NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Post # 610 ..... there is a link to someone's social media account....that person looks a lot like the sketch of " man seen leaving the area around the time KV was murdered" sketch...IMO

My opinions only

Can you copy the link off the social media?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you copy the link off the social media?

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010569254648

Yenson Reyes was arrested for this recent crime:

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20...ex-assault-break-in-arrest-anonymous-tip-nypd

I don't think he could be the person in KV sketch only because of the light complexion and the amount of priors (29) he has I'm sure his DNA would be in database already.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010569254648

Yenson Reyes was arrested for this recent crime:

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20...ex-assault-break-in-arrest-anonymous-tip-nypd

I don't think he could be the person in KV sketch only because of the light complexion and the amount of priors (29) he has I'm sure his DNA would be in database already.

Ugh! What a scum! He does have distinctive look as the sketch but I agree, he isn't the suspect for KV crime

Update from PV on the :

"Good morning all. I have a request for you. I need to speak to an FBI agent, active or retired. I want the Feds to get more involved in the case. So if anyone is , knows or knows someone who knows an agent or someone else I can speak to , please contact me with that info."

Update from PV on the :

"Good morning all. I have a request for you. I need to speak to an FBI agent, active or retired. I want the Feds to get more involved in the case. So if anyone is , knows or knows someone who knows an agent or someone else I can speak to , please contact me with that info."

I wonder what's this about? Are police doing their job? Are they not? I would want the Feds on this as well!

I wonder what's this about? Are police doing their job? Are they not? I would want the Feds on this as well!

What's strange is that the area KV was found in is, I believe, federal land. FBI should be involved already. jmo Maybe Mr. V means he wants them MORE involved ? Something up with NYPD for him ? IDK... jmo

What's strange is that the area KV was found in is, I believe, federal land. FBI should be involved already. jmo Maybe Mr. V means he wants them MORE involved ? Something up with NYPD for him ? IDK... jmo

Maybe his frustration with the pace of the investigation.

Update from PV on the :

PV writes that he wants the Feds to get more involved in the case.
MORE involved would mean the Feds are already involved.

It’s a bit peculiar that he writes of the need to speak to an FBI agent, active or retired.
If the Feds are already involved, I think he might be permitted to speak to an ‘active’ FBI agent working the case, but only if NYPD approves it because I think NYPD is the lead agency for the investigation. I think a frustration will be that while he may get approval to speak ‘to’ an active FBI agent, that FBI agent will likely not provide any information to PV.

PV writes that he wants the Feds to get more involved in the case.
MORE involved would mean the Feds are already involved.

It’s a bit peculiar that he writes of the need to speak to an FBI agent, active or retired.
If the Feds are already involved, I think he might be permitted to speak to an ‘active’ FBI agent working the case, but only if NYPD approves it because I think NYPD is the lead agency for the investigation. I think a frustration will be that while he may get approval to speak ‘to’ an active FBI agent, that FBI agent will likely not provide any information to PV.

I find it strange. A father of a victim talking to an agent will do nothing. The agents take orders from their commanding officers, not from victim families. Of course, the victim's families are part of the process....but not in the sense that they can organize who works on the case and decide what evidence (if any) LE shares with them.

I am totally sympathetic to the father and I completely understand his personality type is a fixer, doer, take-charger. He has to be beyond frustrated. And family members do often need to be loud voices to keep LE active on a case - I get that.

But LE is in charge, not the dad.

:(

jmopinon

Hi All- Got caught up in the Todd Kohlhepp case. I'm still around and think of KV daily. Even seeing men that resemble the sketch and I think of her right away. I wish we had a better idea of who it could be, sadly I hope he strikes again and is caught on video somewhere. I hate to have to even say I hope he does something again. Ugh.

I have been following this case since day one. As a runner and a woman, it shocked me to my core. I don't live in NYC anymore but I still have family there. I want to thank all Websleuths members who have contributed such thoughtful theories and posts. I joined Webleuths today in order to participate more fully in this discussion.

I have been following this case since day one. As a runner and a woman, it shocked me to my core. I don't live in NYC anymore but I still have family there. I want to thank all Websleuths members who have contributed such thoughtful theories and posts. I joined Webleuths today in order to participate more fully in this discussion.

Welcome :welcome6: to WS! Curious about your thoughts... My gal and I are too old to run anymore, but still love to fast walk a couple of miles most days... We can relate to running thru areas similar to the "weeds" but where we live - looking back, it was chancy to do even for two people, especially at dusk... KV ran late in the day, but still lots of light, but a perp familiar with area would know it would be getting dark and could use that to advantage if attack was planned. But use of rock to subdue her (mentioned somewhere, but can't find a reference anymore) shows unplanned crime...

Welcome :welcome6: to WS! Curious about your thoughts... My gal and I are too old to run anymore, but still love to fast walk a couple of miles most days... We can relate to running thru areas similar to the "weeds" but where we live - looking back, it was chancy to do even for two people, especially at dusk... KV ran late in the day, but still lots of light, but a perp familiar with area would know it would be getting dark and could use that to advantage if attack was planned. But use of rock to subdue her (mentioned somewhere, but can't find a reference anymore) shows unplanned crime...

Thank you very much for the welcome. I've read just about every news story out there about KV and this crime. I've lurked through all three KV threads here and continue to follow the story. It is also my opinion that it was a random crime of opportunity. I think if it was someone who was stalking her and waiting for her, it seems logical to think that they would have taken precautions like wearing gloves to avoid leaving behind DNA. Also, someone with a "plan" might well have dragged the body all the way to the water instead of just leaving it in the weeds. I am leaning toward the perpetrator being someone who was familiar with the area, maybe was looking to score some drugs in the park. I'm not very familiar with the Howard Beach area but I look at the higher crime areas with the closest proximity to Spring Creek Park. These are my thoughts. I really hope they catch this person.

Just came across this story. Happened in the Bronx (perp is RSO and lives in Queens). Wondering, since his DNA is now on file, if it is being tested to connect to other sexual crimes. I read that he gave authorities sample of his DNA after they questioned him, which means his DNA was not in the database prior to this incident....also would like input on his photo compared to KV sketch.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...rider-pants-bronx-article-1.2873793?cid=bitly

Just came across this story. Happened in the Bronx (perp is RSO and lives in Queens). Wondering, since his DNA is now on file, if it is being tested to connect to other sexual crimes. I read that he gave authorities sample of his DNA after they questioned him, which means his DNA was not in the database prior to this incident....also would like input on his photo compared to KV sketch.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...rider-pants-bronx-article-1.2873793?cid=bitly

IDK. My first thought was the crimes are so different that they are unlikely to be related. But then again, someone who jerks off on the subway like that obviously doesn't have high regard for women and is treating them like trash to do it on their pant leg on the train. Gimme a f'ing break. It's a demeaning violation of the victim, whether or not it's violent...so it could be that someone who attacks women for rape would take the opportunity when it presents itself to violate in this masturbation way as well. I don't know.

Either way, yuck.

And there is the Queens connection.

More investigation needed on this perp. Can we place him near The Weeds - is he known to go there or near there?

IDK. My first thought was the crimes are so different that they are unlikely to be related. But then again, someone who jerks off on the subway like that obviously doesn't have high regard for women and is treating them like trash to do it on their pant leg on the train. Gimme a f'ing break. It's a demeaning violation of the victim, whether or not it's violent...so it could be that someone who attacks women for rape would take the opportunity when it presents itself to violate in this masturbation way as well. I don't know.

Either way, yuck.

And there is the Queens connection.

More investigation needed on this perp. Can we place him near The Weeds - is he known to go there or near there?
I'm trying to figure out his other charges. He is a tier 3 offender, originally from FL. He resides in St. Albans, Queens which is about 7 miles from Spring Creek Park.

https://nysexoffenders.com/offender/rodney-pierre-3301

Seems like his last known address was Jersey City, NJ he hasn't registered in NY yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member