NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great!! I am crossing my fingers he is linked to others and now his DNA will match. Going to read articles now.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Poss broken pelvis, too!

Coat in the recent arrest video, as well as clothing in prior suspect release video and his well maintained haircut...indicate he is not homeless, etc.

Likely, held a job. Looks like any decent, regular guy in the neighborhood.

What a Monster!

Think I found his fb. This guy is a creep. He does look darker than the surveillance which would make sense if it was night vision.

I haven't seen anywhere yet, have they said if he has any priors?

^^BBM

Not that I've run across.

Don't know if same individual. YOB (articles state 27 yo) and spelling of first name match:

http://nysdoccslookup.doccs.ny.gov/kinqw00

The Weeds is such a strange place, with an appropriately grisly history. For example, in August of 2015 a construction iron worker named Anthony Russo was found there, hanging from a tree. He actually lived near KV, around 92nd Street, I think. I believe his death was ruled a suicide, following a " bad break up" with a GF. And starting in the 1930's, the Weeds was supposedly a kind of mass grave, a dumping ground for victims of the Gambino organized crime family... So. there is an eerie vibe to the Weeds. jmo

Most places have buried bodies if you go back for enough.

Video of him released at link below. Def does not want his full face shown. Wonder if other victims will identify him:

http://abc7ny.com/news/man-arrested-in-beating-sexual-assault-of-15-year-old-girl/1579126/

YESSSS! Thank you, Epiphany for the great news. Another perv bites the dust, thanks to the NYPD!

BRONX MAN ARRESTED IN BEATING, SEXUAL ASSAULT IN EDENWALD PARK
Marcus Solis reporting live from Edenwald, Queens, for Eyewitness News, ABC 7 NY
about 7 this morning.

Screenshot 2016-10-29 at 1.21.19 PM - Edited (1).jpgPRV P.jpgPRV P - Edited.jpg doesn't like looking up, but caught one glance. done.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-10-28 at 7.08.27 bb - Edited.jpg
    Screenshot 2016-10-28 at 7.08.27 bb - Edited.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 17
Thanks for all the detail about the REWARD confusion.
You’ve explained the , TD Bank, and NYPD.
How does Crime Stoppers intertwine with all of this?

If someone knows who killed KV, to get the REWARD(s), they report it to:
NYPD for $35,000 reward
Crime Stoppers for $2,000 or $10,000 reward
PV for $200,000 reward
?????

If there is the slim chance that money will buy the truth, the tipster will likely wait until the REWARD payouts are definitive. If money will buy the truth, they can’t be sloppy with the details about the REWARD.

There is a long post on Phil's FB site under the $200k reward poster (posted by TT) that I saw a few days ago that might explain the confusion in the reward money from /TD Bank, NYPD etc. The TD Bank account was supposed to be for the reward and had $50k in it the day it was opened on August 9th, but no one but PV and the committee of 5 (if they still exist) knows how much is in there now and it's supposedly being used for the "foundation now and not the reward". I think I've only seen that TD Bank Account mentioned one time in the newspaper the whole time it has existed and one time in a comment (now disabled) that a member in the committee posted when this all began. It's all hush-hush and they don't want donors to know that that account exists too- its for locals to donate to without paying the fee.

Anything over $200k in the is being used for the foundation too...but if PV wants to hire PIs, or a psychic detective, etc...he should go ahead and use that extra $84k (minus whatever takes out) and not wait for donations that are not coming in as quickly as they once were. It's probably because of this confusion that many people are not donating as quickly and as much as they were before. PV raised the goal of the from $200k to $400k many weeks ago...supposedly for more money for the foundation.

I know the reward from is $200k. The NYPD is $35k. A LE person told me many weeks ago that the NYPD can't have their poster ($35k that they haven't updated in pics I've seen in articles) on the same lightpost/telephone pole that Phil has his reward posters on. Probably they can't have it on the same website.

The media makes it appear like the reward from PV is the whole $284k in the . It's very confusing and like TT says in that long post it would be great if the " story page" was updated and clarified so the confusion of what money goes where is put to rest. The page is very misleading and needs to be more transparent. I know TT and another person who have been following this from the start and it's been confusing the whole 11 weeks+ since it started (August 9th). It was made into a non-profit "Karina Vetrano Memorial Foundation" (not same as memorial reward fund as stated on that poster) just 3 days after it started according to one update by PV. They should have started a separate or website for the "memorial foundation" and made the for the "reward only." Now, they are mingled together and it's VERY confusing to say the least. TT told me that they reported this to way back in the end of August and suggested ways to improve the page, but has done nothing to fix it and they claim they are very involved with "campaign management because this is such a high profile case" and that wants to make sure it's not misleading nor fraudulent looking. I know no one asked for all this info, but I saw in another string where there was some questions regarding the page..so thought I would share all the info I know about it. It's a big mess!

Thanks for the info. Shows he served time for robbery (if in fact it is him) . So dna would not be on file or would it? Also probably why he wore gloves.

Confirmed now. Appears to have been on parole for Robbery conviction:

Police say the man arrested in the brutal beating of a 15-year-old girl in the Bronx was on parole for a robbery conviction.

http://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...-sexually-assaulting-a-teen-in-the-bronx.html

Crazy. Wonder if his DNA was on file.

This appears to be him: SHAUN LEWIS, Age 27, DOB 10/13/1989

Edit: It seems DNA would not have been collected for his 2009 conviction. Not required until August 1, 2012.
http://www.criminaljustice.ny.gov/forensic/dnaoffenses.htm

Robbery in the first degree is a class B felony
http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/article160.htm

http://nysdoccslookup.doccs.ny.gov/GCA00P00/WIQ3/WINQ130
Inmate Information
Data Definitions are provided for most of the elements listed below. When a detailed definition is available for a specific element, you may click on the element's label to view it.

Identifying and Location Information
As of 10/29/16
DIN (Department Identification Number) 09R1341
Inmate Name LEWIS, SHAUN
Sex MALE
Date of Birth 10/13/1989
Race / Ethnicity BLACK
Custody Status RELEASED
Housing / Releasing Facility EDGECOMBE
Date Received (Original) 04/14/2009
Date Received (Current) 01/29/2014
Admission Type
County of Commitment BRONX
Latest Release Date / Type (Released Inmates Only) 03/14/14 PAROLE DIV OF PAROLE
Crimes of Conviction
If all 4 crime fields contain data, there may be additional crimes not shown here. In this case, the crimes shown here are those with the longest sentences.
As of 10/29/16
Crime Class
ROBBERY 1ST B

Sentence Terms and Release Dates
Under certain circumstances, an inmate may be released prior to serving his or her minimum term and before the earliest release date shown for the inmate.
As of 10/29/16
Aggregate Minimum Sentence 0005 Years, 07 Months, 10 Days
Aggregate Maximum Sentence 0006 Years, 04 Months, 00 Days
Earliest Release Date
Earliest Release Type
Parole Hearing Date 03/2014
Parole Hearing Type PAROLE VIOLATOR ASSESSED EXPIRATION
Parole Eligibility Date 10/13/2013
Conditional Release Date 10/13/2013
Maximum Expiration Date 07/03/2014
Maximum Expiration Date for Parole Supervision
Post Release Supervision Maximum Expiration Date 10/11/2018
Parole Board Discharge Date

NYS DNA Databank Qualifying Offenses
The New York’s DNA Databank was created to maintain DNA profiles of convicted offenders so law enforcement officials could identify perpetrators of crimes when DNA evidence was retrieved from a crime scene.
The DNA Databank began limited operations in 1996. DNA samples were collected from individuals convicted of homicide and certain sex-related offenses. Since that time, the law that created the Databank has been amended five times to expand the number of crimes that require a DNA sample upon conviction.
The latest expansion took effect on August 1, 2012. Effective that date, offenses include all felonies in any state law and Penal Law misdemeanors. The law applies to any defendant convicted on or after August 1, 2012.
The law is not retroactive and does not apply to children involved in Family Court matters, to youthful offenders or to first-time offenders convicted of a specific subsection of fifth-degree marijuana possession (Penal Law Section 221.10, subsection 1).

NYS DNA Databank Qualifying Offenses
The New York’s DNA Databank was created to maintain DNA profiles of convicted offenders so law enforcement officials could identify perpetrators of crimes when DNA evidence was retrieved from a crime scene.
The DNA Databank began limited operations in 1996. DNA samples were collected from individuals convicted of homicide and certain sex-related offenses. Since that time, the law that created the Databank has been amended five times to expand the number of crimes that require a DNA sample upon conviction.
The latest expansion took effect on August 1, 2012. Effective that date, offenses include all felonies in any state law and Penal Law misdemeanors. The law applies to any defendant convicted on or after August 1, 2012.
The law is not retroactive and does not apply to children involved in Family Court matters, to youthful offenders or to first-time offenders convicted of a specific subsection of fifth-degree marijuana possession (Penal Law Section 221.10, subsection 1).

Yes, was just about to post this. Thanks

Thanks for all the detail about the REWARD confusion.
You’ve explained the , TD Bank, and NYPD.
How does Crime Stoppers intertwine with all of this?

If someone knows who killed KV, to get the REWARD(s), they report it to:
NYPD for $35,000 reward
Crime Stoppers for $2,000 or $10,000 reward
PV for $200,000 reward
?????

If there is the slim chance that money will buy the truth, the tipster will likely wait until the REWARD payouts are definitive. If money will buy the truth, they can’t be sloppy with the details about the REWARD.

I'm pretty sure Crime Stoppers is representing the NYPD on this. NYPD was $2,000, then $10,000, then $15,000 then $25,000 then $35,000 or something like that. It went up 5 times at least...and when you call the TIP line that's is Crime Stoppers and think they are doing the work for the NYPD. I just looked for the detailed FB post on PV's site regarding this $200k reward poster (, etc.) and it has been deleted today because they don't want anyone to know all this. TT told him to delete it once read. Hopefully, they will try to clarify their site if they read it...but maybe not. The total reward is $235k. I've noticed (and been told by others) that PV doesn't respond to any posts on his FB wall, FB messenger messages, nor e-mails. It's been extremely difficult getting info to him - especially when he is asking for it (i.e., Go Pro, etc). I noticed he has time to delete some anti-Trump comment someone put on there days ago, but no time to respond to a message or say "thanks for the info." Sorry for being negative about this, but I know many people have had a hard time getting hold of him to give him info and I even gave them his phone number so they could call him with the info! Many people (including me now) think the only info he wants is the "name of the killer(s)" and not info on hiring a PI, psychic detective, other info on DNA testing, etc. Oh well.. people have tried to help out, but very hard if you can't get the info to the person asking for it.

But NYPD Crime Stoppers webpage currently shows $10,000 REWARD poster, and is what Forager pointed out yesterday.
http://a056-crimestoppers.nyc.gov/crimestoppers/public/wanted-detail.html?id=1123

I'm pretty sure Crime Stoppers is representing the NYPD on this. NYPD was $2,000, then $10,000, then $15,000 then $25,000 then $35,000 or something like that. It went up 5 times at least...and when you call the TIP line that's is Crime Stoppers and think they are doing the work for the NYPD. I just looked and all the information in the the FB post on PV's site regarding this $200k reward poster (, etc.) and it has been deleted because they don't want anyone to know all this. Hopefully, they will clarify their site if they read it...but maybe not. The total reward is $235k.

Interesting! The Crimestoppers NYC site is still showing this in its "Wanted" section, even though NYC has pledged a total of $35,000 in reward according to news articles.

attachment.php

http://a056-crimestoppers.nyc.gov/crimestoppers/public/wanted.html

But NYPD Crime Stoppers webpage currently shows $10,000 REWARD poster, and is what Forager pointed out yesterday.
http://a056-crimestoppers.nyc.gov/crimestoppers/public/wanted-detail.html?id=1123

That's because it's never been updated to $35k on that site- except once. The posters shown in news articles all say $10k. I guess I goofed in the progression of that NYPD tip...it was $2,500 (not $2,000) and they had posters up for $2,500 (saw in news articles) and then $10,000, but they never put them up for all the other increases because it kept going up too many times (3 more times). Thousands of these posters were put up. Maybe someone can call up the Tip Line for clarification but that's what I've understood it to be. The Guardian Angels helped hand out thousands of the picture of the guy in the sketch and maybe they helped post the flyers for the NYPD post too..but it would be a nightmare changing all those posters when they kept raising the tip amount.

Originally it was reported that KV was raped both via her vagina and her rectum. Her buttocks were badly bruised. She was found on her stomach, with her under wear pulled down. Touch DNA was found on her throat, on her phone, and she had the perp's DNA under her fingernails. No mention has ever been made of semen. I think KV was likely penetrated with a foreign object. jmo I also think she was left the way she was to send a message, to hurt, taunt, and shock her family. jmo Perhaps this was always a planned murder, rather than a rape which escalated to murder. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024