NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A dailymail article I just saw said she was a caterer also so could someone become obsessed at something she caterered and has struck up a convo about jogging with her there?

A newspaper article mentioned that Mr V.said he met his daughter at the subway station, and they got a slice of pizza on the way home.

Thanks for the info. I totally missed this. When did it happen?

I hope so. Another thing : I read that on the evening that she was murdered Mr. V. said that he met K. at the train station when she was coming home from work. They then went and had pizza, and K. decided to go running. I do not know how far away from the house the train station is, but I got the vibe that Mr. V. was wanting to almost keep watch over K. in the neighborhood. I wonder if he met her at the subway station every evening ? Could anything have happened, had anyone upset K. in the days and weeks before she was killed ?

Maybe LE knows a lot more that is known ...jmo and just spec...

Since she began her run about 5 or 5:15, sounds like not much time after eating pizza before running? I could never run after eating something heavy....

Since she began her run about 5 or 5:15, sounds like not much time after eating pizza before running? I could never run after eating something heavy....

Her dad said that she only ate half the slice, then decided she was going running. In NYC it's common to order just a slice or two.

Old Steve, I'm not sure exactly when she left to go running. But she was seen on video at 5 :46 pm close to the park entrance.

Also Mr. V said in the news article that he felt something was wrong, and he left to look for her 30 minutes after she left to go running. And he took a machete with him. I don't know the route he took, or if he was seen on the same video cam that K. was seen on.

Her dad said that she only ate half the slice, then decided she was going running. In NYC it's common to order just a slice or two.

Old Steve, I'm not sure exactly when she left to go running. But she was seen on video at 5 :46 pm close to the park entrance.

Also Mr. V said in the news article that he felt something was wrong, and he left to look for her 30 minutes after she left to go running. And he took a machete with him. I don't know the route he took, or if he was seen on the same video cam that K. was seen on.

Was he picking her up from work? Where did she work now anyways?

There is a video somewhere, where PV talks about the time she left, when she must have been attacked, etc. He ran the same run, at her pace, to figure it all out.

To me you don't go look formyour kid with a machete unless you're very sure of danger which makes me think someone or something caused that fear

Was he picking her up from work? Where did she work now anyways?

There is a video somewhere, where PV talks about the time she left, when she must have been attacked, etc. He ran the same run, at her pace, to figure it all out.

Yes, he said that he was meeting her as she got off the subway from work.

To me you don't go look formyour kid with a machete unless you're very sure of danger which makes me think someone or something caused that fear

Yeah, that's a good point. I cant imagine what he must of gone through at that moment

RSBM

I used a box of tissues as I watched his interview. He explained first about how extremely close he and his daughter are to one another. They enjoyed doing many activities together. He was so in tune to his daughter that when a feeling of fear came over him, he listened to that gut instinct, tied his shoes and left to go locate his baby girl.

Mr. V was asked how did he know where to find his daughter. He responded, by saying, "I know the running path that we take."

Did the rapist killer just get lucky and notice she was running alone this time since her father usually ran with her? How would the killer know in advance that Mr. V would not be running with her?

Respectfully snipped:
RSBM
Did the rapist killer just get lucky and notice she was running alone this time since her father usually ran with her? How would the killer know in advance that Mr. V would not be running with her?
I don't know if we know for how long he had stopped running with her.... I know it seems from the way articles mention it that sounds like it was just that time, but somewhere I thought I read it wasn't...

RSBM

I used a box of tissues as I watched his interview. He explained first about how extremely close he and his daughter are to one another. They enjoyed doing many activities together. He was so in tune to his daughter that when a feeling of fear came over him, he listened to that gut instinct, tied his shoes and left to go locate his baby girl.

Mr. V was asked how did he know where to find his daughter. He responded, by saying, "I know the running path that we take."

BBM

That Is the million dollar question!

RSBM

BBM

That is why I think this was a random attack, a crime of opportunity. I don't think the killer had any idea that the father normally ran with his daughter. The killer saw a lone prey and attacked.

jmopinion

RSBM

What if he's his friend or someone he would tell he wasn't going running because of his back or whatever it was

I wonder if anyone considered a friend or someone who's became obsessed over the years then felt he had his chance when the dad somehow made it clear he wouldn't be there and because everyone is focusing on a stranger or whatever we are looking past it but it's hard to say.

I wonder if anyone considered a friend or someone who's became obsessed over the years then felt he had his chance when the dad somehow made it clear he wouldn't be there and because everyone is focusing on a stranger or whatever we are looking past it but it's hard to say.

So many possibilities. It did seem early on that Mrs V may have been directing her rage at a particular person. KV might have said at some point that someone they all knew made her uncomfortable.

I wonder when and why PV acquired a machete.

BBM

That is why I think this was a random attack, a crime of opportunity. I don't think the killer had any idea that the father normally ran with his daughter. The killer saw a lone prey and attacked.

jmopinion
Unless the killer knew the family. I am still considering that revenge is the reason for the attack. It could be a long-standing grudge or a recent dispute.

So many possibilities. It did seem early on that Mrs V may have been directing her rage at a particular person. KV might have said at some point that someone they all knew made her uncomfortable.

I wonder when and why PV acquired a machete.

I agree with you that it seemed she was directing her rage. It also seemed IIRC that there was chatter about it not being a "stranger" but again this is all hearsay. Unfortunately it's been almost 5 months and it's so sad to see no arrest made.

Hopefully KVs family is fighting as hard as they can for the familial DNA testing. Which I believe would be such a huge thing for this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member