it's VERY confusing to say the least. TT told me that they reported this to way back in the end of August and suggested ways to improve the page, but has done nothing to fix it and they claim they are very involved with "campaign management because this is such a high profile case" and that wants to make sure it's not misleading nor fraudulent looking. I know no one asked for all this info, but I saw in another string where there was some questions regarding the page..so thought I would share all the info I know about it. It's a big mess!

Man arrested in vicious sexual assault of 15-year-old girl in the Bronx

Police arrested a 27-year-old man for the vicious beating and sexual assault of a 15-year-old girl in the Bronx earlier this week, officials said Saturday.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...al-assault-15-year-old-girl-article-1.2849720

Great news.
From your link:

Snip

The victim told police that she was coming home from visiting friends on Staten Island and emerged from the No. 2 train station at Gun Hill Road at about 4 a.m., authorities said.

That's when she met Lewis, a stranger, and the two walked together to Bronx Park, police said. Once in the park, Lewis began pummeling her head, smashing her teeth and strangling the girl, causing her to black out three times, police said.

He ripped off her pants, sexually abused the teen and then forced her into a nearby river to wash away any evidence he left behind, officials said. Lewis fled east on E. 213st St.

Great news.
From your link:

Snip

The victim told police that she was coming home from visiting friends on Staten Island and emerged from the No. 2 train station at Gun Hill Road at about 4 a.m., authorities said.

That's when she met Lewis, a stranger, and the two walked together to Bronx Park, police said. Once in the park, Lewis began pummeling her head, smashing her teeth and strangling the girl, causing her to black out three times, police said.

He ripped off her pants, sexually abused the teen and then forced her into a nearby river to wash away any evidence he left behind, officials said. Lewis fled east on E. 213st St.

What was also concerning was his wearing of gloves and that the charges include Strangulation and Attempted rape.

I think it was easier to have her wash herself off rather than for him to carry her to the water, etc. He may have have strangled her after that...I think he may have left her for dead.

Well done, NYPD. Glad it appears the book is being thrown at him.

Now, any prior arrests for felonies? Was his DNA in the databank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member