NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NEW YORK — The Federal Bureau of Investigation has joined the search for Karina Vetrano’s killer, police sources said.

The FBI assisted the NYPD in developing a criminal profile for the NYPD in the August 2 killing of the jogger, who was strangled after she went for a run in Queens’ Gateway National Park.

The park is federal property, managed by the National Park Service.

The suspect "is likely familiar with the park and he may have spent time there for any of a variety of reasons," the profile states.

Her killer is likely a man who "in the hours after the attack, likely appeared disheveled in appearance with possible scratches or cuts to his hands, arms, neck, or face," according to the profile.

The suspect may have changed his appearance and noticeably changed his level of alcohol, drug, or tobacco use, while monitoring media reporting on Vetrano's death.

http://pix11.com/2016/12/14/exclusive-fbi-joins-investigation-into-karina-vetrano-murder/

Good!
I hope this is the a big step toward finding the perp.

Excellent tip to mention that the perp might have changed appearances and habits after the crime. Perhaps now that some time as passed, if someone was afraid to call in a tip before, maybe they will feel confident in calling one in now. It's not too late to call with a tip - the right clue could crack the case! The perp needs to be off the streets before another victim is hurt or killed.

Glad to see some movement on the case. Thanks for posting this.

Thinking about Gavin de Becker's book The Gift of Fear. In it, he suggests that people often notice signs that someone/something is "off" before they are victimized. He says it's when we don't heed those subtle warnings that we are more likely to become victims. I wonder if Mr. or Mrs. V noticed someone/something unusual before KV's murder. Maybe they should consider working with a board-certified hypnotist to try to recall anything useful.

Good points. I always wondered if K's parents noticed anything too. Also wondered if anyone had bothered K. I think Mr V. likely did see something that set off his hinky meter, but he may not recall exactly what it was. Or who it was. But perhaps some part of him did remember, and that's why he took a machete when he first went looking for his daughter. jmo

Good points. I always wondered if K's parents noticed anything too. Also wondered if anyone had bothered K. I think Mr V. likely did see something that set off his hinky meter, but he may not recall exactly what it was. Or who it was. But perhaps some part of him did remember, and that's why he took a machete when he first went looking for his daughter. jmo

That's what I thought. My DD pointed out the use of hypnosis in the Chowchilla kidnapping:
https://books.google.com/books?id=8...us forensic hypnosis cases chowchilla&f=false

Either the two cases are connected, in that the perp knew both women ( even slightly), or there are two high risk,/ kill in public places,/ in broad daylight/ predators on the loose. Violent sexual sadists. jmo, though.

Yet no further effort by LE to warn people that a murderer is in their midst. Makes me think they're watching someone.

Yet no further effort by LE to warn people that a murderer is in their midst. Makes me think they're watching someone.

I hope so. Another thing : I read that on the evening that she was murdered Mr. V. said that he met K. at the train station when she was coming home from work. They then went and had pizza, and K. decided to go running. I do not know how far away from the house the train station is, but I got the vibe that Mr. V. was wanting to almost keep watch over K. in the neighborhood. I wonder if he met her at the subway station every evening ? Could anything have happened, had anyone upset K. in the days and weeks before she was killed ?

Maybe LE knows a lot more that is known ...jmo and just spec...

I've seen this by the Qns DA Richard Brown printed in a few papers:

“This tragic murder has been exhaustively investigated using every tool currently available, but it remains unsolved,” Brown wrote. “The killer remains at large, the public remains in danger, and the suffering of the victim’s family is amplified by law enforcement’s inability to solve this most awful crime.”

http://www.timesledger.com/stories/2016/51/vetranodna_2016_12_16_q.html

I've seen this by the Qns DA Richard Brown printed in a few papers:

“This tragic murder has been exhaustively investigated using every tool currently available, but it remains unsolved,” Brown wrote. “The killer remains at large, the public remains in danger, and the suffering of the victim’s family is amplified by law enforcement’s inability to solve this most awful crime.”

http://www.timesledger.com/stories/2016/51/vetranodna_2016_12_16_q.html

Yes, I saw. But the DA's not the one tracking a probable suspect, NYPD is. I think the reason NYPD is not all over the media, warning local people to take precautions, is that they have a suspect in mind. Also, the DA and LE sometimes have an adversarial relationship.

So his crossed my mind when I saw the thread about the girl who went missing on the way or at the metro.. when I saw that karina took the train that day then the missing girl with the metro(different state though) and then Vanessa marcotte, does anyone know if she drove or took a bus or train every weekend to see her Mom? Because if she did this seems like the killer could be someone stalking at the public transportation or working for it who sees these girls often. Maybe even has spoke to them. I've always thought the same person was reasonable for Vanessa and karina and maybe ally brueger don't know if ally took public transportation much or if at all but if she did and took it to where she went to jog then that's even more creepy and fishy... likely the dad saw someone at one of the places or the guy was at the train then he noticed he was where they went to eat and it gave him a weird feeling. Does anyone know about Vanessa or ally and using buses or trains to where they died or in the same day?

One small point: the attacker could have left without a scratch. I'm sure because I was once very fit very strong and when violently attacked could neither move nor speak. ( if you are quickly pinned that's it.)

One small point: the attacker could have left without a scratch. I'm sure because I was once very fit very strong and when violently attacked could neither move nor speak. ( if you are quickly pinned that's it.)
It has been reported that DNA was retrieved “from under her fingernails“, so Karina likely fought her attacker with her hands. He would have had scratches.

http://pix11.com/2016/12/08/queens-...ing-to-catch-killer-of-jogger-karina-vetrano/
Queens DA asks state for special DNA testing to catch killer of jogger Karina Vetrano
POSTED 8:07 PM, DECEMBER 8, 2016
[…] Back in August, a male DNA sample was retrieved from Vetrano’s cell phone, her neck, and from under her fingernails. A DNA profile was made, but there were no matches on the national CODIS database. Nothing on the state database, either. […]

Read this on an instagram post
"Not to get too technical- but, in February there will be a meeting to decide if familial DNA testing can and should be allowed in NY cases."

i really hope this passes..i can't believe some guy is just walking around, knowing what he's done.
since there is no match with the dna found, this means he hasn't committed a crime before, or was a teenager, or a criminal before the dna system? It's so hard to believe

I also read on kvs blog post, she mentioned talking to a random man on the train, not saying by all means this was the guy ( don't think it was), but i find it interesting reading that and reading that PV picked her up from the train station.. Possible she talks to some guy on there? Maybe he was another runner, and thats how the conversation started where she mentioned good running places, that her dad runs with her, etc etc. Jmo

Surely, police have looked at train footage, the pizza place video footage, etc???

"Not to get too technical- but, in February there will be a meeting to decide if familial DNA testing can and should be allowed in NY cases."

i really hope this passes..i can't believe some guy is just walking around, knowing what he's done.
since there is no match with the dna found, this means he hasn't committed a crime before, or was a teenager, or a criminal before the dna system? It's so hard to believe

I also read on kvs blog post, she mentioned talking to a random man on the train, not saying by all means this was the guy ( don't think it was), but i find it interesting reading that and reading that PV picked her up from the train station.. Possible she talks to some guy on there? Maybe he was another runner, and thats how the conversation started where she mentioned good running places, that her dad runs with her, etc etc. Jmo

Surely, police have looked at train footage, the pizza place video footage, etc???

I was thinking that also which maybe the dad saw him give her a weird look or saying something odd to her that day and hence the bad feeling. My question is how many times did she see him and how long was the ride and nowlng did they talk?

Yeah, i think this is something that is not being discussed to the public. I think he may have been another fit, active person, possibly runner that struck up conversation with her. I run often and know i have discussed running, running areas, etc with strangers without really putting any thought in it. Until now

Yeah, i think this is something that is not being discussed to the public. I think he may have been another fit, active person, possibly runner that struck up conversation with her. I run often and know i have discussed running, running areas, etc with strangers without really putting any thought in it. Until now

Especially if she's a fast runner and could easily run away from them. They'd need to be fast and strong to get her and in order to drag her the way he did. I wonder if they took the train daily and she also did and they kept discussing running until he had a good idea of her life and schedule and was obsessed.

Especially if she's a fast runner and could easily run away from them. They'd need to be fast and strong to get her and in order to drag her the way he did. I wonder if they took the train daily and she also did and they kept discussing running until he had a good idea of her life and schedule and was obsessed.

Thats what Im thinking. I don't think and have not thought those was a 100% random attack. But that's just my opinion. I think it was a little odd that PV met her at the train.. wish we knew if this was routine. But, i think she could of easily discussed with some random man her running routines, good places to go, where she normally goes, training for a marathon etc. He could of been watching for days, waiting, until the one time her Dad wasnt with her... Which she could of discussed as well.
The spot where she was found had thicker bushes by the path, making me think he was waiting there. And the large mud puddle was directly in front of those bushes. It like this was planned perfectly. Any runner would stop to avoid going in the mud or at least slow down. So at a halt or much slower when headphones on... :( was there ever mention of shoe prints in mud? Never remember reading about it, but her feet where wet, so there has to be something?

Sorry, that was kind of off topic, but glad case boggles my mind.

Thats what Im thinking. I don't think and have not thought those was a 100% random attack. But that's just my opinion. I think it was a little odd that PV met her at the train.. wish we knew if this was routine. But, i think she could of easily discussed with some random man her running routines, good places to go, where she normally goes, training for a marathon etc. He could of been watching for days, waiting, until the one time her Dad wasnt with her... Which she could of discussed as well.
The spot where she was found had thicker bushes by the path, making me think he was waiting there. And the large mud puddle was directly in front of those bushes. It like this was planned perfectly. Any runner would stop to avoid going in the mud or at least slow down. So at a halt or much slower when headphones on... :( was there ever mention of shoe prints in mud? Never remember reading about it, but her feet where wet, so there has to be something?

Sorry, that was kind of off topic, but glad case boggles my mind.

I agree because as someone who SN social I've discussed random things with strangers I've met. Hell I make good friends at bars in the bathroom because somehow we bond over a subject so I believe it's very possible. Someone in the VM thread mentioned her running app and I wonder did kv also have one and maybe we could compare and see if they ever ran the same routes. If she road it daily and maybe he also did for work or to stalk on days off or after work then I believe they easily could have become friendly enough that they'd ask each other how their day was and discuss whatever for however long the train ride was which shouldn't they have cameras on them? And I agree he hid there and never heard shoe stuff but to do what he did to someone so fast and muscular he had to be strong and fast. I almost think this dude targets joggers and kills them all in areas more and more public and is figuring out what he gets off on doing more. Because it was linked in the other thread that a jogger was attacked on a busy wooded path where lots of people were around and hit her over the head and she escaped luckily and said he was tall with very blue eyes so to me you have ally the area was more secluded and she was shot but it was New York and shes a brunette and I forget what else they said is in common then this case happens a SN it's a bit more public and rape and strangulation happen and grossly I've read it sounds as if they raped her in both ways which seems like he wanted to decide which he prefers or to really make her suffer for some reason then you have VM and articles said strangled and raped but then I stopped seeing them but it was even more cocky and daring and then this other girl gets attacked. All in the day all in wooded areas or lots of bushes. The FBI being involved in VM makes me think they suspect a serial killer also or at least they think this case and VM are the same guy. Maybe it's a coincidence but the locations the daytime and as far as I know aside from the one jogger recently they all were brunettes and same age and state they lived in so it feels to much of a coincidence to me. I mean since VM took a bus back from the weekend with her parents then who's to say she didn't meet this man KV did.

And I also want to know if this was daily or any day she worked and why. To me if he got her each time it shows worry because of something or someone. It isn't random to me and neither were the other ones I think. Granted she could have someone at work who was creepy so he wanted to make sure he got her each time burn it's very odd. Just like how he said he goes there daily to where it happened sometimes more than once it tells me he thinks they would be someone who jogs often there.

What pizza place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members