NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, I just confirmed with the Newsday reporter a few minutes ago that what he was told and reported by KV's friend "N" was that she and three other girl friends did in fact see a "screen shot of the mystery woman" and then when they asked to see the entire video they were shown it by LE. He said the part that may not be correct is that PV told him he saw the entire video when in fact he saw a "screen shot." A unidentified friend of PV's in LE showed this screen shot to him in private, but when telling the story to the reporter PV made it out to be the entire video was shown to him by this person. In the radio show, he said he has only seen a screen shot of the woman. Since the woman has been identified and talked to it didn't sound like she saw anything because she didn't appear to enter the park. Still....wonder why LE just won't show it to him now..or maybe they have and he's just not updated anyone via FB site or updates.
From what I can tell, it’s been 10 days since PV last requested the GoPro video, so perhaps he has seen in between then and now…. and like you said “he's just not updated anyone via FB site or updates.”
It would be best if the public got updates!

Pretty amazing that LE can catch a man who runs through a public park naked. Yet, in KV's case there is forensic evidence and there are no leads. Just so frustrating.

Agreed. I urge anyone who is considering the Italian mafia as a possible scenario to, please, find ONE case in which a mafia member brutally raped and murdered a woman. It was not in the past and is not now their MO. IMO.

I'm sorry I probably shouldn't have posted that article since it has comments that hint that this might be the case. There are some people who believe that KV ran into something she shouldn't have seen that had to do with the drug dealing that was going on in the area, but that had been going on for a year or so before JG's grandson was arrested. Anyway, everyone is considered a suspect and I just feel nothing should be ruled out until the killer(s) are found. Since this case appears to be going cold, their only hope might be doing the"Parabon- DNA Phenyotyping Testing" that several people have posted about on PV's FB site. They need to find the killer(s) and get justice for KV.

I'm sorry I probably shouldn't have posted that article since it has comments that hint that this might be the case. There are some people who believe that KV ran into something she shouldn't have seen that had to do with the drug dealing that was going on in the area, but that had been going on for a year or so before JG's grandson was arrested. Anyway, everyone is considered a suspect and I just feel nothing should be ruled out until the killer(s) are found. Since this case appears to be going cold, their only hope might be doing the"Parabon- DNA Phenyotyping Testing" that several people have posted about on PV's FB site. They need to find the killer(s) and get justice for KV.

Oh no! Don't be sorry. My post was not directed at you AT ALL! And I appreciate your interesting posts.
I have seen the mafia angle brought up so many times (not here) and it just does not fit the crime.
I do believe KV was targeted. I think someone was watching her and waiting for the opportunity to strike.

On PV FB is a reposting of the CRIME STOPPERS bulletin. It looks like the original post was August 12:
13912735_10157275299595076_8645975061964447758_n.jpg

Oh no! Don't be sorry. My post was not directed at you AT ALL! And I appreciate your interesting posts.
I have seen the mafia angle brought up so many times (not here) and it just does not fit the crime.
I do believe KV was targeted. I think someone was watching her and waiting for the opportunity to strike.

Agree someone was watching her. I think the someone knew her through her dad, through his contracting business. I think she was stalked for quite some time. jmo

On PV FB is a reposting of the CRIME STOPPERS bulletin. It looks like the original post was August 12:
13912735_10157275299595076_8645975061964447758_n.jpg

Thank you for this.

FWIW, I just confirmed with the Newsday reporter a few minutes ago that what he was told and reported by KV's friend "N" was that she and three other girl friends did in fact see a "screen shot of the mystery woman" and then when they asked to see the entire video they were shown it by LE. He said the part that may not be correct is that PV told him he saw the entire video when in fact he saw a "screen shot." A unidentified friend of PV's in LE showed this screen shot to him in private, but when telling the story to the reporter PV made it out to be the entire video was shown to him by this person. On the radio show, he said he has only seen a screen shot of the woman. Since the woman has been identified and talked to it didn't sound like she saw anything because she didn't appear to enter the park. Still....wonder why LE just won't show it to him now..or maybe they have and he's just not updated anyone via FB site or updates.

Running While Female: More than half of young women joggers get harassed, study shows
Bv NICOLE LYN PESCE NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Wed Oct 26 16, 10:48 pm

Screenshot 2016-10-27 at 12.38.24 PM.png

"More than half of female joggers over 30 have been harassed, often sexually, according to a Runner’s World report shared exclusively with the Daily News.

The survey comes on the heels of the high-profile murders of three female joggers last summer: Queens resident Karina Vetrano, 30, near Howard Beach; Google employee Vanessa Marcotte, 27, in Princeton, Mass.; and Alexandra (Ally) Brueger, 31, shot in the back in Rose Township, Mich."

Agree someone was watching her. I think the someone knew her through her dad, through his contracting business. I think she was stalked for quite some time. jmo
I remember seeing a post in one of the strings (didn't read but 40 pages or so of all the strings) and it said there were contracting signs for PV's business out at the 92nd street address. I remember when this case started, I was looking online for the addresses for PV's house for a psychic that was meeting them on August 19th. I just happened to pop on Zillow and put the address in. From the start of this case until the 9th week of the case, the price on the house went up $120k! I asked someone who lives in NY how that could happen..and he said that "only if work was being done on that house would that happen." Another person claimed that "housing prices went up and down there like the stock market". The one house on 84th street that PV lives in (and KV lived in too) went up $108k in those 9 weeks. Therefore, probably work was being done on all these houses and it could be someone that knew her through PV's contracting business. Either that or someone at her workplace(s), or Instagram, etc. IDK, it's a mystery.

P.S. On PV's FB page & page a few hours ago, PV did a comment on his donation regarding looking into hiring a team of PIs again. I think I saw a post here from a month or so ago in which a PI (Sgt Friday) said that would be a waste of resources and that DNA Science would be what solved this case.

Thank you for this.

Running While Female: More than half of young women joggers get harassed, study shows
Bv NICOLE LYN PESCE NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Wed Oct 26 16, 10:48 pm

View attachment 103699

"More than half of female joggers over 30 have been harassed, often sexually, according to a Runner’s World report shared exclusively with the Daily News.

The survey comes on the heels of the high-profile murders of three female joggers last summer: Queens resident Karina Vetrano, 30, near Howard Beach; Google employee Vanessa Marcotte, 27, in Princeton, Mass.; and Alexandra (Ally) Brueger, 31, shot in the back in Rose Township, Mich."

A different link to the same http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/young-women-joggers-harassed-study-article-1.2846002

Finally able to log back in to WS!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

IF semen was not present, and IF the killer was impotent, could this indicate a perp in an older age bracket ?

I remember seeing a post in one of the strings (didn't read but 40 pages or so of all the strings) and it said there were contracting signs for PV's business out at the 92nd street address. I remember when this case started, I was looking online for the addresses for PV's house for a psychic that was meeting them on August 19th. I just happened to pop on Zillow and put the address in. From the start of this case until the 9th week of the case, the price on the house went up $120k! I asked someone who lives in NY how that could happen..and he said that "only if work was being done on that house would that happen." Another person claimed that "housing prices went up and down there like the stock market". The one house on 84th street that PV lives in (and KV lived in too) went up $108k in those 9 weeks. Therefore, probably work was being done on all these houses and it could be someone that knew her through PV's contracting business. Either that or someone at her workplace(s), or Instagram, etc. IDK, it's a mystery.

P.S. On PV's FB page & page a few hours ago, PV did a comment on his donation regarding looking into hiring a team of PIs again. I think I saw a post here from a month or so ago in which a PI (Sgt Friday) said that would be a waste of resources and that DNA Science would be what solved this case.

I read in one of the posts that the father would be open to using a psychic. When I first started doing PI work I had a 30+ year missing person case with a man who was in the Army but was stationed in Georgia. The family was looking to have him declared dead because property was in his name and the sale could not be processed. They had done everything to try and find him to no avail. I was called in to basically go through the motions. One of the things I did was look into psychics , which I was very skeptical of having a law enforcement background. I decided on a woman who was called the "Psychic Detective" and written books and has been on tv on this subject. This woman has an over 30+ years in helping law enforcement and the tributes to go along with it. mostly in New Jersey solving Homicides. She was instrumental in getting me info that I was able to verify even after so many years. I would highly recommend her in this case. Sadly my subject was also a homicide victim whose body was never found. I think her credibility in working cases as this would possibly give a direction for the NYPD to follow that they may not be aware of.

I read in one of the posts that the father would be open to using a psychic. When I first started doing PI work I had a 30+ year missing person case with a man who was in the Army but was stationed in Georgia. The family was looking to have him declared dead because property was in his name and the sale could not be processed. They had done everything to try and find him to no avail. I was called in to basically go through the motions. One of the things I did was look into psychics , which I was very skeptical of having a law enforcement background. I decided on a woman who was called the "Psychic Detective" and written books and has been on tv on this subject. This woman has an over 30+ years in helping law enforcement and the tributes to go along with it. mostly in New Jersey solving Homicides. She was instrumental in getting me info that I was able to verify even after so many years. I would highly recommend her in this case. Sadly my subject was also a homicide victim whose body was never found. I think her credibility in working cases as this would possibly give a direction for the NYPD to follow that they may not be aware of.

Not sure if the rules allow me to name her on this site? Her initials are N O W anyone can google her.

Oh yes, there have been several updates where PV has said he was open to using psychics and I know at least one has been working on it for 10 weeks or so. He hasn't mentioned using psychics in a long time now...so I don't know if he's still open...probably is.... I never believed in psychics and didn't know much about them. Then, I found this link (still haven't read it all) and remember seeing a lady who is in lots of these cases but her initials are NR? She's like 76+ now..and didn't know if she was still working on cases. I could swear I sent PV an e-mail with her name in it a long time ago...when he mentioned psychics but don't think he read it. http://www.victorzammit.com/articles/psychicdetectives.html. But, you said her initials are NOW? .I Googled "NOW- psychic detective" and it comes up with her name (NR). This has to be her. Thanks so much for the info! IDK how to get this info to PV because he doesn't read his FB wall messages like he should, people can't get e-mails to him, FB messenger messages go "unseen", etc.

P.S. Seems like we would need to give this info to NYPD and I talked to a Sgt on the "Task Force Homicide" for this case a few times many weeks ago on the phone (in the beginning..trying to get info to PV)..but last time I called a month ago or so they said was moved to some public affairs office. This made me think he might be the one that showed PV the screen shot of the "was-mystery woman" in the Go Pro Video, but think PV saw that screen shot after he was moved to that office. This Sgt. told me the name of the "Case Detective" on the case, but don't know if he would be open to using psychics...never talked to him before. Probably PV would need to contact and hire her.

Great body type examples HG. Thanks. Q: the eyes? Is the perp wearing glasses, night vision googles, or ? Anyone?

Great body type examples HG. Thanks. Q: the eyes? Is the perp wearing glasses, night vision googles, or ? Anyone?

You're welcome, GutInstinct. Just glasses, looks like, but some caps you see the eyes from certain angles. Maybe bifocals of some kind, because the top center glare is consistently different than the rest of lenses. In really high contrast caps, there's a reflection just where his ear should be on the side facing toward the street, then another one around his chin. So earphones of some kind possibly?

[video=youtube;yjjlVJNdDS4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjjlVJNdDS4[/video]

Eyes creep me out too but why the bright white spots for eyes? Glasses? Googles? Night vision things? Flashlight eyeglasses?

Glare proofing maybe, but to cover his eyes and not be recognized. Let's say it was this guy, and he saw himself in the video, his eyes would be too telling, thus the glasses? The video of the recent suspect is just upthread for com

[video=youtube;XHzvz4BR0mk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHzvz4BR0mk[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member