NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well she likely wants to keep safe and not have the person target her also. Is that the same Alex from the blogs? I forget what his last name was. Perhaps a jealous ex lashed out at her because she found a new man?

Well she likely wants to keep safe and not have the person target her also. Is that the same Alex from the blogs? I forget what his last name was. Perhaps a jealous ex lashed out at her because she found a new man?

different last names

If that was the case, why didn't PV go with her to run? I don't care how bad his back hurt. If he was in any
way spooked, he would surely have gone with her...pain or no pain.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
good point. he went out with a machete. why did he let her go at all?

This is what confuses me, so he just went with a machete to look yet didn't find her? And then came back called the cops and wasn't able to? Could the killer have taken her elsewhere then brought her back? Not sure how he didn't find her the first time and didn't wait for cops but then led them to her when they went looking.

that article is old its from the year 2011...maybe could be the guy if he still hasn't been caught...they need to catch him and take his DNA...

He may well have left h DNA at the crime scene or on his victims. jmo

Well the person who killed karina had to likely be strong and powerful she was very in shape and fast but that use sounds short and weak cause he needs to use stun guns and what not

interesting thought... the links say the perp in the other referenced case was fought off by a 13yo, it seems odd that KV could not given her strength and fit physique. but I think I read that she was grabbed /dragged from behind :( so I guess it's hard to say...in any event scary to think that either is still lurking, and not yet captured

I really really hope that it doesn't take 22 years to solve Karina's murder.
Her parents deserve answers in their lifetime. And the needs to be caught while he is still alive.
I really hope it doesn't take this long too! Someone out there knows something. I don't want the perp to commit another crime, but maybe something simple as a robbery and caught on video and arrested. Ugh.

I saw that article this evening in the New York Post and it brought tears to my eyes. One mother has closure. The 1995 murder may never have gotten a second look if it hadn't been for the Vetrano case. I surely hope KV's case is solved soon.

Hi all you amazing sleuthers! I am a non stop lurker/sometime poster. I am only halfway through the thread but had to state that the pain this father is feeling is as if it's seeping through the screen. I can not imagine how horrific it must be to not only have your baby horribly murdered but to be the one who found her.. Wow. My father is old school Italian and he would be the same way PV is. Sorry. Im rambling. To the point he is a retired firefighter correct? I wonder if there was any fire that he was involved in that he was unable to save victims? I don't think I'm phrasing this correctly. I am wondering about retribution. Possibly a woman? I am a bit behind so they may have already confirmed DNA pointing to male or female

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Hi all you amazing sleuthers! I am a non stop lurker/sometime poster. I am only halfway through the thread but had to state that the pain this father is feeling is as if it's seeping through the screen. I can not imagine how horrific it must be to not only have your baby horribly murdered but to be the one who found her.. Wow. My father is old school Italian and he would be the same way PV is. Sorry. Im rambling. To the point he is a retired firefighter correct? I wonder if there was any fire that he was involved in that he was unable to save victims? I don't think I'm phrasing this correctly. I am wondering about retribution. Possibly a woman? I am a bit behind so they may have already confirmed DNA pointing to male or female

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk
Welcome! Yes, they have confirmed the DNA is from a male.

It still is very weird to me that the father went out there with a machete after getting a bad feeling. But did he go search before the cops got there and somehow didn't find her? Or did he find her and lead them there or did they look all at once and found her? I assumed it was the last one but him going in with the machete is weird if it was before by himself and he didn't see her. Could he have not gone far enough?

It still is very weird to me that the father went out there with a machete after getting a bad feeling. But did he go search before the cops got there and somehow didn't find her? Or did he find her and lead them there or did they look all at once and found her? I assumed it was the last one but him going in with the machete is weird if it was before by himself and he didn't see her. Could he have not gone far enough?

Mr. V. said that he got a weird feeling that all was not well with his daughter. He said that he left the house to look for her a half hour after she had left to go running. He did not see her. He did not say how long he looked, or where he looked, but I would think he looked in the area of the fire lanes, because he knew K. ran there. He has also said that he got really worried because K. did not answer his calls and texts. he called a friend, a neighbor of his who was a LE official. That is how K. was later found. I think he is devastated because he was in pain and unable to run with K. that night, and also perhaps because he may have just missed K.'s killer. jmo.

PV's behavior is not odd to me, at all.
I was mugged when I was in h.s. When my dad found out, he went into our garage and found the heaviest baseball bat we had and proceeded to canvas the neighborhood for the guy. We didn't know the guy, but, my dad was so consumed with anger that someone would have hurt his baby (me ;-) that he was in a rage.

Thankfully, LE got to the guy before my dad did.

Mr. V. said that he got a weird feeling that all was not well with his daughter. He said that he left the house to look for her a half hour after she had left to go running. He did not see her. He did not say how long he looked, or where he looked, but I would think he looked in the area of the fire lanes, because he knew K. ran there. He has also said that he got really worried because K. did not answer his calls and texts. he called a friend, a neighbor of his who was a LE official. That is how K. was later found. I think he is devastated because he was in pain and unable to run with K. that night, and also perhaps because he may have just missed K.'s killer. jmo.

And if he was calling her phone but didn't hear it ring then was it silenced? He must not have uses track my iPhone. But yea what if the killer took her from the area then brought her back or she escaped by biting him and tried to run when hearing her dad call her name. To me machete as says looking in spots that need stuff chopped down and says worried for her which it's very soon after she left that he got worried. How on earth did he miss her if he was close enough to the spot(if he was even near) and not find any of her stuff strewn about and signs of a struggle or heat a struggle or hear he phone ringing cause I'm sure he kept calling it. Was her phone found? I forget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member