NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PV's behavior is not odd to me, at all.
I was mugged when I was in h.s. When my dad found out, he went into our garage and found the heaviest baseball bat we had and proceeded to canvas the neighborhood for the guy. We didn't know the guy, but, my dad was so consumed with anger that someone would have hurt his baby (me ;-) that he was in a rage.

Thankfully, LE got to the guy before my dad did.

Oh it isn't odd to me I'm more intrigued by why he wasn't able to find her. Like I wonder if the killer knocked her out or took her somewhere or if she was already dead

Oh it isn't odd to me I'm more intrigued by why he wasn't able to find her. Like I wonder if the killer knocked her out or took her somewhere or if she was already dead

If you read back to the earliest posts, I believe it was posted the he knocked her out, struck her from behind. Its been a long time and I don't remember exactly. Sorry.

If you read back to the earliest posts, I believe it was posted the he knocked her out, struck her from behind. Its been a long time and I don't remember exactly. Sorry.

That's what I remember also(I've been following it since it happened but get confused cause if VM case) but she's but him and clearly dragged her so he must have knocked her out after. I want to hope she wasn't alive for the rape... and doing what was done makes me wonder if it was revenge. Maybe he asked her out on on earth of her catering jobs or in the train and she said no so he wanted revenge. It's like what someone would do to destroy her parents or a bf or sibling. But could he have moved her and made it seem like he never did ans that's why the dad didn't see her? He would be blaming himself even more if he went to the area but didn't hear her phone or her. I wonder if her phone was turned off. And wonder if he still thinks it's that other jogger and the cops assume it isnt because he came forward. Did He see someone in the area that's off or get a weird call or something?

Don't think we really got anything from MSM at to what took place, other than she was dragged off of trail.... Even something like how often did she regularly run the trail alone, etc...
The mention of a rock being used IIRC came from a profiler, not LE..... As is common, and to the chagrin of the recently late Firefox, LE doesn't give us much to go on.....

Don't think we really got anything from MSM at to what took place, other than she was dragged off of trail.... Even something like how often did she regularly run the trail alone, etc...
The mention of a rock being used IIRC came from a profiler, not LE..... As is common, and to the chagrin of the recently late Firefox, LE doesn't give us much to go on.....
Not only that but I don't recall PV getting antsy after just a half hour. And I sure don't remember him taking a machete. Quite possibly have missed something but still, that seems like a biggie. A machete?!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Not only that but I don't recall PV getting antsy after just a half hour. And I sure don't remember him taking a machete. Quite possibly have missed something but still, that seems like a biggie. A machete?!

It was Mr.V. himself who mentioned the machete. Also he mentioned that he had met K.at the subway station as she came home from work. Ditto for he himself saying that he got a weird feeling, and set off looking for her 30 minutes after she set off to go running. I had not known these things before, but Mr. V. mentioned all these things in a recent newspaper interview.

He said that he went looking for K. 30minutes after she left the house.

K. was last seen at the entrance to the "park" at 5 :46 pm ( on video).

So, if K. actually went to go running at around 5 :30pm, that would put Mr. V. somewhere around the park entrance at 6pm ish.

I assumed that he took a machete to cut through the weeds around the fire lanes ? If he wanted to defend himself, I think Mr. V. would have other means at his disposal ? JMO, though...

This was an interview Mr. V. gave to the NY Post on November 24th. And apparently he took the machete to dismember anyone he found who had hurt K. This was what he said.

In the interview he states that he didn't get to the park until around 6 30pm, and so he missed seeing anyone in the vicinity. I guess he went home at that point.

I get a vibe that Mr.V. was very concerned for his daughter in their neighborhood. He was apparently okay with K. going to France that summer...jmo

It was Mr.V. himself who mentioned the machete. Also he mentioned that he had met K.at the subway station as she came home from work. Ditto for he himself saying that he got a weird feeling, and set off looking for her 30 minutes after she set off to go running. I had not known these things before, but Mr. V. mentioned all these things in a recent newspaper interview.

He said that he went looking for K. 30minutes after she left the house.

K. was last seen at the entrance to the "park" at 5 :46 pm ( on video).

So, if K. actually went to go running at around 5 :30pm, that would put Mr. V. somewhere around the park entrance at 6pm ish.

I assumed that he took a machete to cut through the weeds around the fire lanes ? If he wanted to defend himself, I think Mr. V. would have other means at his disposal ? JMO, though...
I guess I'm not understanding. He took a machete to the firelanes to hack through the weeds? How did he know he was going to have to whack through the weeds to find his daughter.... who he originally told not to go there. Sorry to be dense but I don't get it.

I hadn't seen this particular interview before, but PV mentions the machete here: http://nypost.com/2016/11/24/slain-...nksgiving-theres-nothing-for-me-to-celebrate/

A baseball bat would be found in many garages, and would be a logical thing for a man to reach for if going looking for a vulnerable loved one. But when I first read about the machete I imagined he'd taken that as a weapon, not to cut through weeds.

I've seen people from the Caribbean who sell fruit and sugar cane out of trucks around Brooklyn/Queens (and other places) use machetes to cut cane and coconuts. Otherwise It does seem to me to be an unusual thing to own. Not impossible. But I grew up in an Italian neighborhood. Plenty of baseball bats, zero machetes.

I guess I'm not understanding. He took a machete to the firelanes to hack through the weeds? How did he know he was going to have to whack through the weeds to find his daughter.... who he originally told not to go there. Sorry to be dense but I don't get it.

Okay here it is : I wondered too about the machete. I wondered if he took the machete in case he had to cut through the weeds. But, he himself says that he too it to dismember anyone he caught bothering or trying to hurt his daughter. Hope this makes it clearer. this is one of a few reasons why I think he was very concerned about K. in their neighborhood. jmo

This family's grief is just so heartbreaking. From Periwinkl3's link:

“There would have been no crap beating out of him. There would have been limbs coming off,’’ Vetrano said of the attacker. “But it was already too late, because it was 6:30 when I left here.”

“I ran the timeline. She went in there at 5:46,” he said. “I ran to the location at the speed she would have run at. I got to the location [where she was found] in five minutes and 30 seconds. So that is 5:52, 5:53, when she had this confrontation.’’

“I think she’s afraid to show me what he looks like — because I will kill him,’’ Vetrano said.

Recently the news but mentioned his getting a bad feeling and he wasn't on Doctor oz I myself haven't seen anything with the machete but haven't listened to all of the PV stuff but the machete just seemed over the top like he suspected this person before and did a whole I'll kill you if you come near her again type thing and got worried when maybe she didn't reply. I think the killer lived near and lnewbrbe area. And at first but the dad called out that other jogger which I feel he must have suspected for other reasons he didn't say. But how did he not come across the crime or noise or ger ringing phone. THe dad seems the type who would rather get his own justice for her so we won't know if he does I guess.

Okay here it is : I wondered too about the machete. I wondered if he took the machete in case he had to cut through the weeds. But, he himself says that he too it to dismember anyone he caught bothering or trying to hurt his daughter. Hope this makes it clearer. this is one of a few reasons why I think he was very concerned about K. in their neighborhood. jmo

It makes sense now. So I wonder who creeped him out enough to want to dismember? I had assumed the machete was for weeds until then. Oddest tool to pick up for self defense less the goals just to scare someone

I am sure if he came up on the person that killed his daughter he would want to dismember who ever it is. I originally also believed the machete was for the weeds. I remember reading the weeds were tall and thick. But as Liz B mentions above he himself mentioned why he brought it.

I am sure if he came up on the person that killed his daughter he would want to dismember who ever it is. I originally also believed the machete was for the weeds. I remember reading the weeds were tall and thick. But as Liz B mentions above he himself mentioned why he brought it.
I'm sorry but I just don't see it. Why did he automatically think someone had hurt his daughter after a half hour? Why pick up the machete?
Something here is odd.

I'm sorry but I just don't see it. Why did he automatically think someone had hurt his daughter after a half hour? Why pick up the machete?
Something here is odd.

Reminds of Holly Bobo's mother who instinctively felt something was wrong and told her son to go out with a gun and check what was happening.... It's strange, but sometimes you get a premonition that something bad is going to happen or has just happened... Not sure what triggers it, and can't explain it - I've had one in my own life...

Reminds of Holly Bobo's mother who instinctively felt something was wrong and told her son to go out with a gun and check what was happening.... It's strange, but sometimes you get a premonition that something bad is going to happen or has just happened... Not sure what triggers it, and can't explain it - I've had one in my own life...

Agreed. I was 12 when my mom passed and was sleeping. She was at the hospital. I woke up and looked at the clock at exactly the time she died. I felt it.

So he admits to being capable of dismembering someone with a machete? I mean, I think most fathers would feel that way after the fact, but beforehand? I agree, there is missing information here if he truly went looking for her with a machete with the intent to murder someone with it (no matter the reason)

Something here is odd.

He also met K at the subway station as she came home from work. IDK if this was usual...It is interesting to watch the video of K.'s mother speaking about K.'s killer.. its almost like K's mom knows or strongly suspects someone...JMO

He also met K at the subway station as she came home from work. IDK if this was usual...It is interesting to watch the video of K.'s mother speaking about K.'s killer.. its almost like K's mom knows or strongly suspects someone...JMO

It's always those little details we don't have the opportunity to ask in all the cases we follow ---- LE does, but we don't.... Reminds me of Lt. Colombo; his attention to those little details...

Something here is odd.

To me it's over the top unless you have good reasons to worry that the public don't know about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha