NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not quoting your post, because, it will get deleted. ^^^
But...I don't even understand what this fool is getting at. Nelly? Lol.
Don't let the trolls get you down. You know the truth.

I am not quoting your post, because, it will get deleted. ^^^
But...I don't even understand what this fool is getting at. Nelly? Lol.
Don't let the trolls get you down. You know the truth.

I agree, please delete your post. Don't give a voice to people like that here in this forum.

Can someone explain what the real issue is with this familial DNA?
I would have no problem whatsoever if cops called and said "it looks like your cousin committed this crime, who might this be?" I'm sure most people would know immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One cousin would narrow it down, however, What if you have 35 cousins?
Collection of DNA, (unless when arrested of a felony, or a serious misdemeanor https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katie's_Law) falls under the 4th amendment of search and seizure, meaning a warrant has to be issued in order to collect it.
In order for a judge to issue the warrant, LE has to prove that there are reasonable grounds that that specific person committed the crime, and if you have 35 cousins, it's not narrowed down to one person.

One cousin would narrow it down, however, What if you have 35 cousins?
Collection of DNA, (unless when arrested of a felony, or a serious misdemeanor https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katie's_Law) falls under the 4th amendment of search and seizure, meaning a warrant has to be issued in order to collect it.
In order for a judge to issue the warrant, LE has to prove that there are reasonable grounds that that specific person committed the crime, and if you have 35 cousins, it's not narrowed down to one person.

I'm hoping I would know which of my 35 cousins was a rapist and murderer.
Of course people are always like "he killed 5 people???? He wouldn't hurt a fly!!! I had no idea!!"

If this was a first, or even a second, crime ( because he has no DNA on file), it is horrifying in its intensity. jmo If it is true that many predators increase their level of violence as their murder arc progresses, then any successive crimes this killer(s) does are truly difficult to imagine. jmo

Damn. That's so sad. I just want to hug him and give him some answers.

I know I used to make fun of it.... but I kinda miss The Nancy Grace Show.

Thinking about Gavin de Becker's book The Gift of Fear. In it, he suggests that people often notice signs that someone/something is "off" before they are victimized. He says it's when we don't heed those subtle warnings that we are more likely to become victims. I wonder if Mr. or Mrs. V noticed someone/something unusual before KV's murder. Maybe they should consider working with a board-certified hypnotist to try to recall anything useful.

NEW YORK — The Federal Bureau of Investigation has joined the search for Karina Vetrano’s killer, police sources said.

The FBI assisted the NYPD in developing a criminal profile for the NYPD in the August 2 killing of the jogger, who was strangled after she went for a run in Queens’ Gateway National Park.

The park is federal property, managed by the National Park Service.

The suspect "is likely familiar with the park and he may have spent time there for any of a variety of reasons," the profile states.

Her killer is likely a man who "in the hours after the attack, likely appeared disheveled in appearance with possible scratches or cuts to his hands, arms, neck, or face," according to the profile.

The suspect may have changed his appearance and noticeably changed his level of alcohol, drug, or tobacco use, while monitoring media reporting on Vetrano's death.

http://pix11.com/2016/12/14/exclusive-fbi-joins-investigation-into-karina-vetrano-murder/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase